Windows Mail Font color

Can you set a default font color for mail messages?
0
Robert

I use Black background and silver fonts.  But it takes color scheme from
WIndows general color scheme set in right-click on empty
desktop-->Appearance-->winwo color/apperanaces or somethign to that effect.

It's not an answer, it's a comment.  Wait for a real answer, and also post
your question to WinMAIL Group.

0
Stan
1/31/2010 10:23:45 PM
"Robert" <instructor@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can you set a default font color for mail messages?

If you don't get answers here, you might want to post in the dedicated WM
group.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

0
PvdG42

coding a UI like Windows media Player in vc++
hi there i am writing an app which involves the management of digital stills and audio, and writing it in vc++6 i will use wmp to play audio, and i may have to write a custom skin just a general qst - what api/sdk is best to use to get that cool ui that microsoft have in wmp - ie, non-regular buttons etc cheers bhu ...

HELP: Handling WM_SHOWWINDOW when window opened SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED
I've verified that the WM_SHOWWINDOW handler OnShowWindow() is not called when ShowWindow is called with SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED. I created a dummy MFC app (doc/view and no doc/view) and reproduced the behavior. So, here is what I have (simplified)... MFC app with no doc/view support. CMyWinApp::InitInstance() { .... pMainFrame->ShowWindow(m_nCmdShow); pMainFrame->UpdateWindow(); .... } CMainFrame::OnShowWindow(...) { // Not called when m_nCmdShow == SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED!! } This seems to be the designed behavior. Does anyone know why? What message can I handle in this case to know when the...

disable MDI window list menu
I created a MDI application. When I create a new child window, it automatically adds window name to the 'Window' menu, i.e., it adds 'Doc1', 'Doc2'... How do I make it NOT do that? Thanks. WJ You can change the default name of your documents (in the string table) or you could remove the Window menu from the top menu, or, I think, you can just hook into OnInitMenuPopup() for the mainframe and remove the entries starting with AFX_IDM_FIRST_MDICHILD. This article might help you get started. In this one they remove all those items and replace them with a popup...

Problem after e-mail server re-start
Hi, I have the prblem for OWA users to access the Exchange server every times re-started the server, and Outlook users using IMAP connection also experience delays or hangs. The following is found in the event log Source: W3SVC Event ID: 101 The server was unable to add the virtual root '/Exchange' for the directory 'M:\speedsourcing.com\MBX' due to the following error: The system cannot find the path specified. The data is the error code. From the Internet Services Manager, paths for Exchange, ExchWeb & Exadmin are all unavailable. The first two can be manually r...

Conditional format if cell=0 then font colour same as background .
I have linked a cell from another sheet. If the original cell is blank, 0 shows in the linked cell (text would be typed in source cell). To handle this, I conditionally formatted the linked cell, so if it equals zero, the font colour is the same as the background colour of the cell so you can't see the zero But the zero still prints even though it is not showing prior to printing Try the formula =IF(Sheet1!F14="","",Sheet1!F14) in the linked cell. HTH Sandy -- to e-mail direct replace @mailintor.com with @tiscali.co.uk "Paligap" <Paligap@discu...

Excel tab as windows
Is there a way while running Excel to be working on one tab and open another tab as a smaller window that is always on top. So I can enter information in both tabs without having to minimize, maximize, or switch back & forth? Thanks C. Fillmore Hi you could align the windows so you can see both at the same time. But a 'always on top' option does not exist AFAIK -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany surveyorinva wrote: > Is there a way while running Excel to be working on one tab and open > another tab as a smaller window that is always on top. So I can > enter in...

Task Window to open and stay open
How do you get the Task Window to open and stay open when you start up Excel 2002? I have the "Startup Task Pane" clicked in the Options|View window. Thanks, Jeff ------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------- ---------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------- You may have a hidden workbook that opens automatically as Excel starts up (e.g. Personal.xls), so the Task Pane closes, despite the Task Pane setting. You can change the Registry, or add a macro to the workbook that's opening autom...

No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook #2
I have Excel 2003 (11.6113.5703) running on windows XP. I have loaded the latest update from the web. When I try to change the font size of text in the axis or label of a chart, a message shows "No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook." When I do a print preview of the charts, the same message shows up and then the print previews would be displayed. I'd appreciate if you can tell me the fix. Jon Peltier has some information on this in his Charting FAQ article: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon025 and at his web site (use th...

Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book #2
Hi all, I have just created a new contacts list in our public folders. When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is unchecked. To save me going to all workstations and checking this setting, is there some way I can set it to "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" automatically? Cheers Marty... ....ms... <martin@adg.com.au> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have just created a new contacts list in our public folders. > When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail > Address Book&q...

batch importing of mailing lists to Excel
I've got a mailing list of around 1000 names, stored in both Word and Entourage like this: First Name Last Name <e-mail address> Once I’ve eliminated the < >, do I then have to individually copy & paste (or type) all the info in three Excel columns? Or is there a simpler solution for batch importing of mailing lists to the Excel spreadsheet? "bgsignal" wrote: > I've got a mailing list of around 1000 names, stored in both Word and > Entourage like this: First Name Last Name <e-mail address> > Once I’ve eliminated the < >, do I then ...

determining bold font in a string
I have a spreadsheet where in order to code the importance of one word over another in a string words were entered in a bold in the string. Is there a function I can use to identify bold text in a string so it can be separated into a new column? You could use a userdefined function to extract the bold characters: Option Explicit Function GetBoldChars(myCell As Range) As String Application.Volatile True Dim iCtr As Long Dim OutStr As String Set myCell = myCell.Cells(1) 'one cell at a time OutStr = "" If myCell.Font.Bold = True Then ...

Outlook 2003 running on Windows 2003 (as client) breaks after SP1
Have Exchange 2003 running on SBS2003 and has been running great for over a year. Many users use Outlook 2003 remotely using RPC over HTTPS with no problem. Then one user running Windows Server 2003 STD on a laptop (a client machine) applied the new SP1 and Outlook connection over HTTPS is now broken. The Outlook authentication request appears again and again - it is never satisfied. Tried running it as "outlook /rpcdiag" and don't get any additional information that is helpful. Just simply does not authenticate. Had Virtual PC running on the Windows 2003 machine so we tried usi...

Excel 2007 chart color change based on the label.
I have 12 charts 1 for each person and the data changes every week and some of the values have 0 so are filtered out. On the chart I want 0-15 to be blue, 16-30 to be light purple, 31-60 to be a cream color, 61-90 to be light blue, and 90+ to be dark purple. With the code below I can change the color if I take the if statement out but I would like to change the color based on the label. I have tried several things like .text, .name, and .label. I just can't fine the right name. Name1 0-15 1 61-90 1 90+ 3 Name 2 0-15 14 16-30 5 31-60 1 61-90 6 90+ 12 For i = 1 To A...

How do I import Windows Address Book entries into the Outlook 2003 Address Book?
How do I import the Windows Address Book entries into the Outlook 2003 Address Book? Thanks. In Outlook 2003 I found the steps to import the Windows Address Book entries in the Outlook 2003 Address Book. For those who may want to know the steps I used, here are the steps: 1. Run Outlook 2003. 2. Click Go -> Contact or press Ctrl+3. 3. Click File - Import and Export. 4. Select 'Import Internet Mail and Addresses'. 5. Click Next. 6. Select 'Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x' and unselect 'Import Mail' and 'Import Rules'. 7. Click Next. 8. Click Finish to impo...

window must now restart because the RPC service terminated unexpectedly
I have a Win XP/Office XP user have problem when connecting to the LAN and the error message is "window must now restart because the remote procedure call service terminated unexpectedly" and then the system restart in one minute. Any idea with this and appreciate for any help. ...

Problems with Windows XP updates
Downloaded automatic updates have (4) times caused my computer to not restart. Could not start in safe mode to access restore point. Could not reboot to last known good configuration. Had to repair OS and decided to turn off auto updates. I'm now missing too many updates but it's pointless to download updates - mess up my computer - do repair and have the same thing happen again. Any suggestions? The original Windows XP came installed on my computer, but I did buy a backup CD from Microsoft - this is the CD I've used to do OS repairs. My computer summary is li...

Mail Merge from Outlook Skips Records or doesn't merge at all
Outlook 2002 with Windows XP I set up a mail merge from Outlook with several contacts. The document seems fine, I can see all the recipients when I "view merged data" and in the "mail merge recipients" but when I complete the merge into a new document only 2 records are merged. When I switched to labels I received an error message "data records were empty or no record matched query". I've set the merge up "saving the contact data file to another document" and not saving it, neither worked. ...

Font schemes
In Publisher 2003, when I click to change a font scheme, over half of them don't display the chosen fonts correctly. I installed this 2003 version a few days ago in its own directory. Any ideas? Thanks, Madison ...

Junk Mail Filter Update
I just installed the latest Update for Outlook 2003 Junk-Email Filter (KB956077) thought Windows Update (Vista Home Premium) and now my Junk mail filter isn't working at all. What do I need to do to get it back working? Thanks I also had a problem after installing this - plus a few other updates from Windows. My problem was different - none of my Office 2003 applications would start up! To recover I used the System Restore utility ( Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | System Restore ) and restored my system to the point just before the updates were applied. Try it ...

distribution lists sending out multiple mails
Hi, This a rather odd problem. My client has a distribution list setup with about 50 members. Sometimes when he sends an e-mail through the list some of the members receive 5 of the same e-mail. This does not happen to all of the members, only some of them. And the results are not consistent with everytime he sends an e-mail through the list. Just wondering if anyone has seen this. Possibly it's a problem on the recipients end. Any ideas? I am experiencing the same problem in Outlook 2003 with messages sen from a bcc list. Did you receive any answers that might be helpful t...

Auto dialer occurs when receiving html mail
I am using OL2000 and have been having some trouble with the autodialer coming up when I just click on a message sent to me that has what I assume is HTML. The problem is that if that message is the most recent message in my inbox then when OL auto connects on its regular hourly schedule my mail delivery fails. The other problem is I don't want to auto connect to the web every time I select that particular type of message. Any suggestions? Hi Michelle, look under TOOLS | OPTIONS | MAIL SETUP send immediately when connected deaktivate under that option you have the dial up opti...

Web-based Outlook bug: Cannot open mail when the subject field ends with a . (dot) character
From web-based Outlook, you cannot open any mail with the subject field ends with "." (dot) character. Outlook web will return HTTP 404: The page cannot be found. It's URLScan doing this. See http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325965 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Ken Jones" <ken888j@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bb0d99.0406161345.6e30c8f@posting.google.com... > From web-based Outlook, you cannot open any mail with the subject > field ends with "." (dot) character. > &...

Default fonts for composing.
Hi, I tried changing the font for composing of new email in the option, but when i am composing the email, it changed back to the default font "Arial". i went into the option to see again, it's still Century Gothic. even for the news composing too. juz like now, im using Arial. it wont change to specified font. Pls help. -- work oftenly, not offensively. ...

Updates On Windows XP Pro From WSUS
We are using WSUS to distribute our updates to our PC's. How do I determine which update is not installing properly? Every time I shut the computer off it is trying to install updates. Terry1337 wrote: > We are using WSUS to distribute our updates to our PC's. How do I > determine which update is not installing properly? Every time I > shut the computer off it is trying to install updates. Event Log. WSUS console. Etc... -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...

Mail-merge for e-mail
When using the mail-merge functions in order to send personalized e-mails to each of the students (e.g. how each did in his/her exam, what individual grade they obtained, which questions they answered wrongly, etc.), I set up an Excel spreadsheet that has each of the fields I need. The process works very well all the way to what appears to be the last, or next to the last step. That is, I get to review the individual e-mails, they look fine, and I get to enter the e-mail's subject. But, when I finally click on Ok to submit the e-mail, it does not perform the function. In one instance, I sa...