Can't send email 04-22-10

Can someone help me?  I am only sending to a list of 20 recipients, yet I get
the following error:

The rejected e-mail address was 'wilfred.greitens@kofc.org '. Subject
'Catholic Financial Services', Account: 'pop-server.neb.rr.com', Server:
'smtp-server.neb.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 5.5.2 RCPT TO
syntax error', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501, Error Number:
0x800CCC79

You have an illegal space after that recipient's email address.
('wilfred.greitens@kofc.org ')
--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"tvinton" <tvinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Can someone help me?  I am only sending to a list of 20 recipients, =
yet I get=20
> the following error:
> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be =

> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this=20
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read =
the=20
> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help =
determining=20
> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service =
provider.
>=20
> The rejected e-mail address was 'wilfred.greitens@kofc.org '. Subject=20
> 'Catholic Financial Services', Account: 'pop-server.neb.rr.com', =
Server:=20
> 'smtp-server.neb.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 5.5.2 =
RCPT TO=20
> syntax error', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501, Error =
Number:=20
> 0x800CCC79
0
Gary
4/22/2010 5:06:11 AM
Gary, is there a special way to enter an email address under a group list in
windows mail?  Each time I enter the "name" and "email" it puts the space
behind the name.....like below.......and then I get the error?

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> You have an illegal space after that recipient's email address.
> ('wilfred.greitens@kofc.org ')
> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "tvinton" <tvinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9380E404-B45D-4FC5-9601-21FB03E980DB@microsoft.com...
> > Can someone help me?  I am only sending to a list of 20 recipients, yet I get
> > the following error:
> > The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> > correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> > problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> > "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> > the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
> >
> > The rejected e-mail address was 'wilfred.greitens@kofc.org '. Subject
> > 'Catholic Financial Services', Account: 'pop-server.neb.rr.com', Server:
> > 'smtp-server.neb.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 5.5.2 RCPT TO
> > syntax error', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501, Error Number:
> > 0x800CCC79
> .

Sorry, I haven't run into that problem personally. Not sure what you are =

doing to cause the extra space to be added.

> Gary, is there a special way to enter an email address under a group =
list in=20
> windows mail?  Each time I enter the "name" and "email" it puts the =
space=20
> behind the name.....like below.......and then I get the error?
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>=20
>> You have an illegal space after that recipient's email address.
>> ('wilfred.greitens@kofc.org ')
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>=20
>>=20
>> "tvinton" <tvinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>> > Can someone help me?  I am only sending to a list of 20 recipients, =
yet I get=20
>> > the following error:
>> > The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not =
be=20
>> > correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving =
this=20
>> > problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and =
read the=20
>> > "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help =
determining=20
>> > the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service =
provider.
>> >=20
>> > The rejected e-mail address was 'wilfred.greitens@kofc.org '. =
Subject=20
>> > 'Catholic Financial Services', Account: 'pop-server.neb.rr.com', =
Server:=20
>> > 'smtp-server.neb.rr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '501 =
5.5.2 RCPT TO=20
>> > syntax error', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 501, Error =
Number:=20
>> > 0x800CCC79
>> .

0
Gary
4/22/2010 8:42:40 PM
Isn't it virtually impossible to accidently add a space?  I'd love to scrap
this windows mail and convert over to outlook express.  Can that be easily
done?  Would I lose all of my contacts in the process?  Would I need Windows
7?  I am operating on Vista now

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> Sorry, I haven't run into that problem personally. Not sure what you are
> doing to cause the extra space to be added.

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "tvinton" <tvinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20687ED3-9712-438E-8C41-D06C4DFD7C31@microsoft.com...
> > Gary, is there a special way to enter an email address under a group list in
> > windows mail?  Each time I enter the "name" and "email" it puts the space
> > behind the name.....like below.......and then I get the error?
> >
> > "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> You have an illegal space after that recipient's email address.
> >> ('wilfred.greitens@kofc.org ')
> >> --
> >> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> >> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

> >> .
> >>
> .

OE won't run on Vista or Windows 7. It is old technology.
Your other choice is to download and install Windows Live Mail:

http://download.live.com/wlmail=20

> Isn't it virtually impossible to accidently add a space?  I'd love to =
scrap=20
> this windows mail and convert over to outlook express.  Can that be =
easily=20
> done?  Would I lose all of my contacts in the process?  Would I need =
Windows=20
> 7?  I am operating on Vista now
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>=20
>> Sorry, I haven't run into that problem personally. Not sure what you =
are=20
>> doing to cause the extra space to be added.
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>=20
>>=20
>> "tvinton" <tvinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>> > Gary, is there a special way to enter an email address under a =
group list in=20
>> > windows mail?  Each time I enter the "name" and "email" it puts the =
space=20
>> > behind the name.....like below.......and then I get the error?
>> >=20
>> > "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>> >=20
Subject=20
Server:=20
Error Number:=20

>> .

0
Gary
4/23/2010 4:41:18 AM
"tvinton" <tvinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Gary, is there a special way to enter an email address under a group list
> in
> windows mail?  Each time I enter the "name" and "email" it puts the space
> behind the name.....like below.......and then I get the error?

I guess that what you are seeing is the auto fill of recently used
addresses?

You need to edit that error from that contact in your contacts and in the
actual group.
Select the contact and backspace the offending space on the end.

Then you need to clear the auto fill list so that it no longer uses that old
memory.

See:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/264/1/Utility-to-clear-recently-used-email-addresses-in-Windows-Mail.html

http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/245/1/How-to-clear-the-email-auto-complete-entries-in-Windows-Mail.html

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

mac

Problems with creating a newsletter

Inbox send/receive syncronizing

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

conversion 04-07-04
anything change over the years.....can Filemaker Pro 4.0 be converted to Access ?? please reply on the Newsgroup, thanks Hi Cat, Not much has changed on this front. You have to export the data from FM into a format Access can read (e.g. CSV), import that into Access, massage the data into a relational structure, and finally re-create the functionality of the FM database using Access's native concepts and tools. On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 19:32:19 -0700, "Cat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >anything change over the years.....can Filemaker Pro 4.0 >be con...

Invoice Numbers 10-27-07

Sending Email #6

GP 10 AP Reconciliation Statement
Hi All, I have one query about the reconcile feature that is available in GP 10 to reconcile the AP and AR to GL. It has come to my notice when i take a recon statement for AP it does not match with the AP historical aged trail balance after taking into consideration the unmatched and potentially matched transactions. I have taken the AP smartlist for the given period and compared it with the transaction being displayed in the recon statement. What has come to my notice is the recon statement is not taking few transaction like invoice or payment for some reason. I faced this issue with almo...

Date format 04-11-06

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Email cannot be resolved...

MS CRM Security 05-26-04
Hi, I have 2 business units: 1. New Business Sales 2. Account Management (management of current customers) I want to use the MS CRM security settings so that users in New Business Sales cannot see any account records for our current customers. This includes if the New Business Sales users select the &#8216;All Accounts&#8217; view. Is this possible with MS CRM? Yes. When you assign access rights to the role, only give them "Business Unit" access, they will only be able to see data within their BU. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ------------------...

MS Money '04 Reference Books
Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem to have one for every software program other than Money. Any suggestions? Thanks much, Too many books ended up getting pulped--I'm not sure there are any for Money anymore. You might check on http://www.amazon.com. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e72001c3f056$477b1c10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference > books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem > to...

Recurring email #2

send on behalf #6
Hi, We have a helpdesk mailbox and I would like to give the "send on behalf" permission to a distribution group but "active directory Users and computers" won't let me do this. I can only see users. No groups. Exchange 2003 sp2, Outlook 2003, Native forest. I don't wanna use "send as" cause we wanna see sender name. Could it be a GC problem? Am I missing something? Thanks On 19 May 2006 06:43:07 -0700, dany_langlois@yahoo.com wrote: >Hi, > >We have a helpdesk mailbox and I would like to give the "send on >behalf" permiss...