Startup menu in Windows7

Hi,
where di I find the Startup menu in Windows 7?

--
Thank you for your help,
Erik

W7 x64
0
Erik

--
Open system config or config, look under the startup tab.
Once open read the help files for System Configuration.

Thank you.

"H Brown" <H Brown@invalid.com> wrote in message

> "Erik Fuyu" <eriknews@ix4.net> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> where di I find the Startup menu in Windows 7?
>>
>> --
>> Thank you for your help,
>> Erik
>>
>> W7 x64
>

> --
> Open system config or config, look under the startup tab.
> Once open read the help files for System Configuration.
> H Brown

0
Erik
2/6/2010 7:54:36 PM
Click on Start - All Programs
scroll down to "Startup", right-click on it, select "Open" or "Open all
users"

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"Erik Fuyu" <eriknews@ix4.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> where di I find the Startup menu in Windows 7?
>
> --
> Thank you for your help,
> Erik
>
> W7 x64

0
Dave

My macros menu is disabled..help!
I am very new to Excel. I am trying to add a macro and the menu item under Tools >> Macro are all disabled except for the security setting. I've set the security to low but that did not help. The 'Macros' menu (under Macro) and 'Record new macro' and others are all disabled. I cant figure out why its disabled. Is this a feature I need to add using Add/remove programs..? I dont remember opting out of macros at the time of install. Please reply to baragargoyle at hotmail doot com thanks. Never mind..I found it. I had to add VB for applications from add/remove prog...

Outlook 2002 does not startup
Installed Office 2002 Outlook 2002 is the only program does not start-up help please Why won't it start? Do you get error messages? What happens when you try to open it? Have you installed your mail accounts under Control Panel->Mail Icon? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Daniel Richardson asked: | Installed Office 2002 | Outlook 2002 is the ...

Form opens even when not specified in Startup
Hi. OK, this is probably very simple but I can't see it. I have a small mdb that I wanted to experiment on, by converting it to Access 2007. So the first thing I thought was to remove the feature that opens a main form on Startup. So I go to Startup and nothing is specified! I've looked in the Event code of the form in question and only a Maximise on open event exists. I've tried introducing a different form in Startup and they both open. Can anyone tell me what could be causing this form to open, if it's not specified in Startup? I think the answer is going to embar...

When I select "Open" from the "File" menu in Excel, I get only a .
When I select "Open" from the "File" menu in Excel, I get only a beep, no file selection window appears. All other function in Excel seem to work. Guess #1: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308360 OFF2000: Error Messages Caused by Nimda Virus When You Open or Save Files in Office Programs Guess #2: Something has broken that option. You can reset the toolbar to see if that helps. tools|customize|toolbars tab select worksheet menubar click reset With #2, you'll have to re-do any customizations you've done to that toolbar. dan wrote: > > When I...

Startup Default Folder to Quickview Unread
Good day. Searched for the last hour+ for guidance on how to make the default folder selected, when WLM is initially opened, to be the Quick views|Unread e-mail virtual folder vs. the inbox of the 'default' account. I have sevral accounts and would like to have this functionality. Please advise if it is posible. TIA. -- -Tod Wulff "TodWulff" <Tod dot Wulff at comcast dot net dot nospam> wrote in message news:A2A4CE95-A37A-4E5D-A6CF-03A1D878D027@microsoft.com... > Good day. > > Searched for the last hour+ for guidance on how to make the...

I can't find start menu and task bar
I can't see my task bar and start menu on my computer screen? where is it hide ? This is the Microsoft Outlook group. Are you asking a specific Outlook question or is this related to your operating system? Did you accidentally hide your task bar? Does it appear if you put your mouse into the area where it normally is? Did you perhaps move it? Try the sides or even the top since the task bar can be dragged to different locations. If that doesn't help, post in the newsgroup for your operating system. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.n...

Startup Error Message
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CA6555.2F379DC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I recently installed a new HDD and then installed WinXP Pro. Now when I boot/reboot the machine I get this error message: http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/2173/dynamicenergysaver.jpg Never seen it before, don't know what it's referring to or how to fix = it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CA6555.2F379DC0 Content-Type: text/html; charse...

Add ContractLine Entity in Menu
Hi, Is it possible to add a shortcut in the Service Menu to the ContractLine Entity? I really appreciate if someone could help. Regards, Alcides ...

Startup Outlook minimized in the system tray
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C5A810.84968FD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I was wondering who could answer the following question.... I want to = startup MS-Outlook automatically when windows start and i want Outlook = to move to the system tray immediately. This is how far i came: 1) I update the register with the MinimizeToTray key. So, when i press the minimize button in outlook, it moves to the tray. = So far so good! Outlook does remember my passwords, so no wor...

Crash on startup (MSMAPI32.DLL) / SP2 error# 2349
Hi, I had an install of windows xp SP2 on a dell dimension 2400 that worked fine for a few months. Then one day outlook 2003 started crashing on startup. I installed a second copy of windows xp SP2 (to a different windows folder) and then manually removed the first installation. Even after all windows updates were applied, the fresh installation still does not startup Outlook 2003. The MS crash report points to MSMAPI32.DLL as the source of outlook's crash. It crashes right after the splash screen loads and the "setup your account" list appears. Also, whenever I attem...

Windows7 and new motherboard or hard drive
Can you use the same retail copy of Windows 7 to do a re-install if you get a new motherboard or hard drive? I am not clear on this licience thing with Microsoft. Thank you, David titus12 wrote: > Can you use the same retail copy of Windows 7 to do a re-install if you get > a new motherboard or hard drive? I am not clear on this licience thing with > Microsoft. Well, you should ask in the Win7 newsgroup, rather than the WinXP one. I've changed several hard drives and motherboards on my XP system, and it never asked for a reactivation. I expect Win7 is th...

Customised Menu's
Hi I wonder whether anyone can help!! Basically one of my users, has a problem with a customised menu, in xl. Basically he has 2 seperate excel spreadsheets, each having their own customised menu's. When he opens one of them, the wrong customised menu appears, (rather it gives the customised menu of another spreadsheet), the other spreadsheet im referring to has not been opened. Yet atill the user gets the menu bar of a different spreadsheet, I have already been though all the Tools > Customise > Options aswell as Toolbars, to check the right items are ticked, and a reset of usag...

Unable to use the back/forward buttons in the OPEN menu
I recently upgraded to Excel 2007 and Windows 7. Previously I was able to ask the program to 'open' and then go back/forward through the folders to get to the next location as needed. Now I have to start over every time. The back and forward buttons are alway gray and the address bar is blank if I try to pull it down. Getting tired of having to use the Nav panel and start over every time.... Any ideas? Thanks! ...

Enable/Disable Menu item from CMenuBar derived from CControlBar
I hav a problem wrt Disabling Menu items from my menu done form CMenuBar derived from CControlBar /*----------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/ CFrameWnd* pMiniFrame = GetParentFrame(); ASSERT_KINDOF(CMiniFrameWnd, pMiniFrame); CMenu* pSysMenu = pMiniFrame->GetSystemMenu(FALSE); ASSERT_VALID(pSysMenu); pSysMenu->EnableMenuItem(SC_CLOSE, MF_BYCOMMAND | MF_GRAYED) /*----------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/ This piece of code works and disables the CLOSE cross. But when i tried with my menu items, nothi...

SLOOOOOOOOOW Startup
Have a user used Outlook 2000. When she started it up, it took almost 5 minutes to start I tried pretty much all I know to repair the issue, new profile, new PST etc. Eventually, I uninstalled that version, and tried Office XP, and the version of Outlook did the same thing. Any ideas how this can be resolved short of wiping the drive? Any install I do, "imports" the settings. Thanks, JM. What anti-virus software are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "MiamiDOM" <...

Outlook 2000 Hangs for 3-5 minutes on startup. Help!
I have the strangest problem. Outlook 2000 will hang for 3-5 minutes on startup. I get past the splash screen, into my inbox. Then I get the hour glass for a cursor and if i try to exit it says program not responding. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling. I have tried Safe Mode. I have tried the "safe" switch while in safe mode. Nothing works. Please help. Thanks In advance! jasonb wrote: > I have the strangest problem. Outlook 2000 will hang for 3-5 minutes > on startup. I get past the splash screen, into my inbox. Then I get > the hour glass for a cursor and...

Simulating 'File/Close' Menu Command
I have an MDI application which works fine as coded. That is, when I no longer need the document, I can select 'Close' from the 'File' menu and the document closes. Now, I'm trying to trigger the same 'File/Close' menu entry programmatically. That is to say, under certain programming conditions, I want the code to call for the document to Close. Does any one know what message or virtual function I should be attaching my code to do this? Thanks in advance, Peter You can always use PostMessage(ID_FILE_CLOSE) (use whatever the ID is) to the mainfram...

Opening a file through Explorer-co9ntext menu Open With...
Hi, my MFC application crashes when I close it if - and only if - I opened it through the explorer context menu. If I open it through the MPU menu in the application, or if I drag'n'drop from explorer, or use the "file -> open document" menu there is no problem. What does the system do differently when I open a file through the Open With... context menu item? When you open using Explorer it passes the file name in on the command line and attempts to open it when parsing the command line in InitInstance(). Tom "Michael Nielsen" <mnielsen@cvmt.dk> wr...

Lost tools menu in Outlook
My tools menu went missing in Outlook 2000. How do I get it back? I am using Internet Mail service and PST file for profile. Answered in the outlook.general newsgroup. Do NOT multipost!!! -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Andy Harlan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e56001c43c71$6c527210$a101280a@phx.gbl... > My tools menu went missing in Outlook 2000. How do I get > it back? I am using Internet Mail service and PS...

Explorer context menu missing "Save As" option
XP Pro SP3 Office Pro SP3 Have a single system that when browsing files in Explorer then right-clicking on a Word (*.doc) file the context menu doesn't have the "Save As" option. My end-users use this quite a bit to convert Word 2007 file to Word 2003 files. I'm sure it is most likely a registry entry but not certain best way to locate. Thanks in advance!! Are you referring to the Save Target As option that you see when you right-click a link in Internet Explorer? As far as I know, it has never allowed you to change the format. What you can do is the...

Starting Outlook on Computer StartUp
I find Outlook calender, contacts, etc, to be very useful, but I would like Outlook to start when I start up my computer and run in the background if possible, similar to MSN messanger and other programs. This way I could get notification of meetings and appointments without entering Outlook to see if there is a reminder. Thanks! Hi ald, you could copy the outlook.exe into the autostart folder. -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "ald" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Outlook 2002 does not check for email on startup
As the header says, I have checked everything in all the options I can find and it all looks right. I only have one account. But I still have to click Send/Receive to get my email after I have started Outlook. Any ideas anyone? Set an automatic polling interval in Send/Receive groups. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Axel VK" <sparqs@pigpond.com> wrote in message news:eZCOWQp0DHA.1908@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > As the header says, I have checked everything in all the options I can find > and it all looks right. I only have one account. > But I still have to click S...

'New Page' button & menu: why does it not open on mouse (pen!) dow
In OneNote 2007 and still in 2010, the "new page" button, above the different tabs, has an arrow to open a menu to create a new page. This menu opens on the mouseup event, thus after clicking on the arrow. When using a pen however, this behaviour is very inconvenient. If the menu would open on the mouse down event instead, this 'new page' menu would be much faster and easier to use when using a pen. The reason is that you put the pen on the menu button (thus clicking the arrow), move the pen (still on the screen) to the correct menu item and take the pen of the ...

How determine how a Context menu was closed?
Hello, I need to be able to determine the method used to close a Context menu. It appears that there are three possibilities: 1) a menu selection was clicked, 2) the User clicked outside the menu or 3) the User hit ESC. I need to determine if the menu closed due to either of the last two possiibilities. (This may seem like a mysterious requirement but the popup of the Context Menu is triggered by a specific event in a Frame. If a menu selection is made then certain actions are taken but if the User "cancels" by items #2 or #3 I need to take a different action to "clean up&qu...

startup dialog box
I would like to create a startup dialog box that users can read, and then check a box that would prevent it from showing every other time they open the database. Basically, I want it to be a kind of "First time use, get to know the database" dialog box that they can read the first time they open the database, and then if they don't want to read it each time, they can check a box and it goes away everyother time they open the database. How would I go about doing that? I read a post that will create the dialog box, but I don't know about adding the check box. On Tue,...