Displaying identity of sender in email -

All I see is the size of the file -

Huh?
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Janet" <Janet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All I see is the size of the file -

0
Bruce
8/19/2010 6:39:09 PM
Where are you looking? The message list pane in Windows Mail
normally displays: From, Subject, Received. Additional information
columns can be added by right-clicking on any column header.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Janet"  wrote in message news:61262870-AE8B-4BB0-AC74-BDC1F250F397@microsoft.com...

All I see is the size of the file -

0
Gary

how i could email
how could I fix my windows mail I was traying to reply a company that i was interested in their job but it's kicking bact to my as a mistake. how could I set po3 please help me. "y2kazt" <y2kazt@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:BE9CE615-7074-4787-B0E0-D86B941F5513@microsoft.com... > how could I fix my windows mail I was traying to reply a company that i > was interested in their job but it's kicking bact to my as a mistake. > how could I set po3 > please help me. Free Yahoo accounts will not work in Windows Mail. -- Regards Stev...

incoming emails problem after migration
As a process to migrate from ex5.5 to ex2k, I installed ex2k server as a site of ex5.5 within the same organization. I moved all the mailboxes from ex5.5 to ex2k server and configured a new SMTP connector in routing group. I also changed the pix configuration to point to new ex2k server. My outgoing emails are working fine but have problems in incoming emails. Senders get undeliverable message. When I see in the routing group i can see the Ex5.5 machine as a IMS connector. If the problem is due to this then how can I add new IMS connector for ex2k? I would appriciate if anybody have ...

Can't open or save attachments in emails
I can't open or save any email attachments in Windows Mail. I click on them and nothing happens. No errors codes. In my security settings I have the " do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" box unchecked. If I try to save an attachment, I get an error message that says "There was an error saving one or mor of the attachments. Please check your free disk space and try again." Help? That problem can be caused by interference from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems wi...

Is there a way to make a "safe senders" for IMF?
So I just installed and enabled IMF at my company, but we have a problem. One of our foxpro apps sends emails on errors to a mailbox called fox in our AD. It makes the FROM user be the username.machinename@domainname.com IMF doesnt seem to like these messages and gives most of them a rating of 7 and up. This is obviously a big problem for us as now these messages are getting ripped out at the gateway level (wed like our gateway to be like 6 or so, maybe even 5 down the road). I cant see of an easy way to make sure IMF just ignores these emails. They come from the machine itself (so an inte...

Access/Outlook 2000 email question
Here is my script: Dim email As String email = Me.emailADDRESS Dim contactID As String Dim cnn As ADODB.Connection Dim rst1 As New ADODB.Recordset Set cnn = CurrentProject.Connection rst1.Open "member_QRY", cnn, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic Do Until rst1.EOF contactID = rst1![contactID] rst1.MoveNext Loop rst1.Close Dim body As String body = "Dear " & Me.firstNAME & "," body = body & vbCr & vbLf & vbCr & vbLf & "ILTA has received your membership dues payment. Ple...

VB
I have a query which displays contents in a grid. The SourceObject Property is "Query.qry-ShowData". How can I return the actual SQL statement used by this query? The reason is this query pulls contents from different forms to create the WHERE statement and I would like to see the actual SQL statement used by the "Query.qry-ShowData". Thank you in advance for your help. Mike Hi, try: debug.print currentdb.querydefs("qry-ShowData").SQL -- Best regards, ___________ Alex Dybenko (MVP) http://accessblog.net http://www.PointLtd.com "Michael Kintne...

CRM email subject appearing in HTML tags

unaccepted transactions not displaying
I'm using Money 2007 Deluxe on Vista RTM. On Friday I downloaded my transactions as usual but when I went to my accounts there were no "unaccepted" tranactions to accept. My system shows a mismatch in balance due to these transactions, but I can't find them anywhere. The system knows they are there because my accounts list "Transactions to to read: x", but when I click on the link there is nothing displayed. Any thoughts? Thanks! JJ In microsoft.public.money, JJ Streicher-Bremer wrote: >I'm using Money 2007 Deluxe on Vista RTM. On Friday I down...

copy-paste emails don't work
How can I copy emails from a column in Microsoft Works database to paste them into a new email in Windows Live mails ? When I do this, it requires a ";" at the end of each email which is time consuming to add. How can I solve this problem ? Thank you You mean email addresses. You should be able to do a global search and replace. For example, if the addresses are currently separated by a space character you can replace all occurrences of the space character by '[space][semicolon]'. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) wrote in message news:BD26...

leaving copies of emails on the server
Hi there. I am using Outlook 2002 at work, and the same at home. I VPN in from home, but when I download my mail it takes the messages off the server. Then when I get to work, I have no email in my inbox. Isn't there a way to make it leave a copy of the messages on the server? Any ideas? Thanks! John Go to Tools | E-mail Accounts, click View or change existing e-mail accounts and click Next, select the account in question, click Change, then the More Settings button. The option for leaving mail on the server is on the Advanced tab of the Internet E-mail Settings dialog. -- J...

Display decimal with multiplier
I have a several rows of data that I display on a chart. Now one row of data is in decimal like so 0.001. The data displays just like I want and I cannot change the source of the data nor can I read it from anywhere else. Now my problem is when I put a data label on my chart the textbox shows up on each point with the value 0.001. I would like to display the value as a multiple of the real data value so that it shows up as 1. I looked in the help and see that you can use a format of "#," to display a number but that is lowering the number as in 12,000 gets displayed as 12. I just can...

Cant send emails 06-04-10
I get the following message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'free movies', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E How do I fix it so I can get emails. ...

directly emailing word or excel document
From either Word or Excel 2007 - File - Send as email attachment I get the error Logon Failed, you must log on to Microsoft Exchange to access your address book. I am using Windows Live Mail and have set thjis as my defalt email program ...

"Your files are attached and ready to send with this message." from IE "Send Link by email"
When we try to use "File - Send Link by Email" from Internet Explorer 6 SP1, the phrase "Your files are attached and ready to send with this message." appears as the email message body but the .URL attachment isn't there, we don't get a warning that Outlook blocked an unsafe attachment, and most importantly, the link itself is not part of the message body. We tried upgrading Outlook 2002 from SP2 to SP3 but it made no difference. This person also has Netscape 7 installed, but the Program options in IE point to Outlook XP. Any guesses would be greatly appreciated! ...

Serial number display
Serial numbers on transaction screens (Inventory adjustment, Inventory transfer, Sales Order fulfillment, etc.) should be displayed in serial number sequence. It is extremely cumbersome to scroll through serial numbers as is when they are displayed by date entered, rather than by serial number. Also once you find and select a serial number the cursor should move to the next serial number in sequence, not back to the start of the list. -- Jim@TurboChef ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for t...

Cannot display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook cannot access the specified folder location.
Outlook 07 stopped responding (Vista) and I tried to run scanpst.exe but it wouldn't run because it thought Outlook was still running. I ended the process in Task Manager and still got the running message. Have then rebooted and again tried to run scanpst but it still thinks the file is in use. Now I'm stumped. How can I restore my pst file in Outlook? Thanks in advance, B Try these ideas: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.asp "Boppy" <therealboppy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:edf7fe02-44b1-4e68-9d24-5ed66e75ea4e@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Ou...

Email not being tracked in activities
Hi I have a client that is trying to track emails against a case. When a CRM user sends an email and cc a number of people this gets tracked ok but if one of the people in the cc list sends an email to the same client updating the person as to what is happeing then this email is not getting added to either the client or the case acitivity list. Does anybody have any explanations as to why cc'd CRM users cannot have their emails tracked when emailing clients? ...

Duplicate emails being sent #2
When an email is being sent from my boss's computer it is sending two copies of the email to the addressee. How do I stop this. Could it be your boss has some sort of rule set up which automatically sends a duplicate to the addressee? Look in Rules Wizard. >-----Original Message----- >When an email is being sent from my boss's computer it is >sending two copies of the email to the addressee. >How do I stop this. > > >. > ...

Getting Spam Email as if i were sending it to myself
Recently, I have been getting Spam E mail as if it were being sent by myself. I have set up rules that get rid of most of the junk, but have also set a rule to not block mail from personal contacts including my own address. With that rule, somehow I am getting spam mail as if i sent it to myself. Anyone know whats causing this and the cure?? If you define a rule to allow e-mail from known senders (i.e., in your contact-type folder or address book) and then you also include a record there for yourself, well, then you've designated yourself as one of those known senders. Do you of...

How to us an alias email address in Outlook 2003
Hi everyone, We are using Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 and Outlook 2003. Just wanted to know how a user can switch which email address they would like to use for an out going email. Let's say I have the following aliases on my email box: SMTP:lamar@nospam555.com smtp:webmaster@nospam555.com smtp:sales@nospam555.com smtp:info@nospam555.com Now let's say that I wont to send an email out as sales@nospam555.com. But the next email I want to send out as info@nospam555.com, and the next as webmaster@nospam555.com. Is there a way to switch between my aliases in Outlook 2003? I...

sending email
Using MAPI I've been sending email in vb6 for years. But what it does is launch the clients desktop email program (outlook express, outlook, whatever). Many of my clients are now using web based email but want to email from my app. I found code that sends email using a gmail account using cdo for vb6, works great. So I try it with my cox mail account and I get: Sorry, You must login before using this server (or something like that). So I found tons of articles claiming they know how to solve this, using network credentials. Well, I've tried most and still I ca...

email delivery, UDP, force polling, and other fun
Hey all, Just in case anyone cares, I finally figured out the problem on my netowrk involving slow email delivery. It appears to me that Outlook/Exchange connection can be configured one of two ways. "Classic" Exchange uses UDP to notify clients of newly arrived email. However, if a client is behind a firewall or a NAT router specific ports have to be open for UDP to work. In cases where clients are behind a firewall, the clients have to check with the server to be aware of new mail. This happens when a user clicks on a folder or email in Outlook, so often the behavior will be "...

My publisher emails r low quality
When creating a publisher doc it's lookin fine but then when I try to send it, the images become grainy and low quality. Any suggestions? Tools, Options, Web tab, e-mail options. Check the .jpg option. Otherwise convert your publication to a PDF. What version Publisher are you using? There are free converters around, do a search for free PDF converter. If you have 2007 there is a free Microsoft save as PDF. https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en-- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "kitts63" <...

Please help me divide a .txt email list that are separated with spaces and sort them in to excel cells
taking a .txt email list that are separated with spaces and sort them in to excel cells thanks so much in advance Please see your other threads where you posted. Can you only post you question once? (And if not receiving good answers, ONLY then considering posting it into another newsgroup). Thanks. -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "adardesign@gmail.com" wrote: > taking a .txt email list that are separated with spaces and sort them > in to excel cells > thanks so much in advance > > ...

Pub file and email
How can I embed a pub file in the body of an email not as an attachment! thanks! Malcolm ...