UNDO BUTTON when composing email

I accidently hit the UNDO button instead of the spell check while composing
an email... I lost several paragraphs of my email, is there anyway to restore
my email to it's orginal content or retrieve my original email?

thank you!

"sweed" <sweed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I accidently hit the UNDO button instead of the spell check while
> composing
> an email... I lost several paragraphs of my email, is there anyway to
> restore
> my email to it's orginal content or retrieve my original email?
>
> thank you!

If it's not in your Draft folder, no.
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

Michael
4/18/2010 8:08:44 PM
On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 12:26:01 -0700, sweed
<sweed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I accidently hit the UNDO button instead of the spell check while composing
>an email... I lost several paragraphs of my email, is there anyway to restore
>my email to it's orginal content or retrieve my original email?
>
>thank you!

Does whatever program you used to write the email have an undo button
?
0
Jim
4/19/2010 2:16:41 PM
interestingly on my setup (windows Live Mail, Windows 7 home premium) 'edit'
has an 'undo ctrl-z' item but not a redo one. 'ctrl Y' (the normal 'redo
shortcut' does work when composing in WLM however.

Michael

"Jim" <bojimbo261@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 12:26:01 -0700, sweed
> <sweed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I accidently hit the UNDO button instead of the spell check while
>>composing
>>an email... I lost several paragraphs of my email, is there anyway to
>>restore
>>my email to it's orginal content or retrieve my original email?
>>
>>thank you!
>
> Does whatever program you used to write the email have an undo button
> ?

0
Michael
4/19/2010 2:24:02 PM
On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 12:26:01 -0700, sweed wrote:

> I accidently hit the UNDO button instead of the spell check while composing
> an email... I lost several paragraphs of my email, is there anyway to restore
> my email to it's orginal content or retrieve my original email?
>
> thank you!

Too little too late, sorry. But in many programs I've used, a second undo
will restore what the first one undid. In others, Redo (Ctrl-Y) restores
the most recent undo.

--
Gene E. Bloch      letters0x40blochg0x2Ecom
0

Retrieving Emails from an archived exchange backup
Retrieving Emails from an archived exchange backup. I have been asking to get emails from a users email box in exchange. This user was a part of the org. about 2yrs ago and is no longer in active directly. Also I need to restore this data in the lab, does anyone have any resources / info on how I should go about doing this? Any help would been good, thank you. On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:28:45 -0400, "Mr. Backup" <backup@yahoo.com> wrote: >Retrieving Emails from an archived exchange backup. > >I have been asking to get emails from a users email box in exchange...

Auto Archived emails lost
My boss has auto archiving set up on his laptop. He recently went into the archive folders to pull out some data that was there a week prior and discovered all of the folders were there but no emails remained. We are using Outlook 2003 and recently switched our email from one server to another. Could we have lost the actual emails in the move? Is there anyway to recover them? Any insight appreciated. Unless you kept your .pst files on a server, they are local and should not disappear irrespective of what server moves happened. Ensure that the archive.pst file is the only one. If yes,...

email hosting
I had exchange 2003, and wanted to set up email hosting. Any help or suggestion greatly appreciated microsoft.com has extensive documentation check www.microsoft.com/isp and http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/solutions/hostedmessagingexchange.mspx Also check response to earlier post ("Setting up a small exchange server for several businesses") earlier today. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Song Tan" <Song Tan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2177C7D9-0126-49C4-B686-D7688A610F25@microsoft.com... >I had excha...

Outgoing Email Server
In outlook, is it possible to send all messages from one server? It appears that currently the mail is sent using the server for the adress to which the original message was sent. micah356 wrote: > In outlook, is it possible to send all messages from one server? It > appears that currently the mail is sent using the server for the > adress to which the original message was sent. Why not set the SMTP server for all your e-mail accounts identically - use the same server for all of them? ...

email duplicating
Hi Pals, In the personal folders that i've created for my friends boss etc, every mail that i receive gets duplicated multiple times. can anyone suggest a way out plz... Nikhil Deodikar wrote: > Hi Pals, > In the personal folders that i've created for my friends boss etc, every > mail that i receive gets duplicated multiple times. can anyone suggest a way > out plz... What does "my friends boss etc" actually mean? You indicate that you did something for a "friend" or your "friend's boss" or someone else yet then you c...

URL within email
I wish to be able to send an e mail with an active URL so that when the recipient recieves e mail they are taken to the web address once it is clicked. Currently I get an error message unable to open Http://*****.co.uk cannot locate internet sever. Helpfull information appreciated ...

Emailing Tracking Numbers
I have integrated a website with RMS. When orders come in, I make them a workorder and send a PO to the distributor that will ship the product. At the end of the day, the distrbutor sends me the tracking number. When I bring up the customers order and enter the tracking number, I then complete the transcation, then press Shift/Control/F8 to mark the order processed. Does this send the tracking number to the customer? If not, how can I do that with out going to Outlook and physically doing so? Bill, RMS does not send one. Sounds like a good idea though. Maybe add it to the sugge...

Display full email address in addition to Nickname
People I don't know send me emails using their nickname "John", etc. I'd like to have be able to see their full email address displayed in my INBOX instead of just their nickname, so I know which emails to delete without opening or having to press options and the email address of the sender. If I add the column "email" nothing happens. Is there a way to do this? ...

How Do I "Undo" Exclude from Budget?
I excluded a number of items from my budget in Money 2007. I now want to add those exluded items back into my budget. However, I don't seem to be able to figure out how to do this. Any help or suggestions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for any help!! Are you using Advanced Budget, Essential Budget, or Savings & Spending Budget? (Sorry, it used to be easier before Microsoft balkanized all the features.) Have you tried clicking on the Budget entry on the third menu line from the top? Is there a choice there--it's on the left for Advanced ...

Forwarding incoming messages to an external email account
My company has recently undergone a split. There are 4 individuals that have left and will be receiving email under another domain name. I need to set their email accounts to automatically forward any received emails to their other address. As I can only forward to someone in the active directory how can I accomplish this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. eli silverman wrote: > My company has recently undergone a split. There are 4 individuals > that have left and will be receiving email under another domain name. > I need to set their email accounts to automatically forwa...

problems sending email with crm 1.2
Anybody please help me, i installed the MS CRM 1.2 like 2 months ago, it was working just fine, today my boss wanted to send an email with crm and the following message appear "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system administrator.",every user when is trying to send an email the same message appear even with the administrator account. WHAT TO DO PLEASE HELP Did you install the CRM Exchange E-Mail router? "Nepdy" wrote: > Anybody please help me, i installed the MS CRM 1.2 like 2 months ago, it was > working just fine, today my boss wan...

Resizing Option Button?
Hello Friends, I have asked a Question in mrexcel.com. But, the reply was it is not possible. Please check the below link and tell me is doable. http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewt...7747&highlight= Thanks, Nawaf -- countryfan_nt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ countryfan_nt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11051 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482535 No you can't, at least not the actual button part. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if ...

can not receive emails with web links attached
Could someone tell me how to change controls to allow for emails with website links attached to come through? I can not receive emails with website links attached. ...

Outlook sends email to isp but no longer receives email.
Outlook 2000 SP3 has been working just fine on a WinXP SP2 system. Now it sends ok, but times out when trying to receive. All the settings are the same as they have been. Outlook 2000 email works fine with an older Win98 system using the same settings, so its not the server. The symptoms are strange. If there are no messages in the mailbox, the delivering window flashes on and off like it should. However, if there are messages delivering comes on and Trend PCcillin Internet Security comes on and says it is scanning incoming mail, but an Outlook error message comes up saying that some mes...

see chart from pushing button
how would I see a chart from pushing a button on the spreedsheet ? ...

email charts
I have an excel workbook file containing many department sales charts that recieve data from a group of central data entry spreadsheets. Each department chart resides on its own sheet. Is there a way to email individual chart sheets (or snapshots of the chart sheet) to the respective departments without sending the entire parent file to all recipients? Thanks, Mnaut You could export the chart as a gif file, then email that file to the department. The following code creates a gif file from the active chart: '============================ Sub ExportChartGIF() ActiveChart.Export Filenam...

Button Control Event: question
I have a small dialog that prints data it queries from a server to a listbox when a user presses a start button. What I'd like to do is to have the data continually print after the button is pressed until the user presses a stop button. So, I guess I would need to initiate some kind of continuous loop for the data querying/printing, but I'm unsure how to get the stop button to break the loop. If this even the best solution. Does anyone have any ideas of how I could accomplish this, or perhaps a better design idea? Thanks, Marcus Marcus wrote: > I have a small dialog that prints d...

Monitoring Received and Sent Emails
As the owner of my company, I would like to have my IT Dpt monitor some people's emails (Received and Sent) to make sure that my customers who send in inquiry or questions are answered immediately. Before put in this request and without sounding stupid, I wanted to check if there is someone who knows if this can be done and how it can be accomplished without the knowledge of the people being monitored.Thanks in advance for your assistance. There is an option in exchange 2000 as well as 2003 to archive all emails sent and recieved by a storage group, this archive will be sent to a sep...

Exch55 incoming email filterint
Hi, What are the most effective way to perform the following filtering on a Exch55 + IMS ? I have already enabled to deny unathorised relaying. 1) specify a list of words appear in subject or message body that will be blocked 2) block possible spams 3) block invalid domain name TIA Steven On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:31:05 +1000, "Steven Wong" <sazabi75@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >What are the most effective way to perform the following filtering on a >Exch55 + IMS ? >I have already enabled to deny unathorised relaying. > >1) specify a list of words appea...

Can I Export Emails ?
Hello, Is there anyway to Export emails and use them on another computer?? or is the easiest way to just forward them via email? Doesn't seem right...I must be missing something.. Any info would be helpful.. thx Mike just copy your pst and import that on the other machine. <mkalavitz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3ff101c3aac0$69e6c500$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is there anyway to Export emails and use them on another > computer?? or is the easiest way to just forward them via > email? Doesn't seem right...I must be missing something.. > Any i...

Using outlook for email and outlook express for newsgroups
Hi I had outlook set up for my email messages and outlook express set up for reading newsgroups - now when I go to the newsgroups oe is automatically checking for email messages and downloading them - this never happened before and I think the only thing different is that I have installed a broadband modem and am waiting on freeserve activating my account - could something have happened to change this, and if so how do I change it back. Thanks Sharon "Sharon" <sharon@nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:c80adp$dva$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk... > Hi > > I ha...

very simple and useful, email password recovery tool
Outlook Password Recovery is a easy-to-use and wide compatiable tool, capable of instantly recovering email passwords for popular email clients, such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Incredimail, Eudora, etc. http://www.top-password.com/outlook-password-recovery.html -- johneou johneou wrote: > Outlook Password Recovery is a easy-to-use and wide compatiable tool, > capable of instantly recovering email passwords for popular email > clients, such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Incredimail, > Eudora, etc. > > http://www.top-password.com/outlook-pa...

Multiple Email Accounts in Windows Live Mail
I added a yahoo.com email address within Windows Live Mail and decided against it. I removed it from the Live Mail properties but yahoo emails continue to post within Live Mail desktop. I've checked the obvious settings but can't find anything to change to make this stop. I want to totally remove yahoo.com email from Windows Live and access yahoo emails from the Internet. Do you by chance have a Hotmail account and in the account on the web site told it fetch mail from Yahoo? Hotmail website: Options, More Options,. Send and receive mail from other e-mail account...

How do i give each email account i set up its own inbox etc?
i can create different accounts but when i send/recieve all the mail from different accouts goes to the same inbox...not good... About the best you can do is create an inbox rule that moves messages based on the account it was received with. "joejnknsn" <joejnknsn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E487FD01-2110-4BEC-930B-10590F05E885@microsoft.com... >i can create different accounts but when i send/recieve all the mail from > different accouts goes to the same inbox...not good... ...

The opertion failed. An object could not be found
Hello, Outlook 2003, XPSP2 When I click on an email link (on a web page for example) I get the above mentioned error message and nothing happens. Could this have happened after importing saved settings from the same machine (after a reformat/reinstall)? After doing this, I had an error where outlook was looking for Outlookmail.FQDN.com-00000012.pst (could not be found). I don't use PST files, but rather an connected to Exchange - even though I have 2 POP3 accounts configured in Outlook. This happens on 2 machines on which I have imported settings. No other user on these machin...