Overclocking Help

Hi guys,
I have an inspiron 1545 with a hd 4330 with 256 mb gddr3 VRAM.
I tried to extract the bios but GPU-Z said bios reading not supported i
heard somewhere that  pc manufacturers cuts of the read/write pins of
the GPU
Some gu ys told me that in some laptops the Video BIOS is a part of the
main
bios. If it is true what if I extract the video bios from my main bios
setup file &
after changing the clock speed reflash the main bios.By the way my bios
version is A14

--
nexusz
nexusz's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/204014.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
nexusz
5/8/2010 5:22:24 AM
windows.vista.hardware_devices 178 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 5/8/2010 1:22 AM, nexusz wrote:
> inspiron 1545
Overclocking a laptop such as this usually isn't worth the effort.
That aside, the GPU is not a high end GPU, and has enough memory to run
the usual non game applications, and some less demanding games, or games
at lower video resolution.

The general run of laptops have mfr specific BIOS, possibly drivers, and
sometimes mfr unique hardware. This makes many possible mods difficult
to impossible.
0
Chuck
5/10/2010 5:42:24 AM
hi chuck,
what you are saying is true.The bios and the multipliers are
hard locked But when i was using vista i somehow managed to find the PLL
an increase the FSB from 800 MHz to 850 MHz using clockgen & it was
stable.I know that wasn't an achievement but then i had my exams and
after it i forgot about the overclock and i reformatted my hdd &
installed windows 7.When i tried GTA 4  And ran benchmarking i got the
average FPS as 31.48 The setting:

Resolution: 1204 x 768
Shadows: Off

This is actually high for this laptop but need to overclock it badly i
dont even care frying the mobo. Currently my gpu is overclocked from 450
MHz Core to 550 Mhz & the maximum temps are 68 degrees when i played gta
4 non stop for 4-5 hours. Actually my dad told me to get a quad core but
i though this laotop was enough i think i am an idio So if i want to
upgrade can i atleast upgrade to processor to somthing like the t9000
series

--
nexusz
nexusz's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/204014.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-hardware-devices/1335105.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
nexusz
5/10/2010 1:04:31 PM
Laptops generally have the CPU installed rather permanently (Soldered Ball
Grid Array)

"nexusz" <nexusz.4asspc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> hi chuck,
> what you are saying is true.The bios and the multipliers are
> hard locked But when i was using vista i somehow managed to find the PLL
> an increase the FSB from 800 MHz to 850 MHz using clockgen & it was
> stable.I know that wasn't an achievement but then i had my exams and
> after it i forgot about the overclock and i reformatted my hdd &
> installed windows 7.When i tried GTA 4  And ran benchmarking i got the
> average FPS as 31.48 The setting:
>
> Resolution: 1204 x 768
> Shadows: Off
>
> This is actually high for this laptop but need to overclock it badly i
> dont even care frying the mobo. Currently my gpu is overclocked from 450
> MHz Core to 550 Mhz & the maximum temps are 68 degrees when i played gta
> 4 non stop for 4-5 hours. Actually my dad told me to get a quad core but
> i though this laotop was enough i think i am an idio So if i want to
> upgrade can i atleast upgrade to processor to somthing like the t9000
> series
>

> --
> nexusz
> nexusz's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/204014.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-hardware-devices/1335105.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Chuck
5/14/2010 10:20:34 AM
whats the Pll for the inspiron 1545 and how did you OC the 4330? I cant find the Pll I have a T6400 and i tried everything for the 4330.

ray02945

How do I send help link....?
Hi! How can I send a link that takes the person to the help file on their machine...of course I'm assuming that we all have the same Office suite installed and that the location of my help files are the same as the other persons. Am I clear? TIA Raymond ...

HELP scanpst.exe fails
Outlook 2000 fails to open and recommends running the inbox repair tool. When running the tool it fails and gives the following error message: An error has occurred which caused the scan to stop. No changes have been made to the scanned file. The .pst file is 1.96 GB. The mail is downaloaded from our ISP, so it resides only on the .pst. We need to resolve this problem ASAP. PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance, Emjay Your .PST file is dangerously close to the 2GB limit. If scanpst.exe isn't working, you may need to use the crop tool. Look here for the information you need to hopefull...

Can Anyone Help me?
Hi, I'm new to Pub 2003. I am creating an advert. I have used the rectangular 'auto-shape' and filled it with a transparent fade to black. Ofcourse it is very important that it is transparent, but when I come to print it, it appears as a solid rectangle. Does anyone know how to change this and basically print how you see it on the screen?? Many thanks, Ben Publisher has always had problems with transparency. Create your auto-shape with your preferred transparency. Right-click, save as picture. Choose .png. Re-insert into your publication. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mv...

outlook express frozen HELP!
when I click to reply to a sender, the reply box never pops up and outlook express becomes frozen so i do ctrl, alt delete and it says its not responding so i end task and try to reopen and it says outlook is still running i dunno how to fix this.....please help sophie ...

i need your help
i am providing you with my problem with an excel attachment file please reply me asap. Attachment filename: help me.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=463626 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi I would suggest using Data / Filter / AutoFilter. This is a very simple yet effective way of doing what you want. If you need to create separate 'tables' you can use the Advanced Filter Andy. "mangesh >" <<mangesh.12lfkr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mangesh.12lfkr@e...

VBA editor & help
Is there any way to keep the VBA window from re-sizing when help is used? I can start help, resize the editor, ALT-TAB to help and the editor shrinks again. Excel 2K. Thanks, Mike If you are comfortable modifying the system registry with RegEdit (remember, there are no "undo" or "save without changes" operations with the registry -- everything is live), you can add a new DWORD value named "IsFloating" and give it a value of 1. Create this value in the key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\HelpViewer Restart Excel after you create the Is...

Outlook Help #11
I am running outlook express 5 for mac. I would like to no how to put a graphic in with my signature. What kind of file and how to import it in. Thanks for any help!! PrePress <art@graphiccraft.com> wrote: > I am running outlook express 5 for mac. > I would like to no how to put a graphic in with my signature. > What kind of file and how to import it in. > Thanks for any help!! Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Help with CInternetSession
Hey everyone, hoping someone can give me a hand here as this seems a little backwards to me. Basically I am writing an application that uploads a file to my webserver (a static IP) using CInternetSessions and CFtpConnection. Now I've included the code I'm using below to illustrate what seems wrong to me (and probably is :( ). Basically I don't know/understand when I'm supposed to delete my sessions and connections (seems like I never call ::Close() probably not a good thing). If anyone can see what I'm doing wrong (remember I'm calling this chunk of code about every ...

Sign In stopped working -- Help
Live was working fine until 2/29/10. Now Windows Live mail Desktop will not send or receive mail. “Sign in” shows in the upper right corner. When I click Sign In (upper right) then “Sign in” box in the sign in pop-up I get “Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. Please try again later”. I can access my mail on MSN web (Same address and PW). -- Ann from CA Oops - stopped on the 26th! -- Ann from CA "ann6709" wrote: > Live was working fine until 2/29/10. Now Windows Live mail Desktop will not > send or receive mail....

Help--Calendar Assistant won't install
My calendar won't print in the month view. I'm trying to install the assistant and get stuck when the message says "Outlook must be closed" It is closed, and I also checked the start-up menu. I've checked programs in the Control Panel and Calendar Printing Assistant isn't there. I'm using Visa, and Office 2007 Enterprise. Would appreciate help with this. Thank you. Sorry. Answered my own question. I finally after, say, 58 attempts to install this program, I opened Task Manager, and indeed, there were two OUTLOOK.EXE. files running in the backgro...

Need Help #9
Hi This =IF(H2,MIN(10,H2),0) returns the numbers from column H with a maximum of 10. The formula is returning 10 if the cell is 10 or over, is something wrong. Question: I need it to return 0 if 10 or over. Microsoft Excel 2002 Thanks in advance Dave On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:43:49 -0000, "Dave 2005" <dave@zillion.karoo.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >This =IF(H2,MIN(10,H2),0) returns the numbers from column H with a maximum >of 10. > >The formula is returning 10 if the cell is 10 or over, is something wrong. > >Question: I need it to return 0 if 10 or ...

Help, please: sorting the Legend
I'm lucky if I use 10% of the power of Excel. I would be grateful for advice. Ten salesmen on a team. At the end of each month, their cumulative totals for the year are updated. The spreadsheet gets re-sorted, showing their standing in rank order. Simple enough. At the beginning of the year, I created a line chart to track each person's progress. I initially listed the names in alphabetical order and defined the series accordingly. The problem comes when I do the end of the month re-sort. The names in the Legend are no longer in alphabetical order but neither do they correctly corres...

XSD Restrictions help please
Greetings all. Is it possible to create a schema to enforce the following issue. If the value for required Attribute A within Element E has an enumerated value of ‘myType’ then element E also needs to have Attribute B. Xml example below E=Item A=type B=len <Items> <Item type=” myType” len=”5” /> <Item type=” NOTmyType” /> </Items> Any help or a point in a semi right direction would be very helpful :) AdamH wrote: > Is it possible to create a schema to enforce the following issue. > > If the value for required Attribute A within Element E has an...

Help with unusual table problem
I would like to be able to add additional data to a table of approx. 2 rows and 4 columns. I would also like the newest data to be on to while the remaining 19 lines all shift one row down and the leas current row of data to drop off. I hope this explains my problem. Thanks, Howd -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Not sure if you might have missed my suggestion to your earlier post yesterday in microsoft.public.excel. ( http://tinyurl.com/239sq ) Based on your "revised" specs in this post: Let's say your table is in Sheet1 in A1:D20 [assume an initial tab...

Help w/ Auto Accept Agent
Hi Everyone. I am installing the Auto Accept Agent in order to facilitate scheduling conference rooms for meetings. This is the first time I've ever used this plug-in. I've created the user account, conference.room@ourdomain.com, and am ready to download the Windows Installer Package. There are a couple of things I am unclear about and want to understand before I proceed. First, when I run the .msi, one of the questions asked is to "Run as Local System" or "This user"? Can anybody explain the difference and when I would use each one? Second, to register th...

help with the script
Hi all, windows 2003 SP2 server I just need to find out that new pdf files have been added to one directory ex:123 and sub directories every 15 days. Can anyone help me with the script? Thank you. "ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EDEE976-93D1-4557-87E7-7EC2E0B1AC20@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > windows 2003 SP2 server > > I just need to find out that new pdf files have been added to one > directory > ex:123 and sub directories every 15 days. > > Can anyone help me with the script? > >...

5.5 to 2003 migration.... please help!
ok, so we have an existing 5.5 server up and running for several years with 1000+ mailboxes. we just finished installing exchange 2003 on a new server. i assume we're ready to move mailboxes? how exactly do i start this process? is it a tool within exchange 2003, or 5.5? also, am i missing anything else? i ran forestprep and domainprep, installed exchange... am i infact ready to move mailboxes or is there something else? if anyone can think of anything else im going to run into, please let me know. thank you! You should have set up the Active Directory Connector. Did you do this...

help 07-13-10
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01CB229F.3BC3E730 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0039_01CB229F.3BC3E730" ------=_NextPart_001_0039_01CB229F.3BC3E730 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable call me asap ------=_NextPart_001_0039_01CB229F.3BC3E730 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> ...

Help on combining two IF Statements
How do I combine two IF statements? =IF(C12="PTO",-8,C12*$E$3) OR =IF(C12="HOLIDAY",0,C12*$E$3) Thanks for any and all help "Sunflower" <luvsunflowers@gmail.com> wrote: > How do I combine two IF statements? > =IF(C12="PTO",-8,C12*$E$3) > OR > =IF(C12="HOLIDAY",0,C12*$E$3) Perhaps: =IF(C12="PTO", -8, IF(C12="HOLIDAY", 0, C12*$E$3)) PS: In the future, post to only one NG, or crosspost. On Jan 24, 11:22=A0am, "Joe User" <joeu2004> wrote: > "Sunflower&qu...

Query Optimization Help
Hi, GP 8.0 SQL I am trying to create a view for looking up sales data. The view is very slow so I am trying to optimize it. I ran the execution scan and it shows two table scans. I am trying to change the query to avoid these scans, however, I am stuck. THe tables I am joining are SOP30200 and SOP30300. I've isolated a part of the query that I believe is generating the most cost. Here it is: (SELECT T1HEADER.SOPTYPE, T1HEADER.SOPNUMBE, T1HEADER.DOCID, T1HEADER.DOCDATE, T1HEADER.PRCLEVEL, T1HEADER.LOCNCODE AS LOCNCODE, T1HEADER.CUSTNMBR, T1HEADER.CUSTNAME, T1HEADER.CSTPONBR, T1HEADER...

Help with inventory list
Would be great if some one could help. I have an inventory list which would have over a 100 different products on it. These products are distributed to different departments in my business. Sheet 1 I type in the department name then part number and how many items, then vlookup brings up the info. But I can not work out how to subtract the amount I just entered from the inventory list which is in sheet 2. The same product can go to many departments. Have tried this but will only work on one line. =IF(Sheet1!A1:A100=100,(Sheet2!C1-(Sheet1!D1:D100))) "100" being the part number. Thanks ...

Am confused about a simple data layout- need help asap!
This is really silly, because I am good at charts, but for some reason, I cannot formulate in my head the proper layout of this chart. Here is what I have/need: THESE ARE MY DATA HEADERS: A B C D E F PERSON JOB 1 JOB 2 JOB 3 TOTAL ARBITRARY 1-3 NUMBER THE DATA LOOKS LIKE THIS: A B C D E F NAME1 3 2 8 ...

modify macro
Hi everyone I'm VBA dumb so please bear with me. I have a macro that inserts a row at the selection and then I want it to copy the cell below the selection and paste into the new row's cell. Here's what's in the macro now Selection.EntireRow.Inser Range("D23").Selec Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("D22:D23"), Type:=xlFillCop Range("D22:D23").Selec When I run the macro, a row is inserted above the cursor's location (no matter where it's placed) but the AutoFill is always to D23. My question is how do I get the cod...

If statement please help
I need help, what would this statement need to look like if I want th following info: Column L must equal column N only if column K=TRUE if column K=FALS then column L must equal 0. Thanks in advance Linse -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: L1: =IF(K1,N1,0) another: L1: =N1*K1 (TRUE is coerced to 1 in math operations, FALSE is coerced to 0) In article <drreamsurfer.1bnjgc@excelforum-nospam.com>, drreamsurfer <<drreamsurfer.1bnjgc@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > I need help, what would this statement need to look like if I want t...

Please help #2
how do I restore the explorer on the left bottom of the window? ...