User folder on desktop has a bad name

My name is Matteo (like User Name). Hence I had a User Folder on
desktop named Matteo. Now it has a different name, but files inside
are C:\Users\Matteo  The wrong name is visible only on desktop
How can I restore the correct name?
0
Allamarein

"Allamarein" <matteo.diplomacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> My name is Matteo (like User Name). Hence I had a User Folder on
> desktop named Matteo. Now it has a different name, but files inside
> are C:\Users\Matteo  The wrong name is visible only on desktop
> How can I restore the correct name?
What is the different name ?
Is it a Administrator account ?
Start/Control Panel/Users Accounts/Change your account name

0
Frank
5/7/2010 8:02:09 PM
On 7 Mag, 22:02, "Frank Drew Leyda" <mym...@nothere.com> wrote:
> "Allamarein" <matteo.diplom...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> My name is Matteo (like User Name). Hence I had a User Folder on
> > desktop named Matteo. Now it has a different name, but files inside
> > are C:\Users\Matteo =A0The wrong name is visible only on desktop
> > How can I restore the correct name?

> What is the different name ?
> Is it a Administrator account ?
> Start/Control Panel/Users Accounts/Change your account name

I try to explain the problem better.
Maybe while I was creating a folder and renaming that 'Program
Fortran', something happens and user folder 'Matteo' began 'program
fortran'. It is strange because it should be impossible renaming the
User Folder.
It's bizarre that the files inside User Folder have still route C:
\Users\Matteo like nothing happened. This funny name appears only for
User Folder on desktop.
I tried with these strategies:
1. restart
2. come back to a configuration point
3. eliminate user folder and restore that by specific menu (where you
can choose which icons you like on desktop)
4. renaiming user

Anyway  Program Fortran  stand against on my desktop. Perhaps it is a
problem inside the register...
0
Allamarein

How to Hide Left Panel of Folder Window?
I'm well behind the Windows curve and I'm just now learning to use Windows XP Home. Up to now I've been using Windows 2000 Pro. On my XP desktop I have a shortcut to my music folder which containins my MP3 files. When I double click on the shortcut, a window opens on the desktop displaying the contents of my music folder. This window has a panel along the left side containing items like "File and Folder Tasks" and "Other Places." I can't figure out how to close, hide or otherwise delete this panel. This panel takes up a lot of prec...

Possible to send email directly to a folder?
I know I've seen this done but I cannot remember how to send email to a folder by using its address in the CC: block.... When sending email, how can I also include the "address" of an OL folder in one of my open PSTso it automatically receives a copy of the email (much like Sent Items)? How about to my OL folders in my Exchange server? I have some templates filled with about 90% of what I have to send on a recurring basis, and preconfiguring the folder where I copy these (ffor later reference) would save me some work. I can swear I did this before but cannot find it now. TI...

Remote users cannot send e-mail through Outlook
I have a few users who do not work in our office. They have Outlook installed on their home computers and then dial up to the internet and do a send/receive. I have Exchange 2k3 on a Windows 2k server and the users are configured to allow for SMTP/POP3. All was working fine until earlier this week when they informed me that they could no longer "send" mail. They get the message "The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by your mail server. If this problem persists, contact your LAN Administrator or Internet Provider". The users can still receive mail ...

Adding Contacts Folder as Address Book in Exchange Server
I am trying to add my contacts folder to my address book in Outlook XP and don't see the Tools, Options I used to see in Outlook 2000. How can I add this folder to my address book? Is that an option you can turn on or off for a profile in Exchange Server? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Right click on your Contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book. Can you tick the box there? If not, go to tools, e-mail accounts, view/change address books, and make sure you have the Outlook Address Book option there. Then try right-clicking...

Suggest Names While Completing .....
Is there anyway to remove a "suggested name" short of actually turning this feature off? Our CEO's PA has returned from leave but her home email address keeps popping up as an option. Ta Ian When Outlook suggests the name, highlight it with the arrow keys and then press the delete key. "Ian Kynaston" <IKynaston@nospam.propertyoz.com.au> wrote in message news:554f01c4743a$a34b6910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to remove a "suggested name" short of > actually turning this feature off? > > Our CEO's PA has returned from leave b...

Public folder issue, "messaging interface has returned an unknown error"
I'm running a SBS2003 domain and just added a public folder and a customized form for entry into the public folder. All of our clients (all XP Pro, Outlook 2003 with all updates) can get to that folder and use the form without any difficulty except for one. On one computer I get the classic "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." error message. I have tried a repair install, no change. I have tried making a new profile, no change. I have tried adding / removing his PST file (currently he's not even using a pst file...

Activities/Journaling for Public Folder Contacts
I've created a company contacts folder in the Public Folders on Exchange 2k3. I've also created a journal folder in the public folders. I can set the contact folder to search the journal folder when I hit the activities tab, but I can't figure out how to make new journal entries go into the public folder journal instead of my mailbox journal. How do I do this? ...

Excel ask duplicate NAMES when duplicate a worksheets
I have added a NAME called "Above" where point to the cell just above the current cell. The formula is "=INDIRECT("R[-1]C",)" In some workbook, when I duplicate a worksheets, this name will remain silent and work ok. But in some workbooks, when I first duplicate a worksheets, the same name ABOVE will be duplicate and a new local name (belongs to that new worksheet) will be created. If I further duplicate that new worksheets in to a new worksheets, the third worksheets will be warned that a dupicate NAME is existed and ask whether refer to another name or use a ne...

I need help restoring Public Folders
Hi I've been having issues getting Public Folder replication going between 2 Exchange 2003 servers. Prior to doing any work I performed a Backup using Veritas Backup Exec and this completed and verified correctly. I screwed things up and managed to delete some of the public folders on my original server. I'm not 100% sure what I did but it is a mess and the only backup I have is the Exchange backup I created before doing any work. The public folders contain a number of Contact Lists and a very important Event Calendar. I have restored the public folders but when the restore c...

Retrieving Current User Information from JScript (OnChange)
I am adding functionality to one of my client's OnChange scripts to append the Current User Name into a memo field with date and action information. I scoured the web but can not find a way to properly retrieve the Current User information. Any information would be incredibly appreciated. ...

exchange 5.5 will not keep new server name.
We have exchange 5.5 in enviroment where windows server 2003 is setup along with active directory and active direcitory intergrated zone which is replicated to other servers. Problem: I enter the Exchange Server Name followed by the mailbox name then I select the button [CHECK NAME] In the exchange server name field after entering the new exchange server name the old exchange server name is displayed instead. This only happens in office 2003 professional and not in office 2000 professional "old exchange server name" How did you go about changing the name of the server...

Personal Folder Error when opening Outook 2002
When opening Outlook 2002, I receive the message that the Personal folder was not closed properly and needs to be checked. I allow the check to run, and all is fine. But this error message reappears after I close and reopen Outlook. Please Reply. thanks. ...

Desktop icons
How can I show desktop icon titles within a rectangular box so that they can be read more easily Not a Media Center related question, repost to the general group of what ever version of Windows your using. -- -- "mbrodell" <mbrodell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48DEC4FA-A773-4BC0-80D1-6D904D6CC612@microsoft.com... > How can I show desktop icon titles within a rectangular box so that they > can > be read more easily =?Utf-8?B?bWJyb2RlbGw=?= <mbrodell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:48DEC4FA-A773-4BC0-80D1-6D...

Can I show server name instead of drive letter?
When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on where the server is mapped and not all users have the same mapping. Is this possible? Try using: \\ServerName\drive\... where ServerName is the name of the server and drive is the appropriate drive, and then find the file on the drive from that point. "bfant" wrote: > When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual > server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on...

drawing on the desktop
Hi, When you drag the Visual Studio property window , it will draw on the screen a rectangle with the mouse showing the new position of the property window if you drop it right now. I want to know how this is implemented? Do I need to get the DC of the desktop to do the drawing?? Thank you, wk ...

Users cannot login to OWA after Exchange 2K3 was moved into different OU
I created a new OU named member servers, and moved the exchange 2k3 server into it. After I moved it, only the administrator was able to login to OWA successfully. No users could login to OWA. I created a test account with a mailbox, and was able to login to OWA with the newly created test account. I then moved the exchange 2k3 server from the member servers OU into the computers OU, and the newly created account was unable to login to OWA. Any help with this would be appreciated. ...

Backup a users mailbox in Exchange 2003
We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? -- Chuck On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 06:36:02 -0800, chb12 <chb12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a >copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? Exmerge is always a good option. What I normally do is open their mailbox on my outlook, then create a PST (name it the users name). Once the PST is created I copy the contents of their mailbox into the PST. From there you ...

Deleted calendar from Public Folders
Accidentally I deleted Calendar in Public Folders on the Exchange 2000. Is there a way to bring it back? I tried to locate an article in Knowlege Base searching with "Recovering deleted items from a public folder", but the article is gone. On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 21:28:01 -0700, Daniel <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Accidentally I deleted Calendar in Public Folders on the Exchange 2000. Is >there a way to bring it back? >I tried to locate an article in Knowlege Base searching with "Recovering >deleted items from a public folder", but the a...

user forms #5
Hello, I have created a user form (click on New Employee). How do I get the information entered in to this form to appear in the correct columns in the Payroll data sheet? And how do I get the combo boxes to display the drop down information from the sheet called input. Regards Runner77 -- Runner77 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Runner77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500502 ...

Make sales target (quota) invisible for other users
I am setting up a MS CRM system for a pilot which focus primarily on our sales department. I have given each user who's a salesperson given a quota in the CRM system. These numbers are confidential and so not everybody may be given the possibility to view this data. But when I checked with another role, I could see the quota of erverybody who's got quota assigned. Is there a possibility to make these quota's only visible to the persons I want (for example the director can see the quota's of everybody, the salespersons can only see the quota for themselves and the rest o...