Windows 7 Newsgroup - available?

I have tried to find the windows 7 Newsgroup in this list of Newsgroup where
this one on Vista is, but I do not get a hit.  Is there one in this group
that I can add to my list and use to ask some questions?

Also, a second question:  Windows Vista has a lot of pretty and nice
graphics, and pretty colors, etc, but it is very difficult to find some
thing there when you are lost and the folder systems is extremely
complicated sometimes.   I use Vista now, have had it for about two years
now, and I still have difficulty finding the logic of the folder system
sometimes.    I don't think that my former Windows XP was so complicated (do
people agree?)   Is the new Windows 7 as complicated as Vista?  (I do not
have Windows 7 yet).

Do other people feel the same way about the difficulty of the Vista?

Please advise.

0
Octavio

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:58:53 -0500, "Octavio" <inquirer@inquirer.com>
wrote:

> I have tried to find the windows 7 Newsgroup in this list of Newsgroup where
> this one on Vista is, but I do not get a hit.

Unfortunately it's highly unlikely that there will be any Microsoft
Windows 7 newsgroups. Apparently Microsoft has decided that web-based
forums are better than newsgroups and they are putting their efforts
there. I'm personally sorry that's the case, but it's their decision,
not mine.

However there is at least one non-Microsoft Windows 7 newsgroup:
alt-windows7.general. Not all servers carry it (at least not yet), but
here's one free news server that does: aioe.org

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
0
Ken
12/10/2009 9:44:50 PM
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:58:53 -0500, Octavio wrote:

> I have tried to find the windows 7 Newsgroup in this list of Newsgroup
> where this one on Vista is, but I do not get a hit.  Is there one in
> this group that I can add to my list and use to ask some questions?

alt.windows7.general

> Also, a second question:  Windows Vista has a lot of pretty and nice
> graphics, and pretty colors, etc, but it is very difficult to find some
> thing there when you are lost and the folder systems is extremely
> complicated sometimes.   I use Vista now, have had it for about two
> years now, and I still have difficulty finding the logic of the folder
> system sometimes.    I don't think that my former Windows XP was so
> complicated (do people agree?)   Is the new Windows 7 as complicated as
> Vista?  (I do not have Windows 7 yet).

It is not much different.

> Do other people feel the same way about the difficulty of the Vista?
>
> Please advise.

0
ray
12/10/2009 10:15:19 PM
Thanks, Ken and Ray.  I was not aware of it.  I already subscribed.

"ray" <ray@zianet.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:58:53 -0500, Octavio wrote:
>
>> I have tried to find the windows 7 Newsgroup in this list of Newsgroup
>> where this one on Vista is, but I do not get a hit.  Is there one in
>> this group that I can add to my list and use to ask some questions?
>>

> alt.windows7.general
>
>> Also, a second question:  Windows Vista has a lot of pretty and nice
>> graphics, and pretty colors, etc, but it is very difficult to find some
>> thing there when you are lost and the folder systems is extremely
>> complicated sometimes.   I use Vista now, have had it for about two
>> years now, and I still have difficulty finding the logic of the folder
>> system sometimes.    I don't think that my former Windows XP was so
>> complicated (do people agree?)   Is the new Windows 7 as complicated as
>> Vista?  (I do not have Windows 7 yet).
>
> It is not much different.
>

>> Do other people feel the same way about the difficulty of the Vista?
>>
>> Please advise.

0
Octavio
12/10/2009 11:59:15 PM
Thanks, Ken and Ray.  I was not aware of it.  I already subscribed.

"ray" <ray@zianet.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:58:53 -0500, Octavio wrote:
>
>> I have tried to find the windows 7 Newsgroup in this list of Newsgroup
>> where this one on Vista is, but I do not get a hit.  Is there one in
>> this group that I can add to my list and use to ask some questions?
>>

> alt.windows7.general
>
>> Also, a second question:  Windows Vista has a lot of pretty and nice
>> graphics, and pretty colors, etc, but it is very difficult to find some
>> thing there when you are lost and the folder systems is extremely
>> complicated sometimes.   I use Vista now, have had it for about two
>> years now, and I still have difficulty finding the logic of the folder
>> system sometimes.    I don't think that my former Windows XP was so
>> complicated (do people agree?)   Is the new Windows 7 as complicated as
>> Vista?  (I do not have Windows 7 yet).
>
> It is not much different.
>

>> Do other people feel the same way about the difficulty of the Vista?
>>
>> Please advise.

0
Octavio
12/10/2009 11:59:15 PM
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 18:59:15 -0500, "Octavio" <inquirer@inquirer.com>
wrote:

> Thanks, Ken and Ray.  I was not aware of it.  I already subscribed.

You're welcome. Glad to help.

> "ray" <ray@zianet.com> wrote in message
> > On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:58:53 -0500, Octavio wrote:
> >
> >> I have tried to find the windows 7 Newsgroup in this list of Newsgroup
> >> where this one on Vista is, but I do not get a hit.  Is there one in
> >> this group that I can add to my list and use to ask some questions?
> >>

> > alt.windows7.general
> >
> >> Also, a second question:  Windows Vista has a lot of pretty and nice
> >> graphics, and pretty colors, etc, but it is very difficult to find some
> >> thing there when you are lost and the folder systems is extremely
> >> complicated sometimes.   I use Vista now, have had it for about two
> >> years now, and I still have difficulty finding the logic of the folder
> >> system sometimes.    I don't think that my former Windows XP was so
> >> complicated (do people agree?)   Is the new Windows 7 as complicated as
> >> Vista?  (I do not have Windows 7 yet).
> >
> > It is not much different.
> >

> >> Do other people feel the same way about the difficulty of the Vista?
> >>
> >> Please advise.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
0
Ken

Any problems with Windows 7 XP mode?
I would like to ask XP users a question about Windows 7.I am looking at a Dell Vostro 3400 laptop w/ Windows 7 pro 32 bit and XP mode so I can use my XP software a little longer. I am assuming Win 7 won't run XP ware since they offer an XP mode. Is XP mode slow? Does it even work? Thanks Porte It doesn't necessarily follow that programs designed for WinXp will not run when installed on Win7. I have a number that run fine. "Porte Rouge" <porterougeman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:12638f82-90da-428e-9862-81ed57f5af80@b21g2000vbh.googlegroups.com...

Upgrading Mfg to 7.5
I am working through a test upgrade from 7.0 through 7.5 on my way to 9.0. After upgrading to 7.5 and applying the service pack for Manufacturing downloaded from CustomerSource I receive a message when logging in that I need to upgrade manufacturing to 7.50.42. The only service pack I could find is build 7.50.11. Does anyone know where I can get the .cnk for build 7.5.42? The .sql script with the service pack updated some tables, IVR10015 specifically, and now when I access some Mfg windows, such as Item Engineering Data, I receive the message that the "Number of results columns doesn...

Duplicate Detection Available Attributes
Hi, Can anybody confirm what attributes are availabe when checking for duplicates in CRM 4.0? Is it just text and number type attributes? We have a few scenarios where it would be useful to check that bit fields are equal but these fields are not selectable - is this by design? Kind Regards D ...

MS Access Database window
My database window is having a problem and I am not sure what is triggering the problem, I have tested it different ways, but unable to make it re-occur delibertly. I select a table and it freezes on the selection. If I try to use the scroll bar on the database window it will not scroll. If I double click the scroll bar it will open the selected table. I can use the arrow key to move to another table but the scroll bar is still not operable. If I use the Alt Tab and come back to the database the scroll bar will function again. It is inconsistent the way it works. Any ideas what is...

How to remove config for a missing NIC in Windows Server 2003.
Does any one know how to remove the configuration (IP address, netmask, default gateway, etc) for a network adapter that has been removed from a Windows server /after/ the physical NIC has been removed? I ran in to this recently after a p2v conversion when I went to re-configure the IP settings on the virtual adapter. In doing so, I got a pop-up saying that the same IP address (etc) was still configured on an adapter that had been removed from the system. I was able to find the information in the registry and remove it so that Windows would not prompt, but I don't think ...

Windows 7 install
This is in here as I can't find the correct group for windiows 7 issues. Pleae advise I have just loaded a new dell computer with windows seven 64 bit with Outlook 2007 from my previous XP machine. All was stable on the previous machine with the Outlook program. Everything is working fine on the the windows 7 machine and I'm impressed with the voice recognition. Unfortunately Outlook has problems. For some reason I have lost messages in transferring data using an external drive and the normal import and export facility. In addition, possibly because there are ...

Configuring outlook for newsgroup communications
Sorry if this is the wrong place for help. If there is another newsgroup where I should be posting this please let me know. I am using Office XP and am trying to post messages on a newsgroup. I use Outlook as my default e-mail account. I keep getting nastygrams from Outlook Newsreader stating that 'No Sender Was Specified please check your news account configuration'. How do I do this? Thanks for any help. Dennis Sweeney Have you tried deleting and recreating your news account? It's worth a try... However, if that doesn't work and you don't get any satisfacto...

How to find Watch window in Office X VB Editor (Mac OS X)
Greetings all, Apologies if this is a FAQ here but I've searched google for over an hour with no result. I've just updated to a new machine, running Mac OS X (Tiger) and installed Office X (after updates, 10.1.6). I have dozens of legacy Excel files with all manner of VB code in them from my Excel 5 under Mac OS 8.6 and I'm trying to make them work under this new system environment. One major problem is that I can't figure out how to get out a Watch window!!! I've looked until I'm blue in the face and there is nothing in any menu which will bring out a windo...

Excel window movement restricted
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've only seen this mentioned once, but there was no solution posted before. Maybe that will change. <br><br>I have a 13&quot; Macbook and a 24&quot; Cinema display and MS Excel windows will only slide into the external display to the extent that upper edge of the MB display overlaps the lower edge (of the external). If the MB is placed &quot;below&quot;, it will not move into the external display at all. <br><br>Another person posted this handy video that shows it cle...

Upgrading GP 7.0 to 9.0
Hi everyone, Can anyone guide on how to upgrade from Great Plains 7.0 to Dynmaics 9.0 ? Thank you very much Ajay There's no direct path from 7.0 to 9.0 so you'll first need to upgrade to 7.5 or 8.0. You'll want to look at the upgrade guides for those versions for specifics. I started this job the day the company upgraded from 7.0 to 9.0. They chose to do the 7.0 to 7.5 to 9.0 path but that may no longer be the best option since support for 7.5 has been discontinued. There are comprehensive upgrade guides available on customer source that should give you all the infor...

It is possible disable warning about missing smartcard driver on Windows 7?
We provide for out customer driver for USB token with custom driver that look for pnp manager as "Smart Card Reader". Technically device is USB card reader with inserted smart card (so smartcard placed with card reader on same circuit board to get USB stick form factor). For all previous OS when installing driver I got message that "Smart Card Reader" driver successfully installed. But in Windows 7 where introdused smartcard minidriver during installation I got message about searching smartcard minidriver in Microsoft Update which fail to find and finally I ...

date #7
using 2007 when doing fill down the date changes from 28.03.08 to 28.03.09 any idea why??? AFD Do you not see my reply of yesterday? Here it is again............................. What are the settings for Short Date under your Windows Regional Seetings. 28.03.08 may not be a valid date and is treated as text. What happens when you enter a date such as 3/23/08 and copy down? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 01:41:46 +0300, "afdmello" <afdmello@hotmail.com> wrote: >using 2007 > >when doing fill down the date changes from 28.03.08 to...

Making functions available in a protected worksheet
Hi I am running Excel 2000. I have a protected worksheet that I share wit a number of users in my organisation. Certain function don't operat when the sheet is protected. I have found code that allows filtering t be used, but would like to find code to allow the insertion of hyperlink on a protected sheet. Can this be done through a worksheet activate code. My current cod includes Sub Worksheet_Activate() ActiveSheet.EnableAutoFilter = True ActiveSheet.Protect contents:=True, userInterfaceOnly:=True End Sub If possible, I would like to be able to set a valid path for th hyperlinks ...

Bank Transaction Entry window
On entering a bank transaction in the BTE window with Analytical Accounting also installed four errors occur; 1. An error occured executing sql statements 2. GPS Error: 18 3. SQL Error: 512 4. ODBC Error: 21000 Anyone know of a fix? The document can be posted and AA info for the journal looks correct. Regards, Gerard ...

Confirm window pop up for Firefox, IE but not Chrome
A "Confirm" window pop up for Firefox, IE but not Chrome for my web page with auto refresh every 10 seconds by javascript. How to stop this "Confirm" window from popping up? Operating System: Windows Vista Home URLs (if applicable):http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php? p=1070518#post1070518 Error Message: See the attached doc at the above URL for screen shot. ...

Anyone Using a Combination of Excel 2007, Windows Server 2008 and
We wanted to know if anyone is using the above combination to programmatically open the Excel 2007 through a windows service in Server 2008? We are getting the following error while attempting to do so : Code Used : Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass app = new ApplicationClass(); Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Workbooks wb = app.Workbooks; wb.Open(filepath, false, false, Missing.Value, Missing.Value, Missing.Value, Missing.Value, Missing.Value, Missing.Value, Missing.Value, Missing.Value, Missing.Value, false, Missing.Value, Missing.Value); Error : ‘System.Runtime.InteropServ...

Destroying a Window
I have created a dialog from within a dialog - its like an application which requires a login first. So i ave to create a login dialog first and then destroy that dialog after i get the user name and passwd. So how do i go about destroying the dialog on clicking the 'OnClickLoginButton'? I used CDialog::DestroyWindow() but it gave me an assert error? Any idea? Rahul rahulthathoo wrote: > I have created a dialog from within a dialog - its like an application > which requires a login first. So i ave to create a login dialog first > and then destroy that dialog after i get th...

How to add my own ScrollBar into the existing view or window?
Hello,all: I have wrote a class just replace the functionate of CScrollBarCtrl,but when I try to add it into the view ,window or other control,I don't know where to add,is there anybody who can tell me how I can add such the ScrollBar into the view,window or other control? Thanks in advance! Carl 2005-3-16 On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:10:58 +0800, Carl wrote: > Hello,all: > > I have wrote a class just replace the functionate of CScrollBarCtrl,but when > I try to add it into the view ,window or other control,I don't know where to > add,is there anybody who can tell me h...

deleting messages in the newsgroups
Is there a simple way, like OE did, that will allow you to clean out (delete) old messages besides selecting them all and deleting? How did you do it with OE? WKMail works the same. To delete all: Highlight one and Ctrl + A will highlight them all. - Delete. To delete a section: Highlight the first one you want to delete. Scroll down to the last one and click on it while holding the Shift key down. - Delete. To delete multiple messages that are interspersed: Hold down the Ctrl key while you click on each message to highlight. - Delete. -- Bruce Hagen ...

ANNOUNCE: v2007 of Altova XML software available
Altova is pleased to announce the availability of Version 2007 of its XML product line. Version 2007 provides numerous new features and updates, including a revolutionary new WSDL editor in XMLSpy=C2=AE, the ability to use Web services as sources, targets, or functions in MapForce=C2=AE data integration projects, output sorting in StyleVision=C2= =AE, a major speed increase in the AltovaXML=E2=84=A2 processor built into the products, and much more. In addition, limited time offers allow customers to save up to 52% when they upgrade to XMLSpy 2007 from an older version, or get a free license fo...

How do I set up an email account in Windows Live Mail for Windows
I have never used Windows Live Mail and need step-by-step instructions on what exactly to type in the boxes in order to set up an email account. I have Windows 7 64 - bit. I tried to figure it out but now have 4 email accounts that don't work and can't remove them. You get the proper mail settings from your mail service provider.=20 Who provides your email service? Or to ask that question another way, what is the part of your email address after the @ symbol? Your mail provider will typically have a web page that shows how to=20 set up an email program. If you need more h...

Overlapped/Hidden window?
Is there any way to find out that one window(Static text)is overlapped/hidden by other(ComboBox)? ...

problem loading regular MFC dll written in VC++7 but loading from
Hi, I developed a dll in VS.Net 2003 (VC++) and am trying to use it in a system that loads this dll using simple LoadLibrary() and then calling a couple of exported C sytle functions. This system, call it loader, is written in VC++ 6. The problem i'm seeing is that if I run on my machine that has VS.Net2003 installed on it everything works fine but when i move to another machine where theres no VS enviroment my dll is not loaded by the loader. I cant see the error message from within the loader as i dont have access to the loader but the call to LoadLibrary fails for some reason. ...

Windows Live Calendar 01-28-10
Is there a way I can send one URL and allow access to a family member for ALL five of my calendars as I see it in Windows Live? ...

How to launch a Windows application from a ASP.Net web application
Hello Community I have successfully created a C# Windows application with SQL Server in the back end. I have also successfully created an ASP.NET web application using C# and SQL Server in th back end. Any more applications will be created with ASP.Net. I don't want to rewrite the Windows application so I am curious, from the ASP.NET application if I create a put a button or a link on the ASP.NET web application can I launch the C# Windows application from there and if so what is the command to launch the C# Web application from the ASP.NET web applicatio...