Reading news

Hi wondering if Ishould be using Window Mail, one of the web-base email
program,or just use a web brower. What do you think?

0
Torres
5/30/2010 7:35:04 PM
windows.vista.hardware_devices 178 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I think you should use a Web Browser
since
all MS newsgroups are being shut down...
the only access will be with a web browser

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

"Torres K" <maria.ibon@ymail.com> wrote in message
> Hi wondering if Ishould be using Window Mail, one of the web-base email
> program,or just use a web brower. What do you think?

0
peter
5/30/2010 10:41:27 PM
In article <8545E4D9-EC0F-437A-9674-228750AD945F@microsoft.com>,
peter@nowhere.net says...

> I think you should use a Web Browser
> since
> all MS newsgroups are being shut down...
> the only access will be with a web browser
>
> peter

Not exactly, there already existed local nntp2html bridges:
2 MS bridges, 1 for answers and 1 for the rest,

but I recommend Community Forums NNTP bridge

http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/

Current features

    * Replaces the MS NNTP Bridge completely
    * Unifies the access to scocial and answers forms to a single NNTP
server (no two servers needed!)
    * Autologin and Autominimize
    * Displays your email address, if you have configured your username
and email (will allow Ctrl-H to work in WLM)
    * X-Face support for MVPs, Microsofties and Admins
    * Encodes Subject/From only, if non-ASCII characters are present
    * MessageId contains a valid domain name
    * The message/thread URL of the forum will be submitted in the X-
Comments header, so you can directly go to the web page
    * Converts "http(s)" links into html links, if posted in plain/text
    * Supports the conversion of html-web-articles into plain/text
articles for your newsreader
    * Thunderbird can display the article source code ;)
    * Many tracing options to see the newsclients messages/responses
    * You can extend the "CommunityForumsNNTPServer.ArticleConverter"
without the LiveID SDK; for compiling the whole source code, you need
to download and install the Windows Live ID Client 1.0 SDK

--
Poutnik
The best depends on how the best is defined.

i cannot clear"read only" from CD-RW disc
I am using Excel on Windows XP Home Edition, putting info onto a CD-RW Disc. I have been able add info up till now, but now for whatever reason it wll not save new info. I get a "read only" message. I have tried to clear the "read only" status through File, Properties, General and Clear but it will not hold Luigi wrote: > I am using Excel on Windows XP Home Edition, putting info onto a CD-RW Disc. > I have been able add info up till now, but now for whatever reason it wll not > save new info. I get a "read only" message. I have tried to clear the &q...

Personal folder read problem
I have .pst file that is 333MB and when I add it as a data file and see what is inside it only shows 65 k with one folder. The user who had this said he came in the next day and most of the folders were gone and the folder size showed 65kb but when browse to file it is 333 MB any ideas also he said today his things in his calender is gone Try running the Inbox Repair Tool against your .PST file to see if it finds any errors. Search your drive for a file called scanpst.exe and run it. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- pl...

read file from excel
hi, i am triyng to read from excel file when i run the program i get error: "user defined type not defined" Private Sub import_data_Click() Dim xlApp As Excel.Application Dim xlSht As Excel.Worksheet Dim xlRng As Excel.Range thanks. hi, SIN wrore: > i am triyng to read from excel file when i run the program i get error: > "user defined type not defined" > Dim xlApp As Excel.Application You need to set a reference to the Excel Library as you are using early binding, so that the compiler can work type safe with these objects. In the release version you should ...

read receipt request
I have OL2000 and Exchange 2000 server. My clients are all CW. I want to configure a "Never send a response" whenever an incoming email is requesting a "read receipt". When i go to Tools>options>preferences>email options>tracking options, the options for sending a response are all greyed out. Is there any way i can enable them without configuing an IMO..or probably is there something i can do in the exchange server to configure this? pls help ..thanks On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 00:34:41 -0800, microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect wrote: > I have OL2000 and Exch...

Hiding read messages
I recently installed Windows 7 and am fairly new to Windows Live Mail. In Windows Mail I was able to cause it to hide read messages in newsgroups. Is it possible to do this in Windows Live Mail? Regards Chris Saunders On the Menu Bar, View | Show Or Hide. If the Menu Bar is not enabled, the Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus button to the left of the Help button and enable the Menu Bar. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Chris Saunders" <evas@mountaincable.net> wrote in m...

Outlook 2003 News

Need to restore News capability
I was trying to set up a new machine to handle newsgroups. In using the create new button function I could not drag "News" to the GO function as instructed... tried it half a dozen times and it just wouldn't take. Then I got the bright idea to drag News to the opened GO tab directly and it worked fine. After setting up the group I wanted I posted a question to it and logged off. When I turned the computer back on, the News function was not in the GO menu and it was not in the create buttons section either. Does anyone have a clue where it might have gone or if I need...

Read Receipt Header not being sent
Here is the issue: If I send from the internet requesting a read receipt to our Exchange 2000 and our Exchange 2003 org, it works with no issue, but when I send to our Exchange 5.5 org, it does not work. Now. When I look at the message header on the 5.5 account I do see the "Disposition-notification-to" field on the message I sent from the net so its not being stripped. Whats even more wierder is when I send from the 5.5 account to the net with read receipt. Instead of the field saying "Disposition-notification-to", it says "Delivery-receipt-to" and it d...

new mail marked as read
outlook 2000, some, not all, new mail is marked as read (not highlighted) when arriving in mailbox. Did something get turned on? or turned off? not in offline. ...

Outlook Hangs Reading Messages

I lost my NEWS tool button for Outlook 2003
I lost my NEWS tool button. I have tried to find it but no luck. I have done a repair and its still missing. Not on my tool bar or my Custom panel anywhere. "Ray Hodil" wrote: > I lost my NEWS tool button. I have tried to find it but > no luck. I have done a repair and its still missing. Not > on my tool bar or my Custom panel anywhere. > > "Ray Hodil" wrote: > I lost my NEWS tool button. I have tried to find it but > no luck. I have done a repair and its still missing. Not > on my tool bar or my Custom panel anywhere. > > ...

Contacts marked as Read only
When you try and edit a contact with in a public folder the contact is marked as Read-Only. The users have -- pcampbell ...

Read File Properties
How would I read the file version properties of a standard DLL? In particular I need the company name property from VISA32.dll. VISA32.dll is a standardized Virtual Instrumentation Software Architecture function library that is published by several manufacturers. I need the manufacturer name of the *installed* library. David "David Youngblood" <dwy@flash.net> wrote in message news:%23oPqMidaKHA.4668@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How would I read the file version properties of a standard DLL? In > particular I need the company name property from VISA3...

I can write schema annotations but I can't read them...
I was wondering if anyone else had experienced a similar issue where it is possible to write xs:annotation elements to a schema (verified in the resulting document streamed to the filesystem) but I cannot read them when I System.Xml.Schema.Read() [static] the document back from the filesystem. It's like there not even there... but they are ?!? Rein A little more insight: I can read annotations with simple/sample schemas... the problem occurs with more elaborate schemas where the annotation is buried deep . Rein Rein, Can you post one of the schemas that you have problems with and y...

Plugin to read Magnetic stripe on driver's license
Anyone know of a plug-in to read, parse, and enter new customer data from a driver's license. Would also be great if it could match against existing customers. If this does not exist, and I set out to create such a plug-in I'd like to know how many people would find this useful, and I welcome comments on desireable features. -- It's said in Ireland that when a ship runs aground, the sea has spoken. Elypsis Software in Napa, CA, has such a module; I've not bought it myself but I have seen it in use at a winery. It works off the magnetic stripe used in many states. Note...

Excel 2003 Read Only Error
I saved two files to a floppy from Excel 2003. Simply did a Save As command and nothing else, not even changing the file name. I took these files to two different machines, one running Excel 2000 and the other Excel XP. Neither file would open. The error was Saved as Read Only. I don't even know how to save a file as Read Only. I brought the floppy back to the machine where the files were saved from. Now, one file will open and the second gives me the same Read Only error as I got on the other two machines. Any hint as to what is going on? Thanks.... Bishoop Your first mistake w...

filter read confirmation messages
Hi, I always request read confirmations when I send emails. However they cause a lot of extra emails in my inbox. How can I make a rule to put read confirmations in a separate folder? (since I don't have to check them always, only when I doubt that an email is received) Thanks! ...

reading inner html with xpath

Read Receipts on internal domain only??
I am running Exchange 2003 with clients using Outlook 2003. Is there any way to limit read receipts to the internal domain only. I want staff members to be able to utilize this functionality but not have our customers and clients being plagued with the annoyance of these receipts. I have gone into ESM -> Global Settings ->Internet Message Settings -> Default Properties. There is nothing in there to configure "read" receipts. I have disabled delivery receipts there though. Thanks in advance for the help. ...

Reading data into a 2 dimensional array
My original post on this appears to have disappeared, so here goes again. I want to do some complex analysis on some data in a spreadsheet. I would like to use a macro but don't know how to 'read' the data from the spreadsheet into a 2 dimensional array. Back in the old days of programming in GWBASIC, I would have used lines as follows : DIM TABLE(100,40) FOR I = 1 TO 100 : FOR J= 1 TO 4 READ TABLE(I,J) NEXT J: NEXT I I know that macros can handle FOR/NEXT loops but what about getting the data from a range say A1:D100 Thanks again in advance Under Pressu...

how to delete read-only opportunities and quotes
Hi all, Some of our users have entered CRM opportunity and quote records incorrectly. As the administrator I would like to correct this by deleting those records, but I can't as they're read-only. I suppose the way would be to to make the records writeable again and then delete them, e.g. by changing the status of the opportunity records into active (instead of closed) and the quote status into draft again. Is this the right way? If so, how can I achieve this? Or is there another (supported) way? Thank you for replying. ...

how do i publish a 3 page news letter in outlook from publisher
I want to create a news letter for email but when import it as a JPeg there are huge spaces between the pages Please help Download a free PDF converter, send your newsletter that way. Most, if not all, folks have the Acrobat reader. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+pdf+converter -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Wizard" <Wizard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB567FD4-E5A1-45D5-96DC-7AE1927DA5A7@microsoft.com... >I want to create a news letter for email but when import ...

Excel 97 file to be read in Works 7
My friend has Works 7 and I have Office 97 Pro. What is the best way to send her an Excel file so she can read it, modify the contents and send it back to me? Thanks "ゥョ" <news@kidsnews.au.org> wrote in message news:3f8ed492$0$115$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > My friend has Works 7 and I have Office 97 Pro. > What is the best way to send her an Excel file so she can read it, > modify the contents and send it back to me? > Thanks First, determine the most advanced data format that you can both save to. I suspect this is probably Works 4 or so. Then, ...