Windows Media Play & srt files

I did write a post saying, since upgrading to Vista, WMP would no longer
play SRT subtitles.
No-one offered to help me, and being charitable I assume no-one knew!

Well. I had googled previously without result, but googling again I found
the answer, namely to download DirectVobSub.
I read that WMP does not play srt files by default.

Hoping this post helps some people, if any, who have had similar trouble.
--
David Barnett

0
David

Money 2004: file size
In the last week or so I've noticed a strange "bloating" of my file after downloading about 50 stock quotes. Before I update the quotes, the file size is about 27 meg. After, it's grown to 31 meg. I don't remember seeing messages on quitting the program that it's compacting my file (used to get those every couple of days with M2003). If I run Repair/Quick on the file, it goes back to the previous size, i.e. 27 meg. Why the huge increase after adding 50 quotes? Why no automatic compacting? Hi Myrna - Just did a review of my 2004 file. Before updating, 56380; after...

Dual Boot problem after latest Windows update
I dual boot Win XP Pro SP3 with Win 7 RC1. Had no problems until yesterday 2-9-10. I downloaded the malitious software removal tool which went OK. I went back and downloaded the first 5 items in the list. I don't like to download to many at one time. Since a reboot was required I did that. I chose early version of Windows from boot up menu and was taken to safe mode screen. Chose normal startup, Win XP startup screen briefly appears and then reboots. If I choose Win7 from boot menu, Win 7 starts normally. No matter what I try to get into Win XP it goes into reboot and Safe Mo...

Maximum allowable file size.
We have soem users that are moving from Aldus Pagemaker 5, to publisher 2000, then 2003 in a few months. What is the maximum size publication size, page number, or MB/GB. 2000 maximum size is 2Gig. Any help will be greatly appreciated. ...

Unable to Read File #9
When I open a workbook, I sometimes get the message "Unable to Read File". Usally after three tries, I get the following message: "Error was detected in '{file name}' but Microsoft Excel was able to open the file by making the repairs listed below..." The repairs message says "Damage to the file was so extensive that repairs were not possible..." The file, when opened, has no formulas or formatting. Sometimes this is ok, but recently I had to reformat, including formulas, a workbook with 12 worksheets. This was not fun. Has anyone else run into this probl...

reading only the first 30 bytes of an HTML file with xml object
Hi, I wonder if there is a way to read only the first x bytes of a xml responsetext. In my project I need only first 20-30 bytes of very large HTML files and i don't want to wait for the rest to be read. Here is a piece of code i use ; Dim xml As New MSXML2.XMLHTTP xml.Open "GET", address , False xml.Send MsgBox Left(CStr(xml.responseText),25), vbInformation, "Info..." This code does the thing i want but i have to wait for all the body to be read and only after that time i can parse the text. I want to stop the process after 30. byte is read bec...

Using Access Reports in other EXE file
Hello I'd like to use access reports from any access version XP, 2000 or 97; because of the easy way to build such reports. Have you ever found or built any solutions permitting to reuse such access reports objects in other exe files, developped in Visual Basic, Visual Studio or even Delphi.... Thanks a lot for your suggestions Hi. Most programming languages support launching an executable, so the Snapshot Viewer executable would be a good choice for viewing reports exported from Access as Snapshot (*.SNP) files. Access would not need to be installed on the computer in order to view ...

Create Windows Directories from column entries?
I have to create approximately 2800 folders. I have created a worksheet which has concatenated the various data needed to create the final desired name of each directory. I am now copying and pasteing while ALT-TABing between a Windows "Open Folder" dialog window, where I hit the "New Folder" button. I am wondering if there is a way to have a select column/row set to be coded or scripted to make the output to new windows directories? Thank you For i = 1 To Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Rpw mkDir Cells(i,"A").Value End If ...

Spam Folder not receiving Emails in Windows Live Mail
In my Windows Live mail i have added a folder to move all my spam into. Some of the spam i use, but the last couple of days i have received no emails at all with spam. I am receiving normal emails to my inbox. I use the Message Rules in Tools to move everything with "spam" into a separate folder. I have even cancelled this to see if that works. Any ideas would be great Thanks in advance Are you saying that the emails come with spam added to the Subject? If yes, then you have a spam program doing the labeling or your isp is doing the labeling. -- Ron Sommer MS...

Double Clicking File
When a user double clicks an excel input file, if it finds an open workbook, it adds it to the workbook with the same settings. Could this be changed so that when the user double clicks an Excel Input file, it opens a new instance of Excel rather than using an existing one? ...

convert sql file to access
Is there any way i can convert a sql file (downloaded as a backup from an online forum) to ms access? Basically the aim of doign this is to be able to print a custom made report from the forum data Well, there is a free working copy of sql server on your office CD (it is the desktop editing of sql server called MSDE). Perhaps you can just install that..and then view/edit the data? The MSDE . At that point, you can either a) simply export the data to something that ms-access can read. (if you have the sql server tools installed, then you can use the DTS services ..and export to ms-ac...

Recently Used File List Problem
I have Excel 2000. I have the recently used file list set to 6. During a session of Excel, it will expand from, say, 4 files to 5 (when I click on File/Open), but after I close Excel and relaunch it, it loses the last file opened and only shows 4. This seems to happen ONLY with spreadsheets from a particular folder. Others stay across sessions. What happened, and what can I do to get it back to working properly between sessions? Thanks. ...

Windows 7- Better than Vista?
Hi I'm running XP Pro. I chose not to try Vista due to all the bad reports. Is Windows 7 any better or should I stay with XP Pro until the dust settles? M. What does "better" mean? Mario wrote: > Hi I'm running XP Pro. > I chose not to try Vista due to all the bad reports. > > Is Windows 7 any better or should I stay with XP Pro until the dust > settles? > > > M. Mario wrote: > I'm running XP Pro. > I chose not to try Vista due to all the bad reports. > > Is Windows 7 any better or should I stay w...

re install windows xp
i reinstalled xp and now my roxio adaptec burner program will not work,,it will hardly open and is very slow,,,like 5 min to open a mp3,,,help Your best bet is to post in a Windows newsgroup. This newsgroup deals with questions about Microsoft Excel. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "jjoks" <jjoks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31CB14F4-3988-4615-9E42-28CBDB977666@microsoft.com... >i reinstalled xp and now my roxio adaptec burner program will >not work,,it > will hardly open a...

Exchange 2003 Problem after Windows 2003 SP Installation
Hi! We have Exchange 2003 (front-end and back-end). After we have installed Windows 2003 SP1 on servers we cannot create Mail-Enabled-Group in Exchange. We get error message: "Unspecified error" code="0x80004005" execut eSeqNo="28" How can we fix this problem? Best Regards Cicek ...

Opening hyperlinked word document in separate window.
I have two separate word. One of them has a list of codes, while the other has definitions of those codes. I've created links between the codes and the definitions. I envision the user being able to have these two documents side by side. When he clicks on the code in one document, it will take him to the definition in the other. The problem I've encountered is that when I click on the hyperlink, the other document moves over the original document, showing the definition, but being in the way. The user has to drag the document off so he can click on another link, whi...

Outlook creating zip file with attachments
When I send attachments, instead of the file being sent as an attached file in the native format (Word, PowerPoint etc) the file is converted to a zip file. How can I stop this, or prevent it from occuring? I have unchecked everything in PKZip's configuration setup that makes any reference to email. Thanks. Uncheck that option under Quick View Plus settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After sea...

File Version Needed
Could someone running Exchange 55 SP4 go to the add-ins container and get the file version of Internet Mail connecter for i386 (I need to put it back). Many Thanks. If you area talking about \exchsrvr\ADD-INS\SMTP\I386\IMCADMIN.DLL my version is 5.5.2653.23 size is 442,128 (442,368 in disk) Last Modify date is 10/19/2000 -- Regards, Hank Arnold "Mike Parker" <a1200.68030@virgin.net> wrote in message news:1fd801c3a903$cfd9cf60$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Could someone running Exchange 55 SP4 go to the add-ins > container and get the file version of Internet Mail > ...

File Import
How to programmatically import excel sheet by using command button in the form The excel file Name (MyExcel) My excel file path C:\MyExcel First row contain column heading (true) (((In a new table ))) Can we do that by code Note by manual Lookup the DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet Method in the help file. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.cardaconsultants.com/en/msaccess.php If this post was helpful, please rate it by using the vote buttons. "a" wrote: > How to programmatically import excel sheet by using command button in t...

How to find files over a year old
Hi all, I would like to locate all the files in my User account (Documents folder, etc.) that are over a year old--so I can decide if I want to just delete them. Is there any easy way to do that? -- Steven L. Hello Steven, You can do an advanced search (see tutorial below) to search for files by "Date" (step 5) in the "location" (step 4) that you like to find them. http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/75451-advanced-search.html Hope this helps, Shawn Steven L.;1265247 Wrote: > Hi all, > I would like to locate all the files in my...

GP 10.0 Security - Purchase Order Entry Window
I'm frustrated and looking for help. The problem is that users are being given the error message "You don't have security privileges to open this window. Contact your system administrator for assistance." when opening the Purchase Order Entry window. When users click OK on this message, the Purchase Order Entry window opens. One of the users does not see this message (it appears on other machines while using that user's login) on his office system. So, it appears as though he can't open the window. As a temporary fix I've assigned him to the POWERU...

EFT transaction file generation on Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0
Customers find it inefficient that Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 creates one transaction file per unique check batch. They prefer the design of previous versions with which they are able to generate only one transaction file for multiple payment batches on the Generate EFT Files window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based New...

Using OL'98 'Outlook Bar' to manage files causes invalid page fault
I setup the outlook bar w/ shortcuts to different folders (local & network) so that I could use it instead of windows explorer. The first time I set this up, it worked fine for a couple of days, and now all I get is illegal operations when I click on one of the short cuts. OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 015f:bff9d709. Any suggestions? I've already tried the suggestions on MS- OL98 troubleshooting tips re: this problem. It fixed it for about 2 seconds. Looking for permanent fix ezroller ...

Can't register Windows Scripting Host with Windows 7
I have a vb6 app. which uses Windows scripting host. The inno installer has always worked well on Windows 95 through to Vista but on Windows 7 produces this error. C:\Windows\system32\wshom.ocx unable to register the Dll\OCX: regsvr32 failed with error code 0x5 Any ideas? I've heard the installation of windows scripting host is now considered a bad security risk from windows 7 onwards. You should always know the redist. situation with any file before you ship it -- and not just on the level of hearsay. Sorry if that sounds scolding, but we're shipping files to other ...

Easy File Transfer
Is there a program, preferably free, that will unwrap the MIG file created by Easy File Transfer (used from Vista to 7)? Thanks in advance teabag What do you meant by "unwrap"? This file is handled by Vista and WIndows7 to firs tcreate a compressed image of all settings, then restore them to a new machine - between Vista & Vista or Vista<-->Windows7 Unwrap as in 'take the cover off' - compare with Zipped files that can be unwrapped with WinZip and Cab files that can be unwrapped with WinRAR. I am sure you know Easy File Transfer does not g...

Compress feature for pictures in a word file
I was used to use this feature in PC-Office 2003. Click right on one picture, go to edit picture, select compress and you could compress this particular picture or all. Very nice feature to reduce filesize. However, it does not exist on office for mac 2004. Does it exist in MacOffice 2008? On 2/28/08 9:34 PM, in article ee8f24d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "jbellamy@officeformac.com" <jbellamy@officeformac.com> wrote: > I was used to use this feature in PC-Office 2003. Click right on one picture, > go to edit picture, select compress and you could compress this particu...