Sound Services Won't Start

Using Vista x64, HP Pavillion, 8G RAM.  The other day the audio
services would not start.

 The "Audio Endpoint Builder" service doesn't start, even in manual.
Gives me the error message 0x80070003:  The system cannot find the
path specified.  The path is C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k
LocalSystemNetworkRestricted

Since the "Windows Audio" service depends on the audio builder, it
won't start either.  The sound card is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Google doesn't provide any help.

Does anyone know what might be the cause of this and how to force
these services to start?  Or am I in a position where I have to
reinstall the operating system?

Thanks.

James
0
James
5/29/2010 12:36:47 PM
windows.vista.hardware_devices 178 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Sat, 29 May 2010 07:36:47 -0500, James@nowhere.com wrote:

>Using Vista x64, HP Pavillion, 8G RAM.  The other day the audio
>services would not start.
>
> The "Audio Endpoint Builder" service doesn't start, even in manual.
>Gives me the error message 0x80070003:  The system cannot find the
>path specified.  The path is C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k
>LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
>
>Since the "Windows Audio" service depends on the audio builder, it
>won't start either.  The sound card is Realtek HD Audio Manager.
>
>Google doesn't provide any help.
>
>Does anyone know what might be the cause of this and how to force
>these services to start?  Or am I in a position where I have to
>reinstall the operating system?
>
>Thanks.
>
>James

Forgot to say the operating system is Vista Home Premium.
0
James

Boot-start of system driver(s) failed to load
My event log keeps showing error 7026, The following boot-start or system start driver(s) failed to load ftsata2. Could someone please help me with this? ...

Excel Add-In for SQL Server Analysis Services Error -- Need Help
I have the add-in installed and it was working. However, lately I keep getting an error stating: Excel Add-in for Analysis Services has not been initialized I have uninstalled and reinstalled but no luck. Anyone help out here? Alan ...

Start over?
I keep having to add an adjustment each month to get account to balance. I cannot find my accounting error. Since my Money 2006 balance does not match the banks, I am thinking about archiving the account and starting over. Does anyone have a better suggestion, please. Dazed and Confused In microsoft.public.money, The Weaze wrote: >I keep having to add an adjustment each month to get account to balance. I >cannot find my accounting error. Since my Money 2006 balance does not match >the banks, I am thinking about archiving the account and starting over. >Does anyone have...

Can't start Money: Error on file "mnyob99.dll"
My OS is WinXP Home Ed. I just bought Money 2004 Standard. After installation, I tried to start the application but an error occured and shut it down. Error Msg: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mnyob99.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 000dc6e5 Does anyone know how to overcome this? Thanks. Patrick Try the instructions in the article below to Modify the Shortcut: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;181008&Product=mny "Patrick" <cwt@idirect.ca> wrote in message news:03f101c3b253$ddb65690$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My OS is WinXP ...

Start a file at a defaulted worksheet/cell?
Howdy, Having a few users to a file, can I have the file open to a default worksheet/cell as I have directions I want them to read before playing... Regards, Kevin Kevin, use something like this, put in thisworkbook code Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets("Sheet2").Select Range("C3").Select End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 97 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "...

cluster service account
The account of exchange 2003 services (imap, pop, system attendant..etc), must be local system or cluster service account?! Local System ...

Can XIRR start with a "0" in the first period
I am having issues calculating XIRR. When my first cash flow is 0, I get an error message, even though a regular IRR calc allows a 0 in the first period. Is this just the way XIRR works or is there a way I can get around it? Thanks for you help. carlsondaniel@gmail.com wrote: > I am having issues calculating XIRR. When my first cash flow is 0, I > get an error message, even though a regular IRR calc allows a 0 in the > first period. Is this just the way XIRR works or is there a way I can > get around it? This appears to be a defect in the XIRR algorithm. As you noted, IRR wo...

Populate customer through web services
I am trying to import a customer record through dynamics web services and have the following questions: 1. How do I get the customer class information to default for the customer. I am passing in the customer class and the class field populates on the customer but the class information does not default. There is a behaviour on the create customer but it is of type internal. If I change the behaviour on the policy, the customer does not import at all. 2. How do I get the address on the customer card to be imported. I can get the customer addresses to be imported into Great Plains but no...

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException
Has anyone tried the Samples that come with the Webservices install? Has anyone else received this error with the Samples or does anyone know what is causing it? "System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> An exception occurred that the exception subsystem was unable to log. Consult your System Administrator.\r\n at CustomerUpdate.WebServiceManager.GetAllCompanies() in C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Dynamics\\GPWebServicesSDK\\v9\\Samples\\UpdateCustomers\\CustomerUpdate\\WebServiceManager.cs:line 108\r\n at CustomerUpdate.Custom...

Money 2006, QFX & 2 Years Online Services
I am thinking about moving from Quicken 2002 to Mny 2006. My Banks provide QFX files. The way I've been using these is to logon to their web sites directly, download and save the qfx files, then double-click on them to open Quicken and import. I've tested opening the files with Mny06 and it seems to work ok. So, will I be able to continue doing this even after the 2 years of online services expire? I don't seem to be using any of their services with what I do. Thanks very much. Yes, you will. you just won't get the msn updates like quotes and automatic downloads. "pl...

MS Outlook will not start
Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Recreate your mailprofile in Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles... -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Damian ten Bohmer" <damiantenbohmer@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:...

How to verify if Service Pack installed in Exchange Server
I am not able to find if Exchange Service pack installed in Blackberry server through ESM, Is there any way to check if SP is installed ?? Thanks in Advance.. -- Regards Sanjay Kumar On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:46:31 -0800, Sanjay Kumar <SanjayKumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am not able to find if Exchange Service pack installed in Blackberry >server through ESM, Is there any way to check if SP is installed ?? > >Thanks in Advance.. Look in ESM, go down to "Servers" and look in the right pane. You will see all the servers there, together with what t...

Reporting Services error when reinstalling DPM 07
I'm in the process of upgrading DPM 2007 to 2010. I did the O/S upgrade from 2003 to 2008 Server. Now I'm trying to re-install DPM 2007 and I can't get past the prerequisite check. The error is below: Setup has detected that the installation of Reporting Services is not correctly configured or no instance of Reporting Services is linked to of SQL Server. 1)To use the local dedicated MS$DPM2007$ instance with DPM, uninstall SQL Server and run setup again. 2)To use the option of installing DPM with an existing instance of SQL Server, make sure that the Reporting ...

Garbled Sound
What's goin on? When I'm playing tunes, whenever some program is having any activity at all, my WMP11 tracks are all garbled! Are you running Windows Vista? Does the following link help you out? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/How-do-I-stop-my-music-from-skipping-or-breaking-up-when-I-play-it Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk DavotheHippie wrote: > What's goin on? When I'm playing tunes, whenever some program is having any > activity at all, my WMP11 tracks are all garbled! ...

USB KVM's always plays 'Device Connect' sound
It appears that USB KVM's with Audio support always make Windows XP computers play the 'Device Connect' sound when you switch between computers. Does anyone know of a USB KVM with Audio that can properly emulate the USB connection to the inactive computer, so that the 'device connect' event doesn't occur when switching between computers? <prubin@equilter.com> wrote in message news:293fbb08-74eb-4b65-8807-1c43540b4c88@o10g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > It appears that USB KVM's with Audio support always make Windows XP > computers play the &...

Workflow Manager cannot start
I'm trying to allow a new employee access to edit workflows. I've copied: Microsoft.Crm.dll Microsoft.Crm.Tools.WorkflowLibrary.dll Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.dll Microsoft.Crm.Tools.WorkflowManager.exe Microsoft.Crm.Tools.WorkflowMonitor.exe With these files, everything runs fine from my workstation. However, on his machine he gets this error: --------------------------- Microsoft CRM Workflow Manager --------------------------- Workflow Manager cannot start. This could be because the workflow configuration file is corrupted, or the Microsoft CRM Workflow Service cannot access...

ISE will not start on XP SP3
I'm trying to learn PS and have installed v2 CTP3 on my Windows XP SP3 system. It seemed to go on fine. When I try to launch PowerShell ISE it just starts and dies within a couple seconds. It does not even become visible. I have to catch it in Process Explorer just to see that it even launched. The Windows PowerShell V2 (CTP) prompt starts just fine. There are no entries in any event log indicating that I even attempted to start it. I am logged on as an administrator. Any ideas? Thanks, Tom On 1/11/2010 1:57 PM, Tom K wrote: > I'm trying to learn ...

Pull report from start and end date
Hello, On my form I have a Start Date field and a End Date field to represent the start and end of monthly premium coverage. The problem I am having is, how do I pull a report using the start date and end date when they are two different fields? I am use to the beginning and end date being from one field not two so I am totally lost. If this can be accomplished, any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!!! Stockwell43 wrote: >On my form I have a Start Date field and a End Date field to represent the >start and end of monthly premium coverage. The problem I am having is, how do ...

Network Password entered each time Outlook starts
I have Office XP Pro with Outlook 2002 and EVERY time I start up Outlook it asks me to enter my Network Password. I do and check the box to remember my password but is shows up again next time. Anyone know how to get it to accept the password? I had Office 97 and Outlook 97 before and never had this problem. I have already installed Office XP Service Packs 1 & 2. brunyon@knoxy.net If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, then see if this article addresses your problem OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP...

Can't open this item. The end date you entered occurs before the start date.
Hi, Everytime I open Outlook 2000 I get a calender pop-up. When I Dismiss it I get a message such as the above and the next time I open Outlook it appears again. I can't see it in the Calender unless I change the view to "By category". I can't delete it or change the date in this view. I just keep getting the above message (see subject line). I tried /cleanreminders and the MS article about Daylight savings but neither work. How do I get rid of this message? I do have a Pocket PC and probably the error occured during a Sync (i have different time zones). ...

Start-up worksheet!?
Hello basically I would, each time i open my spreadsheet model for the worksheet i wont to pop up, and from there i can navigate easily to the other worksheets by buttons, how can i make a worksheet to pop up like this everytime i open the file....? Thanks From John -- Neo1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30329 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=515098 Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate End Sub ...

4.0 Workflow
I am trying to setup a workflow to send an email when an Account record gets deleted. I want to include the name of the Company in the email and who deleted it. The workflow fires, but always has a Status of Waiting because it says "The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it". The reason this happens, I am assuming, is that the record has already been deleted so data from the record cannot be included in the email. Is there a way I can accomplish what I want? Workflow plugins are asynchronous so by the time you get to the databas...

Service Calendar 02-22-06
Is there a way to print the Service Calendar? Either by day, week, or month, or in any fashion at all? Why doesn't the Service Calendar show in the Outlook Client? And, if I have the Outlook client loaded and Outlook launched, the Servcie Calendar doesn't show up in the Web client. Thanks! Service Calendar UI doesn't show up in the UI by design. The interface doesn't play well in the reduced space that Outlook gives us and adds another logical "Calendar". That can be changed, however, by manipulating the sitemap outlook properties. Just make sure not ...

Starting Outlook from Cmd Line
When Outlook 2003 starts, by my preference, it prompts me for whether I want to Connect to Exchange or Work Offline. Is there a way to start Outlook so that the response to this is embedded in the command line. Can't seem to find a switch that applies. -- ------------------- Dave Brandman Atlanta, GA No, there's no switch for that. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Dave Brandman" <davebrandman@no.spam.me.comcast....

Request for Microsoft reply: Default start page feature missing??
When you go Tools > Options > General Tab, there is no section to change the defual start page. When using the help function within the box "Set Personal Options Form" the very first help topic is "Set start page and view options" this clearly talks about a Default Pane. I was first alerted to the supposed availability of this feature in the book "Working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 by Mike Snyder Page 193. Does anyone else get this section in the General tab? Is it a bug in my installation? Did Microsoft leave it out? ---------------- This po...