cannot get qwest email account to work in windows mail

i cant seem to get a connection to my new email account using qwest.  this
is the error i get when i try and check my email.

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'windows mail', Server:
'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

can anyone help me please?

0
Alex

That server doesn't use port 110. Please change your settings in that
Windows Mail account to agree with this:
http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry
Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server.
The SSL option must be enabled for both incoming and outgoing servers.=20

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Alex " <ahalbur83@q.com> wrote in message =
>i cant seem to get a connection to my new email account using qwest.  =
this=20
> is the error i get when i try and check my email.
>=20
>=20
> The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'windows mail', =
Server:=20
> 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket =
Error:=20
> 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
>=20
> can anyone help me please?=20

0
Gary

Attaching Contacts to new email

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

POST or GET?

Invalid Account on the Security Tab
I deleted an account from AD, and it was listed under the security tab of my server (in ESM), to have full mailbox rights to the information store. I tried removing the inherited permissions, and removing the acct. The I set the inherited permissions back, and the invalid acct. comes back. Does anyone know how I can remove this invalid acct. from the security tab? Thanks. Remove it from the top-level where it was granted permissions. When you set inherited permissions and the account comes back, that means that that account has been granted permissions at a higher level. If you'v...

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

invalid email address

get a result of an sql into a field

outlook 97 and express email problems