+ (in a box) to the left of the "from" field on email

I hit ctrl and an h and this + (in a box) appreard to the left of my from
field.  It then posts all future emails to that original one with the  + and
box.  How do I get rid of the + and box?

"KFDUTCH" <KFDUTCH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I hit ctrl and an h and this + (in a box) appreard to the left of my from
> field.  It then posts all future emails to that original one with the  +
> and
> box.  How do I get rid of the + and box?

Alt V V G.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

mac
3/26/2010 5:49:12 PM
Thanks Mac-worked great!
--
kfdutch

> Thanks Mac-worked great!
> --
> kfdutch

Good to hear, do the same key strokes and it will come back :-)

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

mac
3/26/2010 6:02:26 PM
"KFDUTCH" <KFDUTCH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I hit ctrl and an h and this + (in a box) appreard to the left of my from
> field.  It then posts all future emails to that original one with the  +
> and
> box.  How do I get rid of the + and box?

0
msnbc

List the UNIQUE certain fields from the database
Dear Experts, Please help related to the above subject. From this discussion, got the following formula which is work well and faster for small of database. =OFFSET($G$1,MATCH(0,MMULT(--TRANSPOSE(TRANSPOSE(DATA)=I$1:I1),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))/ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))),0)-1,0,1,1) where $G$1, the first row of DATA. how to convert it to VBA as this time i have a huge database. for Tab Data, Advanced, Unique Record only (works well also, but i need the VBA). basically we would like to do similar like this: Data Sample Vendor Name A B...

Exchange problem while emailing from TS
I have a published application via TS and Citrix Metaframe XPe. OCCASSIONALY, when a message is sent from MAPI client configured in the TS environment (Outlook 2003) it will change the SMTP address, by concatinanting the address. For example: user@domain.com is the intended address, when I look at the Message Tracking Center on the Exchange Server it's attempting to send to user@domain.com:USER@DOMAIN.COM. Where is the :USER@DOMAIN.COM, which is being added to the end of the SMTP coming from ? ...

Transferring the text of an email from notebook to desktop?
I can access files from my notebook on my desktop via my wireless connection. I have Office 2007 on both machines. What would be the best way to access the text of an email on the notebook from my desktop. Would (can) the context of the email in outlook on the notebook be copied or transferred to a file that I can access from my desktop? Any help would be very much appreciated Jerry You could open the Outlook PST on the notebook from Outlook on the Desktop using File | Open ... (ensure you are sharing the folder the Outlook PST is in). Only Outlook on the Notebook could be open at ...

Reply to emails uses the contact primary email not the sent from e
Hi, We have encountered a problem with MSCRM when replying to an incoming email. The email must be resolved to a contact record (either automatically by recognition of a unique email address or manually) in order to reply. When the reply is sent, it is sent to the default (primary) email address for the Contact and not to the email address that the customer sent the original email from! There doesnt appear to be any way to select an alternative email address. Has anyone come across this problem before? If so, any advice on how to proceed? (We dont really want to overwrite the primary ...

Remove blank entries from a list box either using VBA or basic formula
Hi. I've got a spead sheet that asks the user to enter details of worker onto one sheet. ie. Surname.............First Name............Age.........etc.etc. This data is then used in a few pivot table reports. One pivot table simply lists the workers full names for entry int another sheer. The cells asking for the name are have a validation setting to listbox. The only problem I have is that the list box range is predetermined but the list may be from 1 names to 150 names. When entering the name into the new sheet using the dropdown box, i shows all blanks as well as the names ente...

Special characters in CRM emails to/from Lotus Notes ?
Hi, I sent email to contact from MS CRM (with icelandic characters). When viewing in Lotus Notes client all Icelandic characters are changed? I recall this is a known issue right? Any solution to this ? Regards, Siggi Hi, We work with Microsoft couple month about this problem because, we use french accent. It's a unicode format problem. And they never foud a solution, they address a call to hotmail (same problem with them), it's suppose to fix that for hotmail but we can't do anyting for other provider like Lotus Note and Netscape Email. We found a workaround with Linux sy...

passing data from external app into field
We have a standalone tool (.exe) that came with our license manager (Elan) that we use for the software we develop. With this tool, we enter in all of the customer/license criteria, and it returns a string that we use for the license key. Unfortunately, we have to enter this twice; once in the crm, then again in the tool to generate the key, followed by cutting and pasting the string into the field in the CRM. I'm looking for a way to streamline this process. I figure I can extract the information via T-SQL or stored procedures, but am unsure of how it would be best to place tha...

Protecting emails etc from archiving
Hi all, Does anyone know of a way of protecting a given email from ever being archived so that when archiving is run the emails or whatever stay behind? Any version of Outlook. Thanks, Dan Danny J <youhavegottobekidding@nospam.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of a way of protecting a given email from ever being > archived so that when archiving is run the emails or whatever stay > behind? Any version of Outlook. Not an individual message, no, except by modifying it (since archiving uses the modification date) or by moving it into a folder that's not archived. -- B...

Company Logo Disappears from HTML Email
8o Here is something strange. I have a problem with my Company logo disappearing upon sending out emails through an HTML format. I have several other employees who have the same issue. If the receiving party views them, it is displayed with a red X. In my sent box it is the same way. I have verified my settings in Outlook on the Automatic Download picture settings, and all others with same issue. It is all opened. Any ideas what could be killing it? Any suggestions? ...

Cannot download email from Server
Hi I have just upgraded to Outlook from Outlook Express. When I send / receive the mail on the server is shown but, with the internet still connected, when I try to move the mail to my Inbox an error message is shown telling me to click on FILE, then click CONNECT TO MSN. how can I configure outlook to be connected to msn all the time like it used to be in express ? another strange thing is that if I am not connected to the internet and send a new email it goes stright into the sent folder and does not sit in the outbox waiting to go? Any ideas ? Thanks Chris You did not state wha...

Exchange 2003
I have a web/email server running Windows 2003 Enterprise Server with Exchagne 2003 and we host email for multiple clients. I can't find a way to have their real name display on email in Exchange clients in the same network (or web mail). I had to be able to have two or more users with the name 'Chris Miller'. I thought that by using a naming convention on the username (ie cmpChrisMiller) and then putting in Chris Miller for first and last name would accomplish this, but that is not the case. When I tried that, it said the name was already in use. So I conclude that a unique u...

Domains rejected email from Exchange2k3
All mail getting sent to earthlink is being rejected. I am getting " There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <mail3.stewartmg.com #5.5.0 smtp;550- EarthLink does not recognize your computer (66.147.139.252) as connecting from an EarthLink connection. If this is in error, please contact technical support.>" I have perform a NS LOOKUP and it my MX records are good with reverse lookups. My FQDN is not the same as my Windows Name, I am not sure that is the problem. But, I figu...

Mobile number from 3 fields
I have a customer table that has 3 field for contact numbers, so are a mixture of mobile number and Land line number I would like a way to find out if any of the fields have a mobile number so any number starting with 07 and remove any space and dispay it in a text feild on a form I need the mobile number for sending auto text messages Thanks veyr much for your help On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:21:45 -0700 (PDT), Simon <S.Dickson@shos.co.uk> wrote: >I have a customer table that has 3 field for contact numbers, so are a >mixture of mobile number and Land line number >...

Showing attachments when printing emails from Outlook 2002, XP
Problem - When printing emails from Outlook XP that have attachments - sometimes the attachments show up and sometimes they don't ! When I say 'show up' I mean that the attachment name is printed, or sometimes an Icon for the attachment is printed and sometimes not. What is most bizzare is that it is not consistent, sometimes Word Documents show up as Word Icons, sometimes as document.doc names, sometimes no mention of an attachment at all ! I have tried to find a pattern but can not discern one at all. Emails that are forwarded seem to suffer just as much randomness as em...

From Field
Hi All, Am encountering strange issue: anyone can send e-mail in any other name, just he has to put in the "from" field the name of any sender he wants and then the e-mail is sent in that name. Please let me know if there is any remedy. I have Exchange 2003 enterprise edition. Regards E2k out of the box doesn't allow this, so it sounds like someone may have mistakenly added users to a group they shouldn't belong to, or has granted service-level permissions in Exchange to a group that shouldn't be in there. First, find out what groups these users belong to. See wh...

Emailing from a query 02-08-08
Could someone please lead me in the right direction to get instruction on how to do the following (NOTE: I have both Outlook 2007 and Access 2007 loaded on my machine): I have a query that pulls certain contacts based on a set of criteria. The data results can be anywhere between 10-250 contacts. I want to be able to trigger an email to go out to those contacts from the query. How would I do this? Thanks! Robert Queries don't have events so they are not capable of doing this. You need vba code that reads through the recordset created by the query and sends the desired email...

Addingfrom field with drop down list to message
In outlook express on an outgoing message I saw a "from" field with a drop down list so that I could choose which email domain to use to send the message. Having converted to outlook 2000 the from field does not appear in new messages. Is there an easy way to add this in? I have looked at designing a new form and can add the from field and associated text box but can I add the drop down list with my various email addresses to choose between? I realise I can use the optionsmenu to change which email address I send from but this is a pain each time! No. Outlook doesn't s...

How to mass add email address from emails in a folder
Hi there, On my website I have a form for users to enter there email address so that they can be kept up to date with things that go on with the site. The form then emails there email address to me, and I have been keeping these email addresses in a folder in Outlook. I now have almost 3000 email addresses but dont know how to get there email address easily into a group. Is there a tool for Outlook to let me do this? Cheers, Steve --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.501 / Virus Database: 299 - Release Date: 14/...

Value copied based on choosen value from combo box
I do have two sheets SheetA and SheetB SheetA 111 100 222 200 333 300 444 400 SheetB Consists of combo box for 1st column. After choosing value, the corresponding value in the neighboring column from sheetA is copied. 333 X 222 X 444 X Sample: 444 400 What is the formula is the X cells, it should be with MATCH or COUNT / COUNTIF but I cannot get the right formula. Bart Excel 2003 How to have a value being copied to another sheet? Hi One way, in cell B2 of Sheet2 =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$1;$B$100,2,0) copy down as far as required. Change the range A1:B100 to includ...

Disappearing emails from a shared mailbox
I set up a shared mailbox for one of our departments, and last night, when the mail user of it closed Outlook, the mails disappeared from the mailbox. I have logged directly onto the mailbox myself, and the historical mails are definitely not there. I have checked each users deleted items, and used the deleted items recovery tool in case one of them accidentally deleted the mails. all to no avail. whilst we can revoer from a backup tape, i would like to get to the bottom of how this has happened. has anyone had the same problem before? Check to see if 1 of the users had a archive or P...

How do I show email details i.e. From and To in Activities view
The Account and Contact records have the Activities and History details on the left, this uses the Activity pointer info which shows email, letters, faxes etc. This is fine but they would really like to see details relating to emails i.e. the From field. Could it be done by creating a new menu item on the left or even an iframe on a new tab within the Account record? We would also like to know if there is a way to show From and To for Activities that are Emails in the Activities and History views. It's difficult to always have to open the Activity to see who sent and received ...

How do I link from Publisher email newsletter (pg 1) to a second p
I created a link in page one of a Publisher email newsletter to a pdf file of a coupon, but it didn't open the pdf when emailed to other receipients. When I create a page two and insert the coupon (now converted to a .bmp) it shows as embedded in Graphics Manager -- but how can I create a link in page one that will take you to page two to the coupon? Are you using Acrobat? Are you sending the email newsletter as a PDF attachment? If you are sending the email HTML the PDF will be an attachment if your recipient doesn't have HTML email enabled as well as any images that are in the...