Can't re-enable microphone array

Folks-

I run run Vista Home Premium SP2 on a Dell XPS M1730 with built in
microphones(2). I inadvertantly disabled the Sigmatel Hi Def Audio
microphones from:

CONTROL-PANEL\SOUND\RECORDING\CONFIGURE

I expected the microphone array would appear with a CONFIGURE option to
enable it...but it no longer appears under RECORDING and I can't figure out
how to get it back. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

-Gary

0
GaryMac
5/17/2010 4:33:38 AM
windows.vista.hardware_devices 178 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How do I re-size/enlarge Building Blocks Preview Pane?
Using Word 2007. The Building Blocks preview pane is so tiny I can't read the displayed text. There doesn't seem to be any way of re-sizing the pane. Very grateful for any help. As far as I know, there is no way to enlarge the preview pane. If you are unsure if you need a particular Building Block, you could just insert it into your document. If it isn't what you want, use Undo (Ctrl+Z) to get rid of it. Note that sometimes you may have to Undo repeatedly. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Min Chambers" <Min Chambers@discussions.microsoft.co...

CDO Active Directory and Mail Enabling
Can anybody explain why we'd receive a "type mismatch" error in a mail enable routine with CDO, LDAP and Outlook 2003? Here's some sample code with the line that fails in bold. The catch is that it works on some systems, but not others, so I think it may be a dependency issue. I've added a comment indicating which line generates the type mismatch error. The code was pulled from Microsoft's Knowledge Base. Creating a Distribution List Using CDOEXM and ADSI -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Visual Basic ' Creating...

Re-enable account, no access to mailbox
Hello all, I need access to the mailbox of an account that was disabled. I enabled the account but cannot add the mailbox to any other user. I cannot even see the mailbox in Exchange Admin. I am running EX 5.5/Outlook 2000/Winnt 4.0. Any insight on this will be much appreciated. Ian is the mailbox hidden? you won't be able to access it, if so, unless you had configured a profile for the mailbox before it was hidden... "Ian B" <Ian B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75208EA5-D4C3-4DEC-8E88-9AAF764FDCBD@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > I need acc...

convert a 2 dimension array to a 1 dimensional array
Hi, I need to work on a very old piece of code written in C style. It has a two dimensional structure as shown below: const int nSize = 100; .... float (*templist)[6]; templist = new float[nSize][6]; Is the following code safe if templist needs to be converted to a one dimensional array? After the conversion, the 1st 6 elements in t need to correspond to templist[0], 2nd 6 elements in t need to correspond to templist[1], and so on. float t[nSize*6]; memcpy(t, templist, sizeof(float)*24); In some programming languages, an array may have a descriptor that occupies some space and henc...

Workbook protection with enable macros
Hi All, I am very beginner macro creator and need your help. I create woorkbook with two sheets and some macros what transfers data from th first sheet (A) to the second one (B). The A sheet will be fulfilled by several people and everytime dat transfered to B and save with the same name. Additionally the A shee will be coppied to the new woorkbook and saved with new name. I would like to create a macro or something what protects A shee against formating, B sheet against changes and macros agains displaying. Is it possible ? Thanks in advance for your simple replies. lud -- Message posted fro...

Re: MS Outlook XP (2002) Message Rules Problem(s)
frustrating problem. been tackling it for days. problem: when i create a rule, or more than one, to autorespond with a specifi template (regardless of whether the rules does other things or not, i it contains an autoresponse, this problem occurs) the FIRST incomin email that matches the criteria gets a response and NO others. why this is a problem: IF, for example, i had a autoR setup to send a pic of my God daughte to everyone that messages with the subject line: send me a pic of her ONLY the first person to send an email will get their email. also, IF i had another one setup w/ the cri...

Re: The Annoyance Of Having To Click Twice
OK. I tried it again with just /news -- as you recommended -- and it WORKS this time! EUREKA! Actually YOU found it. THANKS, Steve. Are you any relation to the famous writer? Nancy "Nancy Jackman" <nanwjackman@beaufort.com> wrote in message news:... > Catch 22! > > If you follow the steps below, with /newsonly -- WLM won't open in the > EMAIL view and you can't move to that screen in the program once you have > opened in newsgroups view! > > <G> > > So, yes, there are bugs in 64 bit WLM -- and "you ...

How Can We Determine Which Rollup We're Running?
I don't recall if we're running CRM 3 Rollup 1 or Rollup 2. How can we determine which rollup we're running? -- Brandon on CRM server add/remove program in control panel find the installtion of CRM server and under it you will find the Roullup1 /Rollup2. remember to check "show all updates". i believe one can also find it in crm registry . /Aamir ...

Re: Combine Name Fields
I have between 1 - 2 customers at the same address therefore I have the following fields first_name: last_name: second_customer_first_name: second_customer_last _name: How do I merge both firstnames together so they show up in one field I tried =[first_name]+" " +[second_customer_first_name] however if there is only 1 customer it comes in blank. Thanks Try this -- =[first_name] &" " & [second_customer_first_name] Or to get rid of any unused spaces if no second name use this -- =Trim([first_name] &" " & [second_cust...

Getting all positions of a value in an array or reference
Hi, I have a reference to a row and in that row, several cells have the value of 1. I would like to get the positions of all of them from the array. For example: A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 A6 1 0 1 1 0 0 I would like to get A1, A3, A4 is there a way to retrieve that information in a single formula? thanks Yossi, Yes, using an array formula entered into multiple cells. Is that what you want, or do you want the values returned to a single cell? If so, you could use a user-defined-function, or use two formulas (one additional one to concatenate the results of the multi-cel...

Re: Strange Payday rule...
Hi Guys, Well, I know that Money 2005 is in full effect. I have been using MS Money Deluxe 2004 for about 6 months. I really love it! The only issue that still really bugs me is below. My wife still works for the School district and still gets paid on the 8th business day of each month. Does Money 2005 (any version) have the ability to set this up as a rule? If so I will prob buy, if not I will stick with 2004. :) Also, is there any other burning reasons to purchase 2005 (vice 2004)? I am just a regular user, that keeps track of debits (and use the payees, calendar, etc) and reconcile w...

Re: Exchange 5.5 connector??
Oops...I meant "Specify by email domain"... "Susan" <susan@nospam.com> wrote in message news:... > you would have to configure the second IMS on another server...but you can > specify on the IMS where to send email for a specific domain...On the > "Connections" tab, click on "Specify by host"... > > "Jack Black" <JackBlack@hat.com> wrote in message > news:%23yYwaM38EHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > No, I didn't. Would that work? > > > > I just want to route SMTP traffic that goes to "...

Re-receiving old e-mails
Have a machine at the office recieving old emails from 3-4 months ago repeatedly each day (in duplicates as well) wondering if anyone can help since the official microsoft support is being anal and not taking my product ID. ...

Array bounds read when using DrawDibDraw
Hi there, I have been trying to figure out memory problems with my program for a while now. When I use the DrawDibDraw library and check the program with Purify I will get some, what they call ABR (Array bound read ), errors inside the SetDIBitsToDevice(). Here is the full message I get from Purify: ABR: Array bounds read in SetDIBitsToDevice {1 occurrence} Reading 2560 bytes from 0x001640b0 (1240 bytes at 0x001645d8 illegal) Address 0x001640b0 is argument #11 of SetDIBitsToDevice Address 0x001640b0 is 1344 bytes into a 2664 byte block at 0x00163b70 Address 0x001640b0 points t...

Embedding TCARD-enabled chm files in a pane
[I had posted this message under microsoft.public.helpauthoring and microsoft.public.inetsdk.html_authoring without much result] I'm trying to embed a chm file into a toolbar-like pane under CMainFrame. The pane contains an embedded WebBrowser which can navigate to a chm file (with a URL like "its:C:\\Temp\\Sample.chm::/Sample.htm") or to a htm file (with a URL like "C:\\Temp\\Sample.htm") without any problems. The problem happens when the chm file now contains embedded TCARD commands like <OBJECT id=training type="application/x-oleobject" class...

Re: Outlook spam
What do I need to do to be able to read selected spam messages in Outlook, MS Basic Edition 2003 On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 09:56:22 -0800, "nancy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What do I need to do to be able to read selected spam >messages in Outlook, MS Basic Edition 2003 Check in your folders for a folder named "Junk Mail" or something similar. If I remember correctly, that is where Outlook 2003 puts all suspected spam. -- Rich Cervenka Chicago, Illinois, USA Email Client: Microsoft Outlook 2002 News Client (Text): Fort´┐Ż Agent 1.93 www.forte...

Interleaving arrays
I have two sets of arrays. Array one contains a column of time values with a fixed interval. Array two contains a column of time values with random interval. I need to correlate the data related to each time value to a common time-base array so that, for example, it can be plotted. The problem is that the arrays are long (>10k samples), so I need an automated way to do this. I use the term 'interleave' to mean how do I get the two arrays of time values merged into one array that runs sequentially, while still maintaining some relationship to the data values associated with ...

Deserializing an array
Using VB.NET I want to read in an XML file that has an array of objects and then step through the resulting array in code. I build a class to define the structure and I am running code to read in the data but I can't figure out where the data is in the resulting array. Most of the relevant code is below. When I run the code to desrialize I get no errors but if I try to look at some of the data via the command window I get errors such as this: ?judges2.Judges(0).JudgeFirstName Index '0' for dimension '0' is out of range. What am I missing here? Wayne =============...

where is enable deleted items retention?
We are trying to restore deleted messages from Outlook. They were deleted from the Deleted Items folder. We run Exchange 2000. But I do not know where to start on the Exchange to try to recover and view the deleted messages. THANKS! Recovering deleted items is a two stage thing (by the way, I'm using Exchange 2003... Stage 1) Configuring the server - See http://usdt.mylivevault.com/webhelp/TSK/bk_exchange_2K_exch.asp for a pretty good explanation on how to enable deleted item retention. Stage 2) Once stage 1 is done, any user should be able to open Outlook, go to the deleted i...

make array
Hi how to make as array ? TextBox2.Text = Cells(ActiveCell.Row, ActiveCell.Column + 11).Value TextBox3.Text = Cells(ActiveCell.Row, ActiveCell.Column + 12).Value TextBox4.Text = Cells(ActiveCell.Row, ActiveCell.Column + 13).Value TextBox5.Text = Cells(ActiveCell.Row, ActiveCell.Column + 14).Value TextBox6.Text = Cells(ActiveCell.Row, ActiveCell.Column + 15).Value TextBox7.Text = Cells(ActiveCell.Row, ActiveCell.Column + 16).Value TextBox8.Text = Cells(ActiveCell.Row, ActiveCell.Column + 17).Value TextBox9.Text = Cells(ActiveCell...

Re-entering data into a Database
I have constructed a database and enter data three different times. For instance columns A-F are entered initially and conlumns G-Q are entered at later dates but must correspond with an existing inventory number. From using and index and nested matching funciton I have found the cells for which I need to enter the data such as "G7". However in writing my Macro I don't know how to place my cursor in this cell, since it changes with each entry, for instance the next entry may go in "G22", "P9", and so on. I am thinking it might require a loop starting ...

Formatting not saved when file re-opened
I have a file that is not retaining the applied formatting when it is re-opened. I have columns formatted as dates and others formatted as dollars, also have cells highlighted and cells with top and bottom borders. The file is saved (as 2003 .xls) using Excel 2007. When the file is re-opened, the worksheet has no formatting. It is as though I imported a ..txt file. This file has been tested on two different machines with the same results. Please Help! Thanks in Advance. ...

Re-implement CRM in New Server
Hi, Does anyone ever try to re-implement CRM in a new server by taking the data from the old one?? What are the things to consider if i want the new server will have the same url as the old one?? It will be a big help if you can give me a detail desription on how to perform it. Thanks Carrie Hi Carrie, The redeployment tools are made for this. There's a good description with the tool. Here you can get it: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=BFCED393-61DB-49AF-9A50-4A90B311FA7D&displaylang=en Kind regards, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Ca...

Want websites to think you're running IE7 or IE8? Or running XP or Vista? Read on:
The following are registry entries that make websites think that you are running higher versions of IE or something other than 9x/me. Save the following three registry entries to their own .reg file, and then merge one of them into your registry as needed. The first one sets the default setting, IE6 running on win-9x/me. The second sets IE to make it appear as IE7 running on XP. The third is IE8 running on Vista. Don't forget to reverse the change, afterwards, by merging the default entry back to your registry, to remove the spoof, as some sites (like Windows Updates, fo...

Re: workdays
thanks Ardus & Bob. Jimmy ...