working with different operating systems

My computer system information shows that my operating system is Windows 7
Home Premium.  I'm wanting to access a web application but it's saying that
my computer is showning up to be a Windows Vista Home.  According to the
requirement to access this web application I need to upgrade my operating
system to either a Windows XP Pro or to a Windows Vista Pro.

Is there a way to do this with my current operating system?

Is there a way I can change my current OS to one of the required OS's?

Or, is there a way I can run and/or install one of the required OS's while
keeping the computer's current OS intact?

Please if someone could let me know.  I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you,
Nathan

0
Nathan

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 13:38:05 -1000, "Nathan And Kerry" <n810@aol.com>
wrote:

> My computer system information shows that my operating system is Windows 7
> Home Premium.  I'm wanting to access a web application

What application? What do you mean by a "web application"?

> but it's saying that
> my computer is showning up to be a Windows Vista Home.

It was probably written before Windows 7, so it doesn't recognize it.

> According to the
> requirement to access this web application I need to upgrade my operating
> system to either a Windows XP Pro or to a Windows Vista Pro.
>
> Is there a way to do this with my current operating system?
>
> Is there a way I can change my current OS to one of the required OS's?
>
> Or, is there a way I can run and/or install one of the required OS's while
> keeping the computer's current OS intact?
>
> Please if someone could let me know.  I would greatly appreciate it!
>
> Thank you,
> Nathan

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
0
Ken
7/21/2010 12:31:45 AM
On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 13:38:05 -1000, Nathan And Kerry wrote:

> My computer system information shows that my operating system is Windows 7
> Home Premium.  I'm wanting to access a web application but it's saying that
> my computer is showning up to be a Windows Vista Home.  According to the
> requirement to access this web application I need to upgrade my operating
> system to either a Windows XP Pro or to a Windows Vista Pro.

I must say that it looks to me like you're misinterpreting the messages,
but that's just me :-)

I say that because a Web application doesn't run on your machine...

> Is there a way to do this with my current operating system?
>
> Is there a way I can change my current OS to one of the required OS's?

Yes - install the other system. You might end up losing all your work and
documents, of course, so it might not be such a good plan.

> Or, is there a way I can run and/or install one of the required OS's while
> keeping the computer's current OS intact?

You can install a virtual machine such as VMware Player, which is free, and
on that virtual machine, you can run almost any OS you like. It's just
another program running on your machine, but to the new OS it looks like a
real computer. Both OSes run at the same time, in fact.

I user it to run Windows XP on this Vista box because I have a program I
need that doesn't run under 7. It's pretty cool...

You will need an unused licensed copy of Windows XP or whatever, just as
you would on a dedicated hardware setup.

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
0
Nathan And Kerry wrote:
> My computer system information shows that my operating system is Windows
> 7 Home Premium.  I'm wanting to access a web application but it's saying
> that my computer is showning up to be a Windows Vista Home.

	It's clearly a badly written/coded application, and its developer needs
to fix it.

> According
> to the requirement to access this web application I need to upgrade my
> operating system to either a Windows XP Pro or to a Windows Vista Pro.

	Going from Windows 7 to Windows Vista or Windows XP is a downgrade.

> Is there a way to do this with my current operating system?
>
> Is there a way I can change my current OS to one of the required OS's?

	Well, there might be.  First, you'll have to purchase the older OS of
your choice, then format the hard drive and install it.

     If you're trying to replace Windows 7 with WinXP, you'll need to
format the hard drive and perform a clean installation of WinXP.

     There could be a couple possible adverse repercussions of which you
should be aware.  First and foremost, if the specific computer model in
question was designed specifically for Windows 7, there may well be no
WinXP-specific device drivers available to make the computer's diverse
components work properly.  Consult the computer's manufacturer about the
availability of device drivers.  Secondly, removing an OEM-installed
operating system and replacing it with another will almost invariably
void any and all support agreements and, sometimes, even the warranty.
You would, at the very least, have to re-install Windows 7 before
getting any support from the manufacturer.  Again, consult the
computer's manufacturer for specifics.

     All legitimate WinXP installation CDs are bootable and have the
capability of deleting, creating, and formatting partitions.

     Simply boot from the WinXP installation CD.  You'll be offered the
installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the order of boot

HOW TO Install Windows XP

> Or, is there a way I can run and/or install one of the required OS's
> while keeping the computer's current OS intact?

Alternatively, you can use Windows 7 Ultimate's "WinXP Mode."

Windows 7 WinXP Mode
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/features/windows-xp-mode.aspx

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
0
Bruce

------=_NextPart_000_0088_01CB28A3.669C9830

if you are using Internet Explorer to access the web application, then =
there is a compatibility mode you can activate which should solve the =
problem.

mikeyshd

  "Nathan And Kerry" <n810@aol.com> wrote in message =
  My computer system information shows that my operating system is =
Windows 7=20
  Home Premium.  I'm wanting to access a web application but it's saying =
that=20
  my computer is showning up to be a Windows Vista Home.  According to =
the=20
  requirement to access this web application I need to upgrade my =
operating=20
  system to either a Windows XP Pro or to a Windows Vista Pro.

  Is there a way to do this with my current operating system?

  Is there a way I can change my current OS to one of the required OS's?

  Or, is there a way I can run and/or install one of the required OS's =
while=20
  keeping the computer's current OS intact?

  Please if someone could let me know.  I would greatly appreciate it!

  Thank you,
  Nathan=20

------=_NextPart_000_0088_01CB28A3.669C9830

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16588"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri>if you are using Internet Explorer to access =
the web=20
application, then there is a compatibility mode you can activate which =
should=20
solve the problem.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<P><FONT color=3D#ff0000>
<MARQUEE bgColor=3D#ffff00 height=3D22 behavior=3Dalternate =
width=3D"35%" scrollAmount=3D2=20
scrollDelay=3D9>mikeyshd</MARQUEE></FONT></P>
<P>&nbsp;</P></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Nathan And Kerry" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:n810@aol.com">n810@aol.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:O6M0NUGKLHA.4216@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl">news:O6M0NUGKLHA.4216=
@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>My=20
  computer system information shows that my operating system is Windows =
7=20
  <BR>Home Premium.&nbsp; I'm wanting to access a web application but =
it's=20
  saying that <BR>my computer is showning up to be a Windows Vista =
Home.&nbsp;=20
  According to the <BR>requirement to access this web application I need =
to=20
  upgrade my operating <BR>system to either a Windows XP Pro or to a =
Windows=20
  Vista Pro.<BR><BR>Is there a way to do this with my current operating=20
  system?<BR><BR>Is there a way I can change my current OS to one of the =

  required OS's?<BR><BR>Or, is there a way I can run and/or install one =
of the=20
  required OS's while <BR>keeping the computer's current OS=20
  intact?<BR><BR>Please if someone could let me know.&nbsp; I would =
greatly=20
  appreciate it!<BR><BR>Thank you,<BR>Nathan =
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0088_01CB28A3.669C9830--

0
mikeyhsd

How can I join messages who has been sent in different parts in MS Outlook?
Hello, I've received an email who has been broken in three parts. I know that the mail has been send by MS Outlook Express (limit 1 MB in Outlook Express) and I use MS Outlook. How can I join those three attachments (mails) together? Thanks for a quick answer and all the best in 2004! Fr�d�ric f.simons@skynet.be PS: see help paragraph below from MS Outlook Express about this topic, but my e-mail program didn't combine them into one message. To send large messages Many e-mail and news servers limit the size of the messages you can receive and send. Usually this l...

System date error on Money 2004 trial.
I downloaded the trial version of Money 2004 Deluxe from MS's website and installed it. It soon became apparent that it was a US specific version so I uninstalled it and located the trial version of the UK specific one. Unfortunately, Money isn't happy, and every time I start the application, it reports that the system date is set earlier than the date on which I first used Money (it isn't). Any suggestions on how to get around this? I really would love to try it out. Cheers, 4Space I can't guarantee this is the answer but try setting the date via Control Panel > Regio...

Send e-mail from different addresses with one Exchange server...
I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each company. How can we make it so he getst to choose which address e-mail is SENT from? Is there a way to do it in Outlook 2007? "centre21" <centre21@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias:f8c27a5a-65fb-4862-b95f-27cd87248a36@v13g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. > This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each > company. How can we make it so ...

formula in different worksheets
If I have the following formula in a worksheet to bring up a message box =IF((F4-E4)>=15,PromptPayment()+F4-E4,F4-E4) How can I transfer some information from different cells to a new worksheet if the formula above works? Thanks Monty Hi formulas can't change other formulas. If you need such things maybe the following is interesting for you: http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2004/12/22/functions-that-do-things/trackback/ -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Monty" <Monty@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:30A14E15-4B1D-47AA-8DDE-7969...

Pivot forms don't work
I've a strange problem on my company PC. All PCs are equal and the installation of OS and programs has been made using the same disc image. On some PCs, like mine, is not possible to open pivot tables and pivot graphs. Double clicking one of them, the hourglass appears for a couple of seconds and that's all. All Access components are installed. Have you already heard about a similar problem? Is there any setting to check? Thanks in advance ...

Connection Filtering not working?
Howdy, I have E2K3 Std. Ed. SP1 and Symantec Corporate Edition (Anti-spam and up to date Anti-Virus) on W2K3 Std. Ed. SP1. I have entered 67.160.74.91 into the deny list and yet when I look in the Symantec logs it says I've received viri from that address! I thought that if I entered an IP or subnet into the Deny list I would no longer receive email from that IP or subnet. Why are viri being caught in the anti-virus when Exchange should be filtering that connection? Stacey Assuming you enabled it on the SMTP virtual server as well... ? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.co...

Read the mail with System.Web.Mail
You can read the mail arrived and sent using the System.Web.Mail? Or you must use (telnet-style): tcpClient.Connect (txtServer.Text, Convert.ToInt32 (txtPort.Text)); and use the command "RETR" to read mail. In this case you know how you set the credentials for SSL? Why do I have problems with Google! Thank you. ...

Outlook Mobile Access stopped working...
I don't know why -- "Exchange 2003 SP1 Single Server with RPC over HTTPS enabled in a Windows 2003 Domain" All I get is this very cryptic message: A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. I am the Administrator! :-) -Blake "Galvanon" <galvanon@online.nospam> wrote in news:e#FCP394FHA.1536@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl: > "Exchange 2003 SP1 Single Server with RPC over HTTPS enabled in a > Windows 2003 Domain" > > All I get is this very cryptic messag...

vbscript working on windows 7 x86 but failing to write to DB on x6
Hi Guys, Ive got a vb script a previous employer wrote which pullis inventory information from wmi & writes to an access DB. The script works fine on xp & windows 7 32 bit but on windows 7 64bit it will not write to the database. I have attached the code for the writing for you to look at. I think its to do with the jet engine but im not sure. I can get the fields to echo data but its just not writing to the DB. hope you guys can help. Sub InventoryUpdate If blnRunInv = True Then Set oConn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") oC...

hyperlink not working w/firefox
I read the issue of 3/9 and I am not sure that I understand. I too created my site using Publisher 2003 and I realize that the links work fine in IE and not FF. I just followed the Publisher rules to create the site. This is my first attempt and I am not well versed in the jargon YET. My site is http://www.abusinessintention.com/. If you will be asking what I did. Well, I could not tell you. I just followed the rules of Pub. I too may have used pub defaults. I am encouraged by your response that pub just needs to be tweaked. WooHoooooooo! Please post your question in the web g...

4 different post cards in publisher 2003
Help! I'm working on postcards for our customers, I merged data from MS Excel into 2003 Publisher and when I print a test page, it gives me 4 postcards with of the same addresses in a pg. I need each of the 4 postcards to show a different address. The format of the letter is the same but the recipients are different, How do I set that up? When you merge you can only have one card on your screen for the merge to be successful. Print preview in 2003 will show all the data the same, this is a Publisher bug. If you merge with a one card view, the test print should be correct. -- Mary ...

Hyperlinked files on hard disk not working in Web Site preview
I have been publishing my Web Site to the Web for 3 years without this problem. All of a sudden when I made changes to the site and web page previewed, everything worked--all hyperlinks ect.--except the hyperlinks to PDF files. Every click got the same message: "Accessing the resource C:\Document Settings\ ect. has been disallowed." I've checked everything I can think of and rerun the repair programs in my Office Software and separately in Publisher. All my updates are current, and I use XP Professsional. Can anybody help me? Regards, Marshall Version 2000 made a cop...

Will Office 2000 work in Win XP-Professional 64-bit version
Which of these products will work with Win XP-Professional 64-bit version 1. Microsoft Word 2000 2. Microsoft Excel 2000 3. Microsoft Publisher 2003 "vootsak" <vootsak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:357F4C8F-0889-44C6-AF84-39C393026C4B@microsoft.com... > Which of these products will work with Win XP-Professional 64-bit version > > 1. Microsoft Word 2000 > > 2. Microsoft Excel 2000 > > 3. Microsoft Publisher 2003 > > Should but no absolute guarantee as there may be something else installed that will ...

printing mailing labels in OPerations Manager
My mailing labels have never aligned themselves well on the actual labels. Recently they've relocated themselves to even more inappropriate position with the top line printing entirely off the label and the left hand margin off the label as well. How do I align these labels correctly? I've looked at the labels.def file and can make no sense of it. The same is true of the Labels.rpt which is meaningless to me. Is ther a way to get these labels back onto my Label? Microsoft has a custom mailing label available in the report download area of CustomerSource which prints the lab...

Idea for Passport Users who cannot Work Offline.
I wonder if this would work as a workaround: 1. Disconnect from the internet (via hardware or software). 2. Start Money and choose work offline. 3. Re-connect to the Internet. Just an idea-- which is not tested. However I am pretty sure that it can't hurt to try it. Let us know if it helps or not. That doesn't work - get error message that password is incorrect (it isn't!) Ray Martin "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message news:n63dg0duhera87mjev660hdmasstk1il6c@4ax.com... > I wonder if this would work as a workaround: > >...

How make an Accelerator key work regardless of which control has fokus?
Hello, I have an MFC, CFormView, application. On the form I have several different controls, e.g. Edit control, Tab control (in the tab control I have a grid control) I also have defined an accelerator key (F5). Now to my problem: If the focus is set to one of the edit controls then the accelerator key will work. But if the focus is on the grid control then nothing happens... I guessing that the grid control, or the tab control, is "eating" the key but how do I make the key "visible" to the form? I'm using VC++ 2005 and the grid is Mr. Chris Maunders MFC Grid ver...

Merging two different files
Does anyone know how to merge two files with these conditions: They are two different versions of the same file, each modified with different information,. Has anyone had direct experience with this? ...

MS Outlook worked for 3 yrs 11 mos... then 550 5.7.1 ERROR. Fix??
MS Outlook 2003 Pro worked for 3 yrs 11 mos... then yesterday, 01/08/2010: 550 5.7.1 <e-mail address>... Relaying denied. Proper authentication required. As a result, I cannot send e-mail to anyone. My newer computer's OS is Windows XP Pro. Also, the SAME error occurred on my older computer (also MS Outlook 2003 Pro) when I booted it up to send e-mail, also under Outlook 2003 Pro. My older computer's OS is Windows 2000 Pro. The two computers are NOT connected. I haven't changed anything on either computer. The last successful 2003 Outlook update was mo...

system message freezes outlook
Hi, We are using outlook 2002 with exchange server. On the client, if we receive a system message (e.g., read receipt, undelivered message etc.) and happen to move your mouse on it, it freezes the outlook. All other messages are fine. Anybody has seen this problem before? Thanks, Sarah ...

"Customized Screen Display" (CTRL-F6) intended to work this way
If I initiate the Touch Screen display in Store Operations POS (by CTRL-F6, set up the desired displays, and then OK) and then scan in an item for sale, a dialog pops up asking to accept requested, backorder, etc. After clicking or pointing to 'accept requested' the item is added to the list of items in the 'body section' but the Touch Screen menus disappear. I need to use CTRL-F6 to get the Touch Display Menus back on Screen. Have I set up the system wrong or is the normal? Thanks in Advance Kent Smith RMSrookie ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microso...

Outlook 2003 Calendar Taskpad
I have been using the Taskpad in the MS Outlook 2003 Calendar for quite a while. All this time, there has been a field at the top of the list where I could add a new task just by typing the subject. Just this week, without my doing any Outlook updates (to my knowledge), that has disappeared and the only way I have to add a new task to my list is to open the entire New Task form -- which is a time- consuming pain. Also, at the same time, two other functions have stopped working: I can no longer click the checkbox on a Task (in the Calendar Taskpad) to mark it complete and I can no longer righ...

TLS not working due to invalid certificate
without changing anything on our exchange 2007 server I got folowing error after a reboot: A certificate for the hostname "www.eu.company.com" could not be found. SSL or TLS encryption cannot be made to the IMAP service. running Get-ExchangeCertificate |fl gives me following result: AccessRules : {System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule, System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule, System.Security.AccessControl.CryptoKeyAccessRule} CertificateDomains : {www.eu.company.com, autodiscover.eu.company.com, mail.eu.company.com,owa.eu.company.co...

Findfirst NOT working with DAO.Recordset
Can anyone tell what is wrong with the following code? I am getting an error 3251 "operation is not supported for this type of object" I've searched the forums but everywhere it is said to use DAO recordset but that's what i am using !! Any help will be appreciated. Here's the code: Dim dbProjet As DAO.Database Dim tdfProjet As DAO.TableDef Dim rstProjet As DAO.Recordset Dim ProjectNumber As Long Set dbProjet = Nothing Set tdfProjet = Nothing Set rstProjet = Nothing Set dbProjet = CurrentDb Set tdfProjet = dbProjet.TableDefs("tblProjets") ' Opens the T...

Missing servers folder in exchange 2003 system manager
Would anyone perchance know why I no longer have a server folder under my organization? I can't for the life of me figure out what I did to make it disappear, but I'd really like it back. Thanks, -- Jordan Mills Did you change the view? Organization properties, then see if "Display Routing Groups" and "Display Administrative Groups" are checked. They aren't by default. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Jordan Mills" <usenet@spam.me.later.jordanmills.net> wrote in message news:%23V%23%236f1tFHA.3932@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl......

Code does not work on merged cells #2
My apologies if my post wasn't too clear, let me try to explain again - Throughout my spreadsheet I have cells with Data Validation where you select from a drop down list. These cells are then "Merged and Centered" with the cell immediately to its right - so cell B3 is merged and centered with C3. In my code, if I add B3 - the code doesn't work. I have tried B3:C3 and even tried naming the cell and using the name. Thanks -- fuzzyfreak ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fuzzyfreak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.p...