Mic not detected

I upgraded from Vista to W7 when it first came out. I have just recently
realized that it apparently cut off the mic and I cannot record anything. I
can still hear cd's.etc.  I did not discover this until I tried to send a
video message to my son who just got deployed to Iraq. Dell customer support
has been useless thus far. Thanks for any suggestions as to how to fix this
problem.

0
andy
5/17/2010 10:51:29 AM
windows.vista.hardware_devices 178 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On May 17, 11:51=A0am, "andy jones" <jandy78...@aol.com> wrote:
> I upgraded from Vista to W7 when it first came out. I have just recently
> realized that it apparently cut off the mic and I cannot record anything.=
> can still hear cd's.etc. =A0I did not discover this until I tried to send=
> video message to my son who just got deployed to Iraq. Dell customer supp=
ort
> has been useless thus far. Thanks for any suggestions as to how to fix th=
is
> problem.

When installing a different version of Windows than the one delivered
with the system originally, you must re-install all the required
drivers.  This includes the sound / audio card.   Upgrading to a newer
version of Windows will reset the drivers.  Windows 7 might use the
same drivers as Vista.  However, there is a chance that W7 will not
use them correct.

Do you know the details on what kind of sound / audio card device your
PC should have?
0
smlunatick

Programatically detect Password protected pst files
Hello. I am developing tool which will detect password protected files.My tool is perfectly working for office document.I am having problem with pst files.How should i detect password protected pst files without opening it.I am using c++ programming lang. Please anyone can help me? Ashwin As far as I know there's no way to detect that. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "ashwin&q...

How to detect the first logon after restart?
Hi. Is there a way to find out if the current Windows login was the first one after restart, or it was done just after some previous logoffs/ user switches? Thanks, Martin Why do you think you need that? What's the bigger problem you're trying to solve? "Martin" <martin-g@mail.ru> wrote in message news:cda12b89-53b6-441a-b002-0c5345c25daf@k37g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi. > > Is there a way to find out if the current Windows login was the first > one after restart, or it was done just after some previous logoffs/ > user switches? > > Thank...

detecting focus of a CDialog
Hello, I have a dialog based on CDialog class. How can I determine whether the dialog (or one of the cotrols in it) has focus? Thank you Vaclav >I have a dialog based on CDialog class. How can I determine whether the >dialog (or one of the cotrols in it) has focus? Try handling WM_ACTIVATE and monitor when your dialog has been made active. Dave I am not getting this message. Maybe it is because the dialog has a "child" property set? Vaclav "David Lowndes" <DavidL@example.invalid> wrote in message news:jel7k2t0rjludnntk15gti3thl7tbpd7nl@4ax.com......

detect a filled out cell
Hi, I would like to check a column. If a cell has text, i want to increase a counter. could it be done using SUMIF ? something like SUMIF(Page1!A:A;cell <>"";total=total+1) i don't want to use VBA thanks, Alain Hi Alain, =COUNTIF(A:A,"<>") It will count all non-empty cells, also numbers -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Alain R." <no.valid@email.com> wrote in message news:uhSHao02DHA.3468@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I would like to check a column. > If a cell has text, i want to increase a coun...

Detect Screensaver and Log Out
Is there a routine out there that can detect when the screen saver comes on and the close out microsoft access client frontend cleanly. Regards Chuck I don't know of a way to detect the screensaver, but I do have a method to log the user out of a database after a period of inactivity. On my website (www.rogersaccesslibrary.com), is a small Access database sample called "LogUsersOffNonUse.mdb" which illustrates how to do this. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Want answers to your Access questions in your Email? ...

Record is locked (deadlock was detected)
when trying to run a CM Transaction I get "A get/change next operation on table 'CM_Transaction' deadlock was detected. when I click on more details i am given the following. [microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Transaction (process ID 77) was deadlocked on thread | communication buffer resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Return the transaction. currently I have ensured that no one is logged in. I view the odb.dex_lock table in the tempDB and cleared it. At this point I can run a reconciliation with no errors where I ...

Detecting Version of an .mdb file
Hi, Is there a simple way to detect which version of MSAccess was used to create an access database? Ideally using ADO. I have databases in 97,2000 and 2002 format and am looking for a simple VB script to do this. Any ideas? Thanks Daniel ...

Restarting and not detecting the hard disk some times
I am using Windows XP professional SP2, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB Hard Disk, MSI Motherboard. When I start my PC its restarting and some times its asking to check for the newly installed Hardware or Software and their drivers on blue screen. CONFIG/ SYSTEM file missing and asking to insert XP CD and press "r" to repair in the first screen. If I try to format the disk it is asking to contact manufacturer for help and its shutting down. Time to replace the hard drive. "Raj J kamal" <Raj J kamal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD26E964-BE1...

Detect Valid Charactor
aGkNCmhvdyBkbyBJIGRldGVjdCBmb3IgdmFsaWQgY2hhcmFjdG9yID8NCg0KZS5nLg0KDQoi7v7u /u7+7v7u/u7+7v7u/u7+7v7u/u7+CWGSK+5RAyAgIHdoZXRoZXIganVuayBvciB2YWxpZCBjaGFy DQoNCg0KDQoNCg0KUmVnYXJkcw0KDQpNYW5vaiBKYW5naWQ= Well, how to detect a valid character depends on "what" you define as a valid character. There are various C runtime library functions available for each specific purpose but you need to know what is a valid character in your context. For example, if you define only alphabets as valid characters, then you can use isalpha() function, or if you define both alphabets and digits as v...

outlook plug-ins detect version different from x-mailer
Hi all, On a customer machine, our plug-ins (one COM add-in in VB, and one MAPI in cpp) detect Outlook 2000 running, but the email we received from this customer has an x-mailer header field indicating Outlook 2003. He has also confirmed he's using Outlook 2000. Can anyone please share how that is possible? We ever tried first installing Office 2003, and then attempted to overwrite with Office 2000 (selecting only Outlook). Installation aborted somewhere with error, but Outlook 2000 seemed to get installed properly. Emails sent from this OL2000 showed matching version information though....

Detecting Shift key when form is opened
What is the best way to tell if the Shift key is held down when a form is opened? The form is being opened from a toolbar. I don't want to react to the Shift key's being pressed after the form is opened. I only want to react if the Shift key was being held down when the toolbar option was clicked. Also, is there a way to do this for reports? Thanks in advance. James ...

How to detect the PictureStackUnit ?
Dear Reader Thank you for your attention. In my Macro in Excel, I had the following statement to make the column chart filled with Sample.jp with scale 500:1 Selection.Fill.UserPicture PictureFile:= _ ' "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\M Pictures\Sample.jpg", _ PictureFormat:=xlStackScale, PictureStackUnit:=500 PicturePlacement:= _ xlAllFaces 'Selection.Fill.Visible = True ============================ My problem is , I do not know what should i write in ???? MsgBox ???? in order to detect the PictureStackUnit I had tried MsgBox SeriesCollectio...

detect and repair #3
after I've used the detect and repair function in outlook i've lost all my stored e-mail, my e-mail accounts definitions and all my contacts. how can i restore those files?? thanks You've posted too little information to unravel what you actually did. Nor can we guess your Outlook version. I'd suggest finding your Outlook data file and configuring your current Outlook profile to use it. We cannot provide specific instructions because you posted no specific information. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc ...

detecting mouse move out of window?
Hello, I need to detect when the mouse leaves or enters the area of a child window. Is there a message that gets sent to the window (or its parent) to inform of such an event? If not, how could I implement this? Thanks, Silvio Take a look at WM_MOUSELEAVE. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Silvio Lopes de Oliveira" <silviol@aaesys.com> wrote in message news:c5hu10$d6v@dispatch.concentric.net... > Hello, > > I need to detect when the mouse leaves or enters the area of a child window. > Is there a message that gets sent to the window (or its par...

Mic to speaker problem
Need help in Windows XP for voice amplification. The option: “start – control panel-sound/audio-voice-harware test” works fine. But trying to direct use of a microphone to notebook speaker does not work. I believe it is a configuration problem I cannot solve bt miselft. Appreciate your help Luis Lucky wrote: > Need help in Windows XP for voice amplification. The option: “start – control > panel-sound/audio-voice-harware test” works fine. But trying to direct use of > a microphone to notebook speaker does not work. I believe it is a > configuration problem I cannot...

proper way to detect if mouse button is depressed?
What is the proper way of decting whether a certain mouse button is depressed or not? If I create a class member bool m_rightbtndown and set it true on the message "OnRButtonDown" and set it false on "OnRButtonUp", that does not work if I right click in the window, and then drag the mouse outside the window, lift my finger, and then bring the mouse back to my window. my window still thinks the button is depressed because it never received "OnRButtonUp" How should I do this? nick You have to capture the mouse: void MyWnd::OnRButtonDown(....) { S...

Duplicate Detection Problems
CRM 4 Prof We recently upgraded to V4 and put some duplicate detection rules in place. We have at least one record where: 1. We attempt to edit the record. 2. When we click Save, we are told a potential duplicate is detected. (This duplicate is an inactive record that we choose to ignore.) 3. We click Save Record. 4. The screen refreshes, and none of the edits are saved. This happens in both the Outlook client and the Web client. Assistance is appreciated. Talina UPDATE: I unpublished the Duplicate Detection Rule that governed contacts and the problem went away. Obviously, t...

WM_QUERYCENTERWND and detecting creation of modal window.
I found that, the parent window is receivinig WM_QUERYCENTERWND when new modal window is started under that parent. I can capture that message in method CDialog::WindowProc. Capturing WM_QUERYCENTERWND is better then capturing WM_ENABLE, because when UI is multithreaded, it is possible to have two or more modal windows simultaneously connected to one parent (each modal window on separate thread). When second modal window is connected to parent window, I don't receive WM_ENABLE, but I receiving WM_QUERYCENTERWND each time when new modal window is shown. I need to count how many mo...

Autofill: can it detect change in value?
Is there a way to autofill down a column, where the autofill detects a new value and uses that value, until the next time it hits a new value? Simple example: I want this: To look like this: Dave Dave Dave Dave Bill Bill Bill John John Try the below 1. Select the data range in ColA (say A1:A100). 2. Press F5. From 'Goto window'>Special> from Options select 'Blanks' and hit OK 3. This will select all blanks. 4. Now press = (equal sign) 5. Then press Up Arrow to reference the cell just above 6. Now press Ctrl and Enter ...

CHotKeyCtrl
Hey, I have a dialog on which I've placed a hotkey control which I've wired to a CHotKeyCtrl wrapper. How do I detect when the user has changed the hotkey inside the control? ClassWizard is only showing me a NM_OUTOFMEMORY message to map, I need some sort of FIELD_CHANGED message to respond to so that I can update the hotkey with the system table. Anybody know what message to process? Thanks, Dave "Dave" <neorife@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0cOcnVXdFd17YpeiXTWJjQ@comcast.com... > Hey, > > I have a dialog on which I've placed a hotkey control whi...

CRM 3.0 SDK Duplicate Detection
I am trying to get the duplicate detection working for Accounts using the example from the SDK. I have added an alert to the on save event code which displays the results that are passed back from the aspx page and it continues to return NULL. alert(oNode); Any assitance would be appricated. Hi! I have the same problem. It seems the checkforduplicateaccount.aspx page is not loaded correctly by the script. Did you find a solution for this? Thanks No Solution yet but I am continuing to investigate. If you find the solution could you please post it here, I will do the same. Thanks ...

HELP: how to detect if printers are installed? woes :S
I made a Excel template with a macro to set up page margins, etc for the printer. This macro is ran when you load up the Excel template. However, if once doesn't have any printers installed, they get a warning to chose/find/setup a printer. Does anyone know in VBA how to detect whether any printers are installed. If no printer is installed then bypass my printer setup code? Hi An error message is generated when you try and print with no printer. I Googled this group and found this code from Tom Ogilvy which you might be able to adapt. I don't know how you catch the error witho...

How can I detect how much memory a PC has?
If a PC has huge quantities of memory, I'd like my app. to use some memory-hungry settings by default; and otherwise not. Does anyone know how I can detect how much (physical) memory the PC has? TIA Simon Simon wrote: > If a PC has huge quantities of memory, I'd like my app. to use some > memory-hungry settings by default; and otherwise not. Does anyone know how > I can detect how much (physical) memory the PC has? > > TIA > > Simon > > Call GlobalMemoryStatus. It returns dwTotalPhys and several other memory measures. -- Scott McPhillips [...

Error detected in outlook.pst #2
Hi, When I try to open outlook an error message comes up saying 'error detected in the file outlook.pst. Quit all mail enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool'. I have used the Inbox Repair Tool but that gets to a certain stage of scanning the file then an error causes itto stop. The .PST file is 1.96GB Any ideas as to how I can open outlook, or get the Inbox Repair tool to finish scanning. Cheers. Scott <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I try to open outlook an error message comes up > saying 'error detected in the file outlook....

some problem of "Debugger detected"
hi: I have a vc++ programing ,when debug ,I select a video file to play in mediaplay,just now,system popup message box "debugger detected--please close it down and restart! windows NT users:please note that having the WinIce/SoftIce service installed means that you are running a debugger!" how to fix this problem? can anybody help me? thank you in advance "jim" <huang.jibing@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174377161.895844.314670@e1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com > I have a vc++ programing ,when debug ,I select a video file to play in > mediaplay,just now,system...