time & date settings

The time and dateeetings keep reverting to 2007, and incorrect time.
I reset it, and it stays that way until I shutdown. On reboot the time and
date revert to the incorrect values.
Any suggestions as to why this happens? Is there a way to keep the clock
and/or date correct?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

0
marshall

Your computer's CMOS battery has run out of power and needs to be replaced.
It means taking the computer apart, locating the battery (usually a CR2032
lithium battery) and replace..

--
Thomas Wendell
Helsinki, Finland

"marshall" <marshall1931@optusnet.com.au> kirjoitti
viestiss�:OSzQMeYRLHA.5172@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> The time and dateeetings keep reverting to 2007, and incorrect time.
> I reset it, and it stays that way until I shutdown. On reboot the time and
> date revert to the incorrect values.
> Any suggestions as to why this happens? Is there a way to keep the clock
> and/or date correct?

Thomas
8/27/2010 1:55:32 AM
If all your BIOS settings revert to defaults, the motherboard battery
(usually a CR2032) has run down and needs to be replaced.

If only the time reverts, the clock chip on the motherboard has failed
and you need a new motherboard unless you are prepared to reset the time
each time you boot.

On 27/08/2010 02:32, marshall wrote:
> The time and dateeetings keep reverting to 2007, and incorrect time.
> I reset it, and it stays that way until I shutdown. On reboot the time
> and date revert to the incorrect values.
> Any suggestions as to why this happens? Is there a way to keep the clock
> and/or date correct?
Dominic
8/27/2010 6:12:38 AM
Replace battery used as backup for BIOS chip, specifically CMOS part of
BIOS.
If you don't know what it means, give the computer to someone, it takes
minutes (or an hour if you don't know location right off your head), battery
costs a few dollars or less.

P.S. Battery death happens very rarely b/c modern computers get replaced
faster than battery ends its life, you must've been kept this computer for a
long time or poor chip design  or low-quality battery.  In many desktops it
is even recharged when plugged intio ACpower, so rarely dies, yours is dead
I guarantee it.
Replace it.

DISPOSE OF BATTERIES PROPERLY - IT'S TOXIC, accumulate them & drop off at
designated recycling locations.

Stan Starinski

0
Stan
8/27/2010 4:12:14 PM
You know how to tell someone about their computer battery, yet you have no
clue how to correctly set your clock.  I suggest calling tech support and
they can walk you through the process.  I know setting your clock is a big
challenge for you, but with help, even you can do it.

"Stan Starinski" <China@stealsUSJobsPatentsSoftwareMusicVideo.edu> wrote in
message news:OV#pKJgRLHA.4996@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Replace battery used as backup for BIOS chip, specifically CMOS part of
> BIOS.
> If you don't know what it means, give the computer to someone, it takes
> minutes (or an hour if you don't know location right off your head),
> battery costs a few dollars or less.
>
> P.S. Battery death happens very rarely b/c modern computers get replaced
> faster than battery ends its life, you must've been kept this computer for
> a long time or poor chip design  or low-quality battery.  In many desktops
> it is even recharged when plugged intio ACpower, so rarely dies, yours is
> dead I guarantee it.
> Replace it.
>
> DISPOSE OF BATTERIES PROPERLY - IT'S TOXIC, accumulate them & drop off at
> designated recycling locations.
>
> Stan Starinski

0
Colon
8/27/2010 4:56:53 PM
William,

Life is short.
Stop worrying about someone's CLOCK, if that someone is telling you his
clock is correct and he has an Master's degree & has done PhD work, an dso
on, and on, why do you keep reminding that SMART person how to setupo clock
when it is clearly an ISP issue?
Internet provider is not transmitting Time correctly, MAYBE.
Or you imagining something.

His clock is correct.
Give it a rest.

0
Ibrahim
8/27/2010 6:07:10 PM
On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 14:03:27 -0500, Ibrahim Al-Qassam (Abdelaziz) wrote:

> William,
>
> Life is short.
> Stop worrying about someone's CLOCK, if that someone is telling you his
> clock is correct and he has an Master's degree & has done PhD work, an dso
> on, and on, why do you keep reminding that SMART person how to setupo clock
> when it is clearly an ISP issue?
> Internet provider is not transmitting Time correctly, MAYBE.
> Or you imagining something.
>
> His clock is correct.
> Give it a rest.

Are you people taking proper account of relativistic effects?

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
0

"Ibrahim Al-Qassam (Abdelaziz)" <IranWillRuleWorld@alibaba.ir> wrote in
message news:i58ukd$3lj$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> William,
>
> Life is short.
> Stop worrying about someone's CLOCK, if that someone is telling you his
> clock is correct and he has an Master's degree & has done PhD work, an dso
> on, and on, why do you keep reminding that SMART person how to setupo
> clock when it is clearly an ISP issue?
> Internet provider is not transmitting Time correctly, MAYBE.
> Or you imagining something.
>
> His clock is correct.
> Give it a rest.

Stan:

You CLAIM to have a Master's degree and done PhD work and you can't figure
out how to fix your clock?  No wonder you are out of work.  You have now
clue how to spell or even use spell check.  Maybe you are incompetent and
have a mental illness.

In that case, donate your computer to charity and go outside.

0
Colon
8/27/2010 7:23:15 PM
"marshall" <marshall1931@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> The time and dateeetings keep reverting to 2007, and incorrect time.
> I reset it, and it stays that way until I shutdown. On reboot the time and
> date revert to the incorrect values.
> Any suggestions as to why this happens? Is there a way to keep the clock
> and/or date correct?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

usually this is because of a faulty battery that stores your cmos. try
having a new battery instaloled on the motherboard. the battery's voltage
must be correct for your motherboard, it can be done by the user, but a
computer store could easily change it.

0
Dianna
8/28/2010 3:15:57 AM
The standard answer would be that the CMOS battery has failed.  But there
are other possibilities.

So, how old is the machine?  And did it ever work correctly?

    - Bill

"marshall" <marshall1931@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> The time and dateeetings keep reverting to 2007, and incorrect time.
> I reset it, and it stays that way until I shutdown. On reboot the time and
> date revert to the incorrect values.
> Any suggestions as to why this happens? Is there a way to keep the clock
> and/or date correct?

Bill
8/28/2010 6:42:08 PM
Thanks for the info. However, I discovered that it was one program,
aivreminder,  that caused the clock to revert to 2007. Since uninstalling
it, the clock has been fine.
"marshall" <marshall1931@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> The time and dateeetings keep reverting to 2007, and incorrect time.
> I reset it, and it stays that way until I shutdown. On reboot the time and
> date revert to the incorrect values.
> Any suggestions as to why this happens? Is there a way to keep the clock
> and/or date correct?

marshall

Daylight Savings Time Changes
Hello, Does anyone know if the patch for Exchnage 2003 identified in KB926666 has to also be applied to every server that is running the Exchange Tools (System Manager)? Thanks in advance K On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:24:03 -0800, Kerry <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Does anyone know if the patch for Exchnage 2003 identified in KB926666 has >to also be applied to every server that is running the Exchange Tools (System >Manager)? > >Thanks in advance >K Im all for consistency. If the patch isnt needed, it shouldnt install, so I would at ...

Underlying Connection was Closed when opening System Settings
I've seen a couple of threads on "Underlying Connection was Closed" when opening System Settings. I just found a solution not mentioned in those posts and thought I would add to the knowledge base. System Settings requires a connection to Microsoft SQL Reporting Server (SRS). If your SRS server is down or offline the above error will be displayed. Zack Jones Chief Architect Q1 Technology ...

Try Catch to Pinpoint Set-Based Error?
SQL 2008. I have a fairly simple Merge statement with this: When Not Matched Then Insert Values ( ... long column list ... cast( crazyCol1 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) , cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) ) The insert source is about 50,000 rows. One of the rows is failing the cast (original source is varchar(36). I would like to implement a try/catch block around this somehow so I can catch the offending row. How can I do that? Thanks. SnapDive (...

Date on Template
I created some templates and am choosing to bring over a date to be shown in the template when it is run. I have selected this attribute to be date only and not date & time. Every time I run the template it still shows date+time+time zone. Is there a way to show only the date and not the rest of the data. Thanks for any help anyone can provide. ...

International Range style settings
Hi there, I am using Excel 2007, the Ducth version. I have created a workbook with macros, partly recorded. In one of the I am using some code like With ActiveCell If .Value < gdblNormValue Then .Style = "Ongeldig" End If End With In the English version it shoul be With ActiveCell If .Value < gdblNormValue Then .Style = "Bad" End If End With Is there a constant I can ue instead of the text "Bad"? Thanks Wouter Styles have both Name and Local name properties, so I *think* the English name should work ...

Outlook 2003 changing global auto archive settings?
Outlook offers to Run Auto Archive every days. It allows you to run it more frequently, but I would like to run it less frequently. In other words, I would like to run it every 120 days and then archive the bottom four months. It doesn't seem that you can change the auto archive setting above 60 days. Is there a way to do this? I have the box checked to ask me before auto archiving - but if I say no, will it continue to ask? Or, will it never ask again? Essentially I would like to archive every 4 months and not more frequently - and I would like to archive my inbox and my se...

Calculate Dates with If Then Else Statements
I need to calculate total years’ full time experience (i.e. 2.5 years, 3.25 years, etc.) in an Access 2003 database form. This is what I am trying to do: If the Full-Time End Date is Blank, use Today's Date, ELSE if the Full-Time End Date has a Date, use that Date. Separately, these two formulas work: =DateDiff("m",[FullTimeStartDate],Now())/12 =DateDiff("m",[FullTimeStartDate],[FullTimeEndDate])/12 My problem is writing a statement to calculate using the END DATE if one is entered, or NOW, if there is no end date. I have tried many combinations, but can’t ge...

Single set of folders in Navigation Pane?
In Outlook 2007, I have Exchange Server and 2 POP accounts. I would like all of the messages from all of the accounts to display in the navigation pane in the same folders and follow the same rules and alerts. Currently I have Mailbox fro exchange and Personal folders for the 2 POP accounts. Can someone help me out with this? Thanks! You can set your delivery location for each account in; Tools-> Account Settings...-> tab Email You'll have to decide if you want the default location to be a pst-file or the Exchange mailbox. If you choose for a pst-file, all the d...

Outlook locks up all the time
This is a shot in the dark. Ever since getting my new Thinkpad with Windows XP, Outlook has never seemed to work properly. I've run diagnostics on my machine and nothing comes up as a problem. I've installed a spyware program because after talking to IBM tech support, they suggested I try that. I also talked to another support tech, who suggested I reinstall Windows completely. I'm not a real technical person. Won't a re-install wipe out my files? Most of the time that I use Outlook for my email, it slows down and eventually locks up. When I restart my computer,...

Running macros for different cells at the same time
Hi all, Is it possible to run different macros on different cells at the sam time? If so how do I go about setting it up? Cheers Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not really sure what you're trying to do. Could you give an example? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi all, > > Is it possible to run different macros on different cells at the same > time? If so how do I go about setting it up? > > Cheers > > Michael > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Yes it is possible to run different m...

Filter Date
Hi, I have a form which contains a listbox (holding the values Process Date and Quantity) and I have a textbox which displayed the current month. What I want to do is when I click on a command button (cmdMonthDown) and the textbox value changes from May to April I want the values in the listbox to be filtered so that only those values are disiplayed that were entered in April. If I'm not making sense please let me know otherwise your help would be appreciated. Thanks Reference the text box as a parameter in the list box's RowSourcee, e.g. if the text box shows the month name in fu...

Task start/end dates from MS project to Workspace site
We are currently running MSPS 2007 with WSS 3.0. I am trying to create a list in one of the project work spaces. I would like to auto-populate two columns in that list with the start and end date of certain tasks from the Project Plan in MS project. I am thinking we can do this by linking these columns to the the project SQL database fields. So, 1) Do I use the published SQL databse for this? 2) Which fields in the SQL database would I have to link to get the Start and End dates? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice AutoList in ASP.Net http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...

Date Format when incoming date can be 0
I have a date fiels yyyymmdd which can have a value of 0 or a valid date in recent past. Excel displays the 0 date as 01/01/1900 and the non zero dates as expected. Cant figure this out , any help would be appreciated. Excel uses a sequencial number from either 1/1/1900, or 1/1/1904 (depending on your options) as the date value for Example 6/3/2005 is 38506 using the 1/1/1900 if the cell is formatted as a date it is responding with the date it thinks you mean. If you want the cell to display a zero =if(Date=0,"0",date) "DP NY10601" wrote: > I have a date fiels y...

I need help setting up my database
I used Access in the past, so I have a general idea on how to use it, but now I have Microsoft 2007, so it's not as familiar. I currently have an excel document with staff names and drills they have performed. The drills include dates, times, an observer, and if they passed or failed. I had considered doing something where I had a table with all my staff, and then connecting tables for each person to list out the specifics for their drills. I don't know how to link the relationship with that though because the table name was the staff's name, so there wasn't a...

how to calculate the substraction between two dates
hi, i have two cells ,in which there are two dates. (for instance ,one cel l 08/02 ,the other 07/30) if the gap of the two dates is 2 days , something will be set to do. but it is difficult to judge the the substraction between two dates any good ideas. thanks Perhaps this might be of help .. Assume the *dates* "2-Aug-2004" and "30-Jul-2004" are input in A1 and B1, and A1:B1 is custom formatted as: mm/dd viz. it'll show as: In A1: 08/02 In B1: 07/30 Try in C1: =DAY(ABS(A1-B1))-1 Format C1 as: General or Number C1 will return: 2 i.e. the number of days...

Date Range
Hi, When I want the date rage appeared on the report header, I use textbox and put (qry criteria) in its recordsource. It works fine. However, For this time, I got a message like this ‘First([Between [From this date] And [To this date]])" Is there something wrong with the qry criteria? Would you please show me how to fix the problem? Thanks Chi It's very hard to understand the crtieria, can you post the full SQL What is the First in the beginning? Why there are to square brackes in the end And in the beinning? First([Between [From this date] And [To this date]])" T...

How do I set up auto complete from a drop down list in Excel 2000.
I have a 10 sheet workbook that I will be sending out to various users around the world. For their convenience, we are adding a lot of drop down lists for them to choose from. However, since there are many options to choose from in each list we would like for it to auto complete based on their initial entries: Ed -> list to jump to Edinburgh, etc.... I have enabled the AutoComplete in the cell values button in the Tools/Options/Edit tab, but it is still not working. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Hi not possible for the data validation listboxes --...

Setting series values on Excel Chart

Double emails when setting up new POP3
A long time problem I'd like to resolve is when setting up a new, or resetting an user name and password for a POP3 mail account. In all versions of outlook I have users who keep many months of email stored on the mail server. I don't mind them keeping it there, but for some of these people, when I setup a new logon name to the same mail account the Outlook program is somehow reset and does not know that it already has months of emails in its account. So, it goes ahead and downloads them all over again. Well, I've used Duplicate Email remover that works nicely to remove t...

How to set up a uato incremnt in sql server 5000 express
Hi, I'm trying to get into database programming. Cannot figure out how to do a auto int for my key value in sql server express. Ted On 19-12-2009 19:40, tedpottel wrote: > I'm trying to get into database programming. Cannot figure out how to > do a auto int for my key value in sql server express. Set IDENTITY on the field. Arne PS: This is a C# forum. "tedpottel" <tedpottel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:29a76b36-a911-425c-a46d-6f3c03ed5586@c3g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > I'm trying to get into database programming. Cannot figu...

IE6 ignore font size setting = Outlook fixed 12-pt messages
Setting IE6's Accessibility option to Ignore font sizes specified on web pages (so I can read online newspaper text at my 1600x1200 resolution setting) produces an undesirable side effect in my Outlook 2K-generated html- format email messages: all message text is fixed at 12 point, even though my Outlook default message size is set at 10 point. Manually changing the font size in the message has no effect. Closest KB article I can find is one for Outlook Express (#178895), which indicates "this is by design." If so, why would someone who wants to vary the font size displa...

how excel calculates the major units on an axis when MajorUnitIsAuto property set to true #2
I need to know, how excel calculates the major units on an axis when MajorUnitIsAuto property set to true. We are porting an existing excel chart application to .net with help of a third party tool for charting. If MajorUnitIsAuto property set to true, excel automatically calculates the major unit.Need to know what algorithm excel uses to calculate the Major Units. Thanks in advance, Mathew Microsoft has posted an article which tells how the minimum and maximum scale values are determined, in terms of this mysterious major unit, but I have seen nothing about how this major unit is calcula...

download the Credit Card transaction date not the the posting date
Then I download a statement from a Credit card and import it in to MS Money I always get the Posting Date not the Transaction date. Do I need another column in the register, help does not tell me how to do that? Or is the only solution changing each entry by hand? ( that doesn't make sense) This credit card offers downloads in either QIF or spreadsheet. In microsoft.public.money, riskymanr wrote: >Then I download a statement from a Credit card and import it in to MS Money I >always get the Posting Date not the Transaction date. Do you mean you first enter the transactions by...

How do I convert a time format to a double
I use a function to calculate the hours worked based on time 12:00pm to 4:00pm is 4.0 hours when I get the number for hours worked it is in time format / .27398237 I need the number 4 so that I can do my calculation. How do I convert it to a number? Multiply with 24 and format as general -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "DMB" <DMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:552FAD83-E8D4-4573-B9FF-613DDD259C22@microsoft.com... > I use a function to calculate the hours worked based on time > > 12:00pm to 4:00pm is 4.0 hours > > when I get the number for hou...

If Formula , Adding Days to a Date
A B 1 06/06/10 I want to make a formula that calculate as following; in Cell (B1) if the date in future the result will be [Enrolled], if not it will be Cell (A1) + 730 Days On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 02:14:01 -0700, Khalid A. Al-Otaibi <KhalidAAlOtaibi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > A B >1 06/06/10 > >I want to make a formula that calculate as following; > >in Cell (B1) if the date in future the result will be [Enrolled], if not it >will be Cell (A1) + 730 Days Try this formula in cell B1: =IF(A1>TODAY(), "[En...