Disable Recovered Mail function

How do I disable the Recovered Message function? I have tried most of the
fixes suggested in other threads, but it keeps coming back each time I open
WinMail.

Easiest fix for that:
Upgrade to Windows Live Mail:

http://download.live.com/wlmail=20

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Trw6142" <Trw6142@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> How do I disable the Recovered Message function? I have tried most of =
the=20
> fixes suggested in other threads, but it keeps coming back each time I =
open=20
> WinMail.
0
Gary
11/20/2009 12:33:19 AM
You can try compacting and repairing the database with my Windows Mail
utility:  www.oehelp.com/WMUTil/

If that fails, then the extreme measure is to rename the Windows Mail
directory (Tools | Options | Advanced | Maintenance | Store Folder will give
the location).  Then when WinMail starts it will set up anew.  Then you can
add your accounts and use File | Import | Messages to get them from the
older directory.

steve

"Trw6142" <Trw6142@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I disable the Recovered Message function? I have tried most of the
> fixes suggested in other threads, but it keeps coming back each time I
> open
> WinMail.

0
Steve

E-mail forwarding too
no just arrive in my internal, but remain in queue for external "Chuckles" <Notthatyou@need.it> wrote in message news:25WdnT674uwzdSzd4p2dnA@telcove.net... > MMC wrote: > > http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html > > i followed this article! > > why the email forwarding does not work for me?! > > the message i try to send to internal recipient remain in smtp queue (until > > expires), does not arrive to extenal recipient, why, why?!?! > > > > > > > > > Can you send an Email to the external mail address at all? ...

How to create e-mail addresses based on group membership in E2K3 running on W2K3
Hello, I need to create different email address for different users in my Exchange 2003 server running on Windows Server 2003. I would like to be able to do this by using AD group membership and Exchange recipient policies rules. I have browsed MS support.microsoft.com web site and found KB 317298 ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317298 )and also looked at www.msexchange.org . Both articles seem very straight forward. When I get to modifying the rule in "Recipient Policies" this is where I get lost. I have used adsiedit.msc to lookup my group which is called "Dogfood E...

Routing all mail through a spam appliance?
Currently we run one Exchange 2003 server with virus protection and spam filtering directly on the Exchange server. We are interested in getting a spam/virus appliance such as a Barracuda unit that will do all the filtering and then we can remove the software off the server. One issue we are having is we want to have that appliance filter all mail, both internal and external. Is there a way to route all mail (internal & external) through the appliance? If so is this an OK way to do it? Thank you! John I dont see anyway of filtering internal mail if the appliance is separate from ...

LARGE Function with subtotals
I have a list of the following accounts: Account Amount Red 1 Red 2 Subtotal Red 3 Blue 10 Subtotal Blue 10 Black 3 Black 1 Black 8 Subtotal Black 11 Yellow 15 Subtotal Yellow 15 Green 1 Green 1 Green Subtotal 2 I want to return the 3 highest *subtotal* values. If I just use LARGE then I'd get 15, 15, 11. Do I have to use an array? Any thoughts? JB -- hindsight ---------------------------------------...

can't use the from field to send mail from another mailbox
I installed the exchange roll up fix kbfix KB870540 per: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS05-021 Vulnerability in Exchange Server Could Allow Remote Code Execution (894549) and now when a user who has access to another mailbox and is currently using their own mailbox can't use the from field to send mail from the other mailbox. They receive an error message "you do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object". see the folder contact or your system administrator". The only workaround i found is to allow them send on behalf of, this allows th...

Double mail sent
I've a problem, my server has mdaemon and sometimes when (only with a specified mail address) I sent 2 messages..... I think that using webmail I don't have this mail but only using Outlook Express Can you help me? Thanks Nobody Can help me? You have missed out a lot of vital information, such as which version of MDaemon you are using and how it is configured to operate. Is the problem with Outlook Express sending to MDaemon or Internet explorer send to MDaemon WorldClient or with MDaemon sending to your ISP? The obvious place to look at is the "Lists&qu...

outlook deleting mail
outlook delets all mail when I exit the message. what is doing it? ...

Duplicate e-mails #3
I'm recieving 2 of the same e-mails each time one is recieved. Please help! Sometimes if you disconnect during a download of a pile of emails, the ISP server won't delete them and will resend them once you reconnect. If it happens all the time, are you sure you have it set up for the ISP to delete messages after they've been downloaded? Is is twice and only twice, or sometimes can it be three or four times? BTW, what version of Outlook and what OS? "CSG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03d401c3a1a7$306372a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >...

Disable company database in Intercompany distributions
We had been distributing A/P invoices to a company database that we will no longer be using. Is there any way to disable intercompany for that company so that it no longer appears in the intercompany lookup list? I tried removing the Due To and Due From accounts for that company but that didn't work. I was able to stop inactive data bases from showing up in the lookup list by deleting the relationship under Tools/Setup/System/Intercompany. Pull up the active database in the "originating company ID", then select the inactive database in the "destination company nam...

deleting mail on opening
outlook is deleting messages on opening and not sending to the deleted items folder how to fix ??? please and or how to restore to default settings ?? ty srirlee ...

Windows Mail
Within the past 48 hours I am unable to receive certain emails - specifically those with attachments or sent as part of a group. Contacted my isp provider - they claim it is not their issue. Error message received is : SMTP; 554 Transaction failed. Please provide any suggestions Thanks. -- southernice "southernice" <southernice@discussions.microsoft.com> 写入消息 news:5818A4C8-1C8E-46B9-B838-97464D356114@microsoft.com... > Within the past 48 hours I am unable to receive certain emails - > specifically > those with attachments or sent as part of...

After switching from Outlook to Windows LIve, Mail is blocked.
I have a pop email account through my internet provider Charter.net. After upgrading to windows 7, I switched from outlook express to Windows Live. Since then, I've noticed a dramatic reduction in the email I receive. Not just spam either. Recently i've noticed that billing warnings from Chase and Discover are not coming in, which has caused some issues. Somehow certain mail is being filtered, and i've looked at the security options and can't seem to find the issue. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks Do you have any antivirus or...

Prblem with highlight function within exel
When I load up exel XP I can not do anything within the application, as the mouse icon automatically highlights the fields. I have to shut down the application through the end task function. I have tried removing the software and reinstalling it however the problem persists Any help would greatly be appreciated Check out this page of David McRitchie: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ------------------------------...

Disabling Text Box Duplications in Brochure
I am using one of the brochure templates and everytime I change the top text box on the first page, it changes the text box on the third, fifth, etc. pages. Same with the second, fourth, and so on. How do I make this stop? It's making me crazy. I'm using Publisher 2002, if it matters. Thanks! Delete the text box on each page and replace it with one of your own creation. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "NewportCS" <NewportCS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96FD9E6C-6EFC-4BA6-B...

How to hide available web service function declares
How do you hide the available functions (and syntax) that are normally displayed when you browse to a webservice (e.g. httpx://xxx.com/CMgr.asmx)? If you go to that page you will see a list of the available functions and you can click on the function name to reveal the calling syntax. We need to remove this documentation for security reasons. We do not want other people to access the functions. We only want precompiled applications that know what functions are available and the required calling syntax. I tried a solution listed in an article at http://www.15seconds.com/issue/04060...

Mail Proxy for this folder cannot be found
Hi, I am experiencing an issue with our Exchange 2003 server. When i try to email enable a new public folder and view the properties i get the error message "The mail proxy for this folder can not be found. This may be due to replication delays." ID no: c1038a21 This is the only ever Exchange server the domain. Google that ID number. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Andy Wolsten" <AndyWolsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6E0C5BE-2BF4-4AF9-9257-C266064F4EEA@microsoft.com... > ...

routing internal mail from non-domain device
Hi all, Dumb config question. I've got an internal machine on my domain running the Windows 2000 SMTP service that I want to be able to route mail to recipients on my internal 2003 SP1 Exchange Server. When I send mail to my exchange account via the SMTP server from my desktop, it is delivered without issue. When our "scan to email" scanner tries to do the same thing, it is dumped in the Badmail directory on the SMTP server, and it logs the message: "Message delivery to the remote domain 'mydomain.com' failed for the following reason: The connection was dro...

e-mail messages with % sign in subject do not display on in Entourage
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange My Mac users do not see e-mail messages with the % sign in the subject in Entourage. If you view the message through OWA using Safari they display. The messages also display on the PC using Outlook or OWA. The junk e-mail options have been turned off in Entourage. On 3/15/10 10:26 AM, jgonya@officeformac.com wrote: > My Mac users do not see e-mail messages with the % sign in the > subject in Entourage. If you view the message through OWA using > Safari they display. The messag...

Moving mail profile between operating system instances
Hi All, I have a need to move all my email from one instance of win xp pro on my laptop to another instance on the same laptop... Alas, it looks to me from browsing there is no way to move the profile which contains all my email accounts, and I have quite a few. Has anyone found an easy way to do this or is it still not possible for 'free'? If not....then if there is a proven piece of software to do this, can anyone point it out? I am using office xp....on win xp pro sp2. Thanks Peter Have you tried the Office Save My Settings Wizard? See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/31297...

mail merge #9
I have several word documents merged to the same Excel spreadsheet. About 50% of the time that I open these word files I have to "re-link" them to the source file (I get the message word cannot find ....).The rest of the time the word file opens merged with the source file as it should be. What's up? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Jim P. The information in the following thread may help: http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=VA.00006d55.025af4ae%40speedy Jim P. wrote: > I have several word documents merged to the same Excel > spreadsheet. About ...

Is there any who can help in understanding the VLOOKUP function
I am trying to use VLookup function for my report generation. I have data of approx. 20000 rows. Start here: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html Regards Rowan Ajay wrote: > I am trying to use VLookup function for my report generation. > I have data of approx. 20000 rows. > ...

E-mailing from Excel
I am developing mailing lists and keeping them in Excel. I am also keeping e-mail addresses with the regular mail addresses. The question is--how can I e-mail multiple e- mail addresses contained on the Excel worksheet without doing one at a time (Control and click method which gets me just one). Any hints appreciated!! Try Ron de Bruin's excellent Sendmail Add-in. Should work for your purposes just fine. http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm tim Judy wrote: > I am developing mailing lists and keeping them in Excel. > I am also keeping e-mail addresses with the regular ...

Self mail only remain in outbox
Hi, If I mail myself, the mail resides in outbox and doesn't go even I hit send/receive. The send/receive status is complete. On May 18, 9:53=A0am, GJois <guru.j...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > If I mail myself, the mail resides in outbox and doesn't go even I hit > send/receive. The send/receive status is complete. Contd from previous.... My Outlook version is 2007 "GJois" <guru.jois@gmail.com> wrote in message news:70cdc513-1a5a-40a7-a6ca-8889d2c8993e@d2g2000pra.googlegroups.com... On May 18, 9:53 am, GJois <guru.j...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, ...

IMAP Rule prevents mail deletion

Adding Company logo as Mail disclaimer
Freinds CAn I achieve the above subject matter ,in exchange 2003 without any 3rd party software SO Only by using a visual basic event sink http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317327&Product=exch2003 "SP" <SP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B8977E0-59FF-43D7-BFDB-274D59F839A5@microsoft.com... > Freinds > > CAn I achieve the above subject matter ,in exchange 2003 without any 3rd > party software > > SO ...