Slow Internet Connection, HELP

Hey

Vista Home,
I guess it's an Acer Laptop, (don't have the computer in front of me now)

My girlfriend has a got a new ISP. Originally she uses a cable to connect to
the switch/modem,
But now another ISP have installed a new modem/switch in her house. the
cable guy left the modem without connecting any cat5 cables to the
modem/switch so the computer where offline for a while until I plugged in
the cable to the modem... The cable isn't that nessecery as the modem is
sending wireless also....

but when using cable connection the trasfer rate (incoming) is 7kb/s, which
is very slow (it should have been over 700kb/s). Her new ISP proclaimed to
have very fast internet connection

so what wrong are we doing here?

0
Jeff

quite simply you need
to call the isp and have
them finish setting your
account up.

--
db���`�...�><)))�>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jeff" <it_consultant1@hotmail.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> Hey
>
> Vista Home,
> I guess it's an Acer Laptop, (don't have the computer in front of me now)
>
> My girlfriend has a got a new ISP. Originally she uses a cable to connect
> to the switch/modem,
> But now another ISP have installed a new modem/switch in her house. the
> cable guy left the modem without connecting any cat5 cables to the
> modem/switch so the computer where offline for a while until I plugged in
> the cable to the modem... The cable isn't that nessecery as the modem is
> sending wireless also....
>
> but when using cable connection the trasfer rate (incoming) is 7kb/s,
> which is very slow (it should have been over 700kb/s). Her new ISP
> proclaimed to have very fast internet connection
>
> so what wrong are we doing here?

0
db

Can't break out of code help!
Somehow one of my VBAs got called and I can't get out if it. Esc only calls up the Dialog box that allows me to End/Continue/Debug, End does nothing, Debug stops but I still can't CANCEL it. Any suggestions? I am stuck otherwise and will lose a lot of work... If you are in debug with the highlight showing, click the Design Mode icon, if the debug highlight goes out, you are out of the macro. I am betting that you are using an event code for a sheet_change. If so, before clicking the icon, put a comment (apostorphe) in front of your macro title. That will prevent it f...

Please Help!!!
When i receive a message from an order on my website, sends the messag on one line like this.... This agreement for services is entered into by the following parties: Purchaser of Credit Restoration Services Name : hg,kg DOB : jkgkgk SSN : jlgjklglj Phone : ljgj Email : gmfunk7@aol.com With- Supplie of Credit Restoration Services Now the messages are supposed to view like this. It views like this i outlook express but not Outlook 2000. Here it is... This agreement for services is entered into by the following parties: Purchaser of Credit Restoration Services Name : DOB : SSN : P...

GP 8.0 Slow
I have a problem I don't know how to fix. We are in "Apply Sales Documents" We do a FIND to get a document number. The whole application locks up, the screen goes grey and patchy and it can take 5-7 mins to return records. This is the situation for our 3 largest customers. The last time we sent anything to history wss 12/2006. It's the financial departments view that we should be able to keep 1 year current without having to move to history. However about1 month after moving things to history things slowed down again now its PAINFUL to get anything to return. The perso...

pivot table from recordset
I'm recoding a spreadsheet to use SQL server, instead of local SAS table/files, and although the data coming from the server via ADO and stored procs is retrieved rapidly, the pivot table I build from the recordset takes a very long time, about 3 times as long as before (now taking approx 2 minutes), and although the recordset size is 86000 rows by 25 columns, the data is not the issue, just how long it takes to build the table. Since the recordset via ADO is not the problem, I'll just display the basic text of building the pivot table from the data: 'sets pivot cache, in prep f...

help sorting with commas
I am trying to sort data in a column in the following manner and have n idea how. An example of the current data in a cell is 1 a, 2 b, 1 c, 4 d, 7 e every cell is different. I would like it to sort the data so that the commonalities are goupe together. For example. All the cells that contain 1 a, 2 b, 1 c, 4 d, 7 e woul be together and then 1 a, 2 b, 1 c, 4 d would be together. My boss called it comma delimited, but in looking around on this sit that doesn't seem to be it. Any help is greatly appreciated -- arku -------------------------------------------------------------------...

CRM 3.0 is very slow when seiding an email
Hi, I have got a Strange problem in CRM 3.0. It is working fine normally, but when i execute an email quick campaign or send an email, the CRM System is responding very slowly and also when i try to access records / try to refresh the grid, i am getting SQL Server Time out expiry error frequently. The Quick campaign are also executing very slowly, it is sending 1-2 emails per minute. Note: The CRM System was functioning smoothly till yesterday. Thanks and Regards, Bharath V V ...

HELP! Why doesn't this work?
I'm trying to affect several worksheets from a single macro. The WITH Worksheet("Xyz") command, and following code, seems to work OK when the macro is invoked when sheet "Xyz" is active, but doesn't hit XYZ if called from another sheet. I thought the WITH would make the Active sheet irrelevant. What don't I get? Sub testing() With Worksheets("xyz") ..Range("c4") = "background" <=== this works fine Cells.Select Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = False <===this seems to be affecting only active sheet Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = ...

I have no connection to outlook 2010
Hi everyone I have problems sending/reciving messages on my new outlook 2010! Why Thomas!? Not enough details provided to even guess. What happens when you send/receive? Are there any error messages? If there are, those error messages are the key to defining and resolving the problem. What do they say, exactly? "Laptop111" <Laptop111@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A646E1D5-F657-4936-9E47-866D22B88384@microsoft.com... > Hi everyone > I have problems sending/reciving messages on my new outlook 2010! Why Thomas!? >Why Thomas!? As...

help with Where clause
Please tell me what's wrong with the Where clause in this SQL. This is in the OnLoad event of a form to populate a list box. I've tried every combination I can think of and either get a prompt for tblOrders.RemainingQuantity , nothing displayed at all, or all records including the ones with 0 remaining quantity. The list box is set to 2 columns, bound column is 1, column widths is 0;1. Thanks for your help! With Me .OrderDate.RowSource = _ "SELECT tblOrders.OrderID, tblOrders.Date, tblOrders.Customer " & _ "FROM tblOrders "...

Help on Interest calculation? Advanced maths ?
This worksheet works, for one scenario. Need help, please, for the second scenario Initial deposit �250, invest regular �250 per month. Gross interest 5.6%, calculated daily, paid on the anniversary of account opening (i.e 366 days) The 5.6 is in range-named cell "APR". Cells B11..B376 are "=$E10...", Cells $D10... are "=$B10...+$C10...) Formula in (CALC column) cells E10...E375 is =POWER(APR/100+1,1/365)*$B10.... Spreadsheet accuracy - exact to the penny (agrees the bank's printed statement). 06 A B C D ...

Error: Connection to your server was interrupted ........
Hi all A friend of mine using Outlook 2003 has recently been receiving the following error: (something like) The connection with the server was interrupted ....... Sending works fine this refers to receiving only. I checked the various setting and that the timeout was set long enough - think it's set to 2mins 50secs. I setup the account on her Outlook Express but the same error appeared! Everything has been working fine for months and no changes have been made. When I got home I set her account up on my Outlook 2003. The only difference was I ticked the box to leave a copy of the em...

On DPM 2010
Unable to connect to the Active Directory Domain Services database. Make sure that the DPM server is a member of a domain and that a domain controller is running. Also verify that there is network connectivity between the DPM server and the domain controller. ID: 7 Details: The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist (0x8007200A) http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/31578130/hithis-is-permissions-is.aspx http://msmvps.com/blogs/daniel/archive/2006/02/15/83677.aspx -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA ...

Need help in string conversion
Hi, This might be a stupid question, but being a novice I can't help without asking someone. How can I convert a string to LPTSTR? For example I have, string command = "runMe -f test.txt"; command += anotherString; LPTSTR commandLine = command; //this won't work and that is where I need your help. Thanks in advance, Rajesh LPTSTR can become a LPWSTR or LPSTR based on whether you have UNICODE defined. You can relate 'string' to LPSTR and 'wstring' to LPWSTR. So you have two options. 1. Use a generic 'tstring' which becomes a string/...

Current sessions, spam, smtp, relay
In the past week we have been getting a lot of spam mail. And just like all you admins out there.. GGGRRRRAAAAHHHHH!!! It's weird because they are coming and going from people that do business with us. Not only are they sending us spam, we are sending them spam as well. I checked to see if the relay settings were correct. Read http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310380 and set everything up as they said to do. I unchecked the "Allow all computers with successfully authenticate to relay, regardless ..." Now i don't know if that was the way they were sending spam but i also am log...

Direct Connect Banking w/Microsoft Money?
Hello all. Now that Netbank is being sold to Everbank I'm going to have to find another bank to do direct connect bill pay, account transactions, etc. Can anyone recommend their bank or know of another one that is like Netbank? I want to continue being able to do all my transactions within Money and not have to go to a bank's web site nor do I want to do that LiveID thing. Thanks, Richard ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast ...

Help With Template Please
Hi this is what i am trying to do, i own a sign company and am trying to make the invoicing and job pricing a bit easier but ive come up against a few snags. 1. i wish to make a quotation sheet with a couple of boxes to enter data in such as height and width for a sign, this is simple if the customers give me the data in feet and inches and they want one type of substrate. But customers being what they are, give me details of sizes in feet and inches, metres, centimetres and millimetres, what i need is to be able to put the number in each of the boxes for width and height eg 6 ft by 4f...

HELP!!! NDR's generating DOS
I'm getting slammed by NDR's, it is causing a DoS. 6 months prioir to this event I test my server for open relay and it showed I was not an open relay. How do I stop this crap? No mail can get in You need to give more details. If the NDRs are coming to valid recipients in your domain, and your setup can't handle it, then you need to put something in place to shield your exchange servers from the attack. If they are not to valid recipients, you need to change your setup to not accept the mail. "VIDRO" <VIDRO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

calendar connectivity
Hi, I have set up calendar connectivity between Exchange and Lotus to test coexistence. Mail routing is working fine between these two systems. I am now also able to start the calendar service. The issue is; I am unable to view Lotus user's calendar and free/busy information from Exchange outlook client & vice-versa. Also, MS has not provided any tests for verifying calender connectivity unlike they have provided tests for mail flow between lotus and exchange. any help appreciated. thanks or if anyone can provide me brief testing steps on how do i go about testing my calenda...

Basic IF function help
i am new to excel and trying to use the IF function. i am trying to figure out how to get excel to only display the result of the formula is a number. in some cases, the formula has "0" in numerator so i get "Div/0" answer. in that case, i want the result to display just a blank. any help will be appreciated. thanks. my current formula is =IF((4*R3/G2)xxxxxx,(4*R3/G2),("N/A")) One way: =IF(G2=0,"",IF(4*R3/G2)xxxxx,4*R3/G2,"N/A")) In article <1168958132.311542.122240@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com>, "gtd068a" <IKhan11@...

My Average function becomes #Name? Pls help :(
Hi, I used to have a column with the function below. =B84/DAY(EOMONTH(B1,0)) B84=1000, DAY(EOMONTH(B1,0)) supposed to count the number of days of the specifi month where B1 = "1/09/2005". I have 12 Tabs from Jan to Dec. I imported this excel file from my ol pc and suddenly, all my average became "#Name?". Do I need to d something before this function can works? Does anyone has a better formula to do the above average?? Pls help -- Lewis Ko ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lewis Koh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/membe...

Connecting relationships with contacts
We want to be able to add a relationship to an opportunity and then open the contact record that was added and see the opportunity. Right now we can add the contact as a relationship, but don't see it on the contact record when we open it. Has anyone figured out a way to accomplish this? As standard CRM when you open contact you will only see directly linked opportunities. There is no way out of the box to show an opportunity where the contact is linked using a relationship. Of hand the only way I can think of doing this would perhaps to add a duplicate opportunity for the contact...

For Each Next help
Here is my code. Dim C As Range For Each C In Range("TotalsCells").Resize(1, 0) -----IT FAILS AT THIS LINE Cells.FormulaR1C1 = "SUM(R2C:R[-1]C)" Next C I have a couple of questions. Is my variable declaration correct? I want to inspect each cell in the range. Is my Resize syntax correct for inspecting each cell? Is my Sum syntax correct? Thanks in advance for your help. On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 10:06:18 -0700 (PDT), troy_lee@comcast.net wrote: >Here is my code. > >Dim C As Range > For Each C In Range("TotalsCells"...

Error while connecting the Database
Hello, during the installation of MS-CRM 1.2 I have to create a connection to the (existing) database. This database is stored on another server. While trying to connect the database I get the following error: On the computer with SQL server full text indexing must be implemented. The indexing service is installed. The SQL service "Microsoft search" also. Any ideas? Thanks! Stefan ...

Pls help with embedding wmp in a non-dialog mfc view
Hi, I'd like to add mpeg, avi, and wmv playback capability to my mfc app. I thought that this would be quite simple if I decide to use Windows Media Player ActiveX instead of DirectShow filtergraph. Unfortunately that did not happen (i.e. the 'simple' part). First I struggled with Visual Studio ..NET - inserting wmp into the project did not generate CWnd derived wrapper class (as stated in sdk docs). Instead it generated COleDispatchDriver derived class. I did not want to waste any time on typing (clsid, create, etc.) so I decided to use VC6 and generated CWnd derived wrapper...

Excel opening with Visual Basiic File not Found Error?? Help!!!
When I open up Excel I am receiving an error message "Microsoft Visual Basic File not Found" when I hit help it tells me it is file not found error 53. Can anyone provide me some information on how I need to fix this problem. Help!!!! Thanks, Judd Hi Judd, See responses to similar questions from Tom Ogilvy http://tinyurl.com/9nubf and Dave Peterson: http://tinyurl.com/829pc --- Regards, Norman "jbsand1001" <jbsand1001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6EAD2E6-E90E-4929-9368-0C96BCADC374@microsoft.com... > When I open up Exce...