write protect/write redirect/kios mode

Hey,

I LOVE snapshots in virtualmachines and think it would be awesome to
have something like this for my main windows install.

Anyone know of any hardware/software to redirect writes to another
drive/file/memory/hardware?

Or hardware to write protect a drive for kios's (i found some once
befor the reverted all changes on shutdown, but cant find it anymore
><)

I know VSS(virtual shadow copy service) has a function to redirect on
write and wondering if i might be able to use that :/

It will just make everything cleaner, and give alot of flexiblity to
setting up many setups with branching incremental backups :)

So anyone have any ideas? like the idea?

--
osarus

osarus

Template for writing a novel?
Where can i find any publisher related templates for writing a novel? Did you try Google? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "jacques" <jacques@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64BA765B-CA04-414F-9D2C-1F065D59F29D@microsoft.com... > Where can i find any publisher related templates for writing a novel? You don't actually want to write the novel in Publisher do ya? Word is more betta suited to that task. "jacques" <jacques@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64BA765B-CA04-414F-9D2C-1F065D59F29D@microsoft.c...

Folder Redirection ???
I have a 2008 domain with a 2003 terminal server. I'm trying, through group policy, to get folder redirection to work for 'my documents', but so far I can't. I'm not getting any error messages. Anyone have any idea or suggestions? "Matthew" <no@example.com> wrote in message = news:%23iB4woExKHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a 2008 domain with a 2003 terminal server. I'm trying, through=20 > group policy, to get folder redirection to work for 'my documents', = but=20 > so far I can't. I'm not getting any e...

password protect vba code
is it possible to password protect vba code? if so how can it be done? Hi right mouse click on your workbook name in the VBE window .. choose VBAProjectProperties, and choose the Protection tab - you can set the password in there. But remember - passwords only keep honest people out :) Cheers JulieD "greg" <greg@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OOR1s3T3EHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > is it possible to password protect vba code? > if so how can it be done? > > Umm yes and no From the menu bar in the Visual Basic Editor: Tools/VBAProject Properties/...

Outlook 2003 calendaring problem, cached mode with 2 mailboxes
Two mailboxes in cached mode. First box: personal mailbox. Secondary box: Functional mailbox User has full acces on secondary box. User accepts meeting request in secondary mailbox calendar. He is not an attendee but the meeting shows up in his personal calendar(first box) and in the secondary (functional box). -- Marcel How does this user have access to the second mailbox? Opened in his profile? Opened as an additional mailbox? What permissions does he have on the secondary mailbox? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussi...

Outlook 2000 generate errors in offline mode
outlook.exe generate errors only in offline mode and the application is closed. The error appear ONLY when you try to work in OFFLINE mode ! I try to apply the Microsoft Knowladge Base article - 297010 but without any success. Thanks. Marc. ...

How to let users add lines in lists in protected worksheets?
In Excel 2003, I have set up a protected worksheet with only a few cells unlocked, including a list. I want to let the users add lines to the list eventhough all the cells outside the list are protected. The users should not be able to add lines anywhere outside the list. Thanks. ...

Opening revision mode when selection is locked?
Was sent my manuscript text by the publisher to revise, but my program is in Read-only compatability mode. Can't access Revision Mode. "Selection is locked." Updated to Microsoft Office, but still can't access. Am hanging 300 feet up by a small root, largely incomputerate, but desperate to be saved, if there are caring souls out there. Thank you! On 31/05/2010 3:17 AM, SM NONA wrote: > Was sent my manuscript text by the publisher to revise, but my program is in > Read-only compatability mode. Can't access Revision Mode. "Selection is > locked.&...

Redirect Rule
At work, we have some people who use redirect or forward rules to receive their mail at home instead of using OWA, which we have allowed for. Recently, we have had complaints of bounces from an e-mail address that doesn't exist from some people who are sending to Distribution Lists in Exchange 2007. The behavior of the server is such that I can't seem to find the originator in our system who is redirecting mail to this outside disabled account. Since they are using Redirect instead of Forward rules, the original sender is receiving the NDR instead of the person with the ba...

Writing to a file
I am using the WriteString method of CStdioFile which throws an exception saying that the disk is full. There is plenty of space on my hard disk. I have opened the file in read/write mode and have performed a few ReadString's before executing the WriteString. Can anybody explain this behavior. Thanks Moiz >-----Original Message----- > >I am using the WriteString method of CStdioFile which >throws an exception saying that the disk is full. There >is plenty of space on my hard disk. I have opened the >file in read/write mode and have performed a few >ReadSt...

Evaluation mode problem
I am currently running version 1.3 and having a real problem (whats new) Every 4-5 days, all the POS machines go into evaluation mode. The only way for me to fix this, is go onto the SQL server, open up store operations manager, then restart Store Operations on all the other POS' and evaluation mode goes away. Any reason to this? Is there a fix or something I should look for? Thank you -- IT Admin. Which PC has the 1.3 dongle on it? -- Disclaimer: Always test any queries that modify data on a test database prior to running on your live data to ensure the desired results. ...

Anyone ever write a rule/script to do this?
Hi all, Before I go reinventing the wheel, I thought I'd as here first. Here's the deal. If I leave Outlook running at home it downloads my email from my POP servers and deletes the original messages on the server. If I am at work I cannot check my email for the obvious reason. What I would like to do is write a script, rule, or any combination to check an email that comes in and if it from a specific email address with specific content in the subject and/or body Outlook will shutdown, and stop receiving email. Any thoughts? TIA Brian BW <someone@somewhere.net> wrote: &...

Outlook 2003
We are running Outlook 2003 against Exchange Server 2003. We have problems with full-text searching when Outlook is set to 'Cached Exchange Mode'. Exchange is providing a full text index on user's mailboxes, and we can see (using perfmon) that the index is being used by Outlook when not running "Cached". However, "Cached" Outlook does not use the full text index, even when a high-speed network connection to the Exchange server is available. Instead, it seems to do a very slow (character?) search on the local mailbox copy. Is there some way to control this? ...

"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possi
"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because another user has a source table open in exclusive mode. your query will be opened in design view" what this message mean ,and how can i solve it Hi - Please provide more details as to what you are doing when you get the error, what your database setup is (i.e. split Fe/BE?, multiuser?, version? etc). Without more information, we can only guess. Thanks - John amr wrote: >"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because >another user has a ...

Lock-Protect documents
Excel 2002 sp2 How do you protect cells from being edited? I need to lock/protect all but 4 cells from being edited on a worksheet. I go into the 'format cells' properties of the 4 cells and 'unlock' them, and go into the 'format cells' properties of the rest and lock them. Then I go to tools, protection, protect sheet, I add a password and check only 'unlocked cells'. This isn't doing it, I can still edit the sheet, I emailed it to someone else and he can edit the sheet. What am I doing wrong? Thank you! You could prompt for a password using an in...

How can write this as workbook function ???
How can write this as workbook function ??? Workbooks("@@@@PLT@@@@MI.UCG.xlsm").Sheets("Sheet1").Range("D" & aWS.Range("A16").Value & "").Value it would be something like this ='[@@@@PLT@@@@MI.UCG.xlsm]Sheet1'!$D$ ^^^thisworkbook.A16.value^^^ and how would it be inside an IF function , requiring that value = zero (for example!) tx if can help me about paolo I think this is what you are wanting. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. =IF("[("@@@@PLT@@@@MI.UCG]Sheet1...

Writing to ctl on proerty page b4 OnInitDialog
My app is constructed this way: App creates primary dialog, dialog creates PropSheet, PropSheet creates 4 PropPages. One of the property pages (#3 of 0-3) displays data acquired from the network. The network access and page population is done from the primary dialog. The pages only send messages back to the primary dialog. The primary dialog does nearly all the work. If I select the tab of page #3 so that the property page is showing (or has at least been shown once) the population of the edit boxes with the network values works. This is done via a pPSheet->pPage3->CEditCtl.membe...

building block control wont work when protected as form
I have been trying to set up form letters etc in Word. I have managed to struggle through Microsoft's hopelessly inadequate help in Word 07 and online, stumbled accross some good 3rd party blogs etc so that I now have a limited understanding on the content controls. I have even managed to work out how to set up autotext to use with the building block control so that I can select the paragraph appropriate to the circumstances for my lettter - it works great if the document is not protected in any way. However when I protect the document to 'fill in forms only' thi...

2007 Excel Protecting a cell
I found help on this for 2003, but does not work the same for 2007. I want to protect a format in a cell but still allow data entry. How can I do this? -- Linda K Unlock the cells. When you protect the sheet do not allow "Format Cells" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 09:58:02 -0800, LindaAlex <Lindak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I found help on this for 2003, but does not work the same for 2007. I want >to protect a format in a cell but still allow data entry. How can I do this? That was a easy fix!! Thanks -- Linda K...

writing a script to close a range of Quick MOs
I have set my Items to be Lot Number tracked. I have tested closing a few Quick MO records. I notice that when I click on the "Close MO" button, it brings up the "Lot Number Entry" window so you can key in the Lot Number and quantities. Once you click on the "Insert" button and the "OK" button it starts to close the MO and returns to the Quick MO window. Now I have created a window and a scrolling window that shows a list of Quick MOs records that I can select to close. Once I have selected the records that I wanted to close, I would click on th...

Calculate sequential number in a protected form.
I have a protected form that users will fill in fields and then save it under a new name. This form replaces a 7 part carbon form that is sequentially numbered. I am looking for information on how to have the form open with the next number each time it is accessed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. gtc@idl wrote: > I have a protected ...

Protecting Excel formulas and VBA codes
Hi all, I would like to know more about password protection of Excel worksheets/books, formulas, and VBA codes. Is there secure ways to protect your formulas and VBA codes? Can I count on Excel's password or any other protection methods? I have understood that there is software available that can take away all the password protections. Is this correct? Thanks, Mika Hi Excel's build-in protection is very weak. You're correct there're a lot of (free) programs available to remove this protection. so in total: No real chance to protect an Excel sheet or VBA code -- Regards F...

I need to write a PRODUCT formula that mimics a SUMIF
I need to write a PRODUCT array =PRODUCT(1+(the values in column t that have a value in column d that match the value in D841)-1) Is there a way to do a PRODUCT like a SUMIF? ex: =SUMIF(D:D,D841,M:M) It's to replace this formula: =((1+T654/100)*(1+T671/100)*(1+T688/100)*(1+T705/100)*(1+T722/100)*(1+T739/100)*(1+T756/100)*(1+T773/100)*(1+T790/100)*(1+T807/100)*(1+T824/100)*(1+T841/100)-1) I think this array-entered** formula will do the same thing as the long formula that you posted... =PRODUCT((1+(T654:T841*(MOD(ROW(T654:T841)-8,17)=0))/100)) **Commit formula using Ctr...

Writing Macro for extracting info from other softwares #2
Hi, Is it possible to create a macro to extract information from other softwares like Chainlinx, PMS etc.? If yes, could you please explain briefly, how to do it? Thanks. ...

windows xp stuck in 640x480 mode
Heres the story. I have a refurnished gateway(xp pro) that was running good. - I went to the windows update site and downloaded alot of the updates. Afterwords. i downloaded a few optional software and hardware updates. This somehow caused the display setting to stay on 640x480 pixels-4 bit (color quality). The optional updates were for the monitor and video card. -Next, i ran dban to wipe the harddrive clean and reinstall with a dell reinstall disc. The display setting is still stuck on 640x480 pixels-4 bit. After the reinstall, its not connecting to the net; through my broadban...

Lock xml file writes through multiple aspx pages
What is the best way to lock an xml file if there are multiple aspx pages and/or ascx controls trying to write to it at the same time? I already got a suggestion to use FileShare.None on a filestream that is passed to XDocument, but I would prefer a solution that blocks/waits. "vani" <ivan.svaljek@email.t-com.hr> wrote in message news:i2u25a$fah$1@sunce.iskon.hr... > What is the best way to lock an xml file if there are multiple aspx pages > and/or ascx controls trying to write to it at the same time? > I already got a suggestion to use FileShare.None o...