CD will not Eject from Drive

Have CD in Drive. When I right click on the DVD Drive I get "An error
occured while ejecting 'DVD RW Drive (E)'. Any Suggestions?

--
coachroark
coachroark's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/220014.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
coachroark
5/14/2010 2:05:54 AM
windows.vista.hardware_devices 178 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi,

First, just reboot leaving the disk in the drive. See if it responds
properly then.

If not, use the button on the front of the drive. If that doesn't work,
there should be a small hole somewhere below the door on the face of the
drive. Use a straightened paperclip or similar and force the door open with
this hole (that's what it's there for). If it continues to act up, replace
the drive.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"coachroark" <coachroark.4axkxa@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Have CD in Drive. When I right click on the DVD Drive I get "An error
> occured while ejecting 'DVD RW Drive (E)'. Any Suggestions?
>

> --
> coachroark
> coachroark's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/220014.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-hardware-devices/1336916.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Rick

I have Publisher but templates will not download, help!
Details? Define "will not download". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Olga" <Olga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EE437DE-EF18-4248-94D8-5AAB2384AEC3@microsoft.com... > Are you trying to download from the Office web site? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Olga" <Olga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EE437DE-EF18-4248-94D8-5AAB2384AEC3@microsoft.com... > When I attempt to download templates from Office Online, I ...

CD labels with curved text
How do I insert round or curved text that will follow the curve of the inside or outside circumference of the CD label without using Word Art? TidyGirl wrote: > How do I insert round or curved text that will follow the curve of the inside > or outside circumference of the CD label without using Word Art? By using a different program. The only way to have curved text in Publisher is with WordArt. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Look here, scroll down to text inside a circle. Not for the faint of heart. http://msauer.mvps.org/more_graphics.htm -- Mary Sa...

Will 'Tasks' Run if Outtlook is Closed ???
Recently...my company decided they wanted to catch a time bandit by requiring everybody to punch in & out...even salaried employees such as myself. Trouble is...after several years on the job...NONE of our employees can ever remember to do so (myself included...big time.) So I set myself a reminder 'Task' in Outlook (2003); & it gongs at me now 5 minutes before I have to punch in the morning; & in & out for lunch. I'm happy But I'm wondering...I don't really want Outlook to run in the background all day long...& was hoping the Task would still gong a...

Access 2003- will not work with the new 2.0 sql
Hi- Just updated to 2.0- Nice. But my access 2003 will not allow me to do querries anymore... Do I need to upgrade to another version of Access? or is there an Update that I need to make for access 2003? Thanks Brent Try changing either A: your odbc connection, or b the link to the tables again in the access db. Should work fine... Mike "Brent" <sagemaster@mvdsl.com> wrote in message news:eeL%23RmmlHHA.568@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi- Just updated to 2.0- Nice. But my access 2003 will not allow me to do > querries anymore... Do I need to upgrade to another ...

Does old Money 2005 CD compatible with Vista SP1 ?
Hello, writting from France, I have a problem using Money 2005 on Vista. I remember that, previously, on my XP SP3 machine, I had to upgrade Money. I tried to open the Sample file thinking that it would upgrade itself but no. When I try to open my backup file, it first ask my Windows LIVE credentials, if I provide those, it says that it couldn't connect to the Internet to validate the credentials. This is weird since I am connected to the Internet using ADSL, I've added an exception in my Firewall but it didn't help. I tried to open the backup file using the offline mode but ...

Can't access external hard drive after plugging it in to a mac
Is it possible to recover the files from an external hard drive after plugging it into a mac? Window Vista sees the drive and assigns it a drive letter, but I can't access any of the files and it keeps telling me to format the drive. I have files on it that I don't want to lose. Thanks, RJ On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 18:20:19 -0700 (PDT), RJ wrote: > Is it possible to recover the files from an external hard drive after > plugging it into a mac? Window Vista sees the drive and assigns it a > drive letter, but I can't access any of the files and it keeps telling &g...

Having 2 troubles
Hello, I currently am running XP on a DELL pc and accidentally hit the eject button for the cd drive. now it wants to 'safely remove hardware' and I am not able to use the cd rom and can't seem to find where to 'add new hardware'. It is an 'HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4240N-(D:). The device does show up in Device Manager but won't run a DVD or CD. With the printer, since my cd rom won't work, I was trying to update and reinstall my printer (HP Director was not working properly) and now I can't get the file 'setupsw.msi' located on my pc a...

Compressing C: Drive
When deleting old files via properties of C:, there is a check box to compress your drive. Any reccomendation on using or NOT using this option appreciated. TIA From: "Snooky" <snooky@anln.com> | When deleting old files via properties of C:, there is a check box to | compress your drive. | Any reccomendation on using or NOT using this option appreciated. I use it on data file areas and Program Files but not on areas of the OS (exmple; c:\windows). -- Dave http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/...

Outlook will not open 02-27-10
My wife has a vista home premium laptop with office 2007 enterprise set up on it. within the last day, Outlook refuses to open - no new programs have been installed, no changes to the system. when you open outlook the first message appears saying "Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution." that window closes and is immediately replaced with the window that says "Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. you will be notified when a solution is available." ...

Accessing drive M:'s MBX directory structure
I am the local admin - logged onto the SBS 2000 machine as such - yet I can not access any of the user mailbox folders listed under the MBX directory structure on M: drive - except for my own. What rights do I need to be able to view these directories? Thanks, Brad you /do not/ want to mess with permissions on the M: drive. There are KB articles describing how you can administratively access other mailboxes via Outlook or OWA and what permissions you need. "Brad Pears" <bradp@truenorthloghomes.com> wrote in message news:%231p$nWLGHHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... &g...

My Outlook will not allow me to send emails with attachments.
Norton 360 pops up everytime I send an email with attachments and the recipient never receives the email. "Angelic Pax" <Angelic Pax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96E3C879-D99F-41A7-992D-382DFE733833@microsoft.com... > Norton 360 pops up everytime I send an email with attachments and the > recipient never receives the email. Disable the integration with Outlook. This may mean uninstalling Norton and re-installing without email integration. Not having email integration is no less secure than if you have it... check here http://ww...

Access 2007: Buttons will not work
Hi, I have two database systems on our genealogy computer. One of the databases is user protected and the other one is not. (I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem.) The system that is protected all of a sudden does not process the buttons when clicked. Nothing happens. The other system buttons work just fine. Any idea what could be wrong with the system that does not work? Thanks for any help you can give. Sherry On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 17:13:04 -0800, SherryScrapDog <SherryScrapDog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Make sure that system has Service Pack 1 ...

howto set a network drive label?
Hi!! SetVolumeLabel works on FS drives and fails with "incorrect function" on network drives. It must work on XP/2000 only. Regarding XP I've used the registry to change label but I'd prefer to use dome APIs!! I do not now howto address it on 2000... Thanks Ale Adding "kernel" group. -- Vipin Aravind http://www.explorewindows.com "Ale" <Ale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9772E755-2CD5-400A-AFFF-F7713E0F5512@microsoft.com... > Hi!! > > SetVolumeLabel works on FS drives and fails with "incorrect function" ...

Oversized mail item that will not die
Exch 2003 sp2 on 2003 AD network Mgmt elected not to implement size or storage limits. User tries to send a 500mb message containing zipped up mp3's to one of his buddies. It doesn't go thru, so they tried to send it several more times. SMTP traffic grinds to a halt. We kill multiple musical messages from the queue, all is well again, mail starts flowing normally once again. Except to the domain this guy was sending to. The message is nowhere to be seen in the queue - the domain constantly shows up as "active", with zero items in the internet mail smtp connector for ...

Pulblisher will not open my file
I am unable to open my document after it closed abrubtly. Can I recover it and reopen my work You can look in the temporary folder, there is a slim chance it is there. Type %temp% in the address bar of Windows Explorer. Find any file that has a pub prefix. Change the .tmp to pub and hope for the best. If you are working with a trial version of Publisher, it could be your time has run out. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "balanced" <balanced@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:767E7EDB-E328-4249-AEB1-10719FD8A798@microsoft.com... >I am unable to...

Money H&B Will Not Start
I have Money H&B (latest version - Money Plus 2008) and it has been running fine. I even used it this morning but now when I try to start it I get the screen about the Money Online Services Policy. I check that I accept then I get a screen that says "Money was unable to load the registration library (dll). I then check OK and it does not run. I am not in a position to reinstall Money until tomorrow, but I wan't your thoughts on what might have caused the problem and if the reinstall will correct the problem. Thanks I was able to get home to try to fix this problem. I ...

How do I back up autocorrects to CD?
Operating system is Windows Vista. Microsoft Word is 2003. How can I back up my autocorrects onto a CD? Download the template from http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/ExportAutocorrect.htm. Use the backup utility it contains to write your AutoCorrect entries to a document, which you should save to your hard drive first, and then burn that file to the CD. (Don't try to save the document directly to CD, bacause that could corrupt the document.) If you need to restore the entries, run the utility again and point the Restore function at the CD file. -- Regards...

How do I write my Ms outlook in box mail to a CD
My Out look mail box is full.I want to get the all my mails in inbox to a cd and deleete them(like a backup).I already archive the mail box.but it is not enough for me.I want to deleete the all mails and get them to a Cd to future use. Thanks hasanthi "Hansi" <Hansi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BEB4F557-5EE7-4685-9C25-2B87AA5C8AD5@microsoft.com... > My Out look mail box is full.I want to get the all my mails in inbox to a > cd > and deleete them(like a backup).I already archive the mail box.but it is > not > enough for me.I want to del...

no email for six months it's driving me mad.........!!! help....
i also have WINDOWS LIVE witch i just cannot get working at all!!!!! i just get irratated getting downloads of new version after new version!!!! it just seems simple enough but why does'nt it work!!???? please somebody help me out a.s.a.p.......????? There is no program named "Windows Live". That is the group name of a whole suite of programs and services, see http://www.windowslive.com/Get If you want help, you need to be accurate with your problem statement.=20 Did you mean Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, or Windows Live Hotmail? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Mi...

Upgrading to IE 8
I just went to a website that said they don't support IE6 anymore. Assume I'll be getting this answer more and more. If I upgrade from IE 6 to IE8 will I get the terrible favorites view rather than the IE6 I am have. IE8 Favorites drive me nuts when I try to save something in that I have to go though the "whole" list of folders rather than be able to zero in on a specific folder. Thanks ! For Internet Explorer questions not pertaining to Outlook Express, please post to one of the following: IE6 Specific Newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microso...

w2lk3 sbs move message store from C to E drive
System installed by default to C drive. WOuld like to have Exchange Data Bases on E drive. I have found where to set the location of the queues. Can I move the Exchange system from C drive? You can move exchange databse to any local drive http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821915 -- Jammyù�ٴ� "David Hancock" <DavidHancock@discussions.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D :69A358ED-D777-4793-A1F7-D5DEE8E58F61@microsoft.com... > System installed by default to C drive. WOuld like to have Exchange Data > Bases on E drive. > > I have found where ...

CD/DVD Drive does not open
Hi: One of PCs with XP/SP3 is slim and compact manufactured by a foreign brand, unlike other PCs, HP and Dell I've been using at work. When I tried to open CD/DVD drive to install a photo-program, it does not open. Only way I can open it is by a force putting both fingers. However, after that, a slot of CD/DVD where I'm going to put CD, it does not open up to receive. Then, this CD/DVD drive is completely useless. My question is; Is there any way for it to function properly again? Or, should I bring it to PC shop for? Your imputs would be greatly appreciated. ...

How do I delete an email that will not transmit?
I have an email with and attachment that will not transmit. When I try to delete it a window opens telling me the email cannot be opened because it outlook has already began transmitting. But it doesn't transmit and I can't delete it. Place Outlook in Offline mode via File-> Work Offline. Restart Outlook and you should be able to delete it. For other solutions see; http:/www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads,...

Outlook 2003 directories on another drive
Hi, all these years I have used Netscape as my E-Mail. There I had the possability to have a special drive just for my e-mail. Now I want to use Outlook 2003 and would like to put it on the same drive in order to keep my c-drive clean. I am sure there is somebody who has an idea, without toooooo many difficult steps. Thanks beforehand for any good answer ;)) Just locate your personal folders file (usually outlook.pst, but in file/data files you get the complete path) and move it to another location while Outlook is closed. On re-opeing Outlook will ask where its file is, select the ne...

Error messages saving to network drive
We've been having some issues here and hoping that someone can help me out. We have some Mac users who are having problems saving files to a network drive. In this particular case, it's a Netware 6 server. They either get disk full errors, read errors, or several others. These problems do not occur on the local hard drive. After spending quite some time working on this, it seems does not seem to matter which network OS is running. Reports have it happening on windows, netware, and unix shares. This does not happen with any other applications. Just MS Office. I've tested Office X an...