All of a sudden i cannot send emails but can recieve.

 Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 : Sender address rejected: Access
denied', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 554, Error Number:
0x800CCC78

This is the error message i recieve. Can anyone help. Kind Regards
--
rather be playing golf

To start with, go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties,=20
Advanced, then uncheck the SSL option. AOL doesn't support it.
=20
Also note that AOL requires your 'From' address to be @aol.com
or @aim.com.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be =

> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this=20
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read =
the=20
> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help =
determining=20
> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service =
provider.
>=20
> Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',=20
> Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 : Sender address rejected: =
Access=20
> denied', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 554, Error Number: =

> 0x800CCC78
>=20
> This is the error message i recieve. Can anyone help. Kind Regards
> --=20
> rather be playing golf
0
Gary
2/19/2010 6:47:15 PM
I am having the very exact problem- everything I have tried, including
purchasing
Registry Booster has failed- have you had any luck resolving the issue?

"Darren" wrote:

> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
>
>  Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',
> Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 : Sender address rejected: Access
> denied', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 554, Error Number:
> 0x800CCC78
>
> This is the error message i recieve. Can anyone help. Kind Regards
> --
> rather be playing golf
Hi Gary, Thanks for the reply, unfortunatley still the same probs as SLL was
unchecked and i have .com on the address.
--
rather be playing golf

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> To start with, go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties,
> Advanced, then uncheck the SSL option. AOL doesn't support it.
>
> Also note that AOL requires your 'From' address to be @aol.com
> or @aim.com.

> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC7CD43A-7034-4158-AEE3-37C5B7DF5366@microsoft.com...
> > The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> > correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> > problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> > "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> > the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
> >
> > Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',
> > Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 : Sender address rejected: Access
> > denied', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 554, Error Number:
> > 0x800CCC78
> >
> > This is the error message i recieve. Can anyone help. Kind Regards
> > --
> > rather be playing golf
> .

I'm not sure I understand your responses.
The error message you included clearly shows that the SSL option
was enabled for the outgoing mail server.

Also, using an email address ending in .com is not significant.
In order to use the AOL server the email address used on that account
must end in @aol.com or @aim.com.

> Hi Gary, Thanks for the reply, unfortunatley still the same probs as =
SLL was=20
> unchecked and i have .com on the address.
> --=20
> rather be playing golf
>=20
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>=20
>> To start with, go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, =
Properties,=20
>> Advanced, then uncheck the SSL option. AOL doesn't support it.
>> =20
>> Also note that AOL requires your 'From' address to be @aol.com
>> or @aim.com.
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>=20
>>=20
>> "Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>> > The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not =
be=20
>> > correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving =
this=20
>> > problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and =
read the=20
>> > "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help =
determining=20
>> > the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service =
provider.
>> >=20
>> > Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',=20
>> > Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 : Sender address =
rejected: Access=20
>> > denied', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 554, Error =
Number:=20
>> > 0x800CCC78
>> >=20
>> > This is the error message i recieve. Can anyone help. Kind Regards
>> > --=20
>> > rather be playing golf
>> .

0
Gary
2/19/2010 9:56:38 PM
Please copy and paste your error message for proper consideration.

"Jack Bills" <Jack Bills@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am having the very exact problem- everything I have tried, including
> purchasing
> Registry Booster has failed- have you had any luck resolving the issue?
>
> "Darren" wrote:
>
>> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
>> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
>> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
>> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
>> determining
>> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
>>
>>  Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',
>> Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 : Sender address rejected:
>> Access
>> denied', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 554, Error Number:
>> 0x800CCC78
>>
>> This is the error message i recieve. Can anyone help. Kind Regards
>> --
>> rather be playing golf

0
slk759

The rejected e-mail address was 'darrenmlowman@aol.com'. Subject 'emails',
Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server
Response: '554 5.7.1 <darrenmlowman@aol.com>: Sender address rejected: Access
denied', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number:
0x800CCC78

Hi Gary, Still having troubles.
--
rather be playing golf

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand your responses.
> The error message you included clearly shows that the SSL option
> was enabled for the outgoing mail server.
>
> Also, using an email address ending in .com is not significant.
> In order to use the AOL server the email address used on that account
> must end in @aol.com or @aim.com.

> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:366A0D8A-A5A6-46EB-A4D9-8D58624D673C@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Gary, Thanks for the reply, unfortunatley still the same probs as SLL was
> > unchecked and i have .com on the address.
> > --
> > rather be playing golf
> >

> > "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> To start with, go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties,
> >> Advanced, then uncheck the SSL option. AOL doesn't support it.
> >>
> >> Also note that AOL requires your 'From' address to be @aol.com
> >> or @aim.com.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> >> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

> >> .
> >>
> .

mine started doing thi yesterday!  I cannot get it fixed, if you have any
luck, please let me know!  This is my error msg...

The rejected e-mail address was 'joritaclayton@aol.com'. Subject 'Is this a
fox in our back yard?', Account: 'Jo-Rita Clayton', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 <joritaclayton@aol.com>: Sender
"Darren" wrote:

> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
>
>  Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',
> Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 : Sender address rejected: Access
> denied', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 554, Error Number:
> 0x800CCC78
>
> This is the error message i recieve. Can anyone help. Kind Regards
> --
> rather be playing golf
old netscape user here
same problem here
i can fix by changing acct settings to @aol.com/@aim.com
but fail when set to @netscape.net

from aol support site
http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=221966&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_AOLFAQS_1_1&dialogID=38088753&stateId=1%200%2038098181

Keep the Same Netscape Mail Address
Your Netscape e-mail address is yours to keep for life! You may still send and receive mail with it.

0
netscapeuser
2/20/2010 6:05:05 PM
I'm having the same problems as of last night. It's worse today. Think maybe
it's a problem with microsoft all of a sudden?  Sometimes these things
correct themselves, or at least that's what I've noticed in the recent past.
This isn't the first time I've encountered this problem.  I checked my
accounts under tools and my smtp and all is correct.

"Darren" wrote:

> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
>
>  Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',
> Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 : Sender address rejected: Access
> denied', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 554, Error Number:
> 0x800CCC78
>
> This is the error message i recieve. Can anyone help. Kind Regards
> --
> rather be playing golf
Seems like you are going to have to ask AOL what the situation is.
Perhaps they have migrated the former Netscape users over to AOL email
accounts...?

"netscapeuser" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> old netscape user here
> same problem here
> i can fix by changing acct settings to @aol.com/@aim.com
> but fail when set to @netscape.net
>
> from aol support site
> http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=221966&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_AOLFAQS_1_1&dialogID=38088753&stateId=1%200%2038098181
>
> Keep the Same Netscape Mail Address
> Your Netscape e-mail address is yours to keep for life! You may still send
> and receive mail with it.
>

> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail/All-of-a-sudden-i-cannot-send-emails-but-can-recieve

0
Dave
2/20/2010 6:59:03 PM
I'm not on AOL and am having the same problem.  Has anyone found the answer?
I don't understand why this has happened all of a sudden.  An automatic
update of some sort screwing things up???

ERROR MESSAGE [last of several attempts since Fri [2/19]]

The rejected e-mail address was 'DillonP@usa.redcross.org'. Subject 'Re:
April S.W.A.T. Project', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server:
'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '551 not our
customer', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 551, Error Number:
0x800CCC79

"Darren" wrote:

> Hi Gary, Thanks for the reply, unfortunatley still the same probs as SLL was
> unchecked and i have .com on the address.
> --
> rather be playing golf
>

> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > To start with, go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties,
> > Advanced, then uncheck the SSL option. AOL doesn't support it.
> >
> > Also note that AOL requires your 'From' address to be @aol.com
> > or @aim.com.
> >
> > --
> > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> > Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> >

> > "Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC7CD43A-7034-4158-AEE3-37C5B7DF5366@microsoft.com...
> > > The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> > > correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> > > problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> > > "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> > > the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
> > >
> > > Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',
> > > Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 : Sender address rejected: Access
> > > denied', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 554, Error Number:
> > > 0x800CCC78
> > >
> > > This is the error message i recieve. Can anyone help. Kind Regards
> > > --
> > > rather be playing golf
> > .

Darren, I solved my same/similar problem by stepping through the online  help
instructions for setting up email account provided by my service provider.
In my case that was att but I was surprised how much I had to change under
the 'advance' section.  ATT has joined up with YAHOO.  I sent out emails Fri
AM, but could send nothing out as of 8 PM Friday until now, except to my own
yahoo & bellsouth [att] accounts..

"Darren" wrote:

> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
>
>  Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',
> Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 : Sender address rejected: Access
> denied', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 554, Error Number:
> 0x800CCC78
>
> This is the error message i recieve. Can anyone help. Kind Regards
> --
> rather be playing golf
I have had similiar problem, use ATT and went through their steps and still
doesn't work. I also turned off anti-virus and that didn't help. I deleted
account and re-created and same thing.

--
Daryl

"DottieA" wrote:

> Darren, I solved my same/similar problem by stepping through the online  help
> instructions for setting up email account provided by my service provider.
> In my case that was att but I was surprised how much I had to change under
> the 'advance' section.  ATT has joined up with YAHOO.  I sent out emails Fri
> AM, but could send nothing out as of 8 PM Friday until now, except to my own
> yahoo & bellsouth [att] accounts..
>
> "Darren" wrote:
>
> > The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> > correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> > problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> > "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> > the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
> >
> >  Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',
> > Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 : Sender address rejected: Access
> > denied', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 554, Error Number:
> > 0x800CCC78
> >
> > This is the error message i recieve. Can anyone help. Kind Regards
> > --
> > rather be playing golf
There seems to be a weird problem going on with AOL's SMTP at the
moment.  Quite a few of us having trouble sending from external clients
but no problem receiving.

I've been able to work around the issue for the moment by changing the
account name and email address in my mail client to "@aim.com" instead
of "@aol.com".  This isn't ideal, but at least I can send again, and
incoming mail to my "@aol.com" address still works (so far).

--
pglewis
0

"DottieA" wrote:

> Darren, I solved my same/similar problem by stepping through the online  help
> instructions for setting up email account provided by my service provider.
> In my case that was att but I was surprised how much I had to change under
> the 'advance' section.  ATT has joined up with YAHOO.  I sent out emails Fri
> AM, but could send nothing out as of 8 PM Friday until now, except to my own
> yahoo & bellsouth [att] accounts..
>
> "Darren" wrote:
>
> > The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> > correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> > problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> > "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> > the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
> >
> >  Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',
> > Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 : Sender address rejected: Access
> > denied', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 554, Error Number:
> > 0x800CCC78
> >
> > This is the error message i recieve. Can anyone help. Kind Regards
> > --
> > rather be playing golf
I had the same problem since 20.30 on 19/2.
I have just changed my email address in Windows Mail account from
xxxx@aol.com to xxxx@aol.co.uk and everything now works. I made no other
changes. I registered my email address with AOL UK but had always used
xxxx@aol.com without problem until Friday. I can still receive email to
either address.

Alan

"Darren" wrote:

> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
>
>  Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',
> Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 : Sender address rejected: Access
> denied', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 554, Error Number:
> 0x800CCC78
>
> This is the error message i recieve. Can anyone help. Kind Regards
> --
> rather be playing golf
No, it's not a Microsoft problem. This particular problem is unique
to Netscape and AOL/AIM users. Contact AOL for assistance.

"Silky" <Silky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> I'm having the same problems as of last night. It's worse today. Think =
maybe=20
> it's a problem with microsoft all of a sudden?  Sometimes these things =

> correct themselves, or at least that's what I've noticed in the recent =
past. =20
> This isn't the first time I've encountered this problem.  I checked my =

> accounts under tools and my smtp and all is correct. =20
>=20
> "Darren" wrote:
>=20
>> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not =
be=20
>> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this =

>> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read =
the=20
>> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help =
determining=20
>> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service =
provider.
>>=20
>>  Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',=20
>> Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 : Sender address =
rejected: Access=20
>> denied', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 554, Error =
Number:=20
>> 0x800CCC78
>>=20
>> This is the error message i recieve. Can anyone help. Kind Regards
>> --=20
>> rather be playing golf
0
Gary
2/21/2010 11:15:18 PM
If your problem is not related to AOL, it is best to post in a separate
thread. As always, if you want custom help, post your complete
error message.

"Daryl" <Daryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I have had similiar problem, use ATT and went through their steps and =
still=20
> doesn't work. I also turned off anti-virus and that didn't help. I =
deleted=20
> account and re-created and same thing.
>=20
> --=20
> Daryl
>=20
>=20
> "DottieA" wrote:
>=20
>> Darren, I solved my same/similar problem by stepping through the =
online  help=20
>> instructions for setting up email account provided by my service =
provider. =20
>> In my case that was att but I was surprised how much I had to change =
under=20
>> the 'advance' section.  ATT has joined up with YAHOO.  I sent out =
emails Fri=20
>> AM, but could send nothing out as of 8 PM Friday until now, except to =
my own=20
>> yahoo & bellsouth [att] accounts..
>>=20
>> "Darren" wrote:
>>=20
>> > The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not =
be=20
>> > correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving =
this=20
>> > problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and =
read the=20
>> > "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help =
determining=20
>> > the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service =
provider.
>> >=20
>> >  Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', =

>> > Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 : Sender address =
rejected: Access=20
>> > denied', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 554, Error =
Number:=20
>> > 0x800CCC78
>> >=20
>> > This is the error message i recieve. Can anyone help. Kind Regards
>> > --=20
>> > rather be playing golf
0
Gary
2/21/2010 11:17:55 PM
'  We have two AOL accounts. My wife�s account is unable to send email
via Outlook, Thunderbird, EssentialIPM etc with a server error message
of 554 5.7.1 username@aol.com (\"username@aol.com\"):
Sender address rejected: Access denied.  Both accounts have exactly the
same SMTP settings.  She can send via the web.  Receiving is no problem
as others above.  I understand that the account may (from the error
message), be being treated as spam as others above.  Have tried
uninstalling and reinstalling all the email clients on pc, laptop and
netbook and have tried resetting all the account settings back to what
they should be. Have also tried the AIM work around noted above - still
getting same error code.  Anyone else? :mad:
'
(http://www.vistax64.com/register.php?a=act&u=156012&i=d4284e2848c8e4046b324b4bce79fd7035882cbc)

--
stirling12
0

(http://www.vistax64.com/register.php?a=3Dact&u=3D156012&i=3Dd4284e2848c8=
e4046b324b4bce79fd7035882cbc)
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> stirling12
0
Gary
2/23/2010 12:56:42 AM
aim server accepts my @netscape.net addres again for sending mail

incoming imap: imap.aim.com port: 143
outgoing smtp: smtp.aim.com port: 587

when outgoing is set to aol.com, it times out when sending (even with 5min timeout setting)
incoming works with aol.com or aim.com
0
netscapeuser
3/2/2010 5:39:52 PM
Thanks for that report.=20

> aim server accepts my @netscape.net addres again for sending mail
>=20
> incoming imap: imap.aim.com port: 143
> outgoing smtp: smtp.aim.com port: 587
>=20
> when outgoing is set to aol.com, it times out when sending (even with =
5min timeout setting)
> incoming works with aol.com or aim.com
>=20
>=20
> ---
> frmsrcurl: =
http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail/All-of-a-sudden-i=
-cannot-send-emails-but-can-recieve
0
Gary
3/2/2010 8:26:02 PM

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> No, it's not a Microsoft problem. This particular problem is unique
> to Netscape and AOL/AIM users. Contact AOL for assistance.

> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Silky" <Silky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47ED17FE-98DA-4D22-B68D-433B303C2F1D@microsoft.com...
> > I'm having the same problems as of last night. It's worse today. Think maybe
> > it's a problem with microsoft all of a sudden?  Sometimes these things
> > correct themselves, or at least that's what I've noticed in the recent past.
> > This isn't the first time I've encountered this problem.  I checked my
> > accounts under tools and my smtp and all is correct.
> >
> > "Darren" wrote:
> >
> >> The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be
> >> correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this
> >> problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the
> >> "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining
> >> the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.
> >>
> >>  Subject 'emails', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',
> >> Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 : Sender address rejected: Access
> >> denied', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 554, Error Number:
> >> 0x800CCC78
> >>
> >> This is the error message i recieve. Can anyone help. Kind Regards
> >> --
> >> rather be playing golf
> .

I am not having aol, I am having yahoo which suppose to work and I get the
same error message as the others..

The rejected e-mail address was '@yahoo.com'. Subject 'application',
Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server
Response: '554 5.7.1 <@yahoo.com>: Sender address rejected: Access denied',
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
could anybody help me with this?
The error message is quite simple. The From email address you used
"@yahoo.com" is not a valid email address. There has to be something
in front of the @ symbol.

"orangecami"  wrote in message =

I am not having aol, I am having yahoo which suppose to work and I get =
the
same error message as the others..
problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read =
the
"I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help =
determining

The rejected e-mail address was '@yahoo.com'. Subject 'application',
Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, =
Server
Response: '554 5.7.1 <@yahoo.com>: Sender address rejected: Access =
denied',
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
could anybody help me with this?=20

0
Gary

Can't Send Emails
Hi I'm having problems sendin emails, they just sit in the outbox abd the following error message appears:- "An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Re: Your enquiry, reference number RM0124-9733', Account: 'pop.freeserve.net (1)', Server: 'smtp.freeserve.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B" There is no problem receiving emails. This may have started about the time I upgraded to Outlook Express 6 although I'm not sure now if that was a coincidence. Any help gratefully received. Gareth Are you dialling up...

Deleting corrupt sending email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap I have a corrupt email that keeps trying to be sent, but then return the error message that it cannot be sent (presumably because its corrupt). I can still send emails, it's just this one that's stuck as as there's no 'outbox' I can't see it to delete. Can anyone let me know how I can get rid of it? <br> Thanks. Quit Entourage, then relaunch it while holding down the Shift key. This will disable any schedules that run at startup, i.e. Entourage won't try ...

I see that Publisher 97 can be upgraded to 2003; what about 98?
I have Publisher 98 but want to upgrade to 2003. On the sales page it says that one can only upgrade from 97 to 2003. Is that right? Publisher 98 qualifies... http://www.microsoft.com/office/publisher/howtobuy/default.mspx#EEAA -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Gigi" <Gigi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B2DD01C-2139-4D96-9821-7D3E41D553D5@microsoft.com... >I have Publisher 98 but want to upgrade to 2003. On the sales page it says > that one can only upgrade from 97 to 2003. Is...

Can not open folders containing emails. Says server not availble
I cannot open my folder for email files in Outlook. Get error message saying "set of folders could not be opened. Server is not available. Contact your administrator." What version of Outlook? What type of email acount/profile was created for Outlook to use? Did this work before? "Gil Moorman" <Gil Moorman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:821C5535-AAD2-4C13-9BD4-C9EE4BB2798A@microsoft.com... > I cannot open my folder for email files in Outlook. Get error message saying > "set of folders could not be opened. Server is not a...

Certificate error suddenly showing up.
I have one user that is getting the following error each time he starts up Outlook on his system. Security alert autodiscover.domaain.com Information you exchange with this site cannot be viewed or changed by others. However, there is a problem with the site's security certificate. (Check mark) The security certificate is from a trusted certifying authority. (Check Mark) The security certificate date is valid. (Red X) The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site. Do you want to proceed? Yes No View Certificate. The certificate f...

Need Advise for Two Email Domains
Hello-- We currently receive email to our domain "abc.com" and want to eventually switch over to another domain we own, "xyz.net." For about three months, we want to receive email to both domains until our members get used to the new address. I added an MX and Host A record in our DNS server and we get email internally to the new "xyz.net" address. I contacted our ISP that hosts our website and had them create a new MX record with the new domain there, but we still cannot get email sent to the "xyz.net" address that is sent from the outside. Ca...

export email address'
Greetings, Any one know of a way to export email adress' of my customers? Seems that RMS can export limited info. JVM You can either modify the customer list report yourself and add Email as another column or download the Customer List with Email Address from the CusotmerSource Reports Library. http://tinyurl.com/ntuz8 Rob "lax guy" <lax guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF3E34A9-1721-4A91-9792-4D6D8A68AC8C@microsoft.com... > Greetings, > Any one know of a way to export email adress' of my customers? > Seems that RMS can export limited ...

Re: Add email address to outlook
Ben, Thanks for the reply. When I right click on the sender's name I don't have the option to "add sender to address book". Is there a way to add it. I did have that option when I used Outlook Express. thank you ...

Can't Open Calendar
Hello, User can not view her own calendar. The right pane says folder can not be displayed. Also, there is no checkbox next to her "My Calendar" only a small calendar icon. In addition, if she opens a shared calendar (also just has calendar icon, no checkbox), she can then go back to her calendar that now has a checkbox and open it. I don't understand why she has to go through all of these extras steps just to open her calendar. When she closes Outlook or goes back to her mail view, her calendar goes back to having the calendar icon and no checkbox and she can not op...

How to accept emails for non-exchange users?
When just using the IIS SMTP server, all emails coming in to invalid users at my.domain got put in the drop folder. We had another email system that would look in the drop folder for those .eml files and process them seperately. Now that we've switched to Exchange, any email that comes in for a recipient on my.domain that is not an exchange user is bounced. How can I get it to behave the same as the IIS SMTP server and drop emails not deliverable to exchange users in the drop or bad folder so my other system can grab them? - In Recipient Policy, uncheck "this Exchange Org...

Can you store clipboard text and pick it up by copy it again?
I have a catch 22 - impossible actions here: A/ I want to have the sheet protected so users can't ruin all cells in the sheet B/ I have to Unprotect the sheet in the sub event Worksheet_Activate to be able to do some format macros C/ I want users to allow to copy text from one sheet and paste in this one. D/ The clipboard wipes out by the Unprotect command E/ The user have nothing to paste in... Is there a solution? /Regards --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------- Earl Kiosterud wrote: --------------- Imbecill, CutCopyMode gets turned...

SIGNATURE to all of outgoing emails
Dear All I`d like to add a message text as a signature to all of outgoing emails from my Exchange 2000 server please let me know if its possible to do it in server not a client like outlook any hints appreciated Regards Joupin www.joupin.com You can do it within Exchange using an event sink, but generally it's considered easier and also more reliable to get something like www.exclaimer.co.uk to do it for you. >-----Original Message----- >Dear All > >I`d like to add a message text as a signature to all of outgoing emails from >my Exchange 2000 server >please let ...

Is the MSCRM3 can be integrated with another CTI / ERP system? Is it possible?
Dear All, Now our management wants to do the resource integration. So They wants the MSCRM3 system to integrated with another CTI / ERP system. Is it possible? Or any interface and data export function can let us to make a little program to read data from MSCRM3. And then put the data into our new CTI/ERP system? For example: XML export function? Or anothers? Thanks, Benny Ng Hello Benny, CRM 3.0 expose the internal data via WebServices so you can read and write into CRM. see Microsoft CRM 3.0 SDK at : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9c178b68-3a06...

trouble sending large files
I am having trouble in outlook express 6 sending large files. When I say large I mean a half meg or larger. The send bar will go to about 99% and then just stay idle at that point. Eventually I get an error message that says it has stopped responding and asks what I would like to do. Continue trying or stop. No matter which I pick it stays the same. Then I find out it sends multiple copies for each time I try to stop it. This can be very annoying to my friends who have a dial-up. Any suggestions? Are your using a dialup or broadband (cable/dsl) account? If broadband, are you behind a...

can outlook be set to not display pictures
When outlook, (office 2000) is downloading messages, I have the preview pane open. As probably everyone gets, I am getting multiple messages that are spam, and mostly sex crap with naked pictures embedded in the message. So once the message is clicked on, the preview pane shows whatever is in the message, including the pictures. I wouldn't complain if they were half decent looking, but that's another story. Is there a way to not display pictures in the preview pane? I've got 2003 so not sure if it's the same in 2000 - but.. Tools>Options>Security>Change Auto...

Security Certificate Can't be Verified
When I try to get my e-mails from imap.aol.com, I get an error message stating, "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that can not be verified." When I view the security certificate, the software states, "Windows does not have enough information to verify this certificate." The message states that the certificate is issued to imap.mail.aol.com. What can I do to avoid this message? Other people have suggested that I install a new certificate, such as by doing something at the "cpanel login." But I don't know how to do this...

Can I copy formulas "as they are" when they are not static
Hi, I have numerous cells with formulas in them, and I would like to transfer them to other location without formulas changing. They need to be dynamic before and after, but not during this transfer Don't ask me why ;-) -Sirritys Find and replace all "=" with "~", move and change back -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Sirritys" <aki.koikkalainen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1154937837.006411.154950@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... | Hi, | | I have numerous cells with formulas in them, and I would like to | transfer them to...

How do I transfer email data from WinXp to Windows 7
I just set up a new computer with Windows 7 and need to transfer my email folders and emails contained therein from my old computer which has outlook express in WinXP. I would prefer to transfer the data with a USB flash drive as I have no cables or other perhipherals to utilize another method. I've checked the internet and tried several methods suggested therein but nothing has worked. Moreover, theres no reference with regard to transferring from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail (Windows 7), if that has any bearing on my ability to effect the transfer. This may not b...

Can't get install to launch anymore
Hi, I had tried to do install earlier today of the CRM server. The install failed at some point where it seemed like it was trying to put data in the database. Everything seemed to be installed but I could not get access to the application. I tried to uninstall, this failed with an error of not much description. i wanted to try and re-install, but it could not get started, it was complaining that it get not determine my account name. I thought I polluted the system with all the other stuff that was going on, so I formated and started from scratch. I am not back to the point where I can in...

refresh Workplace screen or notify when new email
Our users are complaining that they don't know when new email comes into CRM. Has anybody found a good workaround? Maybe an automatic screen refresh or some sort of notification? I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks. ...

sending document content to excel to open it
Hi! I'd like to write an application that stores excel-sheets in a database. Now I need to open that document, but i don't want to buffer it on the harddisc, because that's confidental data. Thanks for support Joe ...

How can I print samples of all the fonts on my PC?
I would like to print all the fonts on my PC. Is this possible? Yes, there are several Word macros available that will let you do that or you could just find a nice font manager that would show you a sample. If you are anything like me (an admtted font-aholic) you would end up with more than 100 pages of fonts and then you'll fnd even more fonts you want. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAED0BBD-3B9C-4088-A5B1-DD0CF059...

How I can set highlighted active cell in row & colmun cross
I want to set active cell highlighted in row & colmun cross as it was possible in Lotus 123. Is it possible? if yes, how is it? Option Explicit '---------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) '---------------------------------------------------------------- Cells.FormatConditions.Delete With Target With .EntireRow .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE" With .FormatConditions(1) With .Borders(xlTop) ...

Sends mail but stays in outbox?
Hi. I have 6 e-mails in my outbox that keep being sent, but stay in my outbox. I cannot delete them, they are always there. When i compose a new e-mail it adds to this list. Everytime I close outlook the "you have messages in your outbox. Do you want to send them know" message pops up. I am using outlook express 2003 on a POP3 account with Windows XP. Please help. Thanks, Sean There is no such beast as Outlook Express 2003. It is either Outlook = 2003 or Outlook Express (version 5 or 6). If Outlook Express, This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 = from the Office fam...

how can I find the nearest figure?
Hi, I have a list of numbers on column A:A with associated text on column B:B I am doing calculations on another Sheet and come up with a number. I want to compare this number with the Sheet1 A:A column numbers and find the closest number to it amongst then. Then I need to find the associated text for this on Sheet1's B:B text. Any ideas how to achieve this? Thanks Martyn Vlookup should do the job. E.g =VLOOKUP(100,$A$1:$B$500,2) In the above example you numbers would be in Column A and sorted in Ascending order. ***** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training & ...