Auto delete windows mail?

I'm using Windows mail with Vista. My junk folder has auto emptied twice in
the last two months. I can't figure out why.  Any help out there?
--
marty

"srmarty" <srmarty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Windows mail with Vista. My junk folder has auto emptied twice
> in
> the last two months. I can't figure out why.  Any help out there?
> --
> marty

Tools>options>advanced tab>maintenance button.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

0
mac

Cannot receive some mail
Hello, I am new here and this looks like a great forum. The problem I am having is my wife and I both have Outlook and Outlook Express and we cannot receive an email from a particular email address. We get other mail but not this one. I have sprained my brain trying to figure this out. I hope someone can please help. Thank You BobbyS -- BobbyS "BobbyS" <BobbyS.36208ef@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:BobbyS.36208ef@outlookbanter.com... > I am new here and this looks like a great forum. The problem I am > having is my wife and I both have Outlook and Ou...

missing mail #3
Hi My outlook 2003 inbox has lost thousands of email, up till last few weeks. Must have hit a key accidentally, but not in deleted folder and not archived.. any other ideas thanks tim Have you checked to make sure you didn't accidentally switch your folder view(s) to a filtered view that might be hiding the older items? (You can also make sure you're not sorting on the Icon column.) Also, have you tried doing an Advanced Find to see if the items were moved to other folders? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- ...

Windows explorer help
Hello All Why doesn't windows explorer display the file date, I setup a folder for my recorded video files but there are no dates for the files. Help!! Change the details to show what you want. Explorer-View-Choose Details ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 09:59:45 +0930, in microsoft.public.windows.vista.general, "Master Lee" <ufpnospam@optusnet.com.au> wrote: >Hello All >Why doesn't windows explorer display the file date, I setup a folder for my >recorded ...

please take my address off your mailing list
i can not get any of the patches please take my name off your list There is no mailing list. This is usenet. If you used your real email address, change it or get used to it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, huey asked: | i can not get any of the patches please take my name off | your list ...

Auto response setup to read receipt in Outlook 97?
Hi, Can anybody tell me how to setup autoresponse (for all incoming emails) to read receipt request in Outlook 97? Thanks Saq ...

windows.h and MFC
Without formal training, I'm struggling to understand why windows.h cannot be #included in MFC projects. What is the difference between a "WIN32" project and an "MFC" project. I thought that WIN32 is just basic C++ and MFC means one is using the MS foundation classes in your windows program. But I would have thought that windows.h is basically just a header file required for any windows program. Thanks. Patrick Actually, it is already included, as part of the MFC standard includes. Win32 is the basic raw API programming. MFC is a rich C++ framework built o...

Auto filter and protection with many sheets
Hi all, The following procedure allows auto filter on protected sheets. If I have many thus sheets, do I need to replicate all these lines or can I include all their names somehow within this procedure? With Worksheets("Tax Invoice records") .EnableAutoFilter = True .Protect Password:="password", _ Contents:=True, UserInterfaceOnly:=True End With Thanks, Rob If it's all the worksheets in the workbook, you won't need the names of any: dim wks as worksheet for each wks in activeworkbook.worksheets with wks .enableautofilter = true .protect.... end w...

Strange problem when saving excel 97 to Windows 2003 server
We just upgraded our File server from a NT 4.0 machine to a Windows 2003 Server machine (active directory + new hardware). We have several computers still running windows 98 and office 97. A couple of our windows 98+ Excel 97 users ran into a problem when saving simple (no macro) Excel documents on the server. Excel froze showing only a white screen. When checking the server folder in real time when this error occurred I saw that the document name that should have appeared in the drive was not there and instead a ever growing file named: "06D7A00" appeared. It kept growing (over 2 GB...

Mass Deletion of Range Names?
It's easy to create many range names all at once using "insert/name/create" for a large number of selected rows and/or columns of data having row and/or columns headings. Once those ranges are created, is there any way in EXCEL to do a mass delete of those range-names from the spreadsheet? You can clear or delete the worksheet they are on, but that doesn't delete them as range names in the workbook. You can also go to the menu and "insert/name/define" and then proceed to delete each range-name individually, but it won't let you select and delete all...

Windows 7 and Outlook 2007 problem
I updated to Windows 7, and reinstalled Office 2007. I cannot install Outlook, and when I go into Control Panel/Mail I get the message that the Exchange Server is not available. I cannot get past this. "doctoral student muma" <doctoralstudentmuma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24D9800F-52FA-4416-AF66-0DC2454F2B89@microsoft.com... >I updated to Windows 7, and reinstalled Office 2007. I cannot install > Outlook, and when I go into Control Panel/Mail I get the message that the > Exchange Server is not available. I cannot get past this. Su...

Delete locked task
I have a task in Outlook 2007 that I can not delete, mark as finished or anything else. It is locked tight. It gives me a reminder everytime I open Outlook and it is quite annoying. If I try to set it as finish or try to delete it Outlook gives the following message (translated from Swedish to English): "The Assignment could not be finished. One or more parametervalues is not valid." Any suggestions, I have tried to search for an answer on this forum, on microsoft.com and with Bing/Google without luck. A big thank you in advance! Alveja wrote: > I have a t...

Outbound mail routing
I am converting to an in house exchange 2003 server from a hosted service. I would like to forward the mail from the hosted service to the exchange server, that part works fine. However I have not converted all my users over yet and mail that i send them from my exchange account never reaches there hosted account just there exchange account. Check this out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721/en-us Nue "Alex Baker" <Alex Baker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:171675A9-2464-4857-B89A-CAF3D0CF4705@microsoft.com... >I am converting to an in house exc...

Windows Mobile 5.0
Does anyone have any idea where I can find the Windows Mobile 5.0 software, not the SDK or Uninstall Package? I say that because that´s all I´ve found and I´ve been all over the Internet. Can´t find it anywhere. Thanks in advance. S. Wiley Windows Mobile 5 software comes pre-installed on Windows Mobile devices. There's no way that I know of to buy it without hardware. So, the question is, what do you want to do with it once you have it? You can't load it onto a Windows Mobile device. HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility BV www.cwrmobility.com/web...

Deleted Items Folder
Hi. Need some assistance with an issue in regards to my Deleted Items folder. I have Outlook 2003 XP3. Recently I emptied the contents from my deleted items folder. I've now noticed that any newly deleted items don't appear in my deleted items folder, they now seem to be permanently deleted. The "Warn before permanently deleting items" check box within the options menu is ticked. If I drag an item to the Deleted Items folder, it too doesn't appear in that folder. I have tried a detect and repair within Outlook and have also run scanpst on the pst...

Import contacts from Windows Mail
I have my Windows Mail contacts in a .csv file. How do I import them into Word? "Gaybinator" <Gaybinator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DA0388F-82FF-4FCE-9CFA-64FB3BFB88DB@microsoft.com... > I have my Windows Mail contacts in a .csv file. How do I import them into > Word? Eh? You could open the csv file in Excel, save as a text file and open that in Word. Why exactly do you want to do this? ...

external mail certificates ol2002 exchange2000
Hallo, I'm trying to add thawte certificates on outgoing mail in sent from my outlook 2002 clients. No no success, because exchange tells me that "Your Digital ID name cannot be found by the underlying security system" If I set up an internal Certificate Authoritity with windows 2000, it works correctly and has no problems at all, but these certificates is for local use and not globally trusted. I has seen similar problem posted by Joris, somebosy knows how to solve it? Does Exchange require something to point to somewhere in the AD? thank you marco ...

Windows 7 Issues
I have just purchased a new PC with Windows 7 and Media Center (included). Sometimes it will record and sometimes it won't start 2 minutes before as it did on my old XP edition. 1) How can I change the format it records in & 2) Initailly, when I ran the new media center under Windows 7, it put a thumbnail picutre of the recorded TV scho, now it only shows a filmstrip with a camera and sometime it will play and other time it won't. I'm open to any advice. Thanx for your time. When you record a program it records it to the hard drive and then it plays fro...

Rules keep getting deleted
I use Outlook 2003 and I synch with my laptop using synchpst. When I create rules in Outlook after a week or so when I receive mail an error message will appear that states outlook cannot move message to the folder that I set up the rule for. When I check the rule the folder reverts back to unspecified folder with an error icon. I should also mention that I transfer my PST files to the laptop and bck to the desktop to ensure full synch. Any idea why this happens? Win XP Pro system Kitaman kita@kit.com <kita@kit.com> wrote: > I use Outlook 2003 and I synch with my laptop usin...

Use Vista to restore windows mail from backup
I use Vista 32bit backup to backup my computer. Vista 32 bit backup is not a disk image backup. I will be reinstalling everything on my computer. I use Vista Windows Mail that came with my computer for my email. How do I use Vista restore from my latest backup to restore my emails and contacts and email accounts POP/SMTP settings? I assume Vista 32 bit backup backs this up. Vista help does not specifically address this. Thank You for your Help. Bob Background info: I have a desktop AMD 4400+ 64X2 4GB memory 320GB HD(way bigger than I need) Acer computer (AM3100-U3201A) I...

Black screen on Windows Vista Home startup
My screen goes black in the early stages of bootup. I can start safe mode and have done a system restore but my computerstill will not start normally. I have recieved via email a hotfix application from Microsoft but this will also not run when the computer is in safe mode. Plse assist. Thanks. MS doesnt send emails, unless you have contacted MS support via email "Black screen on Windows Vista Home start" <Black screen on Windows Vista Home start@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:425E0F91-D2F5-4D7E-B8A2-351ECCC2AED7@microsoft.com... > My scr...

Cannot delete HDD partition; antivirus file on partition
I tried to delete the partition on my external hard drive using Disk Management in Computer Management. I got these two error messages: "Logical Disk Manager: The request cannot be completed because the volume is open or in use. It may be configured as a system, boot, or pagefile volume, or, to hold a crashdump file." "Disk Management: The partition <Partition name> (N:) Primary partition is currently in use. To force the deletion of this partition, click Yes. WARNING: Forcing a deletion might cause unexpected errors in the application that is using this partit...

How to move Outlook mail folder to another machine?
Hokey Smokes, I can't believe I'm having so much trouble with this :) I have computer A with Outlook 2000 running for a couple of years. There are lots of Outlook mail folders on machine A. Now I've installed Outlook 2000 on machine B and I want to migrate those folders from machine A to machine B. Where the heck are the Outlook mail files kept?!!! (machine A is Windows NT 4.0 sp6) There does not appear to be an "automatic" import in Outlook 2000 to grab mail folders from another machine. Does anyone know how I can do this????? Thanks in advance, Mark-the-bewilde...

Re Windows Mail
Since 1st Sept 2010 all my sent items are dated August 2010. Today when I opened Windows Mail I could only see the Inbox and no options for Sent, Junk, Deleted, Draft etc. Anyone had a similar problem? Please look at my records have had same orgional since 1975 "mk" wrote: > Since 1st Sept 2010 all my sent items are dated August 2010. Today when I > opened Windows Mail I could only see the Inbox and no options for Sent, Junk, > Deleted, Draft etc. Anyone had a similar problem? We have no idea what you are talking about. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (M...

cannot delete condional formatting
I have applied several conditional formats and had some conflicting results. At this point, I would like to delete all conditional formatting and start over. When I go to edit > go to > conditional formatting to highlight all or same formatting, then go to format > conditional formatting, it is blank. It does show my previous conditional formatting settings if I only select one cell of the sheet that I know that it was applied to, so it is there. It is a huge sheet, so I would like a way to identify and remove it all at once. It almost seems that the "go to" method ...

Can I delete C:/WSUS?
Hi, I'm running SBS2008 Standard, with all service packs and updates. I have WSUS installed (of course) and moved the WSUS installation to my large D: drive where it happily consumes 15 GB of data. I notices that I have a C:\WSUS folder that takes up 3.7 GB, which isn't the end of the world but I'd like to save that space if possible. It contains C:\WSUS\UpdateServicesDbFile\SUSDB.mdf. Is is safe to delete this since "everything" has moved to the D drive? Thanks, - Mark That is your WSUS database file so you don't want to delete it. "Ps...