Device problem

Hi,

I've already spent several hours trying to figure this out, reading
forums and suggestions, trying different things, and not succeeding at
all.  So, I decided to post my problem on here.

I have a Samsung YP-S2 (Pebble).  With the device, I had to install
Samsung Media Studio.  Everything was working great until a couple of
weeks ago.  I plugged in my device to add new songs, BUT Samsung Media
Studio won't recognize it...so I can't do anything.

Now, I noticed that My Computer lists the device as "unspecified" now.
It used to list it as a portable device.  I opened Device Manager to see
if it's also listed as unspecified.  However, it's listed under Portable
Devices AND Disk Drives.  (Is this okay?)  I can't figure out how to
change it to portable device under My Computer...and I'm not really sure
if it would make a difference anyway.

So...I began looking at other users with a similar problem, looked at
the Samsung support page, and learned that it might be my drivers.  I
checked my drivers under Device Manager (to which it said they were up
to date), then I deleted the device and had my computer reinstall the
drivers, etc., and last I re-installed Samsung Media Studio.  Still, it
will not recognize my mp3 player.  I can't figure out what is wrong.

The strange thing is that I can sync my mp3 player with Windows Media
Player.  I was able to add songs.  Of course, I can't see the playlist
under Windows Media Player; I have to open the folder under My Computer
to see the list of songs and delete them.  Can anyone tell me what is
wrong?  Is it something directly wrong with my mp3 player (because it
works fine and charges), something wrong with Vista, or something wrong
with Samsung Media Studio???

Thanks for reading.

--
KamenKaiden
0

Your Upper and Lower filters are the cause of your issue

See the following MS KB article and follow the manual fix for Vista.  Ignore the
Title and everything else. Just delete the Upper and Lower filters and then reboot

Peter

"KamenKaiden" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I've already spent several hours trying to figure this out, reading
> forums and suggestions, trying different things, and not succeeding at
> all.  So, I decided to post my problem on here.
>
> I have a Samsung YP-S2 (Pebble).  With the device, I had to install
> Samsung Media Studio.  Everything was working great until a couple of
> weeks ago.  I plugged in my device to add new songs, BUT Samsung Media
> Studio won't recognize it...so I can't do anything.
>
> Now, I noticed that My Computer lists the device as "unspecified" now.
> It used to list it as a portable device.  I opened Device Manager to see
> if it's also listed as unspecified.  However, it's listed under Portable
> Devices AND Disk Drives.  (Is this okay?)  I can't figure out how to
> change it to portable device under My Computer...and I'm not really sure
> if it would make a difference anyway.
>
> So...I began looking at other users with a similar problem, looked at
> the Samsung support page, and learned that it might be my drivers.  I
> checked my drivers under Device Manager (to which it said they were up
> to date), then I deleted the device and had my computer reinstall the
> drivers, etc., and last I re-installed Samsung Media Studio.  Still, it
> will not recognize my mp3 player.  I can't figure out what is wrong.
>
> The strange thing is that I can sync my mp3 player with Windows Media
> Player.  I was able to add songs.  Of course, I can't see the playlist
> under Windows Media Player; I have to open the folder under My Computer
> to see the list of songs and delete them.  Can anyone tell me what is
> wrong?  Is it something directly wrong with my mp3 player (because it
> works fine and charges), something wrong with Vista, or something wrong
> with Samsung Media Studio???
>
> Thanks for reading.
>

> --
> KamenKaiden

0
Peter

CRM and Exchange Problems
Dear All, i have a problem between CRM and exchange, my setup is as follow:- i have a single computer with Windows Server 2003 installed, Exchange 2003, and CRM 1.2, CRM is working just fine, the samething is with Exchange OWA, however, i can't get CRM to send mails throught Exchange, i've installed the Exchange E-Mail Router but with no success, is there is any kind of incompatability between CRM and Windows or Exchange 2003, is there is any guide to follow to solve this? Thanks in advance GQ ...

Problem with the TRIM command
I have four fields (First_Name, MI, Last_Name, Suffix) that I am trying to trim so that they will appear without spaces on a report. When I do a combined string (=RTrim([First_Name])+" "+[MI]+" "+Trim([Last_Name])+" "+[Suffix]) I run into problems when any one of the fields is blank. Nothing will print. As long as all four fields contain data it will print. Problem is that only a few records have data in all four fields. When I separate out the fields into four separate controls on the report, I cant get the TRIM function to work and there are spac...

Problem Changing from Average Costing to FIFO Perpetual (Version 9
Our company changed our inventory valuation method from FIFO Perpetual to Average Costing. After two months we reverted back to FIFO Perpetual. We now have a problem when we create a new SOP document. The cost that the system is retrieving on the document is the CURRCOST from IV00101, not the STNDCOST as we would expect. We have run the Change valuation method utility and have checked links and reconciled, but this behaviour continues. If we create a new item that have not gone through this FIFO to AVG to FIFO chance cycle it picks up the STNDCOST correctly. Any ideas? Thanks, J...

Ripping problems. Not saving.
My WMP11 won't save any information when I Finish finding the info using Search. It also won't save any new MP3 I place into it. Thanks for any help. This could be caused by a corrupted library. To reset the library, follow the instructions for WMP 11 and your Windows version at http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#medialibrary Note that resetting the library will make you lose all play counts, and possibly ratings too. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk Op 25/03/2010 2:45, Jamescush wrote: > My WMP11 won't save any information when I Fi...

Info Store/Sched free busy problems after 5.5 -> 2003 migration
I am migrating from exchange 5.5 to server 2003. This is not the first server or the last server in the site, it is one of many and a mix of 5.5 and 2003. I have successfully migrated from 5.5 to 5.5 in the past in this environment (when all servers were 5.5), but I am having a problem with the 2003 migration. I used the Ed Crowley method to move the server, as well as MS kb and tech net articles on moving servers. This worked successfully for me in the past. The connector, bridgeheads, replication, everything is pointing to the new server. When I shut down the services on the old server...

Money 2004 Standard installation in XP Pro problem
I have been running Money 2004 standard on my Windows ME machine for about a month I have transfered in several years worth of Quicken data. My son needed Windows XP Pro. I backed up the data files, and then did an upgrade. Money seemed to work OK, but I had problems with other programs. Decide to do a clean install and format to NTFS. Have downloaded the XP updates and service packs. When reloading Money I get a successful completion notice, but when I start the program I get "Unable to initialize a required Money component. Please reinstall Money from orginal product d...

GG posting problem (reported by Ken Johnson)
In response to a message posted in the thread "Why messages fail to appear on MSnews server".... "Ken Johnson" <kencjohnson@gmail.com> wrote: > Thanks Joe User, I might just leave it in the too-hard-basket. Yes, it is. Especially since your use of the phrase "no longer see" below suggests that the deletion in GG is deferred, and since we cannot confirm successful communication of the message to GG in the first place unless and until we see it in MSNews, which is delayed. (And we don't know that we will always see it in MSNews ev...

Control Box Problems
I am attempting to get the selected values in a list box to feed into another cell. Does anyone know how this is done? The list box has a Linked Cell property. Set it to the cell you want the list box to feed. "uftiffany" wrote: > I am attempting to get the selected values in a list box to feed into another cell. Does anyone know how this is done? This hasn't seemed to work. Any trouble shooting ideas? "Vaughan" wrote: > The list box has a Linked Cell property. Set it to the cell you want the list box to feed. > > "uftiffany" wrote: > ...

access problem
I store leads on my Phillips CD burner from Windows XP Professional. Normally I have no problems pulling up files from the CD. However following a email program with World Merge, I found that I could not access my Excel Files on the CD. The error message was : "You don't have access to this folder'E:\..See your administrator for access to this folder. I am lost any help out there? Thanks Hal On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 14:45:11 -0700, "Hal Harding" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I store leads on my Phillips CD burner from Windows XP >Professi...

OWA Problem #9
Hello everyone I installed Exchange 2003 and it's working OK, my problem is that the OWA doesn't work and even tought I'm able to log in the interface look like the OMA. I'm connecting to http://server/Exchange Does anybody have an idea why is this happening? Thanks in advance for any help. David With Exchange 2003 when you log in you must supply the login as; Username: domainname\username Password: domainpassword >-----Original Message----- >Hello everyone >I installed Exchange 2003 and it's working OK, my problem is that the OWA >doesn't work and e...

Problem with Pick List associated cell
Can anybody help me with this issue. I am trying to select an item from a pick list and be able to automatically copy the adjacent cell value to another cell. Example: This is the pick list PAPER HOLDER - LEVEL I (CHROME) $2.80 TOWEL BAR - 24" LEVEL I (CHROME) $2.80 TOWEL BAR - 18" LEVEL I (CHROME) $2.80 Once I choose the item to fill in another cell location, I want the adjacent price to automatically fill in another cell location as well. One idea, use a formula in a col adjacent to the DV pick list Let's say your pick list as posted is in B2 down You could have this ...

File compatability problems with Pocket Excel
I recently set up a client with an HP IPAQ PC5500 with pocket windows 2003. She had a number of spreadsheets that she wanted to use on the handheld which we copied across OK (using activesync, they were converted to ..PXL). However only about 3/4 of them would open. The ones that wouldn't simply gave an error box that said: "An error occurred while opening '<filename>'. They have no macros; they had been created in Excel 2000. All of the files in question are under 100k. I have also tried the following with no success: - copied the contents of each sheet to a new she...

Exchange SP2 Problem #2
Hi All, I have just upgraded Exchange 2003 A/P cluster, running on Windows 2003 SP1, to Ex 2003 SP2. I upgraded the front end / owa server first. Then upgraded the cluster nodes. I have email flowing correctly, but have lost OWA functionality from the front end - I am able to see the logon screen, but I get an HTTP500 error when attempting to authenticate. I am able to use OWA directly to the backend. There are no errors in the application or event logs on either the front or backend end servers. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Wayne Meant to say, I have followed the advice i...

Deterministic PERSISTENT problem
Hi, I receive the following error when trying to CREATE TABLE: Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Procedure NEW_tblregister, Line 1 Incorrect syntax near ','. Msg 4936, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Computed column 'search_sname' in table 'NEW_tblregister' cannot be persisted because the column is non-deterministic. Here is the CREATE TABLE statement: /****** Object: Table [dbo].[tblregister] Script Date: 04/07/2010 16:54:20 ******/ SET ANSI_NULLS ON GO SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON GO SET ANSI_PADDING ON GO CREATE TABLE [dbo].[NEW_tblreg...

Is there a limit to the # of backup devices?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5A818.6C3B3C30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Using Money 2004 Deluxe... In addition to backup to hard disk - there is the option to backup to = 'Floppy' In the past, I had the option to backup to either a floppy or an IDE ZIP = drive, when selecting the floppy option. Recently added a new USB card reader - now those 3 drives appear under = my backup options - but no longer have the floppy or Zip option = appearing. Is there a max of 3 d...

Print problem with columns
I have inherited a spreadsheet and need to print it on one page. All the information is 2 columns. Is there a way to get the columns to wrap on a page so instead of having 3 pages with 2 columns each, I can have one page with six columns? There is no direct method... If you can print, say 50 rows per page, then you can do this enter in C1 =A51 and copy one col right and 50 rows down... If you are still left with values then enter in E1 =A101 and repeat the above Print only rows 1-50... -- Always provide your feedback so that others know whether the solution worked or problem still pe...

Problem with _CommandPtr
Hi I am working on a databases in VC++. I'm having the following problem that in a function i've written these lines of code. The CreateInstance function works fine with uuid(Command) on one system but returns "-2147467262" (Interface not supported ) as hr value on other system . Also thing to note is that CreateInstance for pConnection works fine on both systems. can someone tell me what could be wrong with Command Object. Is there any chance that Command Object is not available on other system..if yes then how can it be made available. Regards Usman Jamil //Here is the pi...

Scroll problem with zooming in CScrollView
I've been two days at this problem and can't figure it out - I'd really appreciate your advice and time to help me :) The problem is this: My application draws a road and shows vehicles moving on it. When scrolled right and I zoom in, the scrollbars move to the left, back towards the origin. Conversly, when I zoom out they scroll to the right. As you can see from the code below I have tried adjusting for the viewport origin, but still no luck. Some more information: My logical coords have their origin at the start and centre of the road. I therefore set my viewport origin...

problem while registry path tracking...
Hi i working on an application where i have to search a key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER. for this i m using this code... void CScanner::scanReg(CString regStr) { HKEY hKey; CHAR KeyName[MAX_PATH]; char *lpszRegistryKey = NULL; int index; LONG KeyExists; DWORD dwSize; CString tempString; CString MyStringVar; // bool m_bFound; CString trstr; char *trch; LONG ok = RegOpenKeyEx( HKEY_CURRENT_USER, lpszRegistryKey, 0, KEY_READ, &hKey); if ( ok == ERROR_SUCCESS) { for(index = 0, KeyExists = ERROR_SUCCESS;KeyExists != ERROR_NO_MORE_ITEMS; index++) { dwSize = 512...

One solution and one problem
I have come up with a solution that allows me to track cash in an account as well as to add cash-only accounts so that the new PM will show the whole net worth picture. I just add a new transaction with a security that has a fixed value of $1.00, and then I can adjust/edit the number of $1.00 shares in that transaction as the total value of the cash position changes. The symbol I use is SWVXX, which is a Shwab Value Davanatage Money Fund that always (no guarantees, but its been good so far) holds a $1.00/share price. Its not the right solution, but it works. I've been doing this for...

problem!
When I run outlook today - the customize outlook today button does not work - It has in the past - I like to set up folders on this page - to monitor (and filter) incoming e-mails. It just won't let me customize anymore. I have tried repairing, uninstalling and reinstalling. Any ideas? ...

Problem With Outlook2003
I Have Two Accounys In My Profile In Outlook 2003 one of them is Account for Exchange(Local) and other is pop3 from out side . Before This I Use outlook Xp But I Have Not any Problems Whit Sending E-mail Concurrent To Exchange and pop3. But When I Upgrade Outlook Xp to 2003 I have any problems I Cant Send Email to both account Concurrent. Please Help Me. due to complaints, outlook 2003 changes how it handles mail and is very strict as using the same account the message arrived on rather than trying with exchange first. "saman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Problems replying / forwarding email
Hi, When replying / forwarding email on OWA on Exchange 2000 on SBS 2000, all the staffs are getting "HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error(exception)" while all other functionality of OWA is fine. Any ideas what may be causing this and possible things to try to resolve this. Thanks for your help in advance. Ky On 19 Oct 2005 21:01:00 -0700, "Ky" <keicheng@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >When replying / forwarding email on OWA on Exchange 2000 on SBS 2000, >all the staffs are getting "HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server >Error(exception)" while all oth...

set up problem Outlook 2003
I have installed Outlook 2003 on a new computer with Windows Vista. All of the configurations appear correct and when I send a test message I get no error message. I do not receive the test message into my "Inbox" but when I access my e-mail account via Hotmail I can see my message on the ISP server. I have contacted my ISP and they are insisting it is a Microsoft problem. Any advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Jeff Donovan What kind of account are you using? HTTP? POP3? Hotmail without a paid = account? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post a...

Mic problem
I had an old mic. I set it up, it worked, then stopped working after an automatic update. Fearing something was wrong with the old mic, I bought a new headset, plugged it in, set it up, and it worked... Until after an automatic update, it stopped working. Fearing the headset might have been damaged during transport, I went and bought another mic, plugged it in, set it up and it worked. And, again, it stopped working after an automatic update. Sensing a pattern, I had tried all 3 mics on another computer and they all work. Now, I have the 3 mics, and they're not being recogniz...