sevice packs not included in windows update??

I am running windows vista home premium and have had to reinstall. When
going through the windows update the service packs dont show up. do i
need to download and install manualy?

--
smills98823
0

Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 service packs are not available
for installation through Windows Update:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=948343#method5

smills98823 wrote:
> I am running windows vista home premium and have had to reinstall. When
> going through the windows update the service packs dont show up. do i
> need to download and install manualy?

0
Leroy
3/18/2010 11:43:38 PM

"Leroy" <leroy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 service packs are not available for
> installation through Windows Update:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=948343#method5

I beg to differ as it is available......I was offered to install it through
WU but I had already d/l it and did a manual install

God Bless... :-)

0
Parrott
3/19/2010 1:58:35 AM
"Parrott" <heaven@heaven.heaven> wrote in message

> "Leroy" <leroy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 service packs are not available
>> for installation through Windows Update:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=948343#method5
>>

> I beg to differ as it is available......I was offered to install it
> through WU but I had already d/l it and did a manual install
>

> God Bless... :-)

That KB article's title doesn't mean they are not available, it
describes the situations in which some users may not be offered them.

Tom

0
Tom

Windows update
Hi all I plan to fix the code at the link below and use it to audit and analyze windows updates on a large fleet of laptops (around 1000). http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=806 My plan is to store everything in a table but it would be nice to retain raw data each time a laptop is audited (replace if one exists). How will Excel handle that many sheets (Atom processor; 2ghz Ram; Windows 7)? -- Steve I just ran the code from your link and it ran without a hitch. It wrote six columns with 700 rows. It looks like the Description column can be omitted. ...

stock quotes won't update
I have a real tough time downloading my stock quotes. Often they won't download on the first, second or even third time I try, if at all. Yet if I go to the "read call summary messages" page, the money updates are always checked off, with the proper date and time. This is getting very frustrating, it has been happening for a long, long time. Any ideas, or is this just a poor Microsoft connection problem? I have no problem connecting to my email or other Web pages at the same time, so it is not my connection. I use Money 2004, Canadian version. Thanks, FJ Are all of the...

Update back-end tables, fields, relationships etc...
I am looking for some examples of code or links to code examples to update a back-end database appropriately so it works with the next version of the front-end. Both dbs are Access2007, Example: I have a table tblPreference in the back-end that has a versionNumber field and is set to "1.0". If my latest "2.0" front-end is opened I want it to detect the OLD version 1.0 back-end and run the code to update the back-end to "2.0" and then change the version number. Things I need done include: - adding fields to existing tables - deleting fields from ...

Removing a window's frames does not remove it from the scrollbar
I have a dialog box with a tree control that will automatically holds a scrollbar. In the dialog's OnInitDialog I load the tree with so much content that the tree automatically creates a vertical scrollbar. I want to remove the tree's frame, but when I do the frame is removed from everything except the scrollbar. It isn't until I move the mouse over the scrollbar (causing it to highlight) or force the bar to scroll that the frame will disappear. I have tried invalidating and repainting the tree but that does not help. I have even dragged the dialog box offscreen and pull...

Managing 2 email addresses in Outlook 7 on Windows Vista
I have set up 2 email accounts but they are both coming into the same Inbox,Junk Mail, etc. I need to keep these accounts separate. Instructions advise that I click the start button, then control panel, then user accounts, then mail. Problem is I do NOT have 'mail' as an option to click on under user accounts. How do I find the Outlook Profile to set up so I can choose which email account I want to receive? Is there a simple way of doing this? Also how do I set up the in,sent, out, etc. for this second email account? -- Outlook 07 user "Outlook 07 use...

Unable to save new events in Windows Live Mail Calendar
I have several calendars from Vista Windows Calendar that were imported into Windows Live Calendar (online). Windows Live Mail Calendar was then synched to Windows Live Calendar, and all the events showed up correctly. I can drag and drop existing events in WLMC, from one date to another, and they show up OK, both in WLMC and WLC. I can add new events in WLC, and they show up both in WLC and WLMC. But if I add a new event in WLMC, when I click Save & Close it does not show up in either calendar. (Running on Win 7). To ensure we are clear..you cannot add an event in Windows Li...

T&M Billing window should let me copy and paste write up/down
In version 9.0, you can no longer copy and paste the quantity in the write up/down field in the time and materials billing window. We may write up an invoice and want all the entries to have their percentage changed by the same amount. We would normally copy the first entry and paste to the rest, now we have to type in the percentage every time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follo...

Access
Hi, i have a on going database for my employees and i would like to add another column employee ID number. On the existing table the column employee ID is there but no number associated to the employee. I want to import from excel. the excel file has all employees name and employee number. EE name is the primary key and i only want to import the EE ID number only, the rest of the column in the table leave as is. can someone help me with this? thanks On Tue, 18 May 2010 00:44:55 GMT, "accessnote" <u60148@uwe> wrote: >Hi, i have a on going database for my ...

Multiple windows updating multiple rows simultaneously ?
I'm maintaining an application that currently allows entry of new records or updating exisiting records. What would be involved in modifiying the application to allow multiple windows to be open simultaneously. In other words, if the user is updating or creating a record in one window, he can leave that window and go update another record in another window or create a new record in another window, returning to the other windows afterwards. How complex would this be to handle? Thanks in advance for any help. Yes, I guess that's what it would amount to. "SteveM" wrote...

Windows 98 Shutdown Problem
Hello I have an application that is running in System Tray. It is a plain win32 application with Window Proc like this (Pseudo Code) mywndproc() { switch( nMsg) { case WM_CLOSE : PostQuitMessage(0); return 0; break; case WM_COMMAND: .............. }; return DefWindowProc(hwnd, nMsg, wParam, lParam); } Now the application does not shutdown on Windows 98 and ME. I am passing all the messages to DefWindowProc and it is the only one which is returning any value in Windows Proc Function. Regards Shrishail Rana You must respone to the WM_DESTORY message, not the WM_CLOSE message ...

Modified window not activating
I have modified the Item Maintenance window using Modifier with VBA. If I open it and I have no other applications running on my workstation, everything is fine. However, if I have a word document open as well on my workstation, when I open the modified Item Maintenance window, the window will open but my active screen will revert to the Word document. I then have to click on the Microsoft Dynamics icon on the task bar to bring the application to the front. In attempting to determine the cause, I have been experimenting and have another occasion where the focus stays in Dynamics, the I...

Outlook 2003 -Windows XP- very slow
I have more than 100.000 addresses,it takes about 5000 adrs per hour. After import it is VERY VERY slow,have to wait 15 -25 seconds to get choosen address. I defragm both Hdisk and Database feature in OL2003. Why ?? William Rippen Holland 100,000 addresses!!??!! WOW! You can't know that many people, so I guess you manage a client database (or you're a spammer). In any event, first empty your deleted items folder. Then archive old messages to split your .pst file into something smaller. That should help. The truth is, while I'd normally think that would be sufficient, with...

Need help to re-install software Windows Professional
I recently re-installed the above program after having to send my computer away. I am now recieving the following message " any active activation context" when I try to download anything, such as windows player. When on the internet, I get my home page, Yahoo, but as soon as i try to enter a web address it prompts a message "Microsoft feeds synconisation". Could anyone please offer any advice as to how to rectify the problem. And this is about Windows XP Professional x64? chrissiebell1804 wrote: > I recently re-installed the above program after havin...

Event 9790 appears after DST update
enviornment: Running Wk23 Ent. SP1 with W2k3 Exchange Ent. SP2 All of a sudden after applying kb926666 my Application Log is full of the following entry: Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: Background Cleanup Event ID: 9790 Date: 3/6/2007 Time: 9:16:08 AM User: N/A Computer: <mailserver> Description: Cleanup of the DeliveredTo table for database 'First Storage Group\<mailstore>' was successful. 13 entries were purged. There are numerous Event 9790 entries for my mailstores and its causing some lag issues. Is there anyt...

Problem updating Service reference
Hello, I have a vb2008 solution with a WCF service project and UI project, the service project and UI project has a reference to a core project, that's project has one class usable for UI and service and referenced into all, went I try to update a service reference in UI project, appears a new datasource in service reference / Reference.svcmap, into UI project the calls to common class appears with at "not a member" error, and the cast lines between types of service core class and ui core class fails with "cannot be converted to" error because ui cla...

Open Office and Windows 7 64-bit Compatibility
Is Open Office compatible with Windows 7 64-bit? Are there any special installation procedures one must follow, such as "run as administrator", install as Vista or Windows XP, etc.? As a long time user of Office 2000, what's the learning curve like in transitioning to Open Office? Any additional insights would be greatly appreciated. -- Thank You, Richard Open Office runs fine on Windows 7 x64. If you are an Office power user OO id probably not for you. For most people it is an excellent competitor to Microsoft Office. As it's free to try there's...

Will Windows XP-Professional 64-bit support these MS software prod
1. Microsft Word 2000 2. Microsft Excel 2000 3. Microsft Publisher 2003 "vootsak" <vootsak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:917E90C3-687C-45FB-A08E-2B0C666C114E@microsoft.com... > 1. Microsft Word 2000 > > 2. Microsft Excel 2000 > > 3. Microsft Publisher 2003 Asked and answered in another newsgroup. If you want to answer the same question in more than one newsgroups learn how to cross-post instead of multi-posting as you have done. That way if someone answers in this newsgroup it would also appear in the other newsgro...

new window #2
Is it possilbe to have excel open in a new window using code? I know can change the windows in taskbar default. I want the book to open i a new instance when the .xls is clicked on from explorer? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't think so. If you double click on the file in explorer, it'll start opening in however you have xl set (via that tools|options|General|ignore other applications setting). Can you just check that "ignore other applications" and walk away happy??? "pobuckley <" wrote: > > Is it possilbe to have...

I can't set up my account on Windows Mail
Hi . I need help, I tried to set my email up on Windows mail using, gmail accounts, gmx and everything you could think. I worked on it for days but nothing ever worked. I'm pretty sure I put in the right POP and all. What else can I do? Does Gmail and gmx and all not work on a mail server on the actual desktop? Please help me? asiankelsey;1224241 Wrote: > Hi . I need help, I tried to set my email up on Windows mail using, > gmail > accounts, gmx and everything you could think. I worked on it for days > but > nothing ever worked. I'm pretty sure I put i...

Word should have a popup window so I can drop some notes...
For instance, right now I am working on a presentation and I am surfing the internet to find some information. As I was looking, I found a couple of quotes I liked and so I made a little text box for a quick reference to some good quotes I found. It would be nice if there was a little popup window to place some good information that ties itself to the docx file when saved. I could imagine people using this for jotting down some thoughts of how they want to end their essays or what have you. Just a thought. :D ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Mic...

Freed =?windows-1252?Q?Guant=E1namo_inmates_are_heading_?= =?windows-1252?Q?for_Yemen_to_join_al-Qaeda_fight?=
At least a dozen former Guant=E1namo Bay inmates have rejoined al-Qaeda t= o=20 fight in Yemen, The Times has learnt, amid growing concern over the=20 ability of the country=92s Government to accept almost 100 more former=20 inmates from the detention centre. The Obama Administration promised to close the Guant=E1namo facility by=20 January 22, a deadline that it will be unable to meet. The 91 Yemeni=20 prisoners in Guant=E1namo make up the largest national contingent among=20 the 198 being held. Six prisoners were returned to Yemen last month. After the Christmas Day = bomb pl...

outlook 2003 (Windows XP) emails gives error re: subscription
In setting up outlook 2003 (ln windows xp) email (for hotmail account) I keep getting a required subscription for this service. What subscription are they referring to? Thank you. Hotmail You need a paid for Hotmail account to use Outlook (Also applies to some other internet mail accounts) "R Rankl" <R Rankl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C39AA85F-C879-4F14-B208-F3918424A523@microsoft.com... > In setting up outlook 2003 (ln windows xp) email (for hotmail account) I > keep > getting a required subscription for this service. > > What subsc...

Windows Mail Password
Starting today when I open Windows Mail I get a "pop-up" asking for username and password. will not connect until I complete. this just started today..computer is approx 11 mos old....When I go to tools,properties,servers and put in password and save (apply) it does not save..... That problem can be caused by interference from an antivirus=20 program. Which antivirus are you running? As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects. In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be u...

Updates will not load SP3
Office Updates will not load any updates. There was a 90-day trial version of Office 2003 installed when I acquired the computer. I uninstalled it so that I could load Works Suite 2001 and Publisher 2000 which I already owned. Publisher version is SR1, but SP3 will not load. I think the same problem exists for Word 2000 in Works Suite. What do I have to delete in order to get the updates to work for the 2000 versions I installed after uninstalling the trial version of Office 2003. I get the notice that a more recent update has already been applied even though it has not when I try...

Screen Font suddenly tiny after last update
After the last auto update a few weeks ago my Outlook 2007 started displaying the body text as small as dots when composing new or forwarded emails and comments in calendar items. In order to read them I must select and increase font size to at least 72, and then return it to 11 (unrecognisable) before I send. When these emails are received they appear normal size (unless I forget to set it back to 11 from 72 !!) Messages in my inbox appear normal. I thought I would wait for a quick fix as I was certain the problem was not mine alone, but so far nothing. I have just today gone i...