Can anyone help me send mail? Please.

This is the error message:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Emailing: Thermal Cat
Mat', Account: 'Home', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

"Carib210" <Carib210@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is the error message:
>
> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Emailing: Thermal Cat
> Mat', Account: 'Home', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
> Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

You are using the wrong port numbers, see the link to check all your
settings.

How to set up gmail in Windows Mail:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383

0
mac
6/7/2010 3:07:46 PM
Gmail uses port 465 for sending..

see these instructions for enabling POP and for configuring Windows
Mail/Live Mail....
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86382
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383
or for IMAP....
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77696&topic=12920

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"Carib210" <Carib210@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is the error message:
>
> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Emailing: Thermal Cat
> Mat', Account: 'Home', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
> Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

0
Dave

How can I have this IIF query running?
This is my query : strQuery = "SELECT DISTINCT ID_emp,name,adres,city, " _ & " sports = IIF(EXISTS(SELECT ID_sport FROM tblSports WHERE ID_pers= tblArbCtr.persID), 1, 0)" _ & " FROM tblArbCtr,tblEmployee WHERE Contract = 0 AND tblArbCtr.persID=tblEmployee.ID_emp" I want to find out the employees who don't have a contract (contract=0) first, and after that I want to verify whether they have a sport with the derived 'sports' column. The compiler fires the following error : '3061 : Too few parameters. ...

How to stop "Help" accessing Office Online
Excel 2003. I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For example, with a stupidly simple example: =vlookup Press F1 Assistance appears, then if you hit the green arrow it goes to the online mode and searches the web.... really a pain. Esp. since my firewall blocked the search and thereafter Excel simply crashed. Try: Help|Microsoft Help|Online Content Settings|Online Content Category Turn off what you don't want. Steve wrote: > > Excel 2003. > > I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For > exampl...

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Please help #8

Help with importing data

Problem sending encrypted email in OLXP

OE autodelete OLD mail

outlook 2007 e-mail

How do I send a photo from Publisher 2003 to Adobe Photoshop Eleme
-- Pepperanne from Cape Cod If copy/paste doesn't work, select the picture, right-click, save as picture. Where are you getting the photo? If you are copying from the Office clipart site, you should be able to paste into Photoshop directly. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Pepperanne" <Pepperanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9E5547F-C3B2-49A8-95E1-3A18FFB5F014@microsoft.com... > > -- > Pepperanne fro...

OWA: Cannot send mail / mail goes to draft folder
Hello, I have the same problem how SC. I have an OWA 2003 and if I sent a mail the mail goes every in the draft folder. I can't send it. Please help me! Greetings Christof ...

How can I create Schedule Chart?
I have simply an activity list which shows START and FINISH date of related activity. I need to put this information into a Chart, so that i will get a bar chart highligting the line between the START and FINISH date of the activity. It is very similar to what we can create in Microsoft Project. Do you know a specific chart type for this? It's called a Gantt chart: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010346051033.aspx http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.mrexcel.com/tip058.shtml -- David Biddulph "mezzanine1974" <savas_karaduman@yahoo.com>...

Outlook: default new mail location
We seem to have a problem with users that log into a workstation that they have never logged into before. Basically, the default NEW MAIL location is set to a PST local to their c: drive. So, when they open up Outlook to check thier mail. All MAILBOX, INBOX mail slowly dissapears and is moved to the local pst file. Once, we configure the users Outlook profile on that machine and change the default NEW MAIL location to the Exhange/Mailbox/Inbox it works fine. I've heard about PRF files, but I am unfamiliar with configuring them. All I want is for the default NEW MAIL locatio...