Cannot open Windows mail 02-28-10

I have been running IE8 vista on my  Dell xps 630i using CA anti virus, the
problem is every now and again when i click on the Windows mail icon i get a
message telling me that there is another instance of mail running shut it
down and reboot, I have done this I also have done the clean boot but it
keeps happening, any suggestions?

It is not a Windows Mail problem. You need to figure out what program is
doing that to it

"pcjones" <pcjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been running IE8 vista on my  Dell xps 630i using CA anti virus, the
> problem is every now and again when i click on the Windows mail icon i get
> message telling me that there is another instance of mail running shut it
> down and reboot, I have done this I also have done the clean boot but it
> keeps happening, any suggestions?

0
Sam
2/28/2010 2:37:48 AM
I reinstalled vista to try and get rid of the problem and didnt load
anyprograms back on my computer except windows updates and office enterprise
2007 im wondering if i uninstall the enterprise if that might do the trick,
thanks for the info

"Sam Hobbs" wrote:

> It is not a Windows Mail problem. You need to figure out what program is
> doing that to it
>

> "pcjones" <pcjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have been running IE8 vista on my  Dell xps 630i using CA anti virus, the
> > problem is every now and again when i click on the Windows mail icon i get
> > message telling me that there is another instance of mail running shut it
> > down and reboot, I have done this I also have done the clean boot but it
> > keeps happening, any suggestions?
>
> .

Someone else had a similar problems a few months ago but I was not sure if
that is relevant to you. I realize now it is relevant to you because no one
in this newsgroup has been able to determine what the other program is. So
you could ask in some other forum or newsgroup how to determine what other
program is keeping Windows Mail open. I don't know and apparently no one in
this group can help.

>I reinstalled vista to try and get rid of the problem and didnt load
> anyprograms back on my computer except windows updates and office
> enterprise
> 2007 im wondering if i uninstall the enterprise if that might do the
> trick,
> thanks for the info
>
> "Sam Hobbs" wrote:
>
>> It is not a Windows Mail problem. You need to figure out what program is
>> doing that to it
>>

>> "pcjones" <pcjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have been running IE8 vista on my  Dell xps 630i using CA anti virus,
>> >the
>> > problem is every now and again when i click on the Windows mail icon i
>> > get
>> > message telling me that there is another instance of mail running shut
>> > it
>> > down and reboot, I have done this I also have done the clean boot but
>> > it
>> > keeps happening, any suggestions?
>>
>> .

0
Sam
3/1/2010 4:34:17 AM
Did you have an antivirus installed when you tested Windows Mail after
reinstalling Vista? If no, I doubt that Office would cause this problem.

I suggest you try Windows Live Mail to see if it has the same problem:

http://download.live.com/wlmail=20

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"pcjones" <pcjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I reinstalled vista to try and get rid of the problem and didnt load=20
> anyprograms back on my computer except windows updates and office =
enterprise=20
> 2007 im wondering if i uninstall the enterprise if that might do the =
trick,=20
> thanks for the info=20
>=20
> "Sam Hobbs" wrote:
>=20
>> It is not a Windows Mail problem. You need to figure out what program =
is=20
>> doing that to it
>>=20
>>=20
>> "pcjones" <pcjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
>> >I have been running IE8 vista on my  Dell xps 630i using CA anti =
virus, the
>> > problem is every now and again when i click on the Windows mail =
icon i get=20
>> > message telling me that there is another instance of mail running =
shut it
>> > down and reboot, I have done this I also have done the clean boot =
but it
>> > keeps happening, any suggestions?=20
>>=20
>> .

0
Gary
3/1/2010 5:16:37 AM
I installed the antivirus after i Reinstalled vista, but I had the problem
before i reinstalled as well I just lived with it I kept on opening up the
task manager and shutting down mail, it was anoying but now Im fed up with
it, so I will try the link you gave me and hope that does the trick, I went
thru every help on microsoft help so im sure there is something simple i have
just missed thanks for your help

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> Did you have an antivirus installed when you tested Windows Mail after
> reinstalling Vista? If no, I doubt that Office would cause this problem.
>
> I suggest you try Windows Live Mail to see if it has the same problem:
>
> http://download.live.com/wlmail

> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "pcjones" <pcjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B946CE05-ED73-4889-AFA0-C18F3524906B@microsoft.com...
> >I reinstalled vista to try and get rid of the problem and didnt load
> > anyprograms back on my computer except windows updates and office enterprise
> > 2007 im wondering if i uninstall the enterprise if that might do the trick,
> > thanks for the info
> >
> > "Sam Hobbs" wrote:
> >
> >> It is not a Windows Mail problem. You need to figure out what program is
> >> doing that to it
> >>

> >> "pcjones" <pcjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> .
> >>
> .

I hope switching to Windows Live Mail does the trick for you.

>I installed the antivirus after i Reinstalled vista, but I had the =
problem=20
> before i reinstalled as well I just lived with it I kept on opening up =
the=20
> task manager and shutting down mail, it was anoying but now Im fed up =
with=20
> it, so I will try the link you gave me and hope that does the trick, I =
went=20
> thru every help on microsoft help so im sure there is something simple =
i have=20
> just missed thanks for your help
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>=20
>> Did you have an antivirus installed when you tested Windows Mail =
after
>> reinstalling Vista? If no, I doubt that Office would cause this =
problem.
>>=20
>> I suggest you try Windows Live Mail to see if it has the same =
problem:
>>=20
>> http://download.live.com/wlmail=20
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>=20
>>=20
>> "pcjones" <pcjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>> >I reinstalled vista to try and get rid of the problem and didnt load =

>> > anyprograms back on my computer except windows updates and office =
enterprise=20
>> > 2007 im wondering if i uninstall the enterprise if that might do =
the trick,=20
>> > thanks for the info=20
>> >=20
>> > "Sam Hobbs" wrote:
>> >=20
>> >>
>> .

0
Gary
3/2/2010 2:33:35 AM
I cannot open emails with .pps attachments. I get a message saying Windows
does not support that program.
What must I do to recieve .pps attachments??
Lloyd
tarboo@centurytel.net

0
tarboo
3/7/2010 2:27:09 AM
Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Windows Mail in Windows
Vista:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/149/1/Unable-to-open-PPS-attachments-directly-from-Windows-Mail-in-Windows-Vista.html
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"tarboo" <tarboo@centurytel.net> wrote in message
>I cannot open emails with .pps attachments. I get a message saying
>Windows does not support that program.
> What must I do to recieve .pps attachments??
> Lloyd
> tarboo@centurytel.net

0
Bruce
3/7/2010 2:37:23 AM
In addition to what Bruce wrote, make sure you can open saved PPS
documents outside of Windows Mail. If you can't, you need to install
PowerPoint or the free PowerPoint Viewer.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"tarboo" <tarboo@centurytel.net> wrote in message =
>I cannot open emails with .pps attachments. I get a message saying =
Windows=20
> does not support that program.
> What must I do to recieve .pps attachments??
> Lloyd
> tarboo@centurytel.net=20

0
Gary
3/7/2010 7:06:54 AM
okay i have socket error 10060 ox800cccoe can anybody help

"tarboo" <tarboo@centurytel.net> wrote in message
>I cannot open emails with .pps attachments. I get a message saying Windows
>does not support that program.
> What must I do to recieve .pps attachments??
> Lloyd
> tarboo@centurytel.net

0
duke6024
3/7/2010 3:59:08 PM
Can you start your own new thread instead of hijacking this one please?
And then copy/paste the entire error message into the post.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"duke6024" <duke6024@gmail.com> wrote in message
> okay i have socket error 10060 ox800cccoe can anybody help
>
> "tarboo" <tarboo@centurytel.net> wrote in message
>>I cannot open emails with .pps attachments. I get a message saying
>>Windows does not support that program.
>> What must I do to recieve .pps attachments??
>> Lloyd
>> tarboo@centurytel.net

0
Bruce
3/7/2010 4:36:18 PM
"pcjones" wrote:

> I have been running IE8 vista on my  Dell xps 630i using CA anti virus, the
> problem is every now and again when i click on the Windows mail icon i get a
> message telling me that there is another instance of mail running shut it
> down and reboot, I have done this I also have done the clean boot but it
> keeps happening, any suggestions?

I have problems opening emails _ (previously no problem - but since I have
reimaged  my laptop.  One user sending emails, their emails cannot be opened
and I get an error message • Your digital id cannot be found in the
underlying security system. 	  Does anybody think I need to import the users
public key?

Opening Outlook notes in Word
I used to use my Palm software to crease "Memos." Now that I am synching my Treo with Outlook my memos are now "Notes." Problem is, now I can't view and edit my notes in MSWord. How can I convert an individual Outlook note into a Word document? It was simple with Palm: just drag it to the Word button. Please help! Copy and paste the the text into Word and then copy it back again when done editing. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- &quo...

PWA site not opening in MSPS 2010
Hi i have installed MSPS 2010 with MOSS 2010. The setup was sucessful and even Sharepoint configuration was sucessful and created a PWA site also. But i am facing an issue with the site as i am not able to open the site. Also, since when the PWA site is created, the IIS default website is also giving HTTP 500 error. I am getting this error whenever i am accessing the PWA site: "This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including: ?Internet connectivity has been lost. ?The website is temporarily unavailable. ?The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable. ?The Domai...

how to get top most *visible* window?
Hi, How can I get top most window in Z order on the system which is visible only ? My application shows a top most window. Here is my code to get top most window where I used GetWindow function to get top most window relative to my window hMyTopMostWindow. HWND hSystemTopMostWindow = GetWindow(hMyTopMostWindow, GW_HWNDFIRST); while (!IsWindowVisible(hSystemTopMostWindow)) { hSystemTopMostWindow = GetWindow(hSystemTopMostWindow, GW_HWNDNEXT); } Using above code serves my purpose but not feasible to use it when I am using it in iterative calls. Is thers any window function that does same thi...

Mail Merge with Attachements
Hello, I am currently trying to utilize the attached process to create a mail merge out of MS word with attachments. http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/MergeWithAttachments.htm I was able to finally get past the Outlook Object Library problem discussed here and the macro asks me for the table with e-mails and attachments, however, I do not receive an email warning message and after a few seconds the screens comes up with a text box that states: Microsfot Word 0 Messages have been sent. On the Directory (titled dir1) I have a table with three rows and two columns Column one:...

Open a file 03-18-08
Sorry, I posted this in a different group because it forgot to cross post: I'm trying to create a button that will open a file in access 2000. The location of the file is D:\Test\label.xff. If I run this in the command prompt, it opens the file with no problems. If I create an event on a button to open the file I get an error. The VB code is this: Private Sub RunForms_Click() Dim RetVal RetVal = Shell("D:\Test\label.xff", 1) End Sub Why won't this work if it works in the command prompt? Thanks, Jasper It doesn't work because Shell requires the name of a...

Excel 2007
Hi, I wanted to post a fix to a common problem I've seen. There are many posts on the internet concerning this but I've only seen the true fix once. Here's the problem, someone installs Office 2007 and then when they try to double click on an Excel file, it opens Excel but the Excel file itself does not open. So, you are left looking at the Excel 2007 screen, but it is blank with no workbooks open (not even the default one that usually opens). Here is the official Microsoft solution: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924074 - however, this only fixes about 20% of the case...

No e-mail entry under MY Work
No e-mail entry under MY Work Solved the problem. For some reason some of my Sales users were set for Service. Changed from Service to Sales in the Workspace Options. "Yoram" wrote: > No e-mail entry under MY Work ...

Attaching photos to e-mail
Trying to attach photos to a new message but after hitting "attach" the photos don't seem to be anywhere on any drive - though if I open the Digital camer software Camedia (I think) the photos display?? The properties of the photo give the path My Albums/####/####.jpg Ta ...

Outlook 2000 opens slowly
When opening Outlook 2000 it takes approix. 1 and a half min. to open. I am using MS Exchange server and have tried it with multiple logins. It is only slow on one computer. It will also open emails slowly. I pinged the server and it was still normal. ...

access database 03-16-10
I have created a siimple database project file but everytime I open or close my database, another file is created, ie I will see db1, db2 or db3 appearing in the same folder as my created database and of the same file size. Please help. When you save, save it with the same file name or it will make a new one. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "Josephine Ng" wrote: > I have created a siimple database project file but everytime I open or close > my database, another file is created, ie I will see db1, db2 or db3 appearing > in the same folder ...

Undeleting the mails from outlook express
What are the ways to undelete a message from Outlook express if it has deleted from delete folder also. Reply same here or thomas_jiji@rediffmail.com Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -S...

E-mail ID generation issue
"I created a few new mailboxes, but when I look at the users properties in Active Directory Users and Computers, nothing is listed on the Email Address Tab. I also manually updated the RUS in the Exchange Suystem manager. It is more than 6 hours since the IDs are created, but still the e-mail field in the AD property is empty. The environment is Exchange 2003 in AD 2000 native mode. Can someone help me pls? Anything in your app event logs, such as msexchangeal 8331 errors? See KB 837444 if so. SP1 fixes this but there's also a hotfix you can get (free) if you call MS. VS wrot...

collapse a specific mail folder from a macro in Outlook 2007
Hi, My Outlook 2007 archives emails to a "archivel" folder tree structure that is parallel to my mailbox folders. I've written a macro that switches between a folder and its archive (see below) As a safety measure, I want the "archivel" folder collapsed altogether when I switch back to the non-archive folder, so that I don't confuse its folders with the normal ones - any Idea how I do this? Thanx in advance. ---------------------------------- Sub SwitchBetweenCurrentFolderAndItsArchive() Dim names As Collection Set names = New Collection Dim cf As Folder Set cf =...

Open files while login, Pls help
Hello Everybody, I have many files that open while login to the the system using Start-All programs-Startup. However, I have noticed that whatever files that has been saved at the end of day are not reflect the same(whatever data i have saved) when i login to the system a very next morning. Could you pls help on this issue Thanks and Regards Ashfaq Noorie. PS: i'm using version 2007 excel. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&...

eResources 01-28-05
Is there anyway to edit / remove the eResources menu option that appear in the Account and Contact screens, I am not using the ISV.config option but even if I do there doesn't seem to be able to find anywhere to make the changes to the eResources menu. Many Thanks Biffo Hi I have since found out that this menu option is not configurable or even can be switch off, seems strange to me ??? The Biff "Biffo" wrote: > Is there anyway to edit / remove the eResources menu option that appear in > the Account and Contact screens, I am not using the ISV.config option but...

using excel windows 98
i have a table of 100's of figures that are all in text, ie: 12 34 45 56 67 78 56 78 23 78 34 67 23 89 45 78 87 21 each number in it's own cell, but i have loads of them how can i get a decimal point in front of all of them, so they all show like this ..12 .34 .45 .56 .67 .78 ..56 .78 .23 .78 .34 .67 ..23 .89 .45 .78 .87 .21 i have looked in the cells settings and can not find a way myself, i have been told to check a box to default the decimal point, but this is when you have an empty sheet, not when you have already entered the figures. any ideas. thanks Jason One way .. ...

Windows 7 mail
I recently loaded Windows 7. Basically I like it. However, the email program sucks. I read in a blog that "Windows Live Mail" was implemented with the advertising because "the servers most go to had advertising also". I disagree!!!! The servers may have advertising but Outlook/outlook Express did not, thus the reason I used OE. I have a computer training service and I have always installed Outlook Express on my clients machines when setting up their email, due to the fact they didn't want the ads all over the screen. NOW THIS IS NOT EVEN A OPTION. ...

Setting Report field properties on open
I am trying to set a field so it does not get printed in a report when it opens. I used to OpenARG statement and it passes the variable fine. However when trying to turn the field visiblity to false I get an error. Strange????? Can you change report fields visibility so certain fields do not get printed on the fly like this? I tried this with no luck. Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) If Not IsNull(Me.OpenArgs) Then InputArgs = Me.OpenArgs Select Case InputArgs Case "NoValues" txtUM_QTY.Report.Visible = False '&l...

problems between windows and google Gmail recieved
when trying to change from one message to the next in Gmail. The next new message will not open and will show that there is a problem in the top bar. You need to close the program bu usinf the following, alt, ctrl, delete, or you wait for a long period of time which will redirected you back to google bar and you then require to re-open the gmail message site. In article <772D321F-00C4-4E30-8A28-134BA4485C1A@microsoft.com>, Frank Stolp wrote: > when trying to change from one message to the next in Gmail. The next new > message will not open and will show that there is ...

Cannot open Publisher file #2
I created a newsletter in Publisher last week and went to open it yesterday to finish it, but I keep getting a message saying Publisher cannot open the file. I have been working on it all week and had no problems, but suddenly it won't open. I haven't a clue as to what is wrong with the file or what could have happened. I use Publisher 2000 right now and have never had this happen before. I can't even find any backup for the file, which I usually have. Has anyone ever experienced this problem and if so what caused it? If I have to recreate this whole thing I am going to h...

Not receiving e-mails
I have just started having problems with my e-mail. It will connect, receives and shows number of e-mails, but there is nothing in inbox. Need help to fix if possible. Do you have a filtered view set on your Inbox? Check View | Current View -- what does it show? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:290d01c4281c$330fb800$a301280a@phx.gbl, Taylor wrote: > I have just started having problems with my e-mail. It > will connect, receives and show...

Check queue on mail relay server?
Hi! I have a separate server to relay my e-mails to the outside world. The problem is that I can't see the queue on that server like you can if you have Exchange installed on it. Enviroment: Mailserver: Win2k Server with Exchange 2000 Relay: Win2k server with SMTP relay Reg J�rgen Persson Look for the Queue folder that is under the webroot I believe. there is no graphic user interface that you can view this with. You must view the folder where it is stored. this will show the e-mail in queue. if look around you can also find a bad mail folder that you might want to look at ...

need help related to mail
Hi everybody, I having problem in my organization that when internal users send mail to internal users sometimes it not reach to recipient and also not given notice to sender that mail delivery fail. Why its happen I don't know? Can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot and how to find out why its happen? But one more thing that in outlook its shows in send item box. then where is mail gone? Anybody tell m or guide me. Thanking you. Yours truly, Vicky Sam. You have to provide a little more information about your architecture before anyone will be able to help you. -- regards, ...

Exchange Server does not forward all mails, just sends HELO and QUIT
Hi, We have set up one account on our server (info at davos.ch) to forward all mails to davos at frogstyle.ch. Most of the times, this works as expected, but sometimes, it doesn't. The log files of Exchange Server show that the server only connects, sends an EHLO (which is blocked), then HELO, and then QUITs. When delivery succeeds, the EHLO and HELO are the same, but then followed by the MAIL, RCPT and DATA commands. I included the few lines of a failed delivery below. The setup of the two mailservers are: (Exchange Server - SonicWall) - Internet - (PIX 501 - Merak Mail Server) The Me...

Put a table in mail merge quote.
Hi all, I would like to put a table in my quote to display line items. It should be able to automatically increase depending on the number of line items. Is possible to achieve this? thanx. -- phumulaniluyandacollinlembede This is actually quite easy in CRM 4. From quotations - print quotation from customer. You just create a word template with all non repeating information in the header or footer. The body of the template should just contain the quote detail lines you require. The body will repeat for each line on the same page. The quote totalamount can be aligned with line totals i...