time & date settings

The time and dateeetings keep reverting to 2007, and incorrect time.
I reset it, and it stays that way until I shutdown. On reboot the time and
date revert to the incorrect values.
Any suggestions as to why this happens? Is there a way to keep the clock
and/or date correct?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

0
marshall

Your computer's CMOS battery has run out of power and needs to be replaced.
It means taking the computer apart, locating the battery (usually a CR2032
lithium battery) and replace..

--
Thomas Wendell
Helsinki, Finland

"marshall" <marshall1931@optusnet.com.au> kirjoitti
viestiss´┐Ż:OSzQMeYRLHA.5172@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> The time and dateeetings keep reverting to 2007, and incorrect time.
> I reset it, and it stays that way until I shutdown. On reboot the time and
> date revert to the incorrect values.
> Any suggestions as to why this happens? Is there a way to keep the clock
> and/or date correct?

Thomas
8/27/2010 1:55:32 AM
If all your BIOS settings revert to defaults, the motherboard battery
(usually a CR2032) has run down and needs to be replaced.

If only the time reverts, the clock chip on the motherboard has failed
and you need a new motherboard unless you are prepared to reset the time
each time you boot.

On 27/08/2010 02:32, marshall wrote:
> The time and dateeetings keep reverting to 2007, and incorrect time.
> I reset it, and it stays that way until I shutdown. On reboot the time
> and date revert to the incorrect values.
> Any suggestions as to why this happens? Is there a way to keep the clock
> and/or date correct?
Dominic
8/27/2010 6:12:38 AM
Replace battery used as backup for BIOS chip, specifically CMOS part of
BIOS.
If you don't know what it means, give the computer to someone, it takes
minutes (or an hour if you don't know location right off your head), battery
costs a few dollars or less.

P.S. Battery death happens very rarely b/c modern computers get replaced
faster than battery ends its life, you must've been kept this computer for a
long time or poor chip design  or low-quality battery.  In many desktops it
is even recharged when plugged intio ACpower, so rarely dies, yours is dead
I guarantee it.
Replace it.

DISPOSE OF BATTERIES PROPERLY - IT'S TOXIC, accumulate them & drop off at
designated recycling locations.

Stan Starinski

0
Stan
8/27/2010 4:12:14 PM
You know how to tell someone about their computer battery, yet you have no
clue how to correctly set your clock.  I suggest calling tech support and
they can walk you through the process.  I know setting your clock is a big
challenge for you, but with help, even you can do it.

"Stan Starinski" <China@stealsUSJobsPatentsSoftwareMusicVideo.edu> wrote in
message news:OV#pKJgRLHA.4996@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Replace battery used as backup for BIOS chip, specifically CMOS part of
> BIOS.
> If you don't know what it means, give the computer to someone, it takes
> minutes (or an hour if you don't know location right off your head),
> battery costs a few dollars or less.
>
> P.S. Battery death happens very rarely b/c modern computers get replaced
> faster than battery ends its life, you must've been kept this computer for
> a long time or poor chip design  or low-quality battery.  In many desktops
> it is even recharged when plugged intio ACpower, so rarely dies, yours is
> dead I guarantee it.
> Replace it.
>
> DISPOSE OF BATTERIES PROPERLY - IT'S TOXIC, accumulate them & drop off at
> designated recycling locations.
>
> Stan Starinski

0
Colon
8/27/2010 4:56:53 PM
William,

Life is short.
Stop worrying about someone's CLOCK, if that someone is telling you his
clock is correct and he has an Master's degree & has done PhD work, an dso
on, and on, why do you keep reminding that SMART person how to setupo clock
when it is clearly an ISP issue?
Internet provider is not transmitting Time correctly, MAYBE.
Or you imagining something.

His clock is correct.
Give it a rest.

0
Ibrahim
8/27/2010 6:07:10 PM
On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 14:03:27 -0500, Ibrahim Al-Qassam (Abdelaziz) wrote:

> William,
>
> Life is short.
> Stop worrying about someone's CLOCK, if that someone is telling you his
> clock is correct and he has an Master's degree & has done PhD work, an dso
> on, and on, why do you keep reminding that SMART person how to setupo clock
> when it is clearly an ISP issue?
> Internet provider is not transmitting Time correctly, MAYBE.
> Or you imagining something.
>
> His clock is correct.
> Give it a rest.

Are you people taking proper account of relativistic effects?

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
0

"Ibrahim Al-Qassam (Abdelaziz)" <IranWillRuleWorld@alibaba.ir> wrote in
message news:i58ukd$3lj$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> William,
>
> Life is short.
> Stop worrying about someone's CLOCK, if that someone is telling you his
> clock is correct and he has an Master's degree & has done PhD work, an dso
> on, and on, why do you keep reminding that SMART person how to setupo
> clock when it is clearly an ISP issue?
> Internet provider is not transmitting Time correctly, MAYBE.
> Or you imagining something.
>
> His clock is correct.
> Give it a rest.

Stan:

You CLAIM to have a Master's degree and done PhD work and you can't figure
out how to fix your clock?  No wonder you are out of work.  You have now
clue how to spell or even use spell check.  Maybe you are incompetent and
have a mental illness.

In that case, donate your computer to charity and go outside.

0
Colon
8/27/2010 7:23:15 PM
"marshall" <marshall1931@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> The time and dateeetings keep reverting to 2007, and incorrect time.
> I reset it, and it stays that way until I shutdown. On reboot the time and
> date revert to the incorrect values.
> Any suggestions as to why this happens? Is there a way to keep the clock
> and/or date correct?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

usually this is because of a faulty battery that stores your cmos. try
having a new battery instaloled on the motherboard. the battery's voltage
must be correct for your motherboard, it can be done by the user, but a
computer store could easily change it.

0
Dianna
8/28/2010 3:15:57 AM
The standard answer would be that the CMOS battery has failed.  But there
are other possibilities.

So, how old is the machine?  And did it ever work correctly?

    - Bill

"marshall" <marshall1931@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> The time and dateeetings keep reverting to 2007, and incorrect time.
> I reset it, and it stays that way until I shutdown. On reboot the time and
> date revert to the incorrect values.
> Any suggestions as to why this happens? Is there a way to keep the clock
> and/or date correct?

Bill
8/28/2010 6:42:08 PM
Thanks for the info. However, I discovered that it was one program,
aivreminder,  that caused the clock to revert to 2007. Since uninstalling
it, the clock has been fine.
"marshall" <marshall1931@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> The time and dateeetings keep reverting to 2007, and incorrect time.
> I reset it, and it stays that way until I shutdown. On reboot the time and
> date revert to the incorrect values.
> Any suggestions as to why this happens? Is there a way to keep the clock
> and/or date correct?

marshall

Time Entry
A simple problem I would appreciate your help with. I have a work sheet with several cells where time is to be entered in the format hh:mm. Unfortunately a lot of users are enetering it in the format hh.mm. Is there any way I can automatically convert to the right format, or not accept the (.) but only (:). Thanks for your help. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If InStr(1, Target.Text, ":", vbTextCompare) < 1 Then MsgBox "invalid entry" End If End Sub Enter the above code in the sheets module Mangesh -- mangesh_yadav -------------------...

how to set a 90 day reminder
need to set a 90 day reminder if such a thing is possable I use Tasks. Calendar items work, too. Each have a reminder setting you can have apply a certain period of time before a deadline, such as whatever you need reminding for 90 days from now. "John H" <John H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B6C52D1-8F3E-4DBB-9B93-C0B2869BFE09@microsoft.com... > need to set a 90 day reminder if such a thing is possable type 90d in the reminder field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Wi...

Outlook showing wrong time zone
My Outlook 2002 is showing PST time instead of the correct time which is EST. How do I change it? Thanks Robin Tools->Options->Preferences->Calendar Options. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Robin asked: | My Outlook 2002 is showing PST time instead of the correct time which | is EST. How do I change it? | Thanks | Robin Thank you :) "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <millys@dontevent...

Calculating Dates and Hours
Hi there, I'm trying to calculation days and hours. For example cell A1 22.12.03 09:00 AM cell B1 24.12.03 04.00 PM cell C1 the result for example 2 days and 14 hours or an other format. Can anybody help me??? Regards, Tom Hi one way: - Enter the formula: =B1-A1 - format Ce with the custome format [hh]:mm and you get the total hours Another way: - enter the formula: =INT(B1-A1)-(B1<A1) & " days and " & (B1-A1)-INT(B1-A1)+(B1<A1) & " hours" Though this output can't be used directly in other calculations -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Ge...

Adding 3 years from a date entered in a field
Is it possible to enter a date in one field and have it auto calculated 3 years in the future and added into a different field? Thank you Charlie It can be done, but it shouldn't be. Instead, create a query, and put a calculated field in that query that does the calculation. Use the DateAdd function: DateAdd("yyyy", 3, [NameOfDateField]) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "pompeyboyUSA" <pompeyboyUSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:521D8E47-E4FD-4934-94E1-182FA11F18A0@microsoft.c...

chart only weekdays when data set includes weekends?
I've got a simple table of data: A B date1 val1 date2 val2 .... dateN valN I have several hundred data points, including weekends, but I would only like to chart the weekdays. Is there a straightforward way to do this? Regards, George Coulouris Jon Peltier has instructions for conditional charts that you could adapt to your workbook: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart For example, with dates in column A, use the Weekday function to return dates for Monday to Friday. =IF(WEEKDAY($A2,2)>=6,NA(),A2) george.coulouris@gmail.com wrote: &...

Server Error when trying to access System Settings
When I click System Settings under "Organization Settings" in MS CRM 3.0, I get the following response: --- Error An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator. The Debug screen shows: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about th...

Total by certain time period
I have three fields in a table, and want to determine the total of the occurrences by a certain time period. The data I have looks like this. FGC RDate Occurrences 81 2009/01 1 81 2009/02 1 81 2009/03 1 81 2009/04 1 81 2009/05 5 81 2009/06 84 81 2009/07 1 81 2009/08 6 81 2009/09 3 81 2009/10 1 81 2009/11 5 And I want it to look like this FGC 81 Less Than 3 Months 9 3 Or More Months 91 6 Or More Months 7 9 Or More Months 2 12 Or More M...

Difference between 2 dates
Hi Everyone, I wonder if someone can help me please. I have an SQL query in Access 2000 that works out the number of days between 2 given dates, for example the difference between Feb 15th & Feb 19th is 4 days. However this includes the Saturday & sunday. What i'd really like to achieve is to have the query return just the number of weekdays elapsed rather than days in general. If it's of any help both the start date and end date will always be a week day. Thanks very much in advance David. If you ignore holidays................ Subject: Computing working days ...

Querry run time display
I am New to VBA i have this querry below which works fine how can i add the start time and end time and then show how much time it too to run? thanks Public Function RunTableToInsert() As Boolean Dim db As DAO.Database Dim qdDelete As DAO.QueryDef Dim qdInsert As DAO.QueryDef 'Dim pStatus As DAO.Parameter Set db = CurrentDb Set qdDelete = db.QueryDefs("qdelShipToMaster") Set qdInsert = db.QueryDefs("qappShipToMaster") 'Set pStatus = qdInsert.Parameters("status") 'pStatus.Value = strStatus ...

Billable Time subtracted from Contract Line
Using CRM 3.0 I have been setting up Contacts & Contract Lines, and when opening the contract line it indeed decreases the time allotment (if the contract is time based), based on cases files against it.. When we try to resolve a case and insufficient time is left, it will ask me whether I want to still save, it... but then it will give me a system error and prevent me from saving if indeed the Billable time exceeds the balance on the contract line. Any ideas, anyone had same problem? -- Juan Fidalgo Sr. Bus. Analyst SCI ...

Text to Date Conversion
I am building an ACCESS form (Access 2003) that I imported an Excel table to build from. The form has a set of option buttons, that if selected, enter N/A into 4 text boxes. However, if the option buttons are not selected, the text boxes contain dates. The dates are selected from the Access Active Control calendar. Because the fields are either N/A (text) or a date, the Field Data Type on my table is text. If I change the Field Data Type from text to date - the N/A's disappear. Is there a Field Data Type that will accept both formats in one? If not, how do i convert the tex...

Planning Lead time-Item Vendors Maintenance window
Previously used manufacturing and MRP in v9 and the Planning Lead time on the Item Vendors Maintenance window (bottom left corner), we used to enter 7 for the number of days in 1 week. MRP then suggested to place PO's using these 7 days as one week. Now when we enter 35 for example ( V9 calculated 5 weeks for placing the PO) Now since V10 it looks like it is calculating 7 weeks lead time (35 days divided by 5 days) Did something change with V10 on this field and how MRP uses it with the Request Resolution window? thanks! -- Doug The system now looks at calendars and can conside...

how do i set up paypal to my web site
hi i am using publisher 2003, i have put the web site together but i would like some help in adding a payment to my site i.e paypal. many thanks for your help in advance. You will use the Insert HTML code fragment tool to insert the code provided by PayPal as per their documentation. Here is a Publisher built site that uses PayPal as an example: http://www.makingsenseofeducation.co.uk/index.htm Please post any follow up questions to the web design group, and we will try to help you there: microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign DavidF "starrie" <starrie@discussions.microsof...

simple date and time functions
Hello. I am trying to compare the difference between two dates and times based on a 24 hour structure, including the NETWORKDAYS function. We work on a 48 hour turn around. Document comes in at 10:00 on 12-06-2005 and out 12:00 12-08-2005 then "no" else "yes". Specific formatting for dates and times seem to be an issue in NETWORKDAYS where I get the correct date calculation, but when I enter in the holidays, it returns a VALUE#. I have used mm-dd-yyyy. Thanks in advance for your help. How about =IF(networkdays(A20,A21)-(MOD(A20,1)-MOD(A21,1))>=2,"yes",&q...

Date Format Goofiness
Just loaded Money 2004 Deluxe and imported my checking register from Money 2001 Standard. Everything came across fine but the date format changed to day-month-year from month-day-year or as an example what was 12 31 03 is now 31 12 03. I'd like to change the format back to American standards. Any ideas? I can't find any date format change options within Money and my Win XP (Home) settings are already correct. ...

Is it able to recieve email during the maintanance time?
When setup exchange server, it asks to configure the maintanance time every day. Since we have users globally, they will possiblly connect to the server during that maintanance time. So wondering whether they can recieve email at that time? If unable, what can I do to provide a constant mail service. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. Sam On 14 Sep 2006 07:56:05 -0700, "Sam" <sam.liyan@gmail.com> wrote: >When setup exchange server, it asks to configure the maintanance time >every day. Since we have users globally, they will possiblly connect to >the server dur...

Credit Memo Incorrect Dates
Ok, I would like followup advice as well as want to pass along what I found. Someone mistyped the date when processing some Credit Memos. They put the wrong year. The accounting department had them reenter because they were posted with the future date, they could not void the incorrectly dated transactions. I found that Credit Memo information is stored in PM20000 and PM00400. Fields DOCDATE (both) and Tax_Date (PM20000). After adjusting those dates, they were able to void the transactions and the accounts balanced. Anything else needed to correct? Yes, your GL. Look for the transacti...

What is the max limit exchange 2003 can send at 1 time?
I seem to be getting cut off at 200 messages through my gfifaxmaker program and I was wondering where I could go to find this setting and change it to a higher limit. microsoft wrote: > I seem to be getting cut off at 200 messages through my gfifaxmaker program > and I was wondering where I could go to find this setting and change it to a > higher limit. That sounds to me like a good thing. --JM Well its not a good thing, I use to be able to send out 2000 faxes from exchange 5.5 and now my distribution list has to be cut into 10 groups instead of having them in one. I ju...

All Times in GMT
I recently switched from POP3 to IMAP handling of my e-mail, and now al incoming mail is marked with GMT time. (I'm in California and normall GMT +8). Apart from being strange, it screws up mail sorting becaus new incoming messages are placed halfway down my Inbox below messages received 7 hours ago. Also, when I "touch" a new incoming e-mail (click once on it withou opening it) the time changes to local time. What's up with that? My ISP swears it's not their problem. It must be some option or settin lurking within Outlook 2002. When I was using Outlook in POP3 mode ...

Passwords work only when issued from the GP instance they're set f
Database is: "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.4035.00 (X64) on Windows 2008 Build 6002: Service Pack 2 64-bit. Dynamics is deployed via Terminal Services on a Windows 2003 SP2 32-bit server. Dynamics was installed on both servers using the base v10 CDs and then upgraded to the lates pre SP4 hotfix 10.00.1328 (KB971014) on both servers. Now the weird part. I can log in as 'sa' on both servers no problem. However, if I login to Dynamics on the TS as 'sa' and reset my password, I can log into the TS with my username & password but can't login from GP on the...

Disable Auto date
How to disable Auto date (The balue that gets updated to today's date ). I want to preserve the last opened date on the sheet. Thank you. How do you put the date there? If you type it, you could type the date (or hit the ctrl-semicolon shortcut combo). HItesh Zinzuwadia wrote: > > How to disable Auto date (The balue that gets updated to > today's date ). I want to preserve the last opened date on > the sheet. > Thank you. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Time format #3
I have a cell which is formatted to time as hh:mm Now, the user has to type the time in the above format, hh:mm as above. Is it possible for me to allow the user to simply type in the time as hhmm and then for the spreadsheet to automatically format it to hh:mm. So for example, 08:30. I would like the user to be able to type in either 08:30 or 0830 and for the spreadsheet to recognise both entries and format it to 08:30. Any ideaS? Neil Not without using VBA See Chip Pearson's site for code. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 27 N...

How to make Excel treat the dates AS DATES which are taken from a Web Page ?
Hi guyz, i have a web page which has a column in which dates are given in the following format dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss which is a perfectly acceptable format for excel, then i opened this web page through excel so as to parse the data into different columns, but when i proceeded to perform some operations like month() weeknum() etc on the date column, excel returned errors of !value, ie excel is still treating that perfect date column as text, and no.... changing the format of the cells didnt help, so people plz advise as to how to make excel treat that column as a proper date column so as to allow...

outlook test account settings error: POP3
I receive an Outlook 2002 error message regarding my account (POP3)even though I am using the same successful settings as in Outlook Express. The error message is The POP3 e-mail account you created does not support Secure Password Authentication (SPA). 1. The account used does work with SPA. I have used it successfully on other computers and on the same computer using Outlook Express. 2. The connection is through AT&T WorldNet and the operating system is Windows XP. 3. The account is an administrator account. 4. The server I am attempting to connect with is a Exchange 5...