Windows faild to lead....

Sorry if I am posting under the wrong category but did not know where is
post. Now I know this has been posting before but I am have a different
problem. Here we go

First off This is a HP Pavilion DV2000

I just installed windows vista on it. Everything was fine. So when I
went to shut me laptop down for the night it said it had to install
updates. (1of72) So I let it do its thing. When I wake up in the morning
to turn it on I get windows failed to load because the system reg file
is missing or corrupt- Status: 0xc00000e9

It i will not let me start up in any of the safe modes( all 3). I try
to boot from the cd. When i do so I get the windows is loading files.
The load bar fills up then nothing happens. Just a blank gray screen.
So i try to do a hard drive test. and it fails. Can someone please guide
me on what to do. I need to use this laptop for school and with out it I
am F**ked. Im stuck and dont know what to do. HELP!!!

--
jarretuck6

jarretuck6

Vista is not for school.... for school or for work you need a real operating
system, not a bad joke.

Go get windows7

"jarretuck6" <jarretuck6.49uh0i@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:jarretuck6.49uh0i@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> Sorry if I am posting under the wrong category but did not know where is
> post. Now I know this has been posting before but I am have a different
> problem. Here we go
>
> First off This is a HP Pavilion DV2000
>
> I just installed windows vista on it. Everything was fine. So when I
> went to shut me laptop down for the night it said it had to install
> updates. (1of72) So I let it do its thing. When I wake up in the morning
> to turn it on I get windows failed to load because the system reg file
> is missing or corrupt- Status: 0xc00000e9
>

> It i will not let me start up in any of the safe modes( all 3). I try
> to boot from the cd. When i do so I get the windows is loading files.
> The load bar fills up then nothing happens. Just a blank gray screen.
> So i try to do a hard drive test. and it fails. Can someone please guide
> me on what to do. I need to use this laptop for school and with out it I
> am F**ked. Im stuck and dont know what to do. HELP!!!
>

> --
> jarretuck6

Mr

Problems with Windows Mail
Recently when logging on to my e-mail account I lost all my saved messages, the only one left were in the inbox. Now every time I log on Windows Mail generates a "Recovered Messages" folder filled with lots of empty folders and no messages. How can I stop this annoying behaviour?? I keep getting this message, and my e-mails are sitting in the out box. The host '(SMTP)' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'Test Page', Account: 'POP3', Server: '(SMTP)', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Sec...

How to judge if a window is fullscreen?
As known, most video player can display fullscreen. So how to judge if a window is fullscreen? Thanks! Bill Gates wrote: > As known, most video player can display fullscreen. So how to judge if a > window is fullscreen? > > Thanks! GetWindowLong(hWnd, GWL_STYLE) & WS_MAXIMIZE if this cannot work, you can try to decide it by the size of the window. I mean compare the window's rectangle with the screen^_^ -- ====== Arman "Hooyoo" wrote: > > Bill Gates wrote: > > As known, most video player can display fullscreen. So how to judge if a >...

How to identify which window is below my CWnd object?
Hi, I have a floating CWnd (moving on mouse move) with WS_POPUP style and tomost z-order. if there is a window below my CWnd object to avoid trailing or ghost images I need to Redraw that window. This is an MDI application. So at compile time I don't know which window will be there. Is there any api by which I will be able to find the window below my CWnd object. I tried with FindWindowEx() and GetWindow() but its not working. Thanks in advance. On Jun 11, 8:45=A0pm, sujeet27k...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0I =A0have a floating CWnd (moving on mouse ...

Windows XP startup problems
I recently was having problems with my OS. The CPU usage, even at idle, was 100% and it was running really slow. I had 54 processes running right after startup. So, I went into system configuration and selected "Diagnostic Startup" which then restarted my computer and loaded up a much faster OS. The problem was that it did not load the processes that I need; such as, my wireless internet connection, and many other crucial processes/applications that are necessary for my schooling. Even the Windows toolbar was changed. It went from the green and blue XP display to the old...

retaining leading whitespace in text of an xml node
when I run the following code the leading spaces of the "data" node are removed. How do I retain whitespace? private void CreateBasicXmlDocument() { XmlWriterSettings writeSettings = new XmlWriterSettings(); writeSettings.Indent = true; XmlWriter writer = XmlWriter.Create( filePath, writeSettings ); writer.WriteStartElement("data"); writer.WriteWhitespace(" "); writer.WriteValue(" data with leading space"); writer.WriteEndElement(); writer.Close(); } * Steve Richter wrote in microsoft....

URGENT error converting a lead to a contact
I am getting an error converting a lead to a contact. Does anyone know what the default datamappings should be between a lead and a contact. I am wondering if that is the problem. The error is Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: An unexpected error occurred. Error Details: Object Type was not provided on attribute 'ownerid' Error Number: 0x80040216 Source File: D:\crm\Build\3297 \src\platform\include\OMCommon\CrmPropertyBagUtil.inl Line Number: 457 Date: 07-29-2004 Time: 9:32:16 AM Type: Platform Error (2) Server: amisql Query String: /SFA/le...

Maximise Browser window
Hi An advice on the following would be appreciated. I have a command button on my form. In the hyperlink property of that button I have a http://www.google.co.uk. The link works fine but I would like to have the browser window opened to maximum size by default. Is this possible? if so how can it be done. TIA Tom ...

Add leading zeros
Hello, I have a field of 1 to 3 digit numbers. I'd like to add leading zeros to each to make them 6 digits. For instance: 4 becomes 000004 10 becomes 000010 777 becomes 000777 Thanks in advance, Ellen Hi - Examples from the debug window: x = 4 ? format(x, "000000") 000004 y = 10 ? format(y, "000000") 000010 HTH - Bob EllenM wrote: >Hello, >I have a field of 1 to 3 digit numbers. I'd like to add leading zeros to >each to make them 6 digits. For instance: >4 becomes 000004 >10 becomes 000010 >777 becomes 000777 > >Thanks in advance, ...

Look at the corrective package for Windows
--ubbkrcyjejobmrvf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="tdycdogyhcjarny"; type="multipart/alternative" --tdycdogyhcjarny Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="moosycblfocgztsij" --moosycblfocgztsij Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabiliti...

Open new windows page
I can right click a topic in a web page and select "Open in new tab" or "Open in new window". Is there a way that I can change settings in IE 8 that will allow me to open in a new window when I just click on it? I realize the right click is a very small inconvenience, but I'd like that option if it's possible. Tab shortcuts include: Open links in a new tab in the background CTRL+click Open links in a new tab in the foreground CTRL+SHIFT+click Close tab (closes window if only one tab is open) CTRL+W or CTRL+F4 View list of open tabs CTRL+SH...

windows mail not working
I can neither receive nor send messages with Windows Mail.It was working for 2 years and then it stopped about the time a new microsoft email update came in March 2010. It quit mysteriously. Att&T doesn't know what to do, Best Buy can't explain, so I have relunctantly had to open a gmail account. The error code is: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'j', Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Your question may be better answered in a...

Windows Security message each time
WINDOWS SECURITY Please verify that user name and password are correct for your mail server. Does anyone know how to set this one time only? I have to put in ID & PW each time to receive or send. It is a nuisance. Thanks, -- Cathy Do you have the "Remember password" checkbox checked? You probably do but if you don't then that is the likely cause. Otherwise the most likely cause is your antivirus software. What AV software are you using? Nearly every day, one of the experts provides instructions for removing support of email scanning. One of t...

windows 2008
Hi, I'm trying to configure a wireless infrastructure using certificate but can't do it with my pc which is not in the domain. My wireless is configured like this; wpa2 enterprise aes my radius server shared key My nps is configured like this; radius client; my wireless AP vendor name; radius standard same secret key conditions; nas port type wireless or ieee 802.11 authentication; accept users without validating credentials ignore user account dial-in properties type of network access server; unspecified constraints; smart card or other certificate allow cli...

Opportunity with null originating lead ID can't be closed error ?
I'm finding that opportunities created from scratch (ie. NOT converted from leads) give me an error when I try to close them, perhaps due to a NULL originating lead ID. Has anyone else noticed this ? Steve virtually all our opportunities are created from scratch ie not converted from leads so this is not a known issue. What error are you getting? "SuperSonic Steve" <lafleur@canadiensfan.com> wrote in message news:b4087b8b.0406081130.460984a2@posting.google.com... > I'm finding that opportunities created from scratch (ie. NOT converted > from leads) give me an...

how do i save a word document to disc using Windows 7?
i am trying to save a document in word via Windows 7 and I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to get this done...can anyone help out with this? Thanks Don't even think of saving it to disc. Save it to your hard drive, then Copy or Send to the disc. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Jo" <Jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:123BDE76-DD47-4347-ACFB-D92A48191A5E@microsoft.com... >i am trying to save a document in word via Windows 7 and I am having a hard ...

Outlook Address Book not linked to Windows Address Book
I recently exceeded the file size limit of 2GB in my Outlook.pst. I have since repaired and fixed that problem, however a couple of problems have occurred. When I open up a Contact Folder, I see my contacts, and with the view I see their email address. However, when I open up each contact, there is no email listed. Telling me that the location that holds the email address (windows address book) is not linking to Outlook Address Book. 2) In my Outlook Calendar, I can add new appointments, but they do not show after saving the appointment. Thank you in advance for you help jeff 1) Did you...

decimal value leading zero's
Hi Group How do I get excel to stop adding a leading zero to a value like .567? I hate looking at 0.567!!! It just ruins the visual effect!!! These are calculated values formatted to 3 decimal places. I have a stupid work around in which I use a helper cell with the formula =TEXT(A1,".000"). I also tried things like =LEFT(A1,4) but this doesn't work if the calculated value is say 0.600 and the the added zero's are from formatting. This will return .6 . Isn't there a custom number format that could be used thus eliminating any work around? I've searched the...

Rollong back a Windows Update?
How do I uninstall a Windows update if I can't find it in the list of $NTUninstallKBxxxxxx files in my Windows folder? "jetjock" <jetjock@hanger.com> wrote in message news:ht8il5l5j0gq21mdeod5bf4p6uqpoftjcf@4ax.com... > How do I uninstall a Windows update if I can't find it in the list of > $NTUninstallKBxxxxxx files in my Windows folder? Remove it via Add/remove Programs in the Control Panel. Make sure the Show Updates box is checked at the top of the page. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA Bruce Ha...

Install Folders for Windows Service
I have created a service and cannot figure out where the program is figuring out what to use for a company name or product name. I have a solution called UPS and a windows services called UPS.Service. My deployment project is called UPS.Deployment. When I build the msi and setup for the program it wants to put the folders in: c:\Program Files\Default Company\UPS.Deployment I want the intall program to put the default folder as: C:\Program Files\My Company\UPS I can't figure out how to make that work. In the primary output of the UPS.Deployment for the properties...

Establish Default Titles For Drop Windows And Reset Button
I have a data entry sheet used for various forms by numerous people. I have drop down windows with standard info. I would like to title each drop down window and use it as a default. I would like to establish a "RESET" button to bring the data sheet back to the default titles. Any ideas how to establish defaults and set up a "RESET" button? -- travelersway ------------------------------------------------------------------------ travelersway's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17623 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.co...

How to find the hwnd of the window behind a given window in Z-orde
I'm not seeing any methods for that in the API. From the FindWindowEx documentation :- hwndChildAfter [in] Handle to a child window. The search begins with the next child window in the Z order. The child window must be a direct child window of hwndParent, not just a descendant window. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "ultranet" <ultranet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB8493F2-2BBC-4DCE-B0CD-FB95FE44F0E4@microsoft.com... > > > I'm not seeing any methods for that in the API. CWnd::GetNextWindow is what you need to use. AliR. "...

Windows logon help
I boot the the logon screen, with Owner and Guest User. Every now and then, when logged off and awakening from Standby, I cannot get the flashing cursor in the Owner logon box. The only remedy is to reboot. I wonder why this happens and whether there is some keystroke combination I can use to allow me to enter my logon password. JD wrote: > I boot the the logon screen, with Owner and Guest User. Every now > and then, when logged off and awakening from Standby, I cannot get > the flashing cursor in the Owner logon box. The only remedy is to > reboot. I wonder why ...

leading zeros in excel
I need to display leading zeros in whole numbers eg 05324 Format as 00000 -- HTH Bob Phillips "kiwi" <kiwi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4560E85F-CE45-487F-812F-C7CA9D7FB042@microsoft.com... > I need to display leading zeros in whole numbers eg 05324 If that is for a US zip code, they really should be formatted as text then they can also be consistent with zip+4 codes as well, and with codes used in other countries as well. Format as text is best, or precede with a single quote. If they aren't going to be treated arithmetically then ...

new window for a hyperlink
How do i get a document (PDF) or another page to open in a different window? Exp: Building my web page and want to link to some references (pdf) and have this link open in a different window. Im using publisher 07 Please help There are a number of ways to do this, and this article describes two: Reference: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA011587451033.aspx The ECMAScript code approach is more versatile, but there is an error in the code. Under item 2, instead of the following: <script language="JavaScrip�t" type="text/javascri�pt"> <!-- function...

Screen Output Window Size
Am I the only one who always has to click the window expand button (beside the close window X) to view any output sent to screen? My reports display 100%, but I have to scroll to the right (or maximize the screen) to see the rest of the report. I sure would like to have the screen output window open fully every time. ...