Windows Media Player no picture 08-03-10

Vista windows Media Player 11 has sound and visualization but no picture on
some AVI files. One file that does not respond is Fill Handle.exe. AVI
which is a tutorial for Windows Office 2007.

0
Richard

MSN-Like Chat window
Hi, Im trying to put an msn-like chat window on my program. I want to be able to select text in the window, and it needs a vertical scrollbar. I also want to be able to put images in the text (smileys). How can i do this? And also, how can i put the window on top of its parent window without flickering? Any help would be appreciated :) and if you cant help me, thx for reading anyway :) Thomas ...

Windows Explorer top bar missing...
How do I turn on the Windows Explorer bar that has "File Edit View Tools Help" on it? TIA, Paul Tools-> Toolbars and click Menu Bar. -- brummyfan There is no "tools" - that is what is missing... "brummyfan" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:0793af89c1a82823894af38b1f28710c@nntp-gateway.com... > > Tools-> Toolbars and click Menu Bar. > > > -- > brummyfan > > How do I turn on the Windows Explorer bar that has "File Edit View Tools Help" on it? TIA, Paul If you...

windows live messenger closes w/ dep on desktop but not laptop
I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled windows live messenger, and without fail it crashes with Window s vista home premium every time on my desktop computer. and yet it works fine on my laptop. The only difference is that my laptop is newer. I simply CANNOT figure out why vista is barfing on messenger. It has NEVER worked on my desktop and I'd really like to be able to chat with my friends. i even tried to add the windows live messenger to the list of "safe" programs under the DEP folder thingie,but it says that I HAVE to run msn messenger with the DEP...

Full Screen 04-16-10
How can I get a DOS program to display full screen in Vista Home Premium? Thanks! -- Bill Run an emulator program, like Dosbox.. http://www.dosbox.com/ -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Bill H." <wh@photosourcefolio.com> wrote in message news:ed5eBlY3KHA.4336@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How can I get a DOS program to display full screen in Vista Home Premium? > > Thanks! > > -- > Bill > > > That's the only option? Hm. --Bill "Dave" <Dav...

Stats microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (last 7 days) 05-31-10
"Caveat: Quantity is not necessarily a measure of Quality" Newsgroup.................: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Stats Were Taken..........: Mon, 31 May 2010 08:16:11 GMT Stats Begin...............: Mon, 24 May 2010 08:18:00 GMT Stats End.................: Mon, 31 May 2010 06:03:01 GMT Days......................: 7 Total No. of Articles.....: 603 Total No. of Characters...: 1654455 Total Volume..............: 1615 Messages Per Day..........: 86.1 Characters Per Day........: 236350.7 Average Daily Volume......: 230 kB Total Posters This Week...:...

Windows Live Mail
When do you think Microsoft will incorporate (for us busy folks out there) the ability to minimize Windows Live Mail to the notification area rather than having to re-open the main window every time you want to check for emails or send them? Like they do with Messenger; leave it running when you close out of the main window so that users can receive their IM's and emails. This should be incorporated into the next version of Windows Live Mail. Hi Branny, > When do you think Microsoft will incorporate (for us busy folks out there) > the ability to minimize Windo...

Splitter window size tracking
How do you track the sizes of the individual window panes in a static splitter window? For example, when the splitter bar is moved, how would I get notified that the window pane size has changed? problems wrote: > How do you track the sizes of the individual window panes in a static > splitter window? For example, when the splitter bar is moved, how would I > get notified that the window pane size has changed? > > In you want to detect this in the splitter then you could derive a class from CSplitterWnd and override the key functions, especially RecalcLayout. You view...

Programmatic removal of Properties Window
When my application starts, the Properties window [appears/not appears] when the first form displays depending on whether it was visible when I last saved the form. How can programmatically I hide the Properties Window when the application starts, if it is currently visible? Thanks, John =?Utf-8?B?Sm9oblN3?= <JohnSw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:A21F888A-E668-4665-A2E3-29F43CDC1A72@microsoft.com: > When my application starts, the Properties window [appears/not > appears] when the first form displays depending on whether it was > visible when I last saved the f...

newsgroups 01-13-10
What are these news groups for? Questions about MS programs and problems you may be having. Good Newsgroup Posts: http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm How to ask a newsgroup question: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375 How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Don't spam me" <Don't Spam me@no spam.com> wrote in message news:eMY7PeKlKHA.5604@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > What are these news groups for? If you won't both...

Entourage Mail 01-30-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: imap I am trying to move mail from one folder (the main in box) to in box folders on other entourage mail boxes to better organize my mail. <br><br>I have opened the mail that I want to move. I have dragged it to the destination mail box. When I look for that e-mail, it is not in the original in box and it is not in the destination mail box. It seems to have disappeared. <br><br>How do I move mail from one entourage folder to another? On 1/30/10 9:01 AM, in article 59bb1e52.-...

64 bit- Windows XP Professional
I just upgraded my O.S. to Windows XP Professional - 64 bit and have already encountered some problems. Could someone give me some sound professional advice, please! After installing the 64 bit Xp Pro O.S. onto a new hard drive I could not install my anti-virus program (it states it isn't compatible with XP 64 bit). Am I going to get this from many other programs? Next ,I can't get the 64 bit OS to recognize my 56 k modem, the "Found new Hardware Wizard" doesn't recognize the modem. I tried another modem and the OS found it but couldn't find a d...

problem accessing sites and viewing pictures
Some time in the last few days I have started to experience problems accessing web pages such as facebook, hotmail login, petfinder, weekly ads from stores etc. other pages do not bring up or show pictures (like on a shopping site. I have a strong wireless signal and my internet provider said it was the program. I run IE8 on windows 7 help! ! ! ! I need my internet fix ! Thanks Hi Sherm, What Toolbar IE Addons do you have installed (if any)? The latest rounds of MS updates included updates to .net framework. Some IE Addons use this and may no longer work properly....

Certification exams 08-28-03
Hi there, Does anyone know if there are microsoft certified exams available for MS CRM yet? I know there are courses available through certified ctec's but are there any exams available to write? If not does anyone know when these might be available? TIA Partners that belong to Microsoft's Certified Professional Program may take the certification exams. Join CPP and take exams thorugh PartnerSource (https://www.greatplains.com/_mem_bin/FormsLogin.asp? SSL=0&/partnersource/Default.asp) The exams are available to be taken on-line. >-----Original Message----- >Hi the...

FileUpload Control 07-16-10
My application is a in-message application that functions like MS Outlook, but I is just for the users of the application. If my user uploads an attachment (via the FileUpload control) then goes back and click the priority button or does anything to cause a postback the FileUpload control is wiped out. How can I fix this bug? Do I have to use a javascript solution? ...

PLEASE HELP 05-17-10
Ok I am trying to make the document where if I enter "a" in one cell, the cell next to it will auto populate a given value that I define. Please let me know how I can do this!!! Thanks!!! If you have a table of values somewhere which determines what "a" is equivalent to, then you could use a VLOOKUP formula in the next cell. Hope this helps. Pete On May 17, 10:14=A0pm, sagenichole <sagenich...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Ok I am trying to make the document where if I enter "a" in one cell, the > cell next to it will auto p...

Will an upgrade path from 9.0 SP4 to 10 ever be available?
I've upgraded close to 200 companies to the SP4 patch. Looking down the line, will the 9.0 SP4 patch ever be upgradeable to GP 10? Yes it is, find the upgrade path in my blog post below: http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/2009/02/upgrade-path-to-gp-100-from-older.html Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gmail.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Josh Kandiko" wrote: > I've upgraded close to 200 companies to the SP4 patch. Looking down the > line, will the 9.0 SP4 patch ever be upgradeable t...

Query Question... 02-25-10
I have filenames listed in a DB with '.pdf', I would like to to run an update query to loose the '.pdf' since everything is scanned as a pdf. There are hundreds of entries. Can someone give me a hand with the script? Thanks David In an update query AFTER BACKING UP DATABASE use this -- Replace([YourField], ".pdf", "") -- Build a little, test a little. "116" wrote: > I have filenames listed in a DB with '.pdf', I would like to to run an update > query to loose the '.pdf' since everything is scann...

Sizing a window
I have a property sheet that needs to be resized based on external conditions. When is the best place (before and during display of the window) to change the size of the window? Thanks, I guess it depends upon when your external source tells it to do so. Typically you will do it before you display it(after creating it). -- Ajay Kalra (MVP - VC++) ajaykalra@yahoo.com "John Garcia" <jggarcia@controlgaging.com> wrote in message news:OHvKimt1EHA.2316@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a property sheet that needs to be resized based on external > conditions. When is t...

Please Help with Windows Defender Error
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have read so many documents and tried so many things that do not work. When I turn on my computer I get this error message about windows defender. Error Code 0x800106ba Application failed to initialize.... I found this article "Article ID: 931849 - Last Review: May 4, 2010 - Revision: 3.0" . I tried everything and nothing worked. I got to the last option, #4 and this file wuaueng.dll was not succefull in running. Here is what the last option # 4 says to do. If this issue is not resolved after you complete step 3, follow this step:...

Outlook password #10
Hi All, The password you give to an Outlook pst file, is it saved in het file himself ? And how can I find it when I am using an hexplorer ? Greetz Migu´┐Żl Yep, and that is the beauty; you can't find it with a HEX editor. Just curious; why do you want to know? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Miguel" <d-force@pandora.be> wrote in message news:OnyssNUeEHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > The password you g...

Powerpoint 2007 / Windows 7 avi videos turn black
I have hundreds of Powerpoint Files with thousands of avi files integrated. Since i reinstalled my System with Windows 7 the Videos in PPT tunr after playing into a black box instead of showing the last frame. The same PPT-Files runs in Windows XP without any problems. I tried different codecs. I also tried to reduce the hardware acceleration. Has someone a a quick word of advice for me? Many thanks in advance. Regards Matthias "Matthias F." wrote: > I have hundreds of Powerpoint Files with thousands of avi files integrated. > Since i reinstalled my...

Outlook '03 Mail Notification Icon Missing (??)
My e-mail notification icon in Outlook '03 refuses to appear in the task bar. I've gone to: Tools > Options > Preferences > E-Mail Options > Advanced E-Mail Options and checked the "Show an envelope icon in the notification area" box with NO luck :~( Can someone advise me to what I'm missing here? Thanks...Keith On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 00:30:32 GMT, "Keith" <keith@yahoo.uk.com> wrote: >My e-mail notification icon in Outlook '03 refuses to appear in the task >bar. > >I've gone to: Tools > Options > Preferences &...

Will Publisher 2000 work on Windows 98?
I have a user with Windows 98 who needs to share Publisher documents with other users who are using Publisher 2000. I installed Publisher 97, but they have compatibility issues. Has anyone installed Publisher 2000 on a 98 machine? Does it work properly? Yep - and Pub 2002 as well. Both work just fine. Did have to update my graphics drivers but........ :-) -- The problem with resting on your laurels is that eventually you are sitting on dead branches. JoAnn "Darla" <moonchildokc@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:07f701c36775$c6e3d380$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I hav...

shrink to fit 04-06-10
Does anyone know the keyboard shortcut for the Shrink to Fit command in Word 2003 Print Preview view? I don't think there is a shortcut assigned by default. In Tools | Customize, click the Keyboard button and then assign a shortcut to the ToolsShrinkToFit command. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Kate Jones" <Kate Jones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35DEB112-8335-4C76-839E-7F3B8C5E1BF4@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know the keyboard shortcut for the Shrink to Fit command in > Word > 2003 Print Preview view? ...

Is MONEY installed on Windows XP computers already?
Is MONEY installed on Windows XP computers already? If so, how do I open it? I keep getting a message about putting the cd in the drive but I didn't get a cd. Please help. No, it's a standalone product. You might have got it from your computer supplier, and so it may be on the collection of cd's you got from them (if you don't have a CD from them specifically for Money, then it could be on another one you have). If you post the message you are seeing, someone might be able to provide some more information -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org...