Deleted Items NOT showing up in Deleted Items folder

I've been using Windows Mail for 18 months without any significant problems.
Now, when I delete an email from my "Inbox," it does NOT appear in my
"Deleted Items" folder.  It just seems to disappear.  I did read many of the
earlier posts and have tried the suggestions.  I've gone to
Tools>Options>Advanced>Maintenance - the "Empty messages from the Deleted
Items folder on exit" is NOT checked.  I've also gone to Current View "Show
all messages" - that's identified/checked.  Is there something else that I
can do?  I'd appreciate any suggestions.  This is the first time I've used
the Discussion Group, so I hope that I'm doing this correctly.

The "Show all messages" setting is on a per folder basis, so be
sure you have the Deleted Items folder open when you check that
setting.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Dot2DotBarb" <Dot2DotBarb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> I've been using Windows Mail for 18 months without any significant =
problems. =20
> Now, when I delete an email from my "Inbox," it does NOT appear in my=20
> "Deleted Items" folder.  It just seems to disappear.  I did read many =
of the=20
> earlier posts and have tried the suggestions.  I've gone to=20
> Tools>Options>Advanced>Maintenance - the "Empty messages from the =
Deleted=20
> Items folder on exit" is NOT checked.  I've also gone to Current View =
"Show=20
> all messages" - that's identified/checked.  Is there something else =
that I=20
> can do?  I'd appreciate any suggestions.  This is the first time I've =
used=20
> the Discussion Group, so I hope that I'm doing this correctly.
0
Gary
1/1/2010 2:46:16 AM
I did do that before I wrote the original message.  I was set correctly, so I
didn't have to change it.  Any other suggestions?  I'm at a loss and really
appreciate any help you can give me.

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

> The "Show all messages" setting is on a per folder basis, so be
> sure you have the Deleted Items folder open when you check that
> setting.

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>

> "Dot2DotBarb" <Dot2DotBarb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1EF7E7C1-A992-4D09-BABC-869A28645FB2@microsoft.com...
> > I've been using Windows Mail for 18 months without any significant problems.
> > Now, when I delete an email from my "Inbox," it does NOT appear in my
> > "Deleted Items" folder.  It just seems to disappear.  I did read many of the
> > earlier posts and have tried the suggestions.  I've gone to
> > Tools>Options>Advanced>Maintenance - the "Empty messages from the Deleted
> > Items folder on exit" is NOT checked.  I've also gone to Current View "Show
> > all messages" - that's identified/checked.  Is there something else that I
> > can do?  I'd appreciate any suggestions.  This is the first time I've used
> > the Discussion Group, so I hope that I'm doing this correctly.
> .

Follow up: After writing the last message I decided to change the View
setting to something that I didn't want and then went back to the "Show all
messages" setting.  It seems to work now!  Thank you, Gary!

"Dot2DotBarb" wrote:

> I did do that before I wrote the original message.  I was set correctly, so I
> didn't have to change it.  Any other suggestions?  I'm at a loss and really
> appreciate any help you can give me.
>
> "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:
>
> > The "Show all messages" setting is on a per folder basis, so be
> > sure you have the Deleted Items folder open when you check that
> > setting.
> >
> > --
> > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
> >

> > "Dot2DotBarb" <Dot2DotBarb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1EF7E7C1-A992-4D09-BABC-869A28645FB2@microsoft.com...
> > > I've been using Windows Mail for 18 months without any significant problems.
> > > Now, when I delete an email from my "Inbox," it does NOT appear in my
> > > "Deleted Items" folder.  It just seems to disappear.  I did read many of the
> > > earlier posts and have tried the suggestions.  I've gone to
> > > Tools>Options>Advanced>Maintenance - the "Empty messages from the Deleted
> > > Items folder on exit" is NOT checked.  I've also gone to Current View "Show
> > > all messages" - that's identified/checked.  Is there something else that I
> > > can do?  I'd appreciate any suggestions.  This is the first time I've used
> > > the Discussion Group, so I hope that I'm doing this correctly.
> > .

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Sometimes 'toggling' a
setting makes it take.

> Follow up: After writing the last message I decided to change the View =

> setting to something that I didn't want and then went back to the =
"Show all=20
> messages" setting.  It seems to work now!  Thank you, Gary!
>=20
> "Dot2DotBarb" wrote:
>=20
>> I did do that before I wrote the original message.  I was set =
correctly, so I=20
>> didn't have to change it.  Any other suggestions?  I'm at a loss and =
really=20
>> appreciate any help you can give me.
>>=20
>> "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:
>>=20
>> > The "Show all messages" setting is on a per folder basis, so be
>> > sure you have the Deleted Items folder open when you check that
>> > setting.
>> >=20
>> > --=20
>> > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>> >=20
>> >=20
>> > "Dot2DotBarb" <Dot2DotBarb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message news:1EF7E7C1-A992-4D09-BABC-869A28645FB2@microsoft.com...
Deleted=20
View "Show=20
I've used=20
>> > .

0
Gary
1/1/2010 5:38:38 PM
This is really for Gary VanderMolen.

I have exactly the same problem as Dot2DotBarb........the letters in my
deleted items folder suddenly disappeared. The folder still lists them
as being present (and how many read and unread in the properties
section)but they are not displayed. I tried everything suggested in this
thread but have had no luck. Is there something else I can do?
I installed some critical updates offered by Windows update in the last
few days. Perhaps these had something to do with the sudden onset of the
problem. Should I try a system restore?

Thanks for any help you can give.

--
tone

tone
3/11/2010 12:08:37 AM
Your problem is symptomatic of a corrupted message store.
Make sure you have installed Vista's SP1 and SP2 updates.
If the problem continues, try running the various repair functions in=20
the WMUtil program: http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil

If still no improvement, upgrade to Windows Live Mail:
http://download.live.com/wlmail=20

Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"tone" <tone.47mvs3@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message =
>=20
> This is really for Gary VanderMolen.
>=20
> I have exactly the same problem as Dot2DotBarb........the letters in =
my
> deleted items folder suddenly disappeared. The folder still lists them
> as being present (and how many read and unread in the properties
> section)but they are not displayed. I tried everything suggested in =
this
> thread but have had no luck. Is there something else I can do?
> I installed some critical updates offered by Windows update in the =
last
> few days. Perhaps these had something to do with the sudden onset of =
the
> problem. Should I try a system restore?
>=20
> Thanks for any help you can give.
>=20
> Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\);1629828 Wrote:=20
>> Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Sometimes 'toggling' a
>> setting makes it take.
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>>=20
>>=20
>> "Dot2DotBarb" <Dot2DotBarb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message
>> > Follow up: After writing the last message I decided to change the
>> View=20
>> > setting to something that I didn't want and then went back to the
>> "Show all=20
>> > messages" setting.  It seems to work now!  Thank you, Gary!
>> >=20
>> > "Dot2DotBarb" wrote:
>> >=20
>> correctly, so I=20
>> really=20
>> message news:1EF7E7C1-A992-4D09-BABC-869A28645FB2@microsoft.com...
>> significant problems. =20
>> in my=20
>> many of the=20
>> the Deleted=20
Current
>> View "Show=20
>> else that I=20
>> I've used=20
>> >> >
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> tone
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com

0
Gary
3/11/2010 1:51:07 AM
Thanks very much! The WMUtil program fixed it.
I wonder if you can help with another (not directly related ) problem.

I cannot install Vista service pack 2.
When attempting to do so I get a ERROR_HANDLE_EOF (0x80070026) code.
I performed all of the troubleshooting steps in Article ID 947366 (June
3, 2009 revision 3) How to Troubleshoot Windows Vista service pack
installation issues, without success.

I have also never been able to successfully install Microsoft .NET
Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update.
(KB951847) x 86, which has been offered by Windows Update (again and
again) since 2/22/2009.

Other than that I have accepted all offered updates until last week
when the mail problem began.

If you don't have the answers to these new questions perhaps you can
steer me to someone who does.

Thanks again.

--
tone

tone
3/16/2010 12:12:22 PM
Thank you very much! The WMUtil program fixed it.
I was unable to install service pack 2. Also have been consistently
unable to install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1 and Family
Update (kb951847) x86 since it was first offered by windows update in
2009. Prior to that the System Update Readiness Tool offered by windows
update also failed to install but Service Pack 1 installed successfully
(both on 10/6/2008.)
Any suggestions?
Thanks again.

'Gary VanderMolen [MVP Wrote:
> ;1660163']Your problem is symptomatic of a corrupted message store.
> Make sure you have installed Vista's SP1 and SP2 updates.
> If the problem continues, try running the various repair functions in
> the WMUtil program: 'WMUtil' (http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil)
>
> If still no improvement, upgrade to Windows Live Mail:
> 'Mail - Windows Live' (http://download.live.com/wlmail)

> Microsoft MVP Program: 'Microsoft Most Valuable Professional'
> (http://mvp.support.microsoft.com)

--
tone

tone
3/16/2010 1:40:59 PM
"tone" <tone.47x802@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Thank you very much! The WMUtil program fixed it.
> I was unable to install service pack 2. Also have been consistently
> unable to install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1 and Family
> Update (kb951847) x86 since it was first offered by windows update in
> 2009. Prior to that the System Update Readiness Tool offered by windows
> update also failed to install but Service Pack 1 installed successfully
> (both on 10/6/2008.)
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks again.

Try:

With those questions.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

mac
3/16/2010 3:00:39 PM
You're very welcome. Thanks for reporting back.=20

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"tone" <tone.47x802@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message =
>=20
> Thank you very much! The WMUtil program fixed it.
> I was unable to install service pack 2. Also have been consistently
> unable to install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1 and =
Family
> Update (kb951847) x86 since it was first offered by windows update in
> 2009. Prior to that the System Update Readiness Tool offered by =
windows
> update also failed to install but Service Pack 1 installed =
successfully
> (both on 10/6/2008.)
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks again.
>=20
> 'Gary VanderMolen [MVP Wrote:=20
>> ;1660163']Your problem is symptomatic of a corrupted message store.
>> Make sure you have installed Vista's SP1 and SP2 updates.
>> If the problem continues, try running the various repair functions in =

>> the WMUtil program: 'WMUtil' (http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil)
>>=20
>> If still no improvement, upgrade to Windows Live Mail:
>> 'Mail - Windows Live' (http://download.live.com/wlmail)=20
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP Program: 'Microsoft Most Valuable Professional'
>> (http://mvp.support.microsoft.com)
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> tone
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com

0
Gary
3/16/2010 10:08:06 PM
You're very welcome. Thanks for reporting back.=20

Sorry, my expertise mainly extends to mail issues.
Windows Update issues are covered elsewhere:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?d=
g=3Dmicrosoft.public.windowsupdate
or via your news reader: =

"tone" <tone.47yrk3@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message =
> [...]

in
>> my
>> > deleted items folder suddenly disappeared. The folder still lists
>> them
>> > as being present (and how many read and unread in the properties
>> > section)but they are not displayed. I tried everything suggested in
>> this
>> > thread but have had no luck. Is there something else I can do?
>> > I installed some critical updates offered by Windows update in the
>> last
>> > few days. Perhaps these had something to do with the sudden onset =
of
>> the
>> > problem. Should I try a system restore?
>> >=20
>> > Thanks for any help you can give.
>> >=20
>> > Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\);1629828 Wrote:=20

d]
>> and
>> be
>> that
>> >> >> >
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>> appear
>> read

>> from
>> Current
>> something
>> time
>> correctly.
>> >> >> >
>> >=20
>> >=20
>> > --=20
>> > tone
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> tone
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com

0
Gary

How do I get an item's rank?
Hi, Let's say I have 10 merchants selling the same product at different prices. How do I get a vendor's ranking? I'd be passing the stored procedure ProductID and VendorID. And the data comes from a table with three columns ProductID, VendorID, Price where the Price field is smallmoney. -- Thanks, Sam Something like With RankedVendors As (Select ProductID, VendorID, Price, Row_Number() Over (Order By Price) As Rank From <YourTable> Where ProductID = <product you are looking for>) Select ProductID, VendorID, Price, Rank From RankedVendors ...

How do I delete a text box from an Excel spreadsheet?
Rightclick on it and select cut If the textbox is from the control toolbox toolbar, you may have to click on the designmode icon first. Uncle Binky wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Why does workbook think deleted macro still exits?
I have deleted the macros in a workbook but each time I open it there is still a messge stating there are macros. How do I stop the message from appearing? Thanks Karen ...

Public Folders have disappeared
Unfortunately I have created a problem for myself. I was modifying the permissions for the public folders as follows: 1. Navigated to Administrative Groups > First Administrative Group > Folders; 2. Right-clicked on the Public Folder Tree and selected Properties; 3. Selected the Security tab; 4. Removed all groups from the security listing (excluding administrator), thinking this would stop users seeing the folders in Outlook; 5. Restarted the server; 6. Encountered the following problem: I now find that the public folders have disappeared from the Exchange system manager. However, ...

show header
this is such an obvious one but I can't find it -- how do you get the headers to show while you're viewing the page on the screen? Print preview works fine, but I need to have the headers show up when looking at it as a spreadsheet. Looked for "Print View" equivalent, but can't find it. You can't display the header or footer unless you use print preview. Excel doesn't have a Print View mode like Word does. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "jchoy" <anonymous@discussions.micro...

my case it online , it Show offline
When I open Messenger and put my case it online , it Show offline to my friends .. not online .. What to do! -- free9 http://webim.live.my/ What I did was sign in on that website as well as the regular windows live (if you have the newest windows live you can sign on in two places). So everyone could see me as online again, and I could use windows live as I normally do with the web messenger running in the background. I hope we get a solution soon. free9 wrote: my case it online , it Show offline 22-Mar-10 When I open Messenger and put my case it online , i...

SMTP and Sent Items
Hi all, I am confused in the following matter and want to get some opinion... Current our office have a Exchange 2003 SP2 server running and clients are running a mix of Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 on SMTP (and some on X.400 as well). When users from X.400 sends email from outlook client, the items do appear on their Exchange Mail box sent items (this is obvious), but when SMTP users sends their email, the email does not behave the same way. Here are the questions I have? 1. Is this normal? By that I mean I believed that both should have a copy in their exchange mail box, but doesn&...

Net Worth Report: Investment Account cash compenent as a separate line item
Is there a way to get MS Money to combine the cash account associated with an Investment account with the investment account. For investment accounts, 2 lines are unnecessarily reported in the Networth report such as below. I want only one amount reported. Account Name X $x Account Name X (cash) $Y Using Money 2004. Thx Probably not. Money really does think these are two accounts. You could always copy the report to Excel where you could make it say anything you want. "Bill Toupee" <billtupea@domain.com> wrote in message news:hmnXf.210000$H%4.1...

can't delete mailbox #2
I deleted a user account in AD but when I go to Exchange system manager I can't delete the mailbox. What is the deal? Wait until AD replicates then you'll be able to purge the mailboxes with the red Xs "Brandon Baker" <brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23fkHzmOMGHA.1180@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I deleted a user account in AD but when I go to Exchange system manager I >can't delete the mailbox. What is the deal? > Right click on Mailboxes in ESM and select Run Cleanup Agent. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange M...

Storage Folder 04-05-10
How do I unhide / create the storage folders? I have this folder on another computer that imported everything from Outlook Express it apparently was created automatically. I thought by using alt v that I could unhide the "storage folders" but could not find it. Thanks ...

How to recursively clear all the filters applied to a folder
Hello, In Outlook 2002 I would like to recursively clear all applied filters. I remember applying a filter to a folder but it seems Outlook applied the filters to all folders. Now the only solution I found to clear all filters is to clear them one by one by selecting View > Current View > Customize... > Filter... > Clear All. Isn't there a clear all feature for all views ? JM. You could reset all views to their defaults and delete all custom views = by starting Outlook with the /cleanviews switch. But there's no magic = method for keeping all view settings except the f...

Obtaining Path of the file/folder ?
Hi I have an mfc dialog based demo application. I wanted to add my application's entry in the Windows Explorer's context menu, which i m able to successfully by making some additions to the registry. Now whenever the user right clicks on some folder/file,the context menu displays my application's entry which gets executed when the user clicks on it. How can i obtain the path of the file/folder on which the user right clicked ? Waiting for suggestions Regards >I have an mfc dialog based demo application. >I wanted to add my application's entry in the Windows Expl...

Folder Context menu in Outlook
Hello, I have develop an Outlook COM Add-in with C#. This add-in use the Outlook Object Model and add a new menu in the Folder Context Menu command bar. The problem is when the current folder is for example "Inbox", and I click right on another folder, for example "MyFolder", I'm not able to retrieve the MAPIFolder of "MyFolder". Anybody have an idea? Thank you NotAMail ...

Purchasing Non Inventory Items
I need to know if anybody knows of a 3rd party provider that has built an add-on for Great Plains where you actually issue a receipt for non inventory items on a purchase order. We cannot just rely on using auto-invoice and throwing the PO in a batch to be posted. There has to be some acknowledgement that payables can see so when they get the invoice they know we have received the item. We are running GP 8.0 and very soon will be upgrading to 9.0 The Purchase Order module does allow you to create a receiving transaction for a non-inventoried item. If you don't want payables to re...

Unread search folder unavailable
Good Aftenoon, Could anybody help tell me why in Outlook 2007 on a Windows 7 machine I get the following error "The Operation Failed. An object could not be found." when clicking on the Unread Mail search folder and also why it is greyed out? This also happens for the Large Mail folder, but NOT the Categorized mail and For Follow-up Folders. Tom Can you create a new search folder with the same functions? See if this helps: http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/sf.html -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://...

Money 2007 add/delete Category
Is there a way to maintain my categories by viewing a list so easily add/delete categories? The Category maintenance in 2007 sucks.. I need to run through every single category just to delete one. Deluxe or Essential? If Deluxe, use the Account List More pull out, Categories & :Payees|Categories should show you all the categories at once and allow you to Move, Modify or Delete them as required. The pulldown at the top lets you see just Categories or Categories and Subcategories. "Vital" <Vital@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D4AAA91-6602-429E-915...

Discussion folders view
I can access an outlook folder at another school which has a "discussion" format. The current view for that folder is "TF Messages by Conversation"; several other TF Message views are also available for that folder. These views are not available for folders that I set up for my school. How do I make them available, or select them for my folders? Any help appreciated. E.V. ...

Create Outlook Folders on external drive
How can I create an Outlook Folder (.pst) on another hard drive leter. I want to free up hard drive space without removing emails. I can see how to archive to an external drive, but I want an active, accessible folder on an external drive and have it show up in the Personal Folders list in Outlook. I want to be able to move email from the Inbox to folders on the external drive and be able to view them "realtime" from that folder or folders. At work the IT guys do it on a network drive. We can read or move email to and from folders on the network drive. I want to do that wi...

Public Folder Replication of pdf Freedocs
We just upgraded on of our servers to Exchange 2003 and now pdf Freedocs will no longer replicate from a Exchange 2000 server (through Public Folders). Anyone run into this problem? All other freedocs we've tried (doc,xls, etc) have worked just fine. Specs: Windows 2000 SP4 plus all patches Exchange 2003 SP1 ...

Delete Failure.
When I try to delete any number of rows or columns from a worksheet, by using the Edit/Delete command, the MS trouble dialogue/report box comes up and Excel shuts down. The funny thing is that it only happens to one particular worksheet (out of 7) in the workbook and no other warnings come up. Can someone explain this, please? ******* BBB hi, sounds like some kind of coruption to the sheet. what it is, i can't say. try this. copy the problem sheet and paste it into a blank workbook. try the delete again. if it works i would go back and delete the sheet in the problem workbook and r...

Folders #3
What is the Bulk mail folder for ... ? Thanks in Adv ... On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:55:51 -0800, "ATL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What is the Bulk mail folder for ... ? > Bulk mail (spam) -- Rich Cervenka Chicago, Illinois, USA Email Client: Microsoft Outlook 2002 News Client (Text): Fort� Agent 1.93 www.forteinc.com News Client (Binaries): News Rover 9.1.2 www.newsrover.com ...

outlook 2003 folders cannot be opened server not available
i haved had office 2003 for a 2 weeks and suddenly it come up with a error " cannot start microsoft office outlook. unable to open the outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contant your administrator if thi condition persists" Can anybody plese help. I have tried to repair it and reinstall it. Under Control Panel->Mail Icon, what type of mail account(s) do you have installed? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal ac...

How 2 sort an autosum total list after adding items 2 autosum item
Am using detail dollar amount list to insert new transactions in the middle of a the detail list, and they in turn get included in the 'autosum' total calc which is located in another item total summary list in the same workbook. If we try to sort the autosum total summary list, the autosum totals seem to loose their connection with the detail autosum calc list. Is there anyway to keep this connection, ie be able to add items into the detail autosum calc lists, and then sort the autosum summary totals ? -- Thanks again for your help. akm (XPpro,SP-2,IE-7,Office2003...

How to keep the application even when show desktop is selected
Hi, I am developing an application which is a sort of reminder of your daily tasks. I want this application to remain on the top right corner of desktop even when "show desktop" is selected. However it gets minimised.........Any helps appreciated. Perhaps you want to consider "Active Channel Technology" and making your display part of the "Active Desktop"? In article <D580FA88-9C89-4D3F-AB9A-8374A9DE266B@microsoft.com>, Katiyar@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Hi, > I am developing an application which is a sort of reminder of your dail...