cant send email 01-01-10

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: ', Account:
'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E         I have
reeived email for a year with no problem but am now getting this message.
Thanks for any help.

"Joydow" wrote:

> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: ', Account:
> 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
> Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E         I have
> reeived email for a year with no problem but am now getting this message.
> Thanks for any help.
See
http://customer.comcast.com/(X(1)S(np2agu45wj3chzbvpybwpqmf))/Pages/FAQViewer.aspx?guid=5be34cb1-b190-4fc1-beaa-818778a54aed&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Then call Comcast & give 'em a piece of your mind for not telling you about
this change.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

Joydow wrote:
> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: ', Account:
> 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
> Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E         I
> have reeived email for a year with no problem but am now getting this
> message. Thanks for any help.

0
PA
1/1/2010 10:38:52 PM
Thank you I changed the port and I am now able to send emails This step by
step instuction was the only way I would have been able to do it.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> See
> http://customer.comcast.com/(X(1)S(np2agu45wj3chzbvpybwpqmf))/Pages/FAQViewer.aspx?guid=5be34cb1-b190-4fc1-beaa-818778a54aed&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
>
> Then call Comcast & give 'em a piece of your mind for not telling you about
> this change.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>

> Joydow wrote:
> > The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: ', Account:
> > 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
> > Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E         I
> > have reeived email for a year with no problem but am now getting this
> > message. Thanks for any help.
>
> .

"Learn How To Quickly Build At Least $40,000 Worth Of Home Equity And Pay Your Mortgage Off In 10 Years Or Less"
-Without Making Biweekly Mortgage Payments- Or Changing Your Current Mortgage. Dear Homeowner, Did you know it's possible to build a minimum of $40,000 in home equity, and pay your mortgage off in 10 years or less without making biweekly mortgage payments? Fortunately, for you as a homeowner this is entirely possible. http://sportsbiz.hhfreport.hop.clickbank.net ...

Duplicate email messages
I am receiving 2 copies of each email message in WLM downloaded from gmail. Any suggestions as to how to stop the duplication? -- Jean Have you set up the account twice in Tools - Accounts, perhaps one account is an alias for the same mailbox . . . . . "Jean" <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F09793AD-CA57-440F-AA60-F3C165A86137@microsoft.com... > I am receiving 2 copies of each email message in WLM downloaded from > gmail. > Any suggestions as to how to stop the duplication? > -- > Jean Is your account set up as ...

Confirmation Email
Hi all, I want to be able to send out shipment confirmation emails at the end of the day, based on a query that populates with the records that meet some specified criteria. Any record that shows in this query result set will need to have an email sent to the customer on record. I am having the hardest time locating some code snipets that I could experiment with. How would I be able to have it go through each record and send an email? Any help, guidance, or code would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! -gary Try something like Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenR...

Exporting email with atachment to text file
I would lke to have a backup of all my email in a pure text form. Many years ago I used Netscape email, and the entire mail file was pur text; attachments followed the message and were encoded in base64. I could always retrieve my email (with a little effort) by cuting and pasting, and using uuencode to retrieve the binary form of the attachment. Is there any way to do this in Outlook? I have recently encountered difficulties with different versions of Outook at home and work, so would like to avoid problems like this in the future by having a purely text email file. TIA <dtshedd@yah...

Unable to change email password
Hello: Here is my problem, I tried to change my email password by choosing Outlook login screen "Change Password" button, but received an error message "Your Windows password could not be changed, Please check the information and try again.". I have upgraded our Exchange system from 2000 to 2003 SP1 about six months ago, and never had that problem while at Exchange 2000, here is our setup - 1. Client - Outlook 2002 SP3 2. Server - Exchange 2003 server (Windows 2003 SP1) and Active Directory server (Still on Windows 2000 SP4). 3. We have Novell servers, so each works...

Moving Emails to Folders
Though I encountered no problems over many months, in the last several I have run into a huge issue in moving certain emails from my "in" and "sent" boxes to my achive folders. These emails all either originate from China or have a Chinese originated reply in the email string. The individuals with whom I'm corresponding in China are from major corporations and, in one case, the person is an employee on my corporate email system. The symptoms are as follows. When I try to drag the email to the folder, the hourglass appears, as if it is trying to complete the transfer. A...

send and receive wiht VPN connexion
Hello, I use Outlook in disconnected mode all the time. I have set up Outlook to start a VPN connexion automatically. Then when I press the "send & receive" button here what happen each time. 1- The VPN start automatically. 2- Outlook tries to synchronize while the connexion is done 3- Outlook starts to synchronize when the connexion is establish 4- The VPN close 3 or 5 seconds after the connexion has been established 5- Outlook gives me a send and receives error. (Of course the VPN get close before the end of the sync) This was working fine with W2K and Out...

Warn me when other applications try to send email as me
Is there a setting in Outlook2002 that can be disabled like in Outlook Express? In Outlook Express all you have to do is disable the check box that states... "Warn me when other applications try to send email as me" In Outlook 2002 my custom mass email program stops. ...

merging worksheet by email
How does one execute merging a worksheet with someone by email? If the emailer has the exact same headers and emails the worksheet, how can I merge the list of names and addresses into my sheet alphabetically? Is this possible to do? TIA Bob Bob, Open both, copy the new data from the emailed worksheet, paste it at the bottom of your worksheet, then select the entire range and sort based on the appropriate key(s). HTH, Bernie "bb" <bb@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:3sklb.529$wc3.283@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... > How does one execute merging a worksheet...

Email with attached email in shared mailbox
I have a user that is unable to open attached Outlook email message in a shared mailbox more than once without closing out & reopening Outlook. She is using Outlook 2003 SP3 (11.8206.8202) under Windows XP SP2. The user is able to open a message and open any attached email messages once without any problems. However, if she closes the attached email message and attempts to reopen it, she immediately receives 'Operation Failed'. If she copies the message with the attached messages to her main Outlook mailbox, she can open the attached messages as many times as she wis...

Send-as an Email alias [SBS2003PremiumR2]
Hello I add an SMTP email address to my SBS mailbox called sales@myplace.com and they appear in my Inbox. OK. Now I want to send emails from sales@myplace.com. How do I do that? Someone suggested I create a mail enabled public folder and then "Send-As" from the Public Folder. Is that right? Is there a procedure? Google or Bing (goobing) is your friend: "how to send as a different user from exchange" -Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit. -Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Hello > > I add an SM...

Async error
I'm not sure exactly when this has happened. When I 'Test Access' I get 503 errors. I restarted the Async service and noticed the below error in the event log. I noticed a similar issue at; http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/48a444a5e2ce116b I did not import the organisation, nor update the async table manually. I ran the script on the database and it returned 31,874 records. Im not quite sure what that means though. Any help greatly appreciated. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMAsyncService Event Category: None Event ID: ...

Deleted emails #5
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to retrieve deleted emails in Outlook? They were deleted from the deleted items folder about 2 hours ago :(. Sadly we are not using exchange. Thanks. http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm should help. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Scotch Monster %*} asked: | Hi there, | I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to retriev...

Outlook 2003 stop receiving email
I have a client who is using MS Outlook 2003, and as of yesterday she can no longer receive email, she can send but nothing comes in. We use OWA and we see all her email that should be coming in but isn't. Any ideas why or how can I check the SMTP/POP3 ports to make sure they are 25 and 110? Thanks, ...

Why do margins change when a file is emailed?
I am setting up monthly transaction worksheets for a client and then emailing them for her to print out. When she opens the email attachment and checks the print preview the top and bottom margins are not the same as what I set them at. Is there a way to correct this? T, I haven't seen this occur myself, but it may come from the use of different screen resolutions or different printers. Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "TKuppan" <TKuppan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:813CA78F-ED25-400B-8F95-56DAE4C3E975@microsoft.com I am setting up monthly transact...

Retrieve emails/addresses Help
I recently removed Windows XP and went back to Windows ME. Upon doing so I mistakingly lost all the emails and address updates made in Outlook Express made since I changed from Windows ME to XP (3 mths). Any ideas on how to retrieve those lost emails and addresses in Outlook Express? To go from XP to Me, you had to re-install the OS, which more than likely wiped out everything. Ray at work "phil horan" <philhoran@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:03ba01c3610e$904b3470$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I recently removed Windows XP and went back to Windows ME. > Upon doing so ...

Emails Disappear from Outlook 2003
1 week old emails in the Inbox disappear by itself. I can't locate the emails using the Advanced Find feature. It seemed like the emails have been deleted permanently. Current computer is: Windows XP Pro SP2, Outlook 2003, Microsoft Exchange Server set up. I checked the delivery mailbox locations and it is set up to the server for only one location. No rules set up on this computer. As researching for this topic, I already checked on the setting on View -> Arrange By -> Current View -> Message. No filter rules have been applied. The missing emails are not in the Archieved...

cap on sending limit
Exchange e2k3 sp2 - one of our users had an unlimited mailbox, and before we knew it grew to 3 gig. So the boss said cap it to prohibit sending at 3.5 gig. When I tried that I got an error that the prohibit send value had to be from 0-2097151. Is there anyway around this? We can't keep him at unlimited or it will go sky high, I just can't believe MS puts a cap on storage limits??? TIA. Nancy Stevens NStevens@tycoint.com sorry - wron group - reposting "Nancy Stevens" <nstevens@tycoint.com> wrote in message news:uMTZLoxxHHA.4736@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... ...

Outlook password #10
Hi All, The password you give to an Outlook pst file, is it saved in het file himself ? And how can I find it when I am using an hexplorer ? Greetz Migu´┐Żl Yep, and that is the beauty; you can't find it with a HEX editor. Just curious; why do you want to know? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Miguel" <d-force@pandora.be> wrote in message news:OnyssNUeEHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > The password you g...

How do you paste images into email NOT as an attachment?
Hi. I'm using Outlook 2000 and wondering how you can copy and paste an image into an email body WITHOUT it automatically making it into an attachment. I'm able to do this with Netscape, so I wanted to find out how to do it with Outlook. It's basically embedding the image directly to the body of the email (like an HTML based email) so it comes up automatically and is not an attached file. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Click on the image, select "Select All" from the Edit menu - then copy and paste the image into your Outlook message - this does not work with p...

how do i stop an account from downloading emails, when using Outlook (not OE)
in OE you can stop email from being downloaded from an account, how is this done in Outlook? thanks Jason I want to prevent it from getting, but allow me to send them with that account, so deleting the account is not what I need to do, in outlook express, there was an option to stop downloading from this account, where is it on Outlook. thanks Jason "Jasonc" <NoEmail.com> wrote in message news:OH4Daan9DHA.1052@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > in OE you can stop email from being downloaded from an account, how is this > done in Outlook? > > thanks > > Jas...

How do I send a fax to multiple receipients through outlook?
I am trying to send a letter to multiple different sites using outlook and our fax machine, not using efax services. Outlook can't talk to a standalone fax machine. You could perform a mail = merge in Word and print out different personalized letters and then fax = them manually. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Jones" <Jones@d...

Attaching a folder not a file to email
Hi folks, Is this possible in Outlook (any version). Thanks, Danny Not unless you "zip" or compress the entire folder and it's contents... then you can email the .zip file. "Danny J" <danny.jurmann@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23yO$0C%231EHA.1564@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi folks, > > Is this possible in Outlook (any version). > > Thanks, > > Danny > > Thanks :-) "CVT Trainer" <training_user15@cvt.com> wrote in message news:OcyGXF%231EHA.3816@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Not unless you "zip&q...

PLEASE HELP 05-17-10
Ok I am trying to make the document where if I enter "a" in one cell, the cell next to it will auto populate a given value that I define. Please let me know how I can do this!!! Thanks!!! If you have a table of values somewhere which determines what "a" is equivalent to, then you could use a VLOOKUP formula in the next cell. Hope this helps. Pete On May 17, 10:14=A0pm, sagenichole <sagenich...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Ok I am trying to make the document where if I enter "a" in one cell, the > cell next to it will auto p...

Help I can receive but not send
Hi, I've been trying to sort out my email for days and, having managed to send once, I just can't seem to make it happen anymore. I get the following message : Task 'mail.uniquecharm.co.uk - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: ?30 authentication required - "Your email could not be sent. To fix this you must make a simple change to your email (known as SMTP authentication). For advice visit www.btyahoo.com/smtp"' ...