disappearing e-mail 04-21-10

This has happenend several times:  Vista;  When I open my e-mail, some email
just disappears, it's not in any folder, it's just gone. I''ve read other
threads that say make sure you are are set to show all messages and I am.
What next?

"Trish1856" <pmf1856@cox.net> wrote in message
> This has happenend several times:  Vista;  When I open my e-mail, some
> email
> just disappears, it's not in any folder, it's just gone. I''ve read other
> threads that say make sure you are are set to show all messages and I am.
> What next?

Try also View menu>current view and disable .Group messages by
conversation', can you see the messages now?

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

mac
4/21/2010 2:36:31 PM
Some of my email disappears, too.  As I watch the messages download, some of
them turn red, the word "Spam" appears in the subject line and then they are
gone.  I have view set to view all and I have spam filtering set to put
suspect messages in the spam folder for my review.  They are not going to the
spam folder or the trash folder, they are just gone.  This happens with mail
where the sender is a contact in my address book.  I have lost bank account
statements, bills, email from friends I regularly correspond with and who
knows what else.  It is very frustrating.  I have opted for paperless billing
on everthing, but half the time I don't get my online bill because windows
deletes them.

"ljhome" <ljhome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Some of my email disappears, too.  As I watch the messages download, some
> of
> them turn red, the word "Spam" appears in the subject line and then they
> are
> gone.  I have view set to view all and I have spam filtering set to put
> suspect messages in the spam folder for my review.  They are not going to
> the
> spam folder or the trash folder, they are just gone.  This happens with
> mail
> where the sender is a contact in my address book.  I have lost bank
> account
> statements, bills, email from friends I regularly correspond with and who
> knows what else.  It is very frustrating.  I have opted for paperless
> billing
> on everthing, but half the time I don't get my online bill because windows
> deletes them.

You did not say, did you try Try also View menu>current view and disable
..Group messages by conversation', can you see the messages now?

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
http://www.getsafeonline.org/

mac
4/23/2010 1:14:06 AM
Windows Mail does not have the capability to add the word 'Spam'
to the subject line of incoming emails. If that is happening, it is done =
by
a third party security program. It is a very bad practice to allow your
security programs to mess with your email.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"ljhome" <ljhome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Some of my email disappears, too.  As I watch the messages download, =
some of=20
> them turn red, the word "Spam" appears in the subject line and then =
they are=20
> gone.  I have view set to view all and I have spam filtering set to =
put=20
> suspect messages in the spam folder for my review.  They are not going =
to the=20
> spam folder or the trash folder, they are just gone.  This happens =
with mail=20
> where the sender is a contact in my address book.  I have lost bank =
account=20
> statements, bills, email from friends I regularly correspond with and =
who=20
> knows what else.  It is very frustrating.  I have opted for paperless =
billing=20
> on everthing, but half the time I don't get my online bill because =
windows=20
> deletes them.
>=20
> "mac" wrote:
>=20
>>=20
>> "Trish1856" <pmf1856@cox.net> wrote in message=20
>> > This has happenend several times:  Vista;  When I open my e-mail, =
some=20
>> > email
>> > just disappears, it's not in any folder, it's just gone. I''ve read =
other
>> > threads that say make sure you are are set to show all messages and =
I am.
>> > What next?
>>=20
>> Try also View menu>current view and disable .Group messages by=20
>> conversation', can you see the messages now?
>>=20
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Regards Steve.
>> MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
>> http://www.getsafeonline.org/
>> =
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/citizenship/safeandsecure/parentadvice/defaul=
t.mspx=20

0
Gary

Can Exchange 2000 use POP3 to retrieve email from another mail server?
My coworkers have asked if it is possible for an Exchange 2000 server to use POP3 to pull email for each of our users from another mail server? For example: Internet -> ISP Mail Server -> Our Exchange 2000 server Can the MX records point at the ISP mail server and our Exchange 2000 server pull each users mail from the ISP via POP3? Thanks for the advice! No, but I believe Small Business Server has the ability to pull from a POP3 system (at least it used to!). You would need to use Outlook with the Internet Mail and MS Exchange Service to put POP3 mail data on the Exhange store. M...

Why does the most recent message disappear from my inbox sometime
Several times the most recent message has disappeared forever from my inbox after I've read it and closed it, either by clicking the corner X or by clicking the arrow for the next item. It is not to be found in Deleted Messages or any other folder on my computer. salspsyche <salspsyche@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Several times the most recent message has disappeared forever from my > inbox after I've read it and closed it, either by clicking the corner > X or by clicking the arrow for the next item. It is not to be found > in Deleted Messages or any oth...

How do I do mail merge with 2 2-sided documents per page?
I am trying to merge an excel mailing list with a two sided postcard. I can fit 2 postcards per page (2 fronts on one side and 2 corresponding backs on the other). Prior to doing the mail merge, the print preview looks correct. After the mail merge, the print preview shows only 1 postcard per page. This doubles the amount of paper I will need to use. Does anyone know how to set up publisher to allow me to print 2 postcards, front and back, with mail merge one sheet of printer paper? When you do a mail merge you can only have one card on your screen. If you are using 2007 I would s...

Mail wont delete from server
i recently started using WLM for my comcast email account on my new laptop with windows 7. the problem i have is that when i delete my messages from within WLM it does NOT remove them from my comcast mail account. the mail continues to build up until the box is full and i can revieve no more mail. My windows xp computer with outlook mail client was able to remove it from the serever. is there a setting i am overlooking to accomplish this? otherwise it defeats the purpose of using WLM if i still have to log on to comcast to purge all the mail. thanks for any help ! Tools | Ac...

mail merge to Word
Does anyone know why I can't get my zip codes in Excel to merge into mailing labels in Word 2000? On the first worksheet I get a very few to merge, the rest are blank. On the second worksheet where I've copied and pasted some random names and addresses from worksheet 1, the zip codes do merge but they all have a decimal and a zero at the end. I have gone to Format and chosen Text, but that doesn't seem to help. I've even cleared and re-entered all my zip codes. That made no difference either. Does anyone see a clue where I'm going wrong? TIA bob ...

Mail Server or Domain banned?
How can I find out if my mail server has been banned or if the administrator banned my domain name? Not enough info to go on. Are you running your own mail server? What makes you think it's been blacklisted? Are you getting bounce messages/NDRs? Rob wrote: > How can I find out if my mail server has been banned or if the > administrator banned my domain name? No, we are talking POP mail. I'm afraid a system administrator might be sabotaging me. Any email sent from mydomain.com is rejected by saiddomain.com. I think the system administrator blocked mydomain.com from saiddo...

All mail changes to Read, after one is read (2nd posting)
I have posted this before with no replies: One of our users on Win 2000, Outlook 2000 has a sudden problem: If he gets several new emails, all of which show up in Bold, if he reads any one of them all of the others change from bold to normal, so he can't tell which ones he has really read, other than re-reading them all. This never happened until yesterday. He has not changed his PC in any way, no new hardware or software. I totally uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2000 on this PC today. For about an hour he was able to read an email without the others changing to read, then sudd...

Digital Signature? 03-19-10
I'd like to put a digital signature on my XL2007 project, so internal users can open from a LiveLink location (it's unsafe for them to make the location a trusted one), without having to manually enable the macro/activex content. But for the life of me, I can't figure out where I GET the signature. When I open the VBA dialog box to add one, there are none to select from. Hints please? B Lynn B - You get the digital signature by purchasing it. See "Get or create your own digital signature" at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA100997641033.as...

Rejected E-Mail Relaying???
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C50A09.C6E8DBE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Client using Exchange 2003. Got an e-mail returned with with a = rejected: ip address listed on dnsbl.sorbs.net error. Their domain name has .us extension, is that causing a problem at the = recipeint's end, thinking that it is spam? Is there a way to stop open relay in Exchange 2003? Thank you for your help in advance! Candace Sparks ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C50A09.C6E8DBE0 Content-Type: tex...

Problem with user that sending out mail to 1000/users external
Hello I have 600/users on out Exchange 2000 server and some of them is sending out mail to 1000/user (external) and when they do that our mail server is working to hard and the other user is complaining. Is their anyway of stopping then from doing the mass mail during the day and then let them sending their mail at night?? Can I create some group (set some settings for max outgoing mamil) that handling this user or must I write some script?? Regards, Kenneth In Outlook, when creating new message click File\Properties\Send Options\MSExchange\Send this item in ... P.S. Sending message to 1000...

Multiple domains to SEND mail via one Exchange box
Hi all, This is somewhat of a complicated question but I know there is a way to do this and I've seen it in working environment before. I have to find a way to make this happen otherwise my job will be handled by someone else in India.... Everything in the environment is 2003 including Exchange. Default Recipient Policies has multiple SMTP domains. For example: @domain1.com, @domain2.com, @domain3.com...etc. I need to find out a way to be able to have users prefer which @domain.com their mail is SENDING out from. I saw this scenario in a working environment before where the user wi...

Office Home & Student 2007 02-23-10
I am trying to install this program on my 3rd computer. I am getting the error code 1304: Error writing to file: Microsoft.Office.Interop.OneNote.dll Verify you have access to that directory. and another error code: 1712 This one had something to do with not being able to go back to previous installed versions. I now need the product key for 2003 to work. My question is: How do I verify I have access (I am the administrator) and where would I find the product key ( I don't have that disc anymore) Thank-you ...

forward mail to specific address to public folder...
I have a network solutions account that handles a particular account. I have it setup to forward all mail to that e-mail account to someone on my domain through network solutions. What I want to do now is anything that comes to the user on my domain that is addressed to the network solutions account should go to a public folder. Or, even another e-mail account but still leave it in the other user's inbox. Is this possible with Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003? Also, this has to be discreet, I can't set a client-side rule for it. TIA. -Steven- You can create a mailbox (if...

metadata cache error 01-21-04
Hi, First time synching 1.2 and I get a "metadata cache error' when trying to look at objects. help? Hi, I have the same problem. Have you find a solution ? Tks. "Gene Marks" <gene@marksgroup.net> a �crit dans le message de news:%23A2ogyG4DHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > First time synching 1.2 and I get a "metadata cache error' when trying to > look at objects. help? > > just going out on a limb - but did you import your 1.0 schema into 1.2? "CRM" <crm@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e2oV5Wz6DHA.25...

Sent Items disappeared
Hi We are running Outlook 2003, not in cached exchange mode, running on Terminal Server. We have one user who has lost 4 days of sent items from her email. I have checked that the user hasn't deleted the emails and can see them in message tracking on the exchange server. (Exchange 2003 SP2) Any ideas as to why this would happen? Thanks in advance We are having the same problem. Archiving is not set on that folder and her sent emails keep disappearing. Had any luck with the solution yet? "Darren97" wrote: > Hi > > We are running Outlook 2003, not in cached excha...

Client-Side Junk E-Mail Filtering
We are using Intelligent Message Filtering with Exchange 2003 SP2. We have a user where e-mail sent to a distribution list hidden from the GAL is being moved to his Junk E-Mail folder by Outlook 2003 SP3 client-side filtering. The e-mail is not being moved if cached-mode is disabled. I added the distribution list address to the user’s Safe Recipients list of their Outlook. Does the distribution list have to be visible in the GAL for client-side filtering to function properly or am I missing something else? Thank you Is this mail entirely internal or does it come from outsi...

chime when Outlook gets mail
Is there a way up change the sound? I'm on Outlook 2000 SP-3 9.0 with an XP machine and the sound is so subtle that I miss it sometimes. When i was on 98, it was a fairly clear two-pitch tone. ...

Only accept mail from people in my address book
How can Outlook be configured only to accept mail from addresses in my address book. Or how can it automatically delete mail from addresses not in my address book? On 10/22/2003 7:55 PM, DCJ wrote: > How can Outlook be configured only to accept mail from > addresses in my address book. Or how can it automatically > delete mail from addresses not in my address book? I don't think this can be done. Other members may have ways to do this. Sorry that I can be any helpful. Good luck. Alex -- -( Alex Yu | Systms Admintr | Multmd Devlpr | AEM | RPI | MSFT MVP )- What v...

Help 05-06-10
I'm trying to send a message and I cant And what exactly happens when you try? Any error messages? Has this account ever worked in Windows Mail? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jarrod Soto" <jarroddsoto@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uLk3suL7KHA.1424@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to send a message and I cant > "Jarrod Soto" <jarroddsoto@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uLk3suL7KHA.1424@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to send a message and I cant ********...

Custom Controls 04-27-04
I am looking for a set of custom controls that exhibit similar behaivour to existing MSCRM controls. We are going to develop an add-on; it will have a set of pages that will extend the functionality. Any pointers would be appreciated. I seem to remember Gary on this group mentioning he had developed a set of controls. You might want to contact him. "D Bolak" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BA4CB4C-836F-4AA7-AAAA-C5ADA7C9CAA7@microsoft.com... > I am looking for a set of custom controls that exhibit similar behaivour to existing MSCRM controls. ...

Send HTML e-mails through a rule
Hi group, There is a way to send html e-mails with a rule? At this time we have a rule and it send an e-mail when a we create a new case, but it is only in text mode Thanks! ...

Repetitive Large Outbound E-mail Messages
With e-mail messages inc. attachments of >700KB, the messages stay in the outbox despite being sent multiple times. Error message (0x8004210B) indicates "operation timed out waiting for response from sending (SMTP) server. McAfee Anti-virus in use with the outbound WormStopper disabled. Have waited on hold nearly an hour and can't talk to customer service rep. Can anyone help? Could you try it again with the virusscanner (integration) disabled? Just to determine whether McAfee or Outlook is your issue. Don't forget to enable your virusscanner again! -- Roady [MVP] ww...

windows update 03-11-10
do i need to keep all those updates on my PC ie... the updates that have been installed over a year ago? "timbo" <timbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BA5D186-44CD-4E17-B6E0-13385C151E1C@microsoft.com... > do i need to keep all those updates on my PC ie... the updates that have > been installed over a year ago? Why does this cause you concern ? -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." timbo wrote: > do i need to keep all those updates on my PC ie... the up...

unread mail #6
In 2007, folders with new mail are showing up in bold instead of showing up in Unread Mail. Is there some setting somewhere I might have changed inadvertently that I can change back to get new email to show up in Unread Mail again? -- Thanks, John The Unread Mail folder is a Search Folder. Check its search conditions to make sure the right folders are included for the query. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more ----- "A" <A@A.net> wrote in message ...

Crosstab
Hi, I have a query that looks like this: TRANSFORM Count(mytable.var2) AS cnt SELECT mytable.var1, count(mytable.var2) AS TOTAL FROM mytable GROUP BY mytable.var1 PIVOT mytable.var2; and my result looks like this: var1 female male 1 30 10 2 40 20 3 50 30 Is there a way I can name the columns to "column1", "column2" and so forth, instead of female and male? Assume there are any number of columns. Thanks in advance, Jenni You can alias your column headings but it may take a few steps/queries. The first step might be to cr...