Windows Calendar 05-15-10

I'm using Vista Home Premium.  The calendar used to work---that is, it used
to remind me about appointments.  It no longer does.  It will only remind me
when the calendar is open.  File/Options has "Reminders should show when
Windows Calendar not running" checked.  Windows Calendar is in the Startup
menu.  I understand this is a very popular problem but I can't find
answers---only people complaining about it no longer working.  Can someone
direct me to the right source to get this issued resolved?  Thank you.  Connie

Application Hang 10-21-06
When I was changing the Display Name of a field attribute in Contact entity (I changed address1_primarycontact to Quick Memo); I got an "Application Hang" error. This was on Web Client on client machine. Event ID 1002. Ah, maybe I shouldn't have had Outlook open when I was working in the Web Client? Hanging application OUTLOOK.EXE, version 11.0.8010.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Boolean1 I just changed the Display Name on the form, an...

Setting Up Windows Mail
How do I set up Windows Email? The wizard asks for a POP3 or a SIIS or something else. What do I do? You call your ISP or e-mail server. Ask them for an e-mail address and the account settings. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Brad Davis" <braddavis01@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23WPSLUbiKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How do I set up Windows Email? The wizard asks for a POP3 or a SIIS or > something else. > What do I do? > "Brad Davis" <braddavis01@microsoft.com&g...

Windows Backups
What is the best way to remove older backups from the restore window? I have some going back to Jan 1 2010. I'm using Windows 7. Restore points no problem. Any help appreciated, Badger If you are using Windows 7, why are you posting in a Windows XP newsgroup? "Badger" <jerrymcm@msn.com> wrote in message news:uOHKXmNCLHA.3880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... : What is the best way to remove older backups from the restore window? : I have some going back to Jan 1 2010. : I'm using Windows 7. : Restore points no problem. : : Any help appreciated, : Badger ...

Outlook 2007 calendar item formats
In my calendar, some items are listed with a small white border on the left hand side, and sometimes this border is striped. What do these borders mean? I have tried creating items with the exact same info and they don't have the white border, so I don't get what the difference is. Thanks. It's your show time as setting - Free is white, slashes are tentetive. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists....

Address book in Windows 2000
How can I convert a Windows 2000 pab file to use it in the NTFS environment? I had to rebuild my system after a file in Windows became corrupted. With the help of phone support, I got to the rebuilding of the file system and did not have the option to rebuild as FAT32. Now I am NTFS and would like to recover the address book (mailbox, a pab file) of which I have a saved copy in backup. Thanks for any help you can give me. No need to convert. Windows 2000 can read from both file systems without issues. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month...

Creating Buttons in Client Window
Using Microsoft Visual C++ 2003 Trying to create a simple pushbutton in the client window. I can successfully show the button in the client window using the "Create" button with windows style "WS_VISIBLE" and the "GetParent" function as parameters. However, when I try to press the button, the button remains inactive like it is disabled. How can I activate this button so it is pressable. Thanks. "Carl Gibson" <cgibson@realspaceinc.com> wrote in message news:09ab01c39b13$3e9c2410$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Using Microsoft Visual C++ 2003 >...

Installation Problem with 10.0
I am having an issue installing GP 10.0 on our client machines. I have it installed on our server and up and running but am getting the following message when trying to install on the clients. "Error" "ProductInfo,Product,Attribute" I am always getting this after we get to the ODBC section and it asks us for the server name. We have entered the same of our new server and also the name of the server that GP is using when running on the new server. (For some reason on the new server you have to call it server Dynamics GP instead of the name we gave our new server). Ca...

10 pack
I have RMS Store operations 2.0 I want to sell a 10 round of golf for a discounted rate. My thinking is this: the customer would get a card (with bar code) loaded with 10 rounds, that I could scan at each round to decrement the number of rounds on the card. Similar to a punch card idea... Is this a custom add in I will need to write for RMS or is this out there some where? suggestions or ideas needed. thx chris i would make a upc with the qty 10 then make it to where you could not sell unless you have it onhand. Not sure that is quite it but that is how i would do it. "c...

Inputted Calendar via email is empty
Using Outlook 2007 on both computers, I exported a week of my calendar from my home computer and emailed it to my work. I then opened the email with the .ics attachment and clicked on Open this Calendar. The calendar shows up side by side to my work schedule, however, it has none of my entries on it. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? -- imgnbc Did you export the correct calendar? Are you looking at the dates you exported? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick....

Can I have a reminder without an event on my calendar
I have outlook 2003 running on XP and I love the reminders for all the recurring tasks that I have to do (and not forget about!). The problem is that my calendar is getting cluttered with "events" that are jus there so I can have a reminder. Is there a way to have a reminder without an event or appointment? Thanks. On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:04:01 -1000, razaman <razaman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have outlook 2003 running on XP and I love the reminders for all the > recurring tasks that I have to do (and not forget about!). The problem > is >...

Crystal Reports 06-10-05
Hi, We have a client that have created a crystal report for. On 3 different test servers this report works correctly. But when put into the live environment it runs, the date input becomes available and once the dates are entered and continue is pressed, A Query engine error is displayed. We exported the XML from the live environment, put onto our test servers and run the report, it all works correctly. Any ideas why this would only happen at the client site? Any help greatly appreciated. Regards, Nathan ...

order of opened calendars
I need to view multiple calendars on a daily basis. As I open them my "calendar" gets pushed to the right. Is there a way to change that order so that the default calendar stays on the left and the others open in order after it? What version of Outlook? What order are the calendars listed in the navigation pane? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter...

Promoting Emails to CRM 08-30-05
I just wanted to know if any one else has had any problems with users not being able to promote emails to CRM, Or Creating Contacts. Both actions are resulting in Scripting Errors, Although the Contact is created (the email is not promoted) Any help on this would be appreciated ...

Setup a public calendar for a small office.
I have a client with Exchange 2000 running on a Windows 2000 server with TCP/IP protocol. They would like to have a public calendar that everyone has access to view, but can not edit it in anyway. Only one person, the office administrator, will have the ability to create and edit entrees. They use this as a way to inform every one of scheduled vacations and other tasks like staff meeting, etc. I would like to know the best way to accomplish this task. Should I create a new user called calendar or can I just setup a calendar item under another user and make that available to all. T...

message window with if function
Hello, I have a worksheet with the date in the 1st column and other things like name, client type etc in the following columns. I wonder whether it would be possible to get a message window saying 'Please fill in the date' if the user fills in the name etc without filling in the date? Sort of checking if the date has been filled in when starting of after typing the name. Does my explanation makes sense? Thank you for your answers. Chris You could put a formula like this in a helper column: =3DIF(AND(B2<>"",A2=3D""),"Please fill in the date&qu...

the email task pane in Windows picture manager does not work.
The task pane comes up but it is greyed out and doesnt work . Cannot use any of the boxes Hi, options in Email Task Pane would only work, if you have Outlook installed on your computer. TC Srikanth "stewart4" wrote: > The task pane comes up but it is greyed out and doesnt work . Cannot use any > of the boxes ...

calendar appointments show up on your delegate's calendar also?
HI, Can anyone tell me if it is possible for the delegate's calendar to show the same appointments of the calendar for which there are a delegate of without inviting the delegate? Example: For my calendar jtest, I assign ztest delegate permissions for my mailbox, calendar, etc... If I send a new meeting request to jtest and ztest receives a copy and accepts the meeting request, is there a way to have the scheduled meeting show up on both jtest and ztest's calendars?? Thanks for the help. ...

RPC over Https #15
Dear When i test and type https://domainname/rpc It will be prompted for credentials three times after which the following error is displayed, HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource. And using outlook can't connect to Exchange What can i do ,How can i solove the problem Best Regards Ricky ...

Publisher 2007 #10
How is it possible to insert several existing 1 page publisher documents into one new multi page document??? Thanks Easiest way is to insert pages in your new publication, copy the old, paste into the new. You can have any number of Publisher documents open at one time. Open the Office clipboard from the Edit menu, you can collect 24 items at a time. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DGS" <DGS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7FF412FD-88CE-45B3-A7F7-82FB674D217F@microsoft.com... >...

can I install office 2003 on windows 98 SE
Does anyone know how to install microsoft office Publisher 2003 on a windows 98 SE platform No... http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/default.mspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "leontia" <leontia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BF09F38-B931-4D51-A14D-10960B2B7B3D@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to install microsoft office Publisher 2003 on a windows > 98 SE platform leontia wrote: > Does anyone know how to install microsoft office Publisher 2003 on a...

Spell check in windows e mail / windows vista
When using spell check before sending email I get ..."This language is no longer available for spell checking. Please select another in the spell option dialog. Any solutions to this? Thank you -- Celebee "Toggle" the setting by selecting another language, Apply, then re-select the language you want, Apply. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Celebee52" wrote in message news:E41E5936-69C8-41CB-B5EA-E62FC7EEFBB5@microsoft.com... When using spell check before sending email I get ..."This language...

Email 10-28-07
Aunt Louise Email ...

Anomalies after recent Windows update
I've been using Vista Ultimate very successfully since it was first introduced. Today when I booted my Sony laptop it went into a process "setting up desktop" as if were a brand new start-up. When it did come up everything (shorcuts) was missing from my desktop and all the settings were different (e.g., screen saver). I immediately did a hard re-boot and after 2 tries I got a successful normal configuration boot. I decided to create a new restore point in case it was needed. Then I noticed that the last restore point was this morning (4/7/2010) for a Window au...

How to change the color and width of a window's boundary?
Hi, If I create a CListBox using CWnd::CreateEx(), is there a way to change its boundary's color and width? If not, would it be possible if I just create a general window using CWnd::CreateEx()? Thanks for your help. Tony "May Young" <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:3FCE9B7B.6040104@srac.com... > Hi, > > If I create a CListBox using CWnd::CreateEx(), is there a way to change > its boundary's color and width? If not, would it be possible if I just > create a general window using CWnd::CreateEx()? Thanks for your help. If by boundary you mea...

Exchange 2003/ Windows 2003 SP1 LDAP Error 8270
Received following error after upgrading to Windows 2003 Enterprise Server SP1 on (running Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP1 Server): Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8270 Date: 10/29/2006 Time: 10:03:53 PM User: N/A Computer: PCTEXCHSV0 Description: LDAP returned the error [b] Administration Limit Exceeded when importing the transaction dn: <GUID=976693E2EE86D24FBA6A9F8EA57FB876> changetype: Modify proxyAddresses:FAX:Jobs[jobs]6110@xyz.com : SMTP:Jobs@xyz.com : MS:PCOFFEE/YELLOWP/JOBS : CCMAIL:jobs at YELLOWP : smtp:jobs@xyz.com :...