User Account deleted

My nephew deleted my admin user account trying to bypass the parental
controls.  Now when anyone else tries to use the computer after his
allowed time it will not let anyone connect to the internet.  Can I
restore this user account so that I can change the time limits and the
parental controls.  There is nothing in the recycle bin so he deleted
everything.  Is there a master admin password that I can use to change
all the parental controls need help with the issue.  Can not find
original disks so I can not reinstall windows to fix.  Windows vista
home premium on gateway laptop.

--
Idoltaz

Idoltaz

On 12/14/09, Idoltaz posted:
> My nephew deleted my admin user account trying to bypass the parental
> controls.  Now when anyone else tries to use the computer after his
> allowed time it will not let anyone connect to the internet.  Can I
> restore this user account so that I can change the time limits and the
> parental controls.  There is nothing in the recycle bin so he deleted
> everything.  Is there a master admin password that I can use to change
> all the parental controls need help with the issue.  Can not find
> original disks so I can not reinstall windows to fix.  Windows vista
> home premium on gateway laptop.

You can possibly create a new admin level account. You can possibly
give your nephew a non-admin level account or lock him out of the
house.

Try starting a command prompt with administrator permissions (an
elevated command prompt). If you succeed, enter the following command:
net user administrator /active:yes
If that is successful, exit from there and switch users. This will
bring up the *real* administrator account, which is called
"administrator".

In there you can create a new account with administrator privileges
(this is *not* a full administrator account).

While there, also change your nephew's account to a standard account
and create passwords for the other accounts. Do *not* share these with
your nephew. Do not set up automatic login for any accounts.

You may have to start in safe mode with command prompt to execute the
command I mentioned.

When all is buttoned down, reexecute the above command prompt command
and change 'yes' to 'no' to disable the real administrator account
until you need it again.

Note that when your accounts have passwords (*especially* the real
Administrator!) your nephew should be unable to get there.

OH - BTW - don't use easy-to-guess passwords...

--
Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Gene

Deleting "mail to:" email address links
I have a relativly straight forward spreadsheet where I am maintaining a large address list. It contains a homeowner's lot number, name, address, telephone #, and e- mail address. When attempting to select random cells for data entry/modification, I receive and automated message " mailto: (a random e-mail address) - click once to follow. Click and hold to select this cell." I have no idea where/how this message/feature/function is being attached to these cells but would like to eliminate it. Since seeing these messages, the size of the worksheet has been increasing in ...

Remote users cannot send e-mail through Outlook
I have a few users who do not work in our office. They have Outlook installed on their home computers and then dial up to the internet and do a send/receive. I have Exchange 2k3 on a Windows 2k server and the users are configured to allow for SMTP/POP3. All was working fine until earlier this week when they informed me that they could no longer "send" mail. They get the message "The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by your mail server. If this problem persists, contact your LAN Administrator or Internet Provider". The users can still receive mail ...

AOL IMAP account
I have set up AOL email account as IMAP type and keep getting pop up in outlook " your IMAP server wants to alert you the following: Can't read attachment for message 6438. this pops up for many times and each time the number is different. new profile same issue. Office Version:Office 2007 Operating System:Windows Vista / Windows 7 - same issue. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently p...

Accounts Payable Unapply should allow Unapply of historical trans.
The Unapply button on the Apply Payables Document is really just an unmark all button. Please rename this button and add the functionality to unapply historical payments, credit memos and returns. I believe this functionality exists for SOP and should be there for AP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and th...

Cannot delete report
Hi All, I have install the report manager sometime ago, it is working fine. Until recently we found that when i click the action menu, nothing is come out. I can't delete or rename the report. But I can add new report. Do anyone encouter this before? Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict ...

Running .prf file when any user opens outlook 2002??
Ok I've created a prf file that specifies a new exchange server. It works when users click on the prf file (which is on a shared network folder). Is there a way to force outlook to run the prf file when outlook is opened? Come kind of command/script? Thanks Outlook 2002 supports the ImportPRF registry value for processing a PRF = file at startup. See = http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011364251033.aspx --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - J...

Categories deleted converting from Quicken
Hi folks, I just converted from Q2003 Premier to the Money 2005 Trial 2 days ago. I noticed today that a number of categories have been removed from the transactions in my checking account and credit card accounts. What I've noticed so far: 1. All sub-accounts for Utilities were gone. This wasn't too bad because I could use find replace since the payee name has been the same on these for all years I have in Quicken/Money. 2. All sub-accounts under Insurance were gone. 3. The category Groceries came over, but there were no transactions in it. Quicken had several hundred...

Retrieving Current User Information from JScript (OnChange)
I am adding functionality to one of my client's OnChange scripts to append the Current User Name into a memo field with date and action information. I scoured the web but can not find a way to properly retrieve the Current User information. Any information would be incredibly appreciated. ...

Creating Contacts For Accounts Using...

Issue with Loan Accounts
Hi Everyone, I have been having this issue for a while - but just now trying to figure out what's happening. I have several loans (including car, equity, etc.) which I have set up on Money 7. Sometimes the interest and principle are calculated correctly - but more often, the entire sum of the payment is allocated to principle (as viewed in the account register). I've check to insure that the loan is set up okay - and it looks okay to me. Any ideas what's happening to me? Any help appreciated. Thanks. Patrick Hi, I was really hoping someone would respond to this. My ...

How many accounts...
I have outlook 2003 I already installed my hotmail account on it but I want to add my son's hotmail account on it and each time I do so, outlook freeze. Is this normal ? How many hotmail account can I add in outlook 2003 ? tia ...

Need to retrieve a deleted Excel File
On Saturday I hide an excel sheet and then protected the workbook. When I got into work today to open the file it was non-existent. What do I have to do to retrieve the file? Does it make a difference if the file extension ended with .csv? Thanks in advance! Search in Windows to make sure it's still on your compute -or go to the folder the file is in and look to make sure it's still ther -or If you didn't do this, you might need to to text, which includes *.cs Excel is not set to open this type of file by defaul tj Did you (try to) open the file with Excel. If so : did ...

Switching Accounts on Download
To Whom Can Help: MS Money 2007 has started downloading account information into the wrong account--it is swapping it with another account. This happened in a previous version of Money and I don't know how to correct it. In the previous version it was with a Banking account--two savings accounts from the same institution. In this incarnation, it is with two investment accounts--mutual fund versus brokerage account--but from the same institution. Anyone have this happen to them...anyone know of a solution? Thanks for your help. Cheers. In microsoft.public.money, golfbum71 wrote: ...

Error trying to make an account default
I have a new computer and my outlook 2003 is not letting me assign a default account to send and receive. I get this error: "The Specicied Account could not be found. It might have been deleted." I have four accounnts setup and have tried removing the accounts and recreating them and still get the error. when the account has been made, it tests fine. None of the four can be made default. Thanks in Advance! ...

'Budget Alerts' in Account Register
Budget Alerts in Account Register I've upgraded to 2006 Deluxe from 2003 Deluxe. In 2003, as I entered transactions in my registers (one Visa and one Bank), if the category I was spending money on went over a budget, I got prompted about it. Along with that prompt when I went over, it also had a little bar graph (similiar to the Spending Tracker you can get on the home page in 2006) for *only* that category. This was nice as it allowed me to see amounts as I entered them..and also *annoyingly* prompted me as I went over budgets...again making me 'think' about the spendin...

Securities with closed positions are being deleted
I am using Money 2006 Deluxe--having upgraded from the 2003 Money Business version. It appears that my closed security positions are being deleted automatically 60 days after selling the last shares. Price history for these securities is also deleted. I believe that in Money 2003 (Business) that I used a setting that is causing this (the results, however, were not my intent). Money 2006 does not appear to have such a setting. How can I stop this from happening now for securities that I will be selling? How can I recover the "lost data" How can I force Money 2006 to pic...

Users cannot login to OWA after Exchange 2K3 was moved into different OU
I created a new OU named member servers, and moved the exchange 2k3 server into it. After I moved it, only the administrator was able to login to OWA successfully. No users could login to OWA. I created a test account with a mailbox, and was able to login to OWA with the newly created test account. I then moved the exchange 2k3 server from the member servers OU into the computers OU, and the newly created account was unable to login to OWA. Any help with this would be appreciated. ...

Backup a users mailbox in Exchange 2003
We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? -- Chuck On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 06:36:02 -0800, chb12 <chb12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a >copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? Exmerge is always a good option. What I normally do is open their mailbox on my outlook, then create a PST (name it the users name). Once the PST is created I copy the contents of their mailbox into the PST. From there you ...

Deleted calendar from Public Folders
Accidentally I deleted Calendar in Public Folders on the Exchange 2000. Is there a way to bring it back? I tried to locate an article in Knowlege Base searching with "Recovering deleted items from a public folder", but the article is gone. On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 21:28:01 -0700, Daniel <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Accidentally I deleted Calendar in Public Folders on the Exchange 2000. Is >there a way to bring it back? >I tried to locate an article in Knowlege Base searching with "Recovering >deleted items from a public folder", but the a...