Email disappearing from Inbox

I am using Windows Mail. The email account that I am having these issues
with is Gmail.  I have used Windows mail for a couple years and I
haven't had any problems till today.

I use folders for separating my email and rules.  I have checked all my
rules and I have checked the view to make sure that view all is
selected.

Here is what is happening to me.

If I am working in my inbox when an email comes in, I can select that
email, look at it, reply to it, and even move it to another folder.
However, if I dont do anything to that email, and go to another folder,
when I come back, that email has disappeared.

If I am in another folder when that email comes in, I can see that there
is one new email.  I go to my inbox and there is nothing there.

I can go to Gmail.com and look on the server, and my email is in the
trash, marked as read already.

With a friends help I set a mail rule, and had her email sent to another
folder when it came in.  That email was there.  I had no problems
leaving that folder and going back to that email. But if there was no
rule and it went to the inbox it disappeared on me.

What I have done so far:
1. I have made sure of the view all messages.
2. I have stopped the pop forwarding and redid it.
3. I have deleted the account from Windows Mail, closed the program,
reopened it and created it again.

None of this is working.  Please if you know what else that I can do I
would be able to stop losing my sanity.  This is going to drive me to
the nuthouse if I cant get it fixed soon.

Thanks
Deb

--
debwoodson
0

Is this a POP3 or an IMAP account?  If its pop3 then check for 3rd party =
program interference (see point 3 here:  www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3).  =
If its IMAP, then I'm not sure but there may be some control be exerted =
on the local store by the server.

steve

"debwoodson" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message =
>=20
> I am using Windows Mail. The email account that I am having these =
issues
> with is Gmail.  I have used Windows mail for a couple years and I
> haven't had any problems till today.
>=20
> I use folders for separating my email and rules.  I have checked all =
my
> rules and I have checked the view to make sure that view all is
> selected.=20
>=20
> Here is what is happening to me.
>=20
> If I am working in my inbox when an email comes in, I can select that
> email, look at it, reply to it, and even move it to another folder.=20
> However, if I dont do anything to that email, and go to another =
folder,
> when I come back, that email has disappeared.
>=20
> If I am in another folder when that email comes in, I can see that =
there
> is one new email.  I go to my inbox and there is nothing there. =20
>=20
> I can go to Gmail.com and look on the server, and my email is in the
> trash, marked as read already.
>=20
> With a friends help I set a mail rule, and had her email sent to =
another
> folder when it came in.  That email was there.  I had no problems
> leaving that folder and going back to that email. But if there was no
> rule and it went to the inbox it disappeared on me.
>=20
> What I have done so far:
> 1. I have made sure of the view all messages.
> 2. I have stopped the pop forwarding and redid it. =20
> 3. I have deleted the account from Windows Mail, closed the program,
> reopened it and created it again.
>=20
> None of this is working.  Please if you know what else that I can do I
> would be able to stop losing my sanity.  This is going to drive me to
> the nuthouse if I cant get it fixed soon.
>=20
> Thanks
> Deb
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> debwoodson
0
Steve

Remove GUID in email Subject Line in v1.2
How do I remove the GUID in the subject line of emails in v1.2? I see this KB at MS http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829459 but it references CRM 1.0 only and the date of my Crmemaildispatch.dll file is later than the one in their hotfix. Can anyone give me some pointers? Follow those guidelines for setting the registry setting indicated. The hook to look for this is in the 1.2 dll already. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Stewart Arnold" <stewartarnold@DELETEIT.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4knmf.6410$L7.831@fe12.lga... How do I remov...

Opening Email #2
I am using "owa" to log into my email at work. Only on my home computer, once I log in, I can get into my email box, move from box to box, i.e., sent, draft, etc., however, if I click on an email to read it nothing happens. And interestingly enough I can check and email and delete it, but I can't read it. Any thoughts on what he problem is? This just started yesterday, prior to this everything was fine Thanks, John ...

Duplicate Inbox Messages
Why do I get doubles of each email message I receive? If you have Outlook 2002, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q284404 might help. Otherwise, we'll need to know your Outlook version number and what sort of mail account(s) you have. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Betty" <BettyOKeefe@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0b0001c35b5c$43c30900$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Why do I get doubles of each email message I receive? Thanks for posting this, roam betw...

No password needed to access email? How do I become more secure?
New to Microsoft Outlook. I'm a previous Outlook Express user, and was able to manage my identities, thus providing more secruity in "others" reading my emails. Is this not an option in Micro Oulook? I was planning to switch over after my soon to be ex, rebooted Windows while I was out of town and basically deleted everything. No back up disk. Starting all over :( You could put a password on your PST file so that a password would be needed to open it. In Outlook, right click on the root of your folder tree, choose Properties > Advanced > Change Password "...

Email signature keeps disappearing
Hi, I have a user who says that "now and again" his email signature disappears and he has to re-add this. He has a roaming profile but no other settings are affected/lost and no error messages are displayed either to this effect. Can someone help? Thanks Scott Ashton MCP MCDST What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "Scott Ashton" <wibble@wobble.com> wrote in message news:uNdp3ky4HHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, > ...

Duplicate messages in Inbox
Everytime I have Outlook call for my messages on my POP3 accounts, I get 2 of each message. I have 3 accounts but only one of them gets the duplicates.....anyone have any idea how to stop the duplicates? Thanks See if the following page helps you figure out the cause of this problem: http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook-Duplicates.asp -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:03c901c39c34$fb610da0$a101280a@phx.gbl, agood wrote: > Everytim...

Download email
My outlook will not download email from my comcast account. The account is set up according to specs and I do not receive an error message. Also, when I send a test message from the wizard, it goes to my comcast account. Just cant POP receive or send in normal mode. Please help. It is driving me crazy. What version of Outlook do you have? Can you turn on diagnostic logging (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q300479 for Outlook 2002 and 2003) and post the OPMLog.log file after trying to dowload messages? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting ...

send individual email to distribution list
I'd like to send messages to a distribution list, but would like each receipent to see his/her own name appear in To: field, instead of the distribution list name. any suggestions? thanks! On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 19:20:11 -0700, "alice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'd like to send messages to a distribution list, but >would like each receipent to see his/her own name appear >in To: field, instead of the distribution list name. > >any suggestions? > The only way to accomplish this would be to do a mail merge with Word. -- <&...

Junk email filter Outllok 2000
Good morning!! Could somebody tell me who can I get Junk email filter Outlook 2000). I had found nothing about this, only this article en www.microsoft/suppor Q. 195398, where I read only who to active and setup but no who to get it??? Thank you for your time and help The filter is built into Outlook 2000's adult and junk rule conditions, which are probably out of date and ineffective. You'd be better off getting one of the tools listed at http://www.slipstick.com/rules/junkmail.htm#tools -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for ...

Email transfer from Outlook to Outlook Express-different PC
I am changing over to a new PC, and am having trouble transferring my emails from my old PC and Outlook to my new PC and Outlook Express. I was able to get to the export area, but it automatically defaulted to my A:, and I do not have enough floopy disk space to copy all of my emails. Has anyone experienced this before? Please advise, or point me in the direction that I need to go. Thanks. ...

Deleted email account pops up after closing and restarting Live Ma
Since I migrated over my email accounts from Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail, I have noticed that one of my gmail accounts (I have more than 2) started showing up twice on the left sidebar. However, one of them didn't show folders when i clicked on it and asked to have the folders downloaded, despite all those folders already having been synced on my "working" email account. The first thing I did was delete the duplicate account from the "Tools" menu and it disappeared. All the other email accounts (live, gmail, & school seemed fine). However, on...

Toolbar buttons: black pixel disappeared
Hi, At runtime we're adding all our icons (resource-file) to a Win32 imagelist by calling ImageList_AddIcon. We then use this image list with our toolbar. CImageList* img = new CImageList(); img->Attach(nativeImageList); GetToolBarCtrl().SetImageList(img); The problem is now that all black pixels (0,0,0) are completely transparent! Does anybody know what might be causing the problem? Thanks! Bart I'm not a guru on this subject, but I can tell you that the problem lies in the probability that your image list is masked. Masked imagelists use a mask to indicate wha...

Pb vhen I send a email to AOL
Good morning, It is impossible for me to send a email to AOL people. I use OUTLOOK 2002 and the others fonction is OK I appreciate some help Best Regards > It is impossible for me to send a email to AOL people. Can you send email to aol with another mail programm, using the same mailserver? Can you send email to aol using another emailserver with outlook? Which version of outlook do you use? What is the error message? regards, enno -- http://www.verbrennung.org This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0088_01C4E281.86B1BBF0 Content-Type: text/plain; c...

Help! Navigation bar disappeared after re-publishing!
I did some modifications on my navigation bar and re-published the entire website. When I reviewed my site, I noticed that the navigation bar was gone. I called Hostmonster who hosts my website. They uninstalled and re-installed the FrontPage Extension twice and renamed the access file, and each time I re-published the site. But to no avail. Does anybody have an idea? I am at my wit's end. Monika If you have a website give us a link to it so we can it and help you Out? "yogalady" <yogalady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B6DDF78...

Help: Messages Disappear from Inbox Current View is set to Message
Hi: We are using Outlook 2002 SP2 and XP Pro SP1. Messages are disappearing from my inbox. I checked google and MS knowledge base. The current view for my inbox is set to message and not unread messages. The only other twist is that I have two accounts one is a pop3 and the other is imap. These accounts have two separate inboxes in their own folders. Any suggestions, TIA, Mariela I would double check your rules to make sure people are not being added to your junk senders list by accident. Dave >-----Original Message----- >Hi: > >We are using Outlook 2002 SP2 and XP ...

Sound in email when I want
My provider has a very good spam checker which labels mail. I can set up a filter to send such mail, which also does not come from anyone in my address books, to a folder for checking later. I don't want either the sound or notification when this happens, but I do want both of these when 'good' mail comes in. Is there a way? -- Jim S Tyneside UK http://www.jimscott.co.uk "Jim Scott" wrote in message news:Xns996DD27019080jim.jimXscott.co.uk@85.214.90.228... > My provider has a very good spam checker which labels mail. I can set > up a > filter to ...

Sending Emails
In RM, I want to email customer statements (PDF's) to a range of clients via Tools > Routines > Sales > Statements. How can I add a default message to the body of the email (not just the subject line), rather than having blank emails with attachments sent out? Our MAPI client is Outlook 2003 in an Exchange 2003 environment. GP version is 8.0. Thanks! -- Bob I'm not for sure that it will give you what you want, but I would check out Binary Stream's e-mail manager http://www.binarystream.com/eMailerManager_SOP.asp I've got a couple of clients using it for Invoic...

Importing Outlook Email into Windows Live Mail
I recently upgraded from XP Pro to Win 7. In XP Pro, I was using Outlook 2003 but upgraded to Outlook 2007 as my email program of choice for Win 7. I would like to try Windows Live Mail (WLM), since Outlook Express is now dead, and I don't have a newsreader program anymore. My problem is, I cannot find out how to import my saved email and contact database into WLM. When I made the switch from XP to Win 7 & Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007, Outlook 2007 automatically inported everything for me, so the transition was smoth. Has anyone made this transition from either Outook...

How do i force the use of a Subject in all emails?
We have decided that all employees shoould put something in the subject of an email and I'm looking for a setting in Exchange to force them to do so before allowing them to send an email. Anyone know if that setting exists? Thanks, -- Michael E. McAteer Network Engineer MCSA, MCSE, CNA, A+ On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:46:28 -0800, Michael E. McAteer <MichaelEMcAteer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have decided that all employees shoould put something in the subject of an >email and I'm looking for a setting in Exchange to force them to do so before >allowing them...

email account problems
My Outlook '02 recently started acting strangely. I have 3 accounts set up. When I click from one inbox to another, the screen temorarily displays the default account inbox, then slowly changes to display the selected inbox. This happens always. Any ideas on this? It just started happening w/o any apparent provocation. Try disabling the integration with Instant Messenger in Tools | Options | Other and see if that speeds things up. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the mess...

help needed with outlook 2000 email
I cannot send or receive email on my outlook 2000 account. have used it for years but now it is caput. error message reads: A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to send data to the server. (Account: ‘pop.charter.net’, SMTP server: ‘smtp.charter.net’, Error Number: 0x800ccc13). Help would be much appreciated. Thansk you. Orlando coalcorona <coalcorona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot send or receive email on my outlook 2000 account. have used > it for years but now it is caput. error message reads: > A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to send data to the...

Can't reply or forward emails
I can't reply or forward email using outlook web access from my home computer. If I use web access from a computer at my office it will reply and forward emails. Does anyone know why or how to fix this? Thanks for the help!! ...

Is there a way to make reminders "pop up" like email notices?
I'm running Office 2007 Pro on Win XP Pro. When an email arrives, I hear a tone and a little window appears in the lower right-hand corner of the screen showing the name of the sender. It remains visible for a few seconds and then fades away. It does not take over the focus or affect the active task in any way. This is an exscellent implementation. Is there any way to get the task reminders to pop up in the same way? As it is, they take over the focus and screw up the active task. \"Square Peg" <SquarePeg@Round.Hole> wrote in message news:9rc1c4h1m5kadqfiego6rl5cqlgqev...

problem deleting email
OK, here it is as simple as I can make it. I have a problem that requires the Inbox Repair Tool. Now, how do I get this tool and will it fix the problem that I have. I cannot delete any emails. tried following the way that the puter said to get to the repair tool, but that isn't the way. stuck here. help me please! ...

html email not working?
Hello, I am trying to design a newsletter/letter in Pub. 03 that will show up with all images, etc. when the user receives it. I uploaded the image to my flick account, then put the code in... when I do a web preview its fine, but when I email it to myself, I just see the code, not the image. Perhaps go to Tools > Options > Web tab and under email options, uncheck "send entire publication as a single JPG...". DavidF "potocki99" <potocki99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9608D90-4CDC-4835-A8DE-AAFCC13C16EF@microsoft.com... > Hello, ...