cant send email to certain accounts

I started having an issue sending emails to any .net account yesterday.  Here
is the error I keep getting.  I also can not get the Windows Mail help to
open up.  I click on it hit OK when the box pops up and nothing else happens.
 Thanks

The rejected e-mail address was 'cypr3ss@bellsouth.net		'. Subject 'Fw:
Psalm 55:22', Account: 'pop-server.tampabay.rr.com (1)', Server:
'smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 5.5.2
RCPT TO syntax error', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501, Error
Number: 0x800CCC79

Have you EVER been able to send email using those settings?

no1broncoga wrote:
> I started having an issue sending emails to any .net account yesterday.
> Here is the error I keep getting.  I also can not get the Windows Mail
> help
> to open up.  I click on it hit OK when the box pops up and nothing else
> happens. Thanks
>
> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
>
> The rejected e-mail address was 'cypr3ss@bellsouth.net '. Subject 'Fw:
> Psalm 55:22', Account: 'pop-server.tampabay.rr.com (1)', Server:
> 'smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 5.5.2
> RCPT TO syntax error', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501, Error
> Number: 0x800CCC79

0
PA
12/10/2009 11:59:52 PM
Answered earlier in the thread "can't send email".

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"no1broncoga" <no1broncoga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I started having an issue sending emails to any .net account yesterday. =
 Here=20
> is the error I keep getting.  I also can not get the Windows Mail help =
to=20
> open up.  I click on it hit OK when the box pops up and nothing else =
happens.=20
> Thanks
>=20
> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be =

> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this=20
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read =
the=20
> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help =
determining=20
> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service =
provider.
>=20
> The rejected e-mail address was 'cypr3ss@bellsouth.net '. Subject 'Fw: =

> Psalm 55:22', Account: 'pop-server.tampabay.rr.com (1)', Server:=20
> 'smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 =
5.5.2=20
> RCPT TO syntax error', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501, =
Error=20
> Number: 0x800CCC79
0
Gary
12/11/2009 1:29:30 AM
Yes...nothing has changed.  I have been using this account and sending to
this email address for over 4 months.  It seems like some kind of upgrade
caused a problem.  My husband uses Outlook express using the same domain and
sent to the same address using our wireless connection with no problem.  I
can't send using Windows mail.  I also spoke with the receiver and no issues
on her end with receiving or sending email.  It appears to be a Windows issue
since I can send to other domains.  The main problem appears to be anyone
with a .net domain.  I have tried sending to comcast.net, charter.net and
bellsouth.net and get the same error msg on all.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Have you EVER been able to send email using those settings?
>
> no1broncoga wrote:
> > I started having an issue sending emails to any .net account yesterday.
> > Here is the error I keep getting.  I also can not get the Windows Mail
> > help
> > to open up.  I click on it hit OK when the box pops up and nothing else
> > happens. Thanks
> >
> > The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> > correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> > problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> > "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> > the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
> >
> > The rejected e-mail address was 'cypr3ss@bellsouth.net '. Subject 'Fw:
> > Psalm 55:22', Account: 'pop-server.tampabay.rr.com (1)', Server:
> > 'smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 5.5.2
> > RCPT TO syntax error', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501, Error
> > Number: 0x800CCC79
>
> .

If you aren't doing it, then something else is adding that illegal space
character at the end of '.net'.=20
Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
Windows Mail after installing antivirus program updates.=20

> Yes...nothing has changed.  I have been using this account and sending =
to=20
> this email address for over 4 months.  It seems like some kind of =
upgrade=20
> caused a problem.  My husband uses Outlook express using the same =
domain and=20
> sent to the same address using our wireless connection with no =
problem.  I=20
> can't send using Windows mail.  I also spoke with the receiver and no =
issues=20
> on her end with receiving or sending email.  It appears to be a =
Windows issue=20
> since I can send to other domains.  The main problem appears to be =
anyone=20
> with a .net domain.  I have tried sending to comcast.net, charter.net =
and=20
> bellsouth.net and get the same error msg on all.
>=20
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>=20
>> Have you EVER been able to send email using those settings?
>>=20
>> no1broncoga wrote:
>> > I started having an issue sending emails to any .net account =
yesterday.
>> > Here is the error I keep getting.  I also can not get the Windows =
Mail=20
>> > help
>> > to open up.  I click on it hit OK when the box pops up and nothing =
else
>> > happens. Thanks
>> >
>> > The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not =
be
>> > correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving =
this
>> > problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and =
read the
>> > "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help =
determining
>> > the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service =
provider.

>> > The rejected e-mail address was 'cypr3ss@bellsouth.net '. Subject =
'Fw:
>> > Psalm 55:22', Account: 'pop-server.tampabay.rr.com (1)', Server:
>> > 'smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: =
'501 5.5.2
>> > RCPT TO syntax error', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: =
501, Error
>> > Number: 0x800CCC79=20
>>=20
>> .

0
Gary

accounts payable
Why would I not be able to generate a batch of payables under the purcahse-select payables checks, for a date range that I know is valid and there are checks to be paid??? I have not done anything different than I have done for the pas5 5 years in Great Plains?? Here's my quick random thoughts: Vendor or invoices on hold; credit memos/returns offsetting the invoices?; try selecting checks for same vendors without date ranges and see if the checks are selected; checks are already selected in another batch? >-----Original Message----- >Why would I not be able to generate a ba...

Email bounce back
Two people in our office sent email to a particular email address. The 1st senders email went through while the 2nd bounced with the following message: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: username@adelphia.net on 4/12/2007 11:56 AM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <servername.domain.com #5.5.0 smtp;502 Command is locally disabled> We are running an Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 with Static IP. The email was sent to a large ISP (residential) who probably r...

How to make an 'Investment' account a 'day-to-day' account?
Hello, I want to make 'investment' accounts part of my cash flow calculations, but Money only lets me do so called' day-to-day accounts (checking, savings, credit etc). It excludes all investments accounts. Can you please hell me How to make an 'Investment' account a 'day-to-day' account or any other way I can make Money take day-to-day accounts in its cash flow calculations? Regards, SNV I wanted to be a bit more specific. Money does consider 'Cash' portion of an 'investment' account a 'day-to-day' account. But I'd like Money ...

how can i have certain formulas come up in a specific color
i AM WORKING ON A STAFF SCHEDULE. TIMES ARE ENTER BY A FORMULA. I WOULD LIKE TO HIGHLIGHT CERTAIN FORMULAS TO COME UP IN A SPECIFC COLOR. It is considered VERY rude to shout by typing in all CAPS. It's also harder to read. Use format>conditional format>formula is> -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "TEDDY" <TEDDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4550FF41-498B-48A2-AB5C-10791F2D30E0@microsoft.com... > i AM WORKING ON A STAFF SCHEDULE. TIMES ARE ENTER BY A FORMULA. I WOULD LIKE > TO HIGHLIGHT CERTAIN FORMULAS TO COME UP IN A S...

Send/Receive Button Missing
I han an Exchange account that wasn't working so I deleted it. Then I setup a POP3 account to download my e-mail. But there is no send and receive button. I tried repairing Outlook and re-installing Outlook, but it's still gone. Any ideas? I'm using Outlook 2003. Thanks, Mike Mike Lambert <mikel@mpmonline.com> wrote: > I han an Exchange account that wasn't working so I deleted it. Then I > setup a POP3 account to download my e-mail. But there is no > send and receive button. I tried repairing Outlook and re-installing > Outlook, but it&...

email as pdf print area excel 2007
I've found a flaw in excel 2007. when I filter a column in excel; I can then set the print area and launch a print preview to see the selected area of data. If I choose to send & email as a pdf instead; the same print area suddenly turns into many pages because the capture ignores my filtered area. Technically speaking; both outputs shoud get you the same data. I cannot replicate this behaviour in 2007 Saveas>PDF gives me only the filtered list. I don't know what to suggest but i don't think it's a bug in Excel. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On F...

Importing emails
I am using outlook express to import e-mails from outlook. When I open the importer, I get a "messages cannot be imported from MAPI client an error has ocurred" error. any help would be appreciated. Thanks, John ...

POP Server Email Read Flag?
Is there any kind of flag set on an email msg stored on a POP3 server that indicates whether or not the msg has been "read"? i.e.: if that msg is accessed (but left on the server) via a client such as webmail, zerofootprint text only email client, or even via Telnet, will I be able to determine later that it has been "read" (opened but still on the server)? Is seems that anyone with the appropriate account info would be able to access a msg. Is there a way to determine if that has been done? I'm not aware of a POP3 client that does this, but I can tell you th...

Money Plus locks up when balancing accounts
When I balance savings account, the interest earned field, where you enter the date, beginning balance and ending balance, is grayed out. When I clear an interest transaction, or when I finally get the account to balance and click next, the program locks up. curtins4u <curtins4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I balance savings account, the interest earned field, where you enter >the date, beginning balance and ending balance, is grayed out. When I clear >an interest transaction, or when I finally get the account to balance and >click next, the program locks u...

Block emails sent from postmaster when we have no postmaster accou
We are running Exchange 2003 Advanced Server. How can I block all emails being sent by postmaster@ourdomain.com when we don't even have a postmaster account. In viewing the queues we have several emails being sent out by postmaster@ourdomain.com even though we don't have a postmaster account, when I find the messages in the queues in question and do a property on the message the sender is postmaster@ourodamin.com. Also is there a way to select all the queues we want deleted and delete them or do you need to find the messages in each queue and delete them that way? Thanks in ad...

accounts rec. list
in msm2005 small business delux, on the accounts receivable/invoice list, is there a way to display the invoice description? even if it just a partial display? our client now does not reference their payments to our invoice #, they use their purchase order number which we put in the description field on the invoice. ...

Money Keeps Downloading Full Account History
I have archived all my Money Data prior to 1/1/2008 into an old file. However, Money keeps populating my Account Registers (only for certain accounts and only once in a while) with the full history from the account. For example, right now, I have 527 transactions to review with 500 or so being from before 1/1/2008. Is there a setting I have set incorrectly? Is there something wrong? Any way I can fix this? Brad The basic problem is that you have archived! If not too far down the track I suggest that you revert to using the archived file, which is just a copy of your .mny at t...

Delete spam email containing certain words
I have a general distribution group email account (info@xxx.org) that have 4 people in this group. Lately we have been getting a lot of spam email to this account and it is not to info@xxx.org. We get mail from a@x.com to b@x.com but info@xxx.org is getting the email. In our email server queue list (Connection, Internet Mail Service), I see outgoing email from a@x.com <>. I see a lot of outgoing emails with <>, but no ip address. How can I automatically delete those "junk" emails containin certain words from email server 5.5, windows 2000 server? "=?Utf-8?B?S...

Is it possible to email several contacts to one email address?
I am the contact person for my agency's Board of Directors. There are 20 Board Members and I have each individual's contact information saved as separate entries in Outlook Contacts. I want to know if there's a way I can send all twenty to one email address so that the recipient can export them to his Outlook Contacts. Normally one would create an Outlook data file (PST file) to send that much information to another Outlook user. You'll need to set permissions correctly to transfer a PST file over the Internet. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.asp ...

how do i sent an email message with two documents attached?
I'm trying to send an email message with two Word document attachments. All I've found in the help section is how to email from the document itself. I want to add mulitiple documents as attachments to the same message - How? Save both documents. Create a new mail message. Use the Insert | File = command in the message to insert each document.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Deleted Text in Emails
When sending emails to back and forth to Japan. Outlook will start to replace previous text with little boxes. Can any one help me out? ...

Convert to mail-enabled account
Can someone point me to docs detailing how to convert an existing login account (not mai enabled) to a mail-enabled, or mailbox-enabled account usinf LDIFDE? I need to do a lot of these, and want to do it in bulk. I'm running Exchange 2003, on Windows 2003. Thank you. Ed I'm not sure that you can use LDIFDE to mail-enable a user. Then again, I haven't tried it before. However, you *can* select multiple users within ADUC and right-click, choose Exchange Tasks, then choose create mailbox. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Ed" <ed.jackson@americantowe...

How do i setup e.mail account in office 2003?
just bought ms office 2003 (home edit), it includes outlook 2003. For some reason the programme won't send or recieve. Can anyone give me step by step instructoin on how to set the damn thing up! Steve. did you create a profile with your account information? if so, did you press the send/receive button? if so, do you get any errors? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/new_profile.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/...

monthly cash flow
I can I, or is it possible, to consider an account transfer as an expense that shows up in a monthly cash flow report? smokii You could remove the destination account from the report, then it might appear to be an expense. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "smokiibear" <HHDTNZONPAKN@spammotel.com> wrote in message news:Xns962AC84FE9BD9smokiibea...

Sending messages in Outlook

Outlook opens multiple emails
Hi guys and gals, I need help!! am running Vista and Office2007 and Sometimes, about once every 2 days, after functioning normally, selection of text and emails "sticks." For example, say I have an email selected in the inbox view, and I want to select a different email. When I click on a different email, the previous one and several around it are also selected, as if I had used the shift key to select multiple emails. When this happens, I can't get it to work normally and have to re-boot. I have a Logitech wireless mouse, but it doesn't seem to be a mouse problem. ...

how can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer
How can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer? I've just started using my new Compaq Presario 3000 laptop running XP Home. Each time that try to send a file by right clicking on it and selecting Mail Reciepient the mail is sent via Outlook Express and not Outlook. THis is a problem for me as I do niot use Outlook Express for anything but Newsgroup reading. The other problem is that I want a record of having sent the file in my Outlook Sent Mail folder. On my old computer the files went through Outlook and not Outlook Express I've checked th...

email from CRM questions
Whenever I send an e-mail from CRM, the recipient, instead of reading my full name as sender (as it is stated in AD, and as it is shown whenever I send an e-mail from Outlook), he reads my full e-mail address (myname@company.gr). How can I change this and send with my full AD name? Does this happen to you? Is there a way to add a header in every HTML e-mail that CRM sends? I need this in order to send correctly Greek e-mails, since I need to add the codepage in the beginning of every HTML e-mail. To make it easier for you, is there a way to add let's say a disclaimer in Microsoft CRM? If...

Email not delivered
I am trying to get a small small software company launched and cannot get past problems with our new Exchange install on SBS. We have an SBS admin who is perplexed by this. (I am not a developer.) Several developers choose not receive their email at their exchange account on our server. They use other ISPs. If someone in our domain emails them, the email is supposed to be sent to their remote address. That remote address is set as primary under their account properties. "Automatically update email based on policy" is also unchecked." Despite this, the emails to some...

account registure listing order
How do I change the listing in the account registure from the oldes transaction first to the newest transacton first -- Poor old fart Depending on version, click on the header "Date" in the register. Or, pull down the View pull down, select the Sort by pull out and go from there. "tomkatlee" <tomkatlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E32E013C-2063-41E2-B365-75480E5DCA6E@microsoft.com... > How do I change the listing in the account registure from the oldes > transaction first to the newest transacton first ...