Windows 7 upgrade Blue Screens my laptop. Maybe because of ATI? - 143416

Laptop's a Gateway NV52 with Vista Home Premium 64-bit. I'm upgrading to
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I ran the Upgrade Advisor and it told me
to uninstall ATI Catalyst Install Manager, which I did.

I put in the upgrade disk, and after Phase 1 (3 total phases), it had
to restart to begin Phase 2. After the Gateway logo screen, it blue
screened on me. The error code was 0x7b. It didn't even do the whole
mini dump thing it usually does when it blue screens. It never even
makes it to the Welcome scene (where the green bar is loading on the
black screen, not the Vista welcome scene)

It happens again when I restart it. The only way to fix it is to go
back to a restore point BEFORE I deleted ATI in which case I'm in the
same situation where it tells me to uninstall it before updating.
Could ATI be the problem?

--
LilBueno
LilBueno's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/156030.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
LilBueno

Windows Mail
When I try and send mail using windows mail (vista) I get this message I contacted comcast changes all ports etc and no luck. Also when I used to use outlook express and when to file I could change the identity there. I can't seen to find out how and both my email and wifes is going to the same inbox I hope someone has a suggestion. thanks Arthur The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and re...

Upgrading to 9.0 on Windows Server 2003 64bit Edition
We are upgrading from 7.0 to 9.0. We have new SQL Servers on which we will perform the upgrade and move into production once complete replacing our existing servers. These SQL Servers are running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition. When attempting to install either GP v7.0 or v7.5 the error message "The image file ...\CDSetup.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine." is presented and the installation script will not initialize. Is it possible to install GP 7.0 or 7.5 on the 64bit version of Windows Server 2003 or must we install the 32 bit v...

Display Discount on POS screen
I've figured out how to remove REP from the main POS screen. I'd really like to add Discount to the screen, so we can accurately display for the cashier which discounts are being applied to which individual items. Any ideas? Anyone got a third-party recommendation? ...

Exchange 5.5 in Windows 2000 Domain
HI I am looking for any advise I can get on this subject, or any references you may have. Basically I have an NT4 PDC that currently has Exchange 5.5 installed on it. I have a windows 2000 Database server that is just a member server of hte domain. My NT4 machine is running out of space, so I am getting a new server for exchange. I will install Windows 2000 on this server and then follow the Ed Crowley Server Move method, to move my exchange server over to this new machine. I am comfortable with this. I have just now installed an NT4 BDC into the domain (it is only a very old machine so it ...

Archiving of Windows Live Mail
Can someone please point me to a procedure that will explain how to off load a bunch of emails that I want to keep but do not want in the active WLM folders. Seems like in the Outlook Express days there was a way but I have long since forgot what I did. Help appreciated. You could create a folder(s) on the Desktop and just drag messages into it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Ken" <krlorenz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:EB7EFBBB-12DA-4CAF-A02C-556B10A60C58@microsoft.com... > Can someone please poin...

Weird black screen when responding to message
Hi All, The title says it all really. I've recently started to get a black screen with coloured type when I reply to messages. Invariably the screen goes back to white with whatever colour type is applicable to a string of messages but sometimes I have to hit send with it showing coloured text on black. When the message arrives at the other end the colour is correct. More oddly, this doesn't happen on all messages but is beginning to become more frequent. I've run a couple of spyware progs and Norton anti virus etc. so don't think its anything nasty behind it. So over to...

Export News from Outlook express and import into windows mail
I only used outlook express for newsgroup so I need to backup and transfer all the messages that I flagged with the glasses icon. I just installed windows mail and it only downloaded the first 1000 messages. I can't see all of my messages because some of them they are old ... maybe 2002 but i need them all in the same place. How can I transfer these messages and the replies to windows mail? Outlook Express as well as other newsreaders only mirror what is on a news server and newsgroups neither import nor export. You can only export the account setting, but not groups or...

Windows XP
I have a windows xp sp3 machine where there free space goes down to a fixed amount after a reset. Let me explain: I boot the machine (a 40GB HD divided in a 36GB and a 4GB partition), The 4GB partition shows only 600MB free, I run CHKDSK /F D: and it fixes the free space to 2 GB, I reset and it goes back to 600. The same situation is for the 36GB partition where it shows 4GB free but if I boot to the Recovery Console and run chkdsk c: /p it fixes the free space to 18GB but as soon as I reset the free space goes back to 4GB, so the same thing happens if chkdsk runs at boot. Win...

How to reduce thickness/width of window borders two "normal" 2 pixels?
On a certain WinXP all borders of all windows are very, very thick/width. Have a look at the following snapshot: http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9364/capture20091215121445.png What is the reason resp. how can I reduce it to the "normal" size of (approx. 2 pixels) ? Camille Camille Petersen wrote: > On a certain WinXP all borders of all windows are very, very thick/width. > > Have a look at the following snapshot: > > http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9364/capture20091215121445.png > > What is the reason resp. how can I reduce it to the &...

How do I restore the cell content window on my toobar?
tools options view ........formula bar -- Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "hutchc" <hutchc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A53F690-97D4-43D6-A458-6AA82B95F575@microsoft.com... > From the View menu, choose Formula Bar hutchc wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Launch folder windows in separate processe
The setting as in subject selected under Control Panel -> Folder Options More than one windows explorer open. Each of them opened in other folder. One of them opened for search function. However, if investigating with Task Manager all windows explorer windows lead to the same explorer process (task right click -> Go to process). The list "Processes" of task manager presents only one explorer window. So the setting as mentioned above not really functional. What's the reason? kakii wrote: > > The setting as in subject selected under Control Panel ...

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
Just a quick question, I am wondering if anyone else is having problems downloading Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. I can download/install it from the Windows Update site but, it will not install using Automatic Updates. This is obviously not a serious problem but, I would like to solve it if possible. Rick Never such a problem here. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. What anti-virus application or sec...

publisher screen pulsing
my publisher file won't stop flashing or pulsing and its driving me crazy! is it because my files is too large? Wouldn't think large files would cause pulsating. How current is your video driver? Do you have high contrast enabled in the accessibility options? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bridget" <Bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DD91197-000F-40EA-B47D-C442B7E6B4D7@microsoft.com... > my publisher file won't stop flashing or pulsing and its driving me crazy!...

Upgrade From Money 2004 to 2005
I was running Money 2004 Deluxe with no problems and then converted to Money 2005. When I click on the Portfolio Manager icon, the screen that appears only has today's date, "Portfolio Manager", and "Quotes delayed at least 20 minutes" below the dark blue line that starts with "investing Home". Nothing else is on the page below the blue line...no investments, and no menu on the left. I could sure use some help on this one.... ...

SendInput to a window belonging to another application thread
I'm trying to develop a simple application that can send input to a window belonging to another application thread, such as the microsoft on screen keyboard. The matter is that I don't understand how to know what was the last active window to which send the input from my dialog application. Looking on internet I've found a simple application called "Typematic" but it hide the application dialog before use the SendInput() api, it works well but I wish to obtain the same effect without hide the application dialog as the on screen keyboard does. How I could do it? Ho...

Richedit in Asian Language Window
Hi all, I'm working on a application using richedit (V3.0) to display some text containing special character (i.e. ASCII > 128). It work fine in English Window, all those characters can display correctly. When I try to run the program in W2K(Traditional Chinese). All these character will "combine" with next character to form a double byte letter. For Example: "ABC?BDE" will display as "ABC?DE" in Chinese W2K Why the behavious of richedit is different in different OS? And How can I display the text correctly? Many Thx. Marco Marco Hung schrieb: > ...

Printing #7
After I removed the pagebreak, my worksheet prints out very small. Also, without actually signifying the number of pages to print, it trys to print 1000s of pages ... that just started. First select and set a print range/area. Next under Page settings disable "Fit to" and use "adjust to" 100% Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 13:12:54 -0700, allstarmanage <allstarmanage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After I removed the pagebreak, my worksheet prints out very small. Also, >without actually signifying the number of pages to print, it try...

How do I get email in Outlook Express on an XP machine into Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 Machine?
The instructions for importing Outlook Express files from another machine assume that Outlook Express can be run on the target machine. I don't believe there is a way to do that on a Windows 2007 machine. So How do I accomplish this? On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 18:03:05 -0800, MikeH <mikeh@somewhere.net> wrote: > The instructions for importing Outlook Express files from another > machine assume that Outlook Express can be run on the target machine. I > don't believe there is a way to do that on a Windows 2007 machine. So > How do I accomplish this? F...

SBS 2008 Reboot
I have a client who needed to reboot their server this AM (we couldn't log onto RWW, when this happens, they reboot. It happens once every couple of months.) Upon rebooting, they called and are telling me they are getting a windows titled "Windows Complete PC Restore". Why would this come up on a normal reboot? Did they have a failure of some sort? Can we get by this screen to get the server back online? I thought I would try here first, as I cannot get to the site until later this afternoon. Thank you in advance. -- Ron Anthony Quinn Is the SBS2008 DVD ...

It is safe to upgrade now?
Hi. I am using right now RMS 1.2. During months I was following this community and the RMS download to see the problems that users was facing with Rms 2.0 Suddenly I am seeing that since may Microsoft didn't upgrade their hotfix. So I am assuming that the worst just passed. Am I right? Is safe to go now to RMS 2.0? I would like to hear some opinions of you guys. Thks in advance. ...

Open IE seperate process and seperate window
Ok, here is a good puzzle. I need to automate opening two IE (independent windows) on two monitors. Here is the reason: I have a security guard that has to monitor two 16 channel DVR windows 24/7 and if the power fails, and / or the system is rebooted, needs to open and logon automatically without keyboard interaction. (keyboard / mouse has been removed). Here is the setup: I have two Security Camera systems (DVR) that have web interfaces. I have a computer setup with dual monitors I have the system to auto logon. I can manually open new IE sessions in seperate windows, then...

Windows Mail can't receive attachment from Outlook 2003
My friend using Outlook 2003 send a email that content attachment to me ( using Windows Mail) and the others friend that (using Outlook 2007). I can received the email but the attachment is missing, but the others friend he can received this email and the attachment together. Any solutions for this issue? Please help. Ask your friend (and any other Outlook users) to only send messages to you in Plain Text format, especially if there's an attachment. Keen wrote: > My friend using Outlook 2003 send a email that content attachment to me ( > using Windows Mail) an...

Add Vendor Doc. No. to Return from Project Entry screen
We can enter the Vendor Doc. No. in the Returns from Inventory Entry but there is no available field in the Return from Project Entry screen. We'd also like to have the Apply To option when entering a return so the invoice and the credit could link on the PM side. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and th...

Upgrade from Money98 to Money 2004 fail to update the old accountfile
When upgrading from Money98 to Money2004 I Money2004 fails to update all data from Mone98. It says incompatible file version. Any idea how I get my data from Money98 converted to Money2004 ? The FAQ to beat all FAQs. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q1. "Per" <toppeja@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:05d301c3b39c$25befed0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When upgrading from Money98 to Money2004 I Money2004 > fails to update all data from Mone98. It says > incompatible file version. Any idea how I get my data > from Money98 converted to Money2004 ? ...