Re: How to adjust monitor screen in Windows 7?

 How to adjust my monitor screen in Windows 7 - 64 bit version? My 22 inch
LCD resolution setting is 1600x1024, but what should be a circle on the
screen appeares as an vertical oval. What solution can mend this
inconvenience.  Many thanks for your help!  Janine

0
Janine

"Janine" <jiffy@live.nl> wrote in message
> How to adjust my monitor screen in Windows 7 - 64 bit version? My 22
> inch LCD resolution setting is 1600x1024, but what should be a
> circle on the screen appeares as an vertical oval. What solution can
> mend this inconvenience.  Many thanks for your help!  Janine
Native resolution for many (most?) 22" LCD is 1680x1050, I'd give that
a go and see what it looks like.

--
Zaphod

Arthur Dent, speaking to Trillian about Zaphod:
"So, two heads is what does it for a girl?"
"...Anything else he's got two of?"

0
Zaphod
5/24/2010 6:57:20 PM

"Zaphod Beeblebrox" <Zaphod.Arisztid.Beeblebrox@gmail.com> schreef in
bericht news:htei6j$d69$1@news.eternal-september.org...

> "Janine" <jiffy@live.nl> wrote in message
>> How to adjust my monitor screen in Windows 7 - 64 bit version? My 22 inch
>> LCD resolution setting is 1600x1024, but what should be a circle on the
>> screen appeares as an vertical oval. What solution can mend this
>> inconvenience.  Many thanks for your help!  Janine
> Native resolution for many (most?) 22" LCD is 1680x1050, I'd give that a
> go and see what it looks like.
>
> --
 Zaphod, thanks for bothering!

I gave it a try but no result. I remember from the past that there is a
setting in Windows to fix this problem but I have forgotten it  alas.
Janine.

0
Janine
5/25/2010 12:05:19 PM
"Janine" <jiffy@live.nl> wrote:

>"Zaphod Beeblebrox" <Zaphod.Arisztid.Beeblebrox@gmail.com> schreef in
>bericht news:htei6j$d69$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>>
>> "Janine" <jiffy@live.nl> wrote in message
>>> How to adjust my monitor screen in Windows 7 - 64 bit version? My 22 inch
>>> LCD resolution setting is 1600x1024, but what should be a circle on the
>>> screen appeares as an vertical oval. What solution can mend this
>>> inconvenience.  Many thanks for your help!  Janine
>> Native resolution for many (most?) 22" LCD is 1680x1050, I'd give that a
>> go and see what it looks like.
>>
>> --
> Zaphod, thanks for bothering!
>
>I gave it a try but no result. I remember from the past that there is a
>setting in Windows to fix this problem but I have forgotten it  alas.
>Janine.

Right-click the desktop, choose Properties, click the "Settings" tab.
That's where you tell the video adapter what resolution to use.
Experiment until you get what you want.

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T@bls.gov

"Tim Slattery" <Slattery_T@bls.gov> wrote in message
> "Janine" <jiffy@live.nl> wrote:
>

> >"Zaphod Beeblebrox" <Zaphod.Arisztid.Beeblebrox@gmail.com> schreef in
> >bericht news:htei6j$d69$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> >>
> >> "Janine" <jiffy@live.nl> wrote in message
> >> Native resolution for many (most?) 22" LCD is 1680x1050, I'd give that
> >> go and see what it looks like.
> >>
> >> --
> > Zaphod, thanks for bothering!
> >
> >I gave it a try but no result. I remember from the past that there is a
> >setting in Windows to fix this problem but I have forgotten it  alas.
> >Janine.
>
> Right-click the desktop, choose Properties, click the "Settings" tab.
> That's where you tell the video adapter what resolution to use.
> Experiment until you get what you want.
>
> --
> Tim Slattery
> Slattery_T@bls.gov
> http://members.cox.net/slatteryt

0
GS

Very odd Modeless Dialog Window Size problem
Hello community, I have a very strange problem with the size of a modeless dialog window (it actually is a status window derived from CDialog). The dialog window is inside an own UI thread in a dll. I have written the all of the dll, but not the application calling my dll. I do not have the source of the application, neither a handle to its window. When I debug my dll, I have set the executable for the debug session in VC++, so VC++ runs the application when I press F5. In this case, the dialog window looks fine. However, when I start the application from the start menu (not from VC++), the...

Visual Studio 7 project subfolders #3
I know this may not be the exact group to ask this in, but in VS6.0 I used to be able to create subfolders within a project to keep my classes divided up conveniently. I just got VS7, however, and i can't seem to find any way to create subfolders. I can create subfolders for an entire SOLUTION, but not within a project. Am I missing or forgetting something here? Thanks! Duy Lam ...

pxa27x_lcd driver screen displaced
Hi everybody!! I am developing an image for a pxa270, which has a 640*480 screen. The driver I am using is the pxa27x_lcd.dll, but the screen is displayed displaced. I mean, the left corner is hidden, and in the right hand there=B4s an empty area. It seems to be like an offset in the screen placement on the display. Is the driver configured incorrectly??Is there something missing or incorrect in the registry??? Please helppp!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the attention. Best regards! On 3/15/2010 6:09 PM, Julen wrote: > Hi everybody!! > > I am developing an image for a pxa2...

Scripted font installer issue with Window 7
From various sources including this newgroup, I have pieced together a font install scritp that runs as a call from our login script. (code is below) The fonts to be installed are in a folder and the script checks for the file name in the Font folder. If it does not exist, the font is copied in and installed. Works fine on the XP machines but the Windows 7 machines have added an interesting twist. The font gets installed but the file gets renamed. But only on some fonts. I have two questions. 1) Does anyone know why or can direct me to a better location to ask why the file is auto...

Windows Mobile and Exchange stress
I was just wondering if anyone has any information on the amount of stress having Windows Mobile users puts on an Exchange server in comparison to Blackberry. We are currently using BES 4.0, but we will be moving to Windows Mobile soon. I know in the past we have heard that for every Blackberry user, it is the equivalent of having 3-4 more Exchange users. Anyone know about how they compare? Thanks I dont know any specfics but I cannot imagine its any more resource intensive that someone making a connection using OWA, Outlook, etc. In other words, its less stress than BES users with ...

How can I view all of my tabs in one screen? Can I layer them?
Afraid not. You can make the display wider, but invariably at some point it is not wide enough. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Angelica" <Angelica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:442BF163-9C71-41CB-B2C5-A5952CBCCE4A@microsoft.com... > One trick I use..........I have a workbook with 36 Sheets, I hide them all and create a new one (not hidden) named MainMenu and make an attractive list of all of them and create macros to each just by clicking on the name..............then on each sheet, I put a "Return to MainMenu" button which hides the sheet ag...

RE: Licensing...
I have three servers on my network. One with exchange on a Small business Server 2003, the other two with Enterprise. Every 60mn the Exchange server turns off. No one can connect to it to get their emails. On one of the Enterprise servers the message " One or more controllers do not meet the licensing requirements." shows up. Following that message another message saying "The server SERVER will shutdown in 60 minutes"; then its says the same but 30 minutes and after words they turn off. So how do I find out: >> Which one has no license? >> >> What do I d...

Exporting money 8 to money 7
Hi, As the old treasurer I used Money version 8 for our tennis club accounts. The new treasurer has 7 on Money99 SE. I sent him my money file and he got the message "file corrupted", yet I opened the same file from the email and it was ok. I then tried the EXPORT, loose QIF .. but it was only 1 kb. Is that correct? exporting from Money 2000 v8 to Money99 v7 >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >As the old treasurer I used Money version 8 for our tennis >club accounts. The new treasurer has 7 on Money99 SE. I >sent him my money file and he got the message "...

IE 7 Temporary Internet Files.
I would like to set the default amount of disk space used for temporary internet files for all new user accounts that log on to a PC. How can I do this? Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. Does each user have their own Windows User Account/Profile? -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 Mick wrote: > I would like to set the default amount of disk spa...

Split screen #2
How can I show two excel screens at the same time? Half of each, side by side? Thanks in advance, Ed English Ed, From the menu : Window / Arrange -- Regards, Auk Ales * Please reply to this newsgroup only * * I will not react on unsolicited e-mails * "Ed" <ee15803@att.net> wrote in message news:3fc36fa5.12792214@netnews.worldnet.att.net... > How can I show two excel screens at the same time? Half of each, side > by side? Thanks in advance, > > Ed English Ed First, you'll need to select Window/New to create a new window to 'arrange' with!! ...

how do I import files from windows xp outlook express to windows vista?
How do I import my files from windows XP outlook-express to Windows Vista. Thanks! Import messages into Windows Mail from Outlook Express. Migrate from Outlook Express to Windows Mail: http://www.vista4beginners.com/Migrate-from-Outlook-Express-to-Windows-Mail Importing from Outlook Express [Under the Windows Mail section]: http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx Visit the Windows Mail Newsgroup In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail On the Web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.publi...

Inventory Adjustment with Lot Number
How do you remove a quantity from inventory for an item that uses lot numbers. Currently the Stock Status reports shows a quantity of 167 but it should say zero. I tried doing an inventory adjustment and I had to create a new lot number. It posted through ok, but when I check the Stock Status report, the item is still there showing 167. I'm stumped. bump "Shelleyb57" wrote: > How do you remove a quantity from inventory for an item that uses lot > numbers. Currently the Stock Status reports shows a quantity of 167 but it > should say zero. I tried doing an invent...

Windows Offic
Is their any way I can install Office on XP? At one time I had Office 2003 and now I have Office 2007. I can't find my program for Office 2003. -- Don M "dandydon1" <dandydon1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > Is their any way I can install Office on XP? At one time > I had Office 2003 and now I have Office 2007. I can't > find my program for Office 2003. There should not be any technical problem installing Office 2007 on Windows XP. Some, however, would say that you might do well to exert extra effort to find your Office 2003, because t...

Tooltips don't appear in Crystal Report Control in VC6/7
Could someone kindly tell me how I can view tooltips created in Crystal Reports 8.5 using a Crystal Report Control (NOT the Crystal Report Viewer Control) ActiveX Object in VC++. Currently I am able to view the crystal reports using the Crystal Report Control from a Dialog based VC++ application, but I have been unsuccessful in making the tooltips appear (even though the tooltips appear fine when opening the report using the crystal report software) Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. CD ...

Password protection
I have apprx 21 user prompts set up for Outlook 2007. My questions are: 1) is there a limit of profiles, that can be set up? 2) if I use a PST password - can it be the same as the profile password? 3) I am correct in saying that when I get prompted for the profile to use - it will prompt me for both the PST and Profile password? John D Leonard -- Sage <sage.grp@comcast.net> wrote: > I have apprx 21 user prompts set up for Outlook 2007. > > My questions are: > 1) is there a limit of profiles, that can be set up? I've never heard of one. > 2) if I use a PST pass...

Re: Stop next cell being selected on Enter
I don't know why Excel reacts this way, but when the worksheet is protected, make sure that the user is allowed to select both locked and unlocked cells. They still won't be able to make changes to the locked cells, but this will prevent the cursor from moving. "Ken G." <KenG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:517AD5C2-AB5C-4BA5-A832-9DC74B4BEEB5@microsoft.com... > I have a sheet which has only 3 input cells, but only one input cell is > required for a user in a given state. I've disabled the "move selection after > enter" function ...

Suppress disable/enable macros window
Is it possible when opening a spreadsheet with macros to have it default to 'enable macros' so that the window does not appear? Thanks! Hi this would require to set the security level to 'low' which I wouldn't recommend. This is meant as a security feature :-) "CM" wrote: > Is it possible when opening a spreadsheet with macros to have it default to > 'enable macros' so that the window does not appear? > > Thanks! CM Before setting my security to "low" and running the risk of virus infection, I would investigate the use of a ...

How to create image of windows ce 5.0???
hi i am newbee in the windows ce 5.0 .i have a system which have a windows ce 5.0 i want to store the image of the windows that is installed on the system.you can chcek the system as bellow http://wintec.en.alibaba.com/product/277764863-200077449/Mobile_Touch_POS_IDT600.html i want to store the system image file(NK.bin) to a desktop computer for backup purpose .Is there any software for windows ce 5.0 that can generate Nk.bin file during runing of windows (like Ghost software). waiting for reply thanks ref: http://codeconnect.net/microsoft-news.windowsce-platbuilder ...

Doing windows updates on SBS 2003
not sure if this is the wrong forum, but we use our SBS 2003 for exchange server and active sync. Thier are a few updates on the task bar that keep popping up and I want to do the updates, but i will have to do them on an evening when people arent here so it can restart and in case thier are problems. I am afraid of doing those windows updates because if something jacks up i might not know how to fix it... (i know alot about computers just not alot about servers).... I was just curious how some of other companies do updates, i heard they have a mirrored server that they do the updates on (a...

Exchange Standard 16gb size limit monitoring
I hit the 16gb limit the other day in my Exchange Standard installation. I figured out how to fix the problem (dismount and use ESutil), but I don't want to hit that size limitation again. Is there a free script or tool out there to notify me when the size hits 15gb? Where can I find out the size of the Storage group? "JohnS" <JohnSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ud07%23WkjFHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I hit the 16gb limit the other day in my Exchange Standard installation. I >figured out how to fix the problem (dismount and use ESutil), but ...

making adjustment for the start bar on the side of the screen
I want my 2 windows to be tiled vertically. Window1 is on the left and needs 25% of the screen Window2 is on the right and needs 75% of the screen I've done this with something like the code below, but this doesn't take into account if the user has the start bar on the side. Is there a way to tell if it is, and how many pixels it's taking up? thanks, southernatheart lngHorizontal = System.HorizontalResolution lngVertical = System.VerticalResolution 'RESIZE THE EXISTING DOCUMENT Application.WindowState = wdWindowStateNormal Application.Move Left:=0.2 * lngHorizon...

Re: Excel Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C5D5BA.A8732940 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some sheets 1;2;3;4; ETC................. I would like the new page list release with one botton: A1-nome de sheet A2-Date(C50:C80) A3-Import (D50:D90) Best regards "Jerry W. Lewis" <post_a_reply@no_e-mail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio=20 news:43539E9F.2080605@no_e-mail.com... >I am still not entirely clear about what you are trying to do, but the=20 >=3DCELL("address...

Re: Creating .VDX files outside visio
Chris Roth's presentation covers writing out XML that can be opened in Visio. Can you be more specific about what you need to do? -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Narendra Wagh" <narendra.wagh@yagnaiq.com> wrote in message news:... > Message-ID: <8f8f457eccc2478a8bf11d34b6c8e9c8@newspe.com> > X-Mailer: http://www.umailcampaign.com, ip log:220.225.36.247 > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.visio > NNTP-Posting-Host: 22.bb.5446.static.theplanet...

\Windows\Installer purged after partition restore
After doing a format and restore (using a program that preserves time stamps and short file names) of a Windows XP partition, the first instance of any windows upgrade or driver upgrade (or re-isntall) will end up deleteing all existing files and folders in \Windows\Installer After this occurs, if I restore \Windows\Installer from the backup a second time, using drag and drop via explorer, the problem is solved. The same problem exists in Windows XP 64 bit version. The workaround I use now is to do the restore, then reinstall my video driver, which results in the purge of \Win...

Outlook 2007 and Windows Desktop Search Crash
Two of my users are on Windows XP running Outlook 2007 and Windows Desktop Search 3.1. Whenever either of them try to search in Outlook, Outlook locks up and then crashes. These same applications work on everyone else's computers here. I tried a repair install of Office and reinstalled Desktop Search with no luck. Anybody have any ideas? Tim wrote: > Two of my users are on Windows XP running Outlook 2007 and Windows > Desktop Search 3.1. Whenever either of them try to search in Outlook, > Outlook locks up and then crashes. These same applications work on > everyon...