Various ways to switch among open apps?

I've been relying on Alt-Tab to switch among open
applications since Windows 3.1.  Now that I sometimes
have 10 or 12 apps open at any given time, I'm finding
that the muscles of my hand often get strained.

I really don't like the standard way that people switch
among apps: moving the mouse down to the taskbar and
clicking the icon of the app you want.  Are there other
possibilities out there?  Maybe there are utilities that
do this, or perhaps new hardware?  Thanks for any
thoughts.
0
Rick

http://4sysops.com/archives/switcher-20-a-great-alt-tab-replacement-for-vista/

"Rick" <rick0726@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I've been relying on Alt-Tab to switch among open
> applications since Windows 3.1.  Now that I sometimes
> have 10 or 12 apps open at any given time, I'm finding
> that the muscles of my hand often get strained.
>
> I really don't like the standard way that people switch
> among apps: moving the mouse down to the taskbar and
> clicking the icon of the app you want.  Are there other
> possibilities out there?  Maybe there are utilities that
> do this, or perhaps new hardware?  Thanks for any
> thoughts.

0
Bob
11/16/2009 7:57:31 AM
"Rick" <rick0726@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I've been relying on Alt-Tab to switch among open
> applications since Windows 3.1.  Now that I sometimes
> have 10 or 12 apps open at any given time, I'm finding
> that the muscles of my hand often get strained.
>
> I really don't like the standard way that people switch
> among apps: moving the mouse down to the taskbar and
> clicking the icon of the app you want.  Are there other
> possibilities out there?  Maybe there are utilities that
> do this, or perhaps new hardware?  Thanks for any
> thoughts.

If you rule out keyboard sequences or clicking a mouse then there aren't
many options left.

I suppose Voice Recognition commands would be another option.

I've seen helmets where you can control things via brain waves, but I
suspect they're still a number of years off for general consumption....

--
Jon

0
Jon
11/16/2009 11:01:44 AM
On Nov 15, 1:53=A0pm, Rick <rick0...@verizon.net> wrote:
> I've been relying on Alt-Tab to switch among open
> applications since Windows 3.1. =A0Now that I sometimes
> have 10 or 12 apps open at any given time, I'm finding
> that the muscles of my hand often get strained.
>
> I really don't like the standard way that people switch
> among apps: moving the mouse down to the taskbar and
> clicking the icon of the app you want. =A0Are there other
> possibilities out there? =A0Maybe there are utilities that
> do this, or perhaps new hardware? =A0Thanks for any
> thoughts.

I'm using VistaSwitcher     http://www.ntwind.com/software/vistaswitcher.ht=
ml
0
smlunatick
11/16/2009 5:35:36 PM
Rick;1190942 Wrote:
> I've been relying on Alt-Tab to switch among open
> applications since Windows 3.1. Now that I sometimes
> have 10 or 12 apps open at any given time, I'm finding
> that the muscles of my hand often get strained.
>
> I really don't like the standard way that people switch
> among apps: moving the mouse down to the taskbar and
> clicking the icon of the app you want. Are there other
> possibilities out there? Maybe there are utilities that
> do this, or perhaps new hardware? Thanks for any
> thoughts.

Get a keyboard with a trackball like this one ( 'RF Wireless Keyboard
with Optical Trackball' (http://www.fentek-ind.com/kbmrfotb45ub.htm) ).
Then you won`t have any fatigue in your hand because your hand always
stays at rest.

--
whs
0