Windows KB2092914 Update stalled

Hi,
Windows update stalled on KB2092914. There was no error message. This is for
Microsoft Works which I do not use. I was able to install all other updates
of the 8/11/2010 set. Now each time I shutdown I am asked to run the update
and shut down.

I would like to remove the download of KB2092914 so that I don't get this
message. How do i do this?
Dell Studio laptop running Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP2
--
Frank C
Dell Inspiron 530S

"Frank C" <FrankC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Windows update stalled on KB2092914. There was no error message. This is
> for
> Microsoft Works which I do not use. I was able to install all other
> updates
> of the 8/11/2010 set. Now each time I shutdown I am asked to run the
> update
> and shut down.
>
> I would like to remove the download of KB2092914 so that I don't get this
> message. How do i do this?

In Vista Home Premium 32 bit you can find it here:
Start>Control Panel>Windows Update>Frequently asked questions>Help &
Support/Can I remove Updates?
If it's different in your version, you might want to use this as a guide.

Harry.

> Dell Studio laptop running Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP2
> --
> Frank C
> Dell Inspiron 530S
> Win Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP2
> Dell studio laptop
> Win Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP2
> HP Photosmart D7260

0
webster72n
8/14/2010 4:33:42 PM
Frank,
I would suggest you to go to installed updates and remove the update, here
is the link:

<http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Remove-an-update>

Ǝиçεl
 ◕‿◕
 -=-

"Frank C" wrote:

> Hi,
> Windows update stalled on KB2092914. There was no error message. This is for
> Microsoft Works which I do not use. I was able to install all other updates
> of the 8/11/2010 set. Now each time I shutdown I am asked to run the update
> and shut down.
>
> I would like to remove the download of KB2092914 so that I don't get this
> message. How do i do this?
> Dell Studio laptop running Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP2
> --
> Frank C
> Dell Inspiron 530S
> Win Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP2
> Dell studio laptop
> Win Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP2
> HP Photosmart D7260

cannot install Office 2001 Combo update 9,0,4
When I try to launch it on my G4, the Classic Environment is automatically launched. Then I get the following message: "The default location for this install cannot be found.This install will be cancelled." I have no trouble with other installs. Hi It sounds like you may have put your Office 2001 installation in a place other than the default location and the updater can't find it. Is that possible? -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Googl...

Windows 7 Mail Question
Does Windows 7 have an included email application? If so, does it support IMAP, POP, SMTP, EXCHANGE and HTTP email configurations? Thank you. -Frank YES "Frankster" <frank@SPAM2TRASH.com> wrote in message news:ze6dnYRTr8IDfqXWnZ2dnUVZ_hOdnZ2d@giganews.com... > Does Windows 7 have an included email application? If so, does it support > IMAP, POP, SMTP, EXCHANGE and HTTP email configurations? > > Thank you. > > -Frank Windows 7 does not include an email program. I use the free Windows Live Mail,(http:\download.live.com) but ther...

Windows XP Start.wav / Start Navigation sound isn't working
Hello, and thank you for reading my post. For some time now, I noticed that my PC's "click sound", which normally appears while surfing in IE 6, wasn't working. I'd learned that I'd need to visit the Start Navigation sound in Control Panel-->Sounds and Audio Devices, and select Windows XP Start.wav...which I'd do, but it wouldn't stay in place as soon as I clicked on "Apply". Because of this issue, and others, too, I reinstalled a "clean" version of Windows XP SP2, and then upgraded it (&, by extension, IE 6) to SP3,...

Which one first?Install Windows Server 2003 SP1 or Exchange SP2 ? #2
Hi, We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ? By the way, any issue with Exchange SP2 ? Rgrds, Zul See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=37488 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=896742. I would recomment upgrading Exchange first. -- Regards, Roland "Zul J" wrote: > Hi, > > We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update > the software in terms of patches, so which one...

WTF is wrong with MS Money 2007 Updates?
For the past few days the updating of pportfolio prices has been intermittent. This morning, an hour after the market has opened, the prices have still not updated. Anybody else having this problem? Anyone have a clue @ what the problem is? I usually find the program helpful, but sometimes it can be a real PITA. Tx, FD 90% of my portfolio update requests also fail - the online update arrows just spin endlessly. Like you, this has been happening for several days. Updates used to be pretty much rock-solid - no more. Using MS Money Plus Deluxe. Dave "FumDuk" wrote: > ...

Installing Updates
I keep trying to install these updates, but they continue to fail to install. I have disabled my McAfee, but it still wont install. I am at a loss. Any suggestions? Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB982308) Security Update for Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007 (KB979441) Security Update for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 (KB982158) Security Update for Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 (KB982124) Security Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB982135) Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB982312) Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft O...

Has the service pack and Moble connectivity update been released?
Has the service pack and Mobile connectivity update been released? There was talk at the last Microsoft seminar I attended back in June that there would be some patches and feature updates for CRM released this summer. Have they been released yet? Bill Walter yes they have been released. Go to support.microsoft.com then downloads and seach on microsoft crm. the mobile addon has been released as well as updates for Windows XP SP2 -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Bill Walter" <wqwalter@hotmai...

Update Prolbem
I got Money 2005 Delux ( Web ) and it will not Update. I used the same passport account that i got money with.. I have a cable connection and its been on all night and still only says 1%. I have tryed makeing a new user account and making a new money file and it still would not download. ...

eConnect: Difficulty updating SHIPMTHD
I am having trouble getting the SHIPMTHD field to update when I update existing sales orders. No matter what I set this field to, it does not update the original SHIPMTHD that was passed in when the order was created. Has anybody had success updating the SHIPMTHD field for existing sales orders? Thanks, Bryan Bedard Windsor, ON Bryan - I do it all the time. The biggest issue I found was the methods being set up exactly the same on both ends. -HTH - Mark "Bryan Bedard" wrote: > I am having trouble getting the SHIPMTHD field to update when I update > existing sales ...

Signature Removes after Office Updates
All clients have signatures setup with disclaimers. However, after applying Microsoft updates via WSUS, the settings for the signatures are removed and are not automatically showing on new mail and replies. Can anyone provide some direction on what to look into to get this corrected? This client must have the disclaimers show on every new mail and reply coming from within the network. Thanks !!! ...

Updating Share Point list from within Excel
I have the need to update an existing SharePoint list within Excel using VBA code. Is this possible? Can somebody point me to some reference that can direct met on how to do it? I'm able to save workbook and create dashboard from that workbook. However, now I need to update custom fields in an existing list. Regards, OMER ...

AfxBeginThread and wait for the window creation before return to the caller
Hi, I write a child class, derived from CWinThread: MyUI_thread. This thread only creates a dialog with animated GIF and some others static controls. When I start the tread with AfxBeginThread (for example in a static function MyUI_thread::CreateMyUI) I don't want to return to the caller before the window is created, activated, and visible. If I don't do that, the caller can deal with the window too much early (invalid hwnd, invalid handle of the thread of animated gif ..etc) I try to set an event, which is signaled in a handler of WM_SHOW, and I lock while the event is not signaled j...

Windows Server 2008 Remote Application
Planning on running GP 10.0 on a Windows 2008 server as a Remote Application (not the full RDP client). Testing is going well, with the expection of Default Printer Selection. Dynamics is not successfully selecting the client's redirected Default Printer. This behavior seems fairly random and other applications that have been published as Remote Applications do not have an issue with printer selection. The goal is that Dynamics GP uses the client's re-directed (via TS EasyPrint) default printer. Clients are running XP SP 3.0, .Net 3.5, and RDP 6.1. Anyone experiencing simil...

Convertibility Issue between Windows Excel 2007 and Mac Excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have created a very extensive budget for my company in Windows Excel 2007 containing multiple tabs, hundreds of formulas, a few arrays, some conditional formatting, etc. A few of the individuals needing access to the file are running Mac Excel 2008. Unfortunately, whenever I try to send it to them, they are unable to open the file getting an error saying The file might have been modified or damaged from its original format. However, whenever i send it to another user of Windows office 2007 they can open it without any proble...

Problem after MS Update KB978207
Hi All, After installing KB978207 we found we had no network connection and IPSec eventId: 7023. Has anyone else installed this yet or found a solution to this? Thanks, Nick My guess is this is that old DNS reserved ports issue that can happen randomly on any reboot and has nothing to do with KB978207. Make sure you add the DNS reservation patch to fix your IPSec booting issue: http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2009/03/11/sbs-2003-and-dns-patch-issues-revisited.aspx -- Allan Williams Nick wrote: > Hi All, > > After installing KB97820...

cell format update problem #2
say, c1, c2 is formatted as text. and a1,a2,b1, b2 are formatted as general. a1=1,a2=2, b1=1, b2 =2 and I entered c1 =a1+b1, c1 shows =a1+a2 as it is, not 3. I drag the corner of c1 and copy c1 to c2, c2 is a2+b2, So I have to F2 and enter all the cells, c1, c2. Is there a way other than "F2" and "Enter"? Consider formating c1 and c2 as general. Good Luck. "news.microsoft.com" wrote: > say, > c1, c2 is formatted as text. > and a1,a2,b1, b2 are formatted as general. > > a1=1,a2=2, b1=1, b2 =2 > > and I entered c1 =a1+b1, > c1 shows...

Windows 2008
Hello, I want send Clustercommands, set Ressources Online/Offline, against a Cluster. We are using a Windows 2008 x64 SP2 Server. Unfortunately I didn't find any links in the web to help me for this question. Can anyone help me? * witch Power shell version do I need for this tasks * can you give me some Examples Thaks for your help Franz-Josef Only Server 2008 R2 comes with clustering cmdlets. For Server 2008, if you want to automate clustering, you will have to use cluster.exe. There's also at least one other interface: either WMI and/or COM (I can't ...

move to new windows server and upgrade sql server 2000 to 2008
Hi I need to move/upgrade one of our sql server (sql server 2000 SP4 on windows server 2003) to a new sql server 2008 on a new windows server 2003 R2 box. What is the best way to upgrade move the databases /logins etc. If I just backup and restore the database logins/passwords will not be transfered. dbdba -- ontario, canada db There is upgrade advisor for sql server 2008 , search on interent "db" <db@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99D3A184-9888-4ABA-9A2F-AF2363302950@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I need to move/upgra...

Updating Values and X Axis Labels
Thanks for your help. This response by XP wasn't expected. When ever I update the chart value range and X axis labels the chart (line graph) doesn't update. I click and drag to update the Value and Categoty X axis labels. Do I have the axsis formated incorrectly? Under the format labels, Right now I have "base unit" checked. And the Max and Min dates are entered. In previous versions of excel I know you could just update the cell range and the chart would update. This should be so elementary. Thanks - Tom -- Sony Luvy If the min and max are not set to au...

IE7, webpages won't fit in a window?
When running IE8 many webpages open too wide for the window and they have to show a scroll bar at the bottom. I've switched back and forth from IE8 to IE7 to Firefox and only IE8 shows this behavior. The worst offender is the forums at Crackberry: http://forums.crackberry.com/ Any ideas would be much appreciated, thanks. -- XS11E, Killing all posts from Google Groups The Usenet Improvement Project: http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/ Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista 64-bit SP2) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so...

Error message regarding updating american express data
When updating my accounts online I receive a message indicating there was an error downloading from american express. It indicates the account may be closed or the number may have changed. Neither is the case, and the update completes and downloads the data from american express correctly. Any suggestions on eliminating the message? AMEX has been having problems for the last two days and I can't even sign on to the AMEX website this morning to THAT get that message today. It appears to be an AMEX problem based on the message on their website yesterday. -- PlsHelpMScan't ...

Re: Money 5.0-Error Updating Stock Quotes
When trying to update stock quotes via the internet, it no longe recognizes the stock symbols (this began happening sometime i Feb/March 2004). I've used the update feature in ver 5.0 for ~ 8 year without problems and have not changed any settings. Anyone have solution (other than the obvious....upgrade!) - tbridg ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message593303.htm In microsoft.public.money, tbridge wrote: ...

how to stop a thread early in the process of closing a window
I have an MFC program that uses this thread to continuously update some animation: while (!m_StopFrameTrigger) { Sleep(10); Invalidate(false); } when I close the window, I often get errors. From the callstack I see that the last call was the above invalidate. I need to make sure this thread gets stopped before the window is closed. setting m_StopFrameTrigger to true in OnClose isn't fast/early enough. What might work? -j Don't use the sleep function Try to create a "waitable object" like Event, and use "wait" instead of sleep and with the timeout, and che...

migrating windows Server 2003 to windows 2008 with Microsoft Dynam
Hi, Someone know, if exist any problem to migrate windows server 2003 to windows server 2008 with microsoft Dynamics GP 10.00 without any Service Pack? Microsoft Dynamics GP is only compatible with Windows Server 2008 on Service Pack 2. With this said, you can upgrade to Windows Server 2008 without the service pack, but will need to apply Service Pack 2 after the upgrade. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Jorge" wrote: > Hi, > Someone know, if exist any problem to migrate windows serve...

Outlook97 / Internet Mail
My Outlook97 / Internet Mail Continue to update with an OLD Mail file each time I CheckMail. What can I do? I have: Remove and recreate Profile Delete and started with clean PST file deinstalled and reinstall OutLook even reinstall Win98 Very frustrated .... help ...