Very slow internet access via ethernet port

Had an old PC running windows xp. Worked fine connected to my router
using ethernet and powerline adaptors.

Bought a PC from a mate running Vista Ultimate. Now I'm getting only
about 5kb/s.

Checked my router and reset it. OK. In fact, speed using wireless
connection to router from another PC is absolutely fine so its not an
internet/ISP problem. Checked my powerline adaptors and reset them. No
difference.

So, all I can think at the moment is:-

1. Powerline adaptors have chosen this moment to play up. (although
was working fine before).
Getting hold of long CAT5 cable so I can plug directly into router to
test this.

2. Ethernet interface on new PC is screwed. If so, I guess I can get
hold of a PCI LAN card or something.

3. Somethings up with the Vista install. Maybe virus, malware etc. I
did a malware sweep and it found some but no difference after cleaning
this. Maybe I'll wipe it and install my old version of XP.

Any comments?
0
BertieBigBollox

Is there a firmware update for the router?

On 27/05/2010 09:30, BertieBigBollox@gmail.com wrote:
> Had an old PC running windows xp. Worked fine connected to my router
> using ethernet and powerline adaptors.
>
> Bought a PC from a mate running Vista Ultimate. Now I'm getting only
> about 5kb/s.
>
> Checked my router and reset it. OK. In fact, speed using wireless
> connection to router from another PC is absolutely fine so its not an
> internet/ISP problem. Checked my powerline adaptors and reset them. No
> difference.
>
> So, all I can think at the moment is:-
>
> 1. Powerline adaptors have chosen this moment to play up. (although
> was working fine before).
> Getting hold of long CAT5 cable so I can plug directly into router to
> test this.
>
> 2. Ethernet interface on new PC is screwed. If so, I guess I can get
> hold of a PCI LAN card or something.
>
> 3. Somethings up with the Vista install. Maybe virus, malware etc. I
> did a malware sweep and it found some but no difference after cleaning
> this. Maybe I'll wipe it and install my old version of XP.
>
> Any comments?
0
Dominic
5/27/2010 8:39:45 AM
"BertieBigBollox@gmail.com" <bertiebigbollox@gmail.com> clouded the
waters of pure thought with
:

> Had an old PC running windows xp. Worked fine connected to my
> router using ethernet and powerline adaptors.
>
> Bought a PC from a mate running Vista Ultimate. Now I'm getting
> only about 5kb/s.
>
> Checked my router and reset it. OK. In fact, speed using wireless
> connection to router from another PC is absolutely fine so its not
> an internet/ISP problem. Checked my powerline adaptors and reset
> them. No difference.
>
> So, all I can think at the moment is:-
>
> 1. Powerline adaptors have chosen this moment to play up.
> (although was working fine before).
> Getting hold of long CAT5 cable so I can plug directly into router
> to test this.

Did you install any DRIVERS for the Powerline adaptors on the old PC
that worked? If so you might maybe wanna install them on the NEW PC
also.

THe C-5 cable will tell you whats up with your NIC.

> 2. Ethernet interface on new PC is screwed. If so, I guess I can
> get hold of a PCI LAN card or something.

Try a wireless dongle.
Really.

> 3. Somethings up with the Vista install. Maybe virus, malware etc.
> I did a malware sweep and it found some but no difference after
> cleaning this. Maybe I'll wipe it and install my old version of
> XP.

FFS, yer gonna throw the baby out with the bathwater, mate.

> Any comments?

Unless you HAVE drivers for that kit that XP will use, dont be
fucking around wiping yer drives.
BABY STEPS.

^_^

--
http://www.skepticalscience.com/
http://stopbeck.com|www.snuhwolf.9f.com|www.eyeonpalin.org

"BertieBigBollox@gmail.com" <bertiebigbollox@gmail.com> wrote in

> Had an old PC running windows xp. Worked fine connected to my router
> using ethernet and powerline adaptors.

Have you tried connecting the problematic computer directly to the
internet without using the router at all? Do so. Routers exist mostly to
confuse their owners and make money for computer salemen. Only partially
joking there.

> Bought a PC from a mate running Vista Ultimate. Now I'm getting only
> about 5kb/s.

Did you reinstall windows once you got it - from the Vista install CD,
not from a "backup"?

Have you tried diabling all your startup programs to see if this makes a
difference?

> Checked my router and reset it. OK. In fact, speed using wireless
> connection to router from another PC is absolutely fine so its not an
> internet/ISP problem. Checked my powerline adaptors and reset them. No
> difference.
>
> So, all I can think at the moment is:-
>
> 1. Powerline adaptors have chosen this moment to play up. (although
> was working fine before).
> Getting hold of long CAT5 cable so I can plug directly into router to
> test this.
>
> 2. Ethernet interface on new PC is screwed. If so, I guess I can get
> hold of a PCI LAN card or something.
>
> 3. Somethings up with the Vista install. Maybe virus, malware etc. I
> did a malware sweep and it found some but no difference after cleaning
> this. Maybe I'll wipe it and install my old version of XP.

What sort of internet connection *do* you have? If it's DSL, have you
tried  a) reseting the modem with all but the actual DSL connection
unplugged (that is all normal phones, cords and filters on them). Also
filters are supposed to plug *directly* into the wall jack. Unplugging
the phones would allow you to eliminate the possibility of a bad filter.
Also the web page display line showing the speed the modem thinks is
possibile would be helpful in a later post as it shows some diagnostic
information. You usually can get this by:

http://192.168.2.1

Although your manual for the modem from your ISP may say  something
slightly different. I depends on their modem and how it's set up.

Finally, calling your ISP *with* the router not hooked in, they didn't
provide it, so they don't support it, is always an option.

The above deals exclusively with ADSL, if you have cable internet, you
can ignore the phone jack parts obviously, but everything else still
applies.

--
(setq (chuck nil)  car(chuck) )
0

> BertieBigBollox@gmail.com, thou flea. Ye unemployed woeful man, I can
> see thy pride peep through each part of thee. Ye gibbered:
>
>> To my router using windows xp. worked to my router using ethernet an
>> old pc running ethernet an old pc running windows xp. worked to my
>> router using ethernet an old pc running ethernet and powerline
>> adaptors. had an oldd.
>>
>> A mate. now i'm getting only about 5kb/s. bought a mate. now i'm
>> getting only about 5kb/s. bought a mate running only about 5kb/s.
>> bought a mate running vista ultimatee.
>>
>> Another pc is an inter another pc is and reset them. no difference.
>> checked using wireless connection to router pc is absoluternet/isp
>> problem. checked using wireless connection to router from an
>> internet/isp problem. checked my powerline so its not and reset it.
>> ok. in fact, speed using wireless connection to routely fine so it.
>> ok. in fact, speed my powerline adaptors absolutely fine adaptors
>> absolutely fine so its nothem. no differenc
>>
>> Moment is:- so, all i can think at think at think at the moment is:-
>> so, all i caan.
>>
>> Can play up. (although was working fine before). getting cat5 cable
>> so i can play up. (although was working fine before). getting fine
>> adaptors have chosen this moment to router to play up. (although was
>> working fine before). getting hold of long cat5 cable so i cable so
>> i can play up. (although was working hold of long hold of long fine
>> adaptors havee.
>>
>> A pci lan can get hold of a pci lan card of a pci lan card of a pci
>> lan card of a pci lan card of a pci lan can get hold or so, i can
>> get hold of a pc is screwed. if so, i can get interface on new pci
>> lan can get innterface.
>>
>> And some but no difference after cleanings up with the vistall.
>> maybe i'll with this. maybe virus, malware etc. i did a malware etc.
>> i difference after cleanings up with this. maybe virus, malware etc.
>> i did a malware etc. i difference after cleaning things up with
>> this. maybe virus, malware sweep and it and it and insta install.
>> maybe i'll my old version of xp. 3. some but no difference after
>> cleaaning.
>>
>> Comments? any comments? any com
>>

> Can you try posting that again, please?

LOL

--
<snip>

0
John
5/27/2010 7:57:02 PM
sandy58 "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> On May 27, 9:35´┐Żam, NoxiousRoastBeefCurtain ADateWithSenoritaMano
> Farkleberry <a...@anon.anon> wrote:
>> BertieBigBol...@gmail.com, thou flea. Ye unemployed woeful man, I can
>> see thy pride peep through each part of thee. Ye gibbered:
>>

>> > To my router using windows xp. worked to my router using ethernet an
>> > old pc running ethernet an old pc running windows xp. worked to my
>> > router using ethernet an old pc running ethernet and powerline
>> > adaptors. had an oldd.
>>
>> > A mate. now i'm getting only about 5kb/s. bought a mate. now i'm
>> > getting only about 5kb/s. bought a mate running only about 5kb/s.
>> > bought a mate running vista ultimatee.
>>
>> > Another pc is an inter another pc is and reset them. no difference.
>> > checked using wireless connection to router pc is absoluternet/isp
>> > problem. checked using wireless connection to router from an
>> > internet/isp problem. checked my powerline so its not and reset it.
>> > ok. in fact, speed using wireless connection to routely fine so it.
>> > ok. in fact, speed my powerline adaptors absolutely fine adaptors
>> > absolutely fine so its nothem. no differenc
>>
>> > Moment is:- so, all i can think at think at think at the moment is:-
>> > so, all i caan.
>>
>> > Can play up. (although was working fine before). getting cat5 cable
>> > so i can play up. (although was working fine before). getting fine
>> > adaptors have chosen this moment to router to play up. (although was
>> > working fine before). getting hold of long cat5 cable so i cable so
>> > i can play up. (although was working hold of long hold of long fine
>> > adaptors havee.
>>
>> > A pci lan can get hold of a pci lan card of a pci lan card of a pci
>> > lan card of a pci lan card of a pci lan can get hold or so, i can
>> > get hold of a pc is screwed. if so, i can get interface on new pci
>> > lan can get innterface.
>>
>> > And some but no difference after cleanings up with the vistall.
>> > maybe i'll with this. maybe virus, malware etc. i did a malware etc.
>> > i difference after cleanings up with this. maybe virus, malware etc.
>> > i did a malware etc. i difference after cleaning things up with
>> > this. maybe virus, malware sweep and it and it and insta install.
>> > maybe i'll my old version of xp. 3. some but no difference after
>> > cleaaning.
>>
>> > Comments? any comments? any com
>>
>> Can you try posting that again, please?
>>
>> --
>> take an air dump : v. To fart; blow off.
>
> A poor man's Kadaitcha Man wannabe. Get a life, dipshit.

You senseless, clueless, humorless cunt.

--
Your mother was a user-friendly punk who drew all her self-esteem from
vodka in closets.

0
John
5/27/2010 8:01:51 PM
sandy58, hag-seed hence. Thou art a lean-witted jigging fool, a
motley-minded rough heart of flint, a bug-eyed whoreson mandrake, an
ill-breeding sad wrack, boy, ape, braggart, jack, milksop. Ye blurted
out:

> On May 27, 9:35 am, NoxiousRoastBeefCurtain ADateWithSenoritaMano
> Farkleberry <a...@anon.anon> wrote:
>> BertieBigBol...@gmail.com, thou flea. Ye unemployed woeful man, I can
>> see thy pride peep through each part of thee. Ye gibbered:
>>

>> > To my router using windows xp. worked to my router using ethernet an
>> > old pc running ethernet an old pc running windows xp. worked to my
>> > router using ethernet an old pc running ethernet and powerline
>> > adaptors. had an oldd.
>>
>> > A mate. now i'm getting only about 5kb/s. bought a mate. now i'm
>> > getting only about 5kb/s. bought a mate running only about 5kb/s.
>> > bought a mate running vista ultimatee.
>>
>> > Another pc is an inter another pc is and reset them. no difference.
>> > checked using wireless connection to router pc is absoluternet/isp
>> > problem. checked using wireless connection to router from an
>> > internet/isp problem. checked my powerline so its not and reset it.
>> > ok. in fact, speed using wireless connection to routely fine so it.
>> > ok. in fact, speed my powerline adaptors absolutely fine adaptors
>> > absolutely fine so its nothem. no differenc
>>
>> > Moment is:- so, all i can think at think at think at the moment is:-
>> > so, all i caan.
>>
>> > Can play up. (although was working fine before). getting cat5 cable
>> > so i can play up. (although was working fine before). getting fine
>> > adaptors have chosen this moment to router to play up. (although was
>> > working fine before). getting hold of long cat5 cable so i cable so
>> > i can play up. (although was working hold of long hold of long fine
>> > adaptors havee.
>>
>> > A pci lan can get hold of a pci lan card of a pci lan card of a pci
>> > lan card of a pci lan card of a pci lan can get hold or so, i can
>> > get hold of a pc is screwed. if so, i can get interface on new pci
>> > lan can get innterface.
>>
>> > And some but no difference after cleanings up with the vistall.
>> > maybe i'll with this. maybe virus, malware etc. i did a malware etc.
>> > i difference after cleanings up with this. maybe virus, malware etc.
>> > i did a malware etc. i difference after cleaning things up with
>> > this. maybe virus, malware sweep and it and it and insta install.
>> > maybe i'll my old version of xp. 3. some but no difference after
>> > cleaaning.
>>
>> > Comments? any comments? any com
>>
>> Can you try posting that again, please?
>>
>> --
>> take an air dump : v. To fart; blow off.
>
> A poor man's Kadaitcha Man wannabe. Get a life, dipshit.

Post your home address. I'll come and take yours.

--
Thank you to every American who has not sued me so far; Sacha Baron
Cohen, Comedian and Actor (aka 'Borat') upon winning a Golden Globe

0
LimpRangoons

Format function in Ms Access 97
I am in trouble in comparing two dates: as I wrote code as If (Format(Me![Delivery Timescales], "short date") < Format(Now(), "short date")) Then MsgBox "Please enter Requested Start date as current date or any future date", vbCritical End If where [Delivery Timescales] is a Text Box and the whole code has been written on the click of a button. The Error I am getting is the If condition is coming false as I entered 31/12/2004 in [Delivery Timescales] text box. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance. -- Message posted via http://www.acc...

OE attachments on exchange open slow.
Hi I am using exchange 5.5 SP4 on Winnt 4 SP6a. When my users open any attachments using exchange it opens slow and day by day it is getting slower. I don't have the DNS server and i am using ISP provided DNS. I have tried the host file and it works slowly too. There is no virus and spyware on my exchange. Please help. Thanks Faz wrote: > Hi > > I am using exchange 5.5 SP4 on Winnt 4 SP6a. When my users open any > attachments using exchange it opens slow and day by day it is getting > slower. I don't have the DNS server and i am using ISP provided DNS. > I ...

Using taRMApply via Webservices?
Is it possible to extend Webservices (GP 9) to apply payments via Econnect's taRMApply? I have tried modifying Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.CashReceiptCreate.xslt, however Econnect seems to be ignoring the taRMApply object. -Tony It would be easiest to just create your own webservice that wraps the taRMApply transaction in eConnect. The only downside is that your webserive will obviously not fall under and of the defined policies within GP Web Services. HTH Scott "Tony" wrote: > Is it possible to extend Webservices (GP 9) to apply payments via Econnect's > taRM...

saving an access report as a txt file
I have an Access 2000 database file that is being used in access 2003. Everything works fine except when you try to export a report to a txt file the file cuts off lots of data making it useless. I have tried all 4 formats with the same reult. Yet if the same report is exported in Aceess 2000 it works fine. What am I missing or not setting up for? -- the Dataman Dataman wrote: >I have an Access 2000 database file that is being used in access 2003. >Everything works fine except when you try to export a report to a txt file >the file cuts off lots of data making...

My documents access denied
Hi On my Win2003 domain I redirect users to a My Documents folder on the network (each have their own of course). This works perfectly, except for Outlook XP can't seem to access it. If they attach a file from the "my documents" folder via the paperclip button they get "access denied" (note files from other network drives actually work). However can work around this by dragging an attachment from the "my documents" folder area onto the message itself and it works without a problem. Is it a setting in group policy editor perhaps (can't find it)? Cheers....

Help! Character Encoding Problem when exporting from Access to XML
I export a Access table as a txt file every week to a third party provider who distributes the file in XML form to online clients. Recently characters have started to not translate onto sites; usually quotes and apostrophes. I have been told by the third party service that this is due to a problem from cutting-and-pasting btw Excel, Word and Access. How can I 'clean' this data in Access so it is uniform? On May 11, 5:31=A0am, Mark H <Ma...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I export a Access table as a txt file every week to a third party provide= r > who ...

Browsing the Global Address List in Outlook Web Access
When I am using Outlook Web Access with Exchange Server 2003 I am not able to browse the Global Address List. When you click the address book, you have to type in a search character to have names come up. Is there a Microsoft supported way to get this to automatically show all the names in the book like it does in Outlook? I have seen a few pay things where people changed the scripting. Is there any quick code that can just be inserted that can do this? Thanks for any help you can provide, as there isn't must out there on the net. That's the way it works. -- Ed Crowley MV...

Re: Changing domain password via RPC over HTTP
Hi Mark, Do you mean that enabling changing password in OWA (on the RPC proxy server) is equivalent to enabling changing password via RPC/HTTP? Thanks! "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote in message news:s2lsm013co202g0tjifohnfa6ibvuick6t@4ax.com... > On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:25:09 +0800, "Shel" <shel@msnews.forum.com> > wrote: > > >Hi, > > > >Having a FE RPC/HTTP proxy server, and users connected via HTTP. > >The Exchange servers are in a Resource domain, and user accounts are in > >Accounts domain. > >These a...

OWA Access from the LAN
I've got a customer having problems accessing OWA on their internal network (yes, they want to be able to do that). Three login attempts using the DNS name results in an "Error: Access is Denied". However, using the IP address does allow access. Their internal DNS records appear fine with both A and reverse lookups for the server. Pings resolve to the correct address. Outside access works fine too. Their redirector in IIS points to "HTTP:\\mail.domainname.com/exchange" instead of the usual "/exchange". Disabling "Integrated Windows Authentication&q...

OWA access #11
Hi, We did the exchange server migration last week from exchange/windows 2000 to 2003 under the same AD. Everything is working fine now. For the old exchange 2000 (which is the AD GC, DNS and exchange Master server) will keep to running for another two week. The OWA in our intranet is working fine but outside is not. Because of the NAT IP address is still pointing to the old exchange 2000. We want to know how to setup auto-forward to allow user outside our network still can use the OWA. Thanks, Gary. Hi, You will need to have the IP forwarded to the new server (unless the old Exc...

MS Access Auction Listing Template?
I am looking for a very basic and simple template to download that I can work with without having to change/design anything much. There are couple of them that I downloaded from ms templates but they are too complicated to customize the design. Can anyone help me with a template that's just basic where I can list the item #, title, auction start/end date, starting price, customer Id, add., and payment etc.? Please any help will be appreciated Thanks ...

Mailbox Access
In exchange 5.5 if the admin or other user logged onto a mailbox that they did not own it would show in the event log, as far as i can see in 2000 it does not do this, am i missing something ? Hi, Try this article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q280527 "Rich" <tragically1969@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1eca2d78.0406280027.227ade0f@posting.google.com... > In exchange 5.5 if the admin or other user logged onto a mailbox that > they did not own it would show in the event log, as far as i can see > in 2000 it does not do this, am i m...

Clicking a button via VBA
Hi, I am trying to (using VBA), open a form, populate a combo box, and then clicka button on the newly opened form... I have tried the following: DoCmd.OpenForm "frm01_Services" Forms.frm01_Services.cmbServer.Value = Me!Server Forms.frm01_Services.cmdGetServicesData.SetFocus Forms!frm01_Services.cmbserver_Click <<-----Error Line # 3 bombs - is there a function in access that allows me to do this? Any help is always greatly appreciated... Cheers, GLT. "GLT" <GLT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D93ED041-DBA6-4DC...

Office 2004 is Slow
Hi All, I have a iMac G5 (1.8GHz) with 512MB of RAM and OS 10.3.8. I've recently bought the Pro version of Microsoft Office 2004. All Office programs run slow; for example, as I type in Word the text will consistantly take a few second to appear on the screen; in Excel, the computer screen is consistenly around 1 second behind what I am doing. I've downloaded all the lastest updates for OSX and Office but this has not corrected this time lag. Can anybody please help? Steve, I don't know what is going on with your computer, but I can at least let you know that Office 2004 is n...

Access Environment execution
Is there away that I could determine which access application is running? I have an application that when it executes in XP I can display a power point presentation without no problem. However, when I execute the same code in Office 2007 it does not work because the location of the power point execution exec is located in a different library. Therefore, would like to know how to figure out the environment so that I can use one path or the other. Your guidance and collaboration will be appreciated. Luis -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Why not use FollowHyperlink to...

Moving Graphics in Publisher to Internet Explorer
I have created a Web site using Publisher 2007 and have inserted PayPal buttons. When the site is published and then viewed with Internet Explorer 6-8 the buttons have moved from where they were placed. Can anyone help? I need to somehow anchor the buttons so they do not move. Thank you. -- JKKOK Please post your question in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US Please alway...

Access 2003 10-25-04
I have a user who is unable to open an access 2002 database with 2000 as the backend. everyone in the office is able to access the MDB we are on 2002. The user is able to key in the password but gets the messge "Database is in an unrecognizable format" Please help You may convert the Access 2002 file to Access file 2000 on Tools, DB Utilities, Convert. "Mykas_Robi" wrote: > I have a user who is unable to open an access 2002 database with 2000 as the > backend. everyone in the office is able to access the MDB we are on 2002. > The user is able to key ...

MS Access Customizing an Auto Number
Hi - I would like to create my own auto number. It should include: project acronym+date+#### Example: 65947WHB-CAE_042210-0001 I have a table set up that I can pull the project acronym from, the date would be the date entered into the database, the number would generate automatically. What is the best way to do this? Thanks for your help. April On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:08:03 -0700, April Klein <April Klein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi - > >I would like to create my own auto number. It should include: > >project acronym+date+###...

Unable to Access Money after changing password
My husband changed our Microsoft Passport password and now I am unable to access our Microsoft Money files. I've tried both the new and old password but neither work. ...

Recovering messages removed by pop3 access
My site has an Exchange 2000 installation running a Win2k installation. Most users access their messages with Outlook 2000. A user at my site accessed his messages with a pop3 client (Mozilla Thunderbird) which was configured to remove the messages from the server. He was not aware of this, and then deleted his e-mail client, along with the client message store. Upon firing up Outlook, as I'm sure you can guess, there were no messages in the inbox, which previously held many (>200). Doh! Naturally he wants to get those messages back. Our exchange server is configured to keep deleted mes...

Opening Word Attachments is slow in Outlook 2000
Opening a word document attachment is very slow. It's on a W2K machine running office 2000 pro. Other attachments work fine and opening the word documents outside outlook work fine. Jerry. ...

unable to print from internet explorer 6
Hi, my print dont work from internet explorer or outlook express but work office ,pdf etc ect Hi have windows xp (no sp) When i press print button nothing happens when if i click file -> print appears the printer panel but if i click any printer nothing happens. I have already registered the dll .... the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00020420-0000-0000- C000-000000000046}\InprocServer32\ InprocServer32 string is not present.. thanks for the help Ciccio "ciccio" <mb0339@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e615f91d-1bee-4692-ad21-18cf07547ef2@v25g2000yqk.go...

Sending email from Access database
Hi, I have a command button in an Access 2002 database that automatically sends email from Access to Outlook. The code I use is Private Sub btnSendEmail2_Click() DoCmd.SendObject , , acFormatHTML, [Email], , , , , True End Sub I have two questions that I am having a hard time figuring out: 1.) Is there a way to force the font type of the email in Outlook? 2.) How can I get Outlook to save the sent message in the Sent Folder of Outlook? Right now it's just sending the emails, but no keeping any record of it being sent. Any help would be great!! Tina The font can be set in the...

Accessing values in points collection of chart & conditional display
Hi, I have just started learning Macros &... I need to read thru the values of each data point in a chart and decide if the datalabels need to be displayed on the chart. That is, if the value in a point is less than 1, I do not want the datalabel displayed for that point. Is there a way to access the Value of the points array ? Please help. I duno in which group the Points belong to . This is how I started working on it. Dim p As Points With ActiveChart For Each p In ?? If p.Values <= 1 Then p.HasDataLabels = False End If Next p End With Thanx in advance -- nnj -----------------...

Internet Connection Icon
The Icon which normally sits beside the Icon for the Local Area Connection has disappeared How can I reinstate it? I find it useful to check my Broadband speed Blair And, what, pray tell, is the icon you are referring to? Mine is a speaker and the Google talk icon. Only you know which one you are talking about. "bm" <Darroch@aol.com> wrote in message news:ej04ppDJLHA.4320@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... : The Icon which normally sits beside the Icon for the Local Area Connection : has disappeared : How can I reinstate it? : I find it useful to check my Broadband sp...