Direct3D Errror...

Hey guys i have been tryin to get my Direct3D accelerator running for
the past week. Its not allowing me to play some of my games, just as i
lauch the game it comes up with an error msg "Direct3D could not be
correctly initialized...." Basically tells me to restart or reinstall
DirectX. Ive read over tons of forums and have updated my drives,
reinstalled directx, adjusted my hardware accelerator all the way. I
have been to the microsoft page to go through all of their steps and
still no luck. When i go into Run and the Dxdiag, It still shows that my
Direct3D, DirectDraw, and AGP Texture are all Not Available. I have even
reformatted my entire HD in hopes that i can reinstall and run some of
my games. If anyone knows more about this, please let me know.

Computer:
Computer Type   ACPI x86-based PC
Operating System   Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium  32-bit
Internet Explorer   7.0.6000.16386 (IE 7.0 - Vista)
DirectX   DirectX 10.0
RAM: 2814MB

Motherboard:
CPU Type   DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, 1866 MHz (7 x 267)
Motherboard Name   EVGA NF68
Motherboard Chipset   nVIDIA nForce 680i SLI

Display:
Video Adapter   nVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra
3D Accelerator   nVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra

--
pison
pison's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/225252.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
pison
5/27/2010 12:49:15 PM
windows.vista.hardware_devices 178 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 5/27/2010 8:49 AM, pison wrote:
> Hey guys i have been tryin to get my Direct3D accelerator running for
> the past week. Its not allowing me to play some of my games, just as i
> lauch the game it comes up with an error msg "Direct3D could not be
> correctly initialized...." Basically tells me to restart or reinstall
> DirectX. Ive read over tons of forums and have updated my drives,
> reinstalled directx, adjusted my hardware accelerator all the way. I
> have been to the microsoft page to go through all of their steps and
> still no luck. When i go into Run and the Dxdiag, It still shows that my
> Direct3D, DirectDraw, and AGP Texture are all Not Available. I have even
> reformatted my entire HD in hopes that i can reinstall and run some of
> my games. If anyone knows more about this, please let me know.

> Computer:
> Computer Type   ACPI x86-based PC
> Operating System   Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium  32-bit
> Internet Explorer   7.0.6000.16386 (IE 7.0 - Vista)
> DirectX   DirectX 10.0
> RAM: 2814MB
>
> Motherboard:
> CPU Type   DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, 1866 MHz (7 x 267)
> Motherboard Name   EVGA NF68
> Motherboard Chipset   nVIDIA nForce 680i SLI
>

> Display:
> Video Adapter   nVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra
> 3D Accelerator   nVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra

I'd try cleaning out the video drivers, thus reverting to the standard
MS video driver, and reinstalling the Nvidia drivers. Then download and
install the DX 9c update. It's been some time since I had a similar
problem, and it was not with Vista. The final cure for the XP system was
(of all things) to download and install an Nvidia developer's kit.
Seems that some rather obscure registry settings were not correct.
There was an interim driver version release that actually turned out to
be the real culprit.
0
Chuck

Access 2007 errror
One of my clients who runs a replicated database system has just upgraded to Office 2007. Most of the users are still on 2003 so we have no intention of converting it and we are aware of the replication issues with 2007. The problem we are having is that none of the events work. When any code is run, you immediately get an error: The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist. * The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defi...

Errror Help: character ' ', hexadecimal value 0x2 is illegal in xml documents
what does this error mean? how can i fix this? thanks, raj * raj wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: >what does this error mean? how can i fix this? You have an octet 0x02 or perhaps a character reference  in the document. This is not allowed in XML 1.0; the latter is allowed in XML 1.1 but your version of the .NET framework probably does not support that, and most likely you have not declared this version either. In other words, your document includes random binary data and is there- fore not an XML document. You have to correct the document before you can successfully...

How to handle #Errror in a query
I have the following in a query and until some data comes at a later date it will error out. Is it possible to use an IIF statement to return something other than #error Gross pct Change: ([Totals]![SumOfCY_Gross_Revenue]-[Totals]![SumOfLY_Gross_Revenue])/[Totals]![SumOfLY_Gross_Revenue] Thank you for you assistance Gross pct Change: Iif(nz([Totals]![SumOfLY_Gross_Revenue],0)=0,0,([Totals]![SumOfCY_Gross_Revenue]-[Totals]![SumOfLY_Gross_Revenue])/[Totals]![SumOfLY_Gross_Revenue]) If SumOfLY_Gross_Revenue is Null or zero, return zero, otherwise return your original calculation. HTH, ...

Diplay driver architecture
Hi, My requirement is to write a generic display driver (using Windows Vista Display Driver Model) for Vista and Win 7. I understand that I need to write a user mode display driver and a miniport driver. The display driver will be bound to Direct3D runtime. My confusion comes from the point that WDK docs show a figure with OpenGL ICD component as well. Is it an optional component if I choose to have above mentioned architecture or a required one? I also need to get the OpenGL ICD Development Kit for the same. Consequently can I develop only the OpenGL ICD and still support all th...

Reminder Errror
Has anyone seen this one before? "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear." The error appears sporadically. Thanks... ...

Errror Message
When trying to enter transactions into my accounts I am getting an error message "This transaction cnnot be entered". I've been using MS Money for years and have never run into this. I'm running 2004 Small Business. There doesn't seem to be any reason for this happening. As far as I can tell I'm not doing anything different than in the past. This is the first time using a fresh installation since I had to reinstall windows XP because of other problems. Any ideas? Charley In microsoft.public.money, BiggoCharley wrote: >When trying to enter transactions ...

cant send nessages. errror messgae
I recieve this error message when trying to send e-mails. I can recieve them fine An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '503 5.5.2 Only one STARTTLS command can be issued per session', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 503, Error Number: 0x800CCC65 can someone please help me That's a very unusual error message. Chances are, it is due to = interference from your antivirus. Let us know which antivirus you are running, and we = can suggest corrective action. For s...

errror 80180B04
Outlook iwll not start . Errror is displayed. Please Help. can you be a bit more specific with the full error message? I can't find that listed. "bert@richmondgroup.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ba7401c437c1$9ed8a330$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook iwll not start . Errror is displayed. Please Help. ...

outlook errror msg
I received the following error msg when trying to send a msg in Outlook 2k2. "An internal support function returned an error" I tried to do a search on KB, but could not find anything. This is the first time I have received this message. Thanks! Seth ...

Direct3D how ?
I have noticed that you can add reference to Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D (no OpenGL :-( ). How one can use 3D in C# program ? Is it possible to use it in Window Forms ? I'm an engineer that would like to present some 3D data in my programs. so I care less about games therefore XNA is not for me. However I'm just mechanical engineer so interacting with Windows API is also not for me. Native API's are just too complicated for me. I would like to use DirectX in managed code if possbile and preferable in Window Forms so I can build nice interface to data. I know that you can do...

writing visualizations + direct3d
If there is a better newsgroup, let me know. There doesn't seemto be one for media player developers. I created a visualization plugin that uses D3D. I used the wizard to create a sample app and used that as the starting but there are problems. When the Media Player window is rescaled, the drawing area of d3d doesn't seem to scale with it as it should. It screws the graphics up and I see a flashing green area. When I close MP, the desctructor isn't called and the direct3d surface doesn't get destroyed and I'm afraid this causes resource leaks. It's not as easy as I ...

errror message
error message: the selected assistant character is not available. microsoft outlook cannot install the neccessary files due to windows installer error 1605. this action is only valid for products that are currently installed. anyone please advise? ...

Internal Server Errror when logging off
I have just set up a new Exchange 2000 server for about 500 users spanning 60 domains. Everything works fine except for when they attempt to log off of OWA. Instead of a page, they get a "500 Internal Server Error." The few articles I have found on the net about this error refer me to KB 318239 to fix the issue. However, this KB article seems to no longer exist. Can someone point me to a working copy of this article or tell me how to fix this error? there is a hotfix, here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841561 regards, oz -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu ___________...

Wpf tooltip exist Direct3d memleak in native code in xp and vista os
<1>use the D3D control panel, enable the debug DLL and maximum validation,for D3D control panel ,you need to install the directx sdk. <2>Start up the debug monitor (<MSVC install directory>\Common7\Tools \Bin\winnt\Dbmon.Exe). <3>If you use the tooltip in native code,then run the program,show the tooltip,then exit the program, the Dbmon.exe will report serious direct3d9 memleak in xp and vista os.but If I use the wpf tooltip in c#,it is no problem. I do not know why? The following is my code fragment of mfc project void CFntClrDialogDlg::OnClick() { if((ToolTip...

Direct3D wrapper for CView
Hi! Is somebody aware of a good versatile Direct3D wrapper for a CView class. Basicly what I want to do is to render a simple background containing two walls and a floor from a (.X) file and some objects in the scene from other (.x) files. I also need some mouse hit tests for the currently loaded objects. More specific I want to... 1. Create a 3D view in my SDI application. 2. Load the scene background (two walls and a floor). From a (.X file) 3. Load some objects form different (.X) files into the scene. 4. Render once. 5.Wait for mouse hiting one of the objects My guess is that this whee...

system errror &H8000FFFF
When i open excel in office 2003 that time it's showing error system error &H8000FFFF(-2147418113).Catastrophic failure If I press ok out of memory If I press ok Then only exnel sheet opened solution of this problem Hari Looking around at various findings at other sites, this seems to be related to either many forms (perhaps redundant) or having lots of macros causes this problem for some people. It can also appear when running some other applications. Some other links discussing the problem: http://www.ureader.com/message/1346459.aspx http://www.excelbanter.com/q-t_37...

with outlook 2007 errror "Not Implemented
when i use outlook 2007 and enter contact information and try to save the contact information. it gives error outlook " not implemented " I will appreciate any one helping me with this problem. I haven't seen this before, but one of the first things I'd try is clearing the forms cache in case your Contacts form is messed up. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839804 - instructions are about halfway down under "Clear the Forms cache". -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "SK" wrote: > when i use outlook 2007 and enter contact informat...

Server Performance Advisor
Hi; I am getting the listed four warning messages after I run server performance advisor, I did run dcdiag and netdiag which came up with no error. Would you let me know what I need to do or lead me to a goog resource? Thank you. Information Local Port World Wide Web HTTP (80) Active Directory typically sends data on LDAP (389), Global Catalog (3268), Kerberos (88), Netbios/SMB (445) and dynamic ports. This port suggests other work is occurring and may not be desired on this server. Information Local Port World Wide Web HTTP (80) Active Directory typically receives data on LDAP (...

Contradiction (Direct3D and MFC)
Hi, there was an error message coming out in my face saying (Direct3D) "Windows.h is already included. MFC App must not include windows.h" I can leave stdafx.h alone, but at the same time, I was using MFC, so I couldn't sway off stdafx.h otherwise you know the rest. Are there anyways to get rid of this error? Thanks Jack Include d3d9.h last thing in stdafx.x... Or at least just after the many #includes in stdafx.h that would give you this error... -- Wessam Bahnassi Microsoft DirectX MVP, Lead Programmer In|Framez -- In|Structurez Arabic Gamedev Community www.instructu...

#DIV/O! Errror with Absolute Number Calculation
Hi, I am calculating the following formula. =ABS(K41-J41)/ABS(K41) The result is #DIV/O! many times because K41 is 0 and the result is #DIV/O! I'd like the result to be "N/A" or something that I could put in between parenthesis. I'd be happy with any recommendations you have. Thanks!! Try this... =IF(K41="","N/A",ABS(K41-J41)/ABS(K41)) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Brent" <Brent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93A3C05A-89EC-4229-BA99-C23EF2E24AA8@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I...

I cannot get into my email, It alweays pops up errror on my last e
I made a new email address which I am oin now. I still get the same message how do I delete this message You should copy and paste the error message for specific help. But try these - compare against the settings you currently have in Tools - Accounts - Properties for that account. (In the future, do not post your actual email address in these forums, just the part after the @ symbol is necessary - spammers will pick it up.) Live.com Settings: Server names and ports: POP3 = pop3.live.com Port = 995 SMTP = smtp.live.com Port = 587 Checkboxes you ne...

Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office infoPath errror 1605
I get the following message when I try and open Outlook 2007 I just purchased a few days ago. Microsoft Office Outlook can't start Microsoft Office InfoPath. Microsoft Office can't not install the necessary files due to windows installer error 1605. The action is only valid for products that are currently installed I know that I do not have InfoPath, I purchased the Microsoft 2007 student home edition, so only have word, excel, PowerPoint and OneNote. So how can I stop it looking for something I do not have. Someone said to change go to Tools, Options, Other tab, Adv...

Direct3D Errror...
Hey guys i have been tryin to get my Direct3D accelerator running for the past week. Its not allowing me to play some of my games, just as i lauch the game it comes up with an error msg "Direct3D could not be correctly initialized...." Basically tells me to restart or reinstall DirectX. Ive read over tons of forums and have updated my drives, reinstalled directx, adjusted my hardware accelerator all the way. I have been to the microsoft page to go through all of their steps and still no luck. When i go into Run and the Dxdiag, It still shows that my Direct3D, DirectDraw, an...

#REF errrors using vlookup
I'm getting #REF errors when using the vlookup function. It happens everywhere! All of a sudden, vlookup just won't work. Specifically, in cell Q2, I used =vlookup(P2,$A$2:$A$1000,2) and got #REF. The value in P2 is the same as the value in A2. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix it? Thanks, Jim Berglund OOPS! I know what I did - the array is wrong! 'Sorry! "Jim Berglund" <jazzzbo@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:zq7Yh.131512$6m4.69709@pd7urf1no... > I'm getting #REF errors when using the vlookup function. It happens > everywhere! Al...

Excel 2002 errror "not enough system resources to display..."
Hi Folks, I have a spreadsheet which uses control boxes referring to ranges on a separate sheet. This sheet was created in Excel 97. When my org ported over to XP this sheet started returning errors when using the control boxes, specifically "not enough system resources to display". I found a KB article (183503) that referred to this problem with 97 and zooming, but said it was fixed in 2000/XP. I set zoom back to 100% on my sheet in XP and the error went away. Does anyone know why I might be getting this error in XP even though MS said the error was fixed? Is there a ...