Printing multiple pages

Maybe not a Vista thing. I'm trying to print 4 pages of the same document on
one sheet of A - i.e.. 4 x A6 on one page.

I am choosing 'Multiple pages per sheet' from the Page Handling>Page Scaling
drop down menu and 4 pages per sheet..

However the preview window shows only one page in the top left corner, and
this is what actually prints instead of 4.

Can anyone help or point me to a more suitable group pse?

0
Trevor

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 20:02:11 -0000, "Trevor"
<trevor@nospam@woldsweather.co.uk> wrote:

>Maybe not a Vista thing. I'm trying to print 4 pages of the same document on
>one sheet of A - i.e.. 4 x A6 on one page.
>
>I am choosing 'Multiple pages per sheet' from the Page Handling>Page Scaling
>drop down menu and 4 pages per sheet..
>
>However the preview window shows only one page in the top left corner, and
>this is what actually prints instead of 4.
>
>Can anyone help or point me to a more suitable group pse?

Sounds like more of a printer driver issue. You might try the
manufacturer's web site for a KB on using it on Vista, or perhaps for
upgrading the driver. There are some usenet printer groups, but they
tend towards hardware issues instead of software.

0
Bob

Drilldown.htm page size
Hi, I have created a custom button to show this page. I would like the page to be full screen, rather than just fitting into RMS window. I can do this by selecting 'internal html window' when creating the custom button. But when i do this, the page does not work. Can anybody help me in making the page bigger. Thanks Dave This page needs to be loaded in the transaction screen as you found out. The only way of making this bigger is by making everything else smaller. i.e. Custom Buttons, Function Keys and the Status Bar. To do this you need to press Shift+F6 click on the Transa...

Cant send urls, pages
Just upgraded from 2002 to 2003. Now I can not send interesting websites to friends, associates, or send links the way I used to. I went in and adjusted several security levels to no avail. It is probably something simple but I am not seeing it ~Thank Michele Katmido <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Just upgraded from 2002 to 2003. Now I can not send interesting > websites to friends, associates, or send links the way I used to. I > went in and adjusted several security levels to no avail. Include the URL in a plain text message and it will get through. Don...

extra pages on reports
hello all. I have the same issue with 2 reports that I have created. They both have sub-reports attached to them. The problem is that each report has a blank page in addition to the report. How can I delete the blank page from the report format? Any help would be appreciated. ...

printing with freeze panes
I have columns A through AA with data. if I have a freeze on column be and slide to the right I can see columns A, B and AW, AX, AY, AZ how can I print what I am seeing - instead of hiding the columns B thru AU? If the range to print were contiguous (no gaps), then you could select the range and print the selected area. But since you have two areas, I think you'll have to hide those columns. If you have to do it lots of times, record a macro when you: hide the columns print unhide the columns Then you can rerun the macro whenever you want to do it again. jenn wro...

Background color on a tab page with XP theme
I have a dialog with a tab control on it. Tab pages are created from dialog resources. When the tab control displays, the tabs are "white" and the background of the tab pages is the COLOR_BTNFACE color. When I call EnableThemeDialogTexture for the dialog page object, now the background of the dialog appears to be "white" while the tab page has a white gradient getting darker toward the bottom. This leaves an outline around where my dialog resource is being displayed. How do I get the gradient to come out right? Do I need to call DrawThemeBackground on the page?...

Search for mail in multiple PST files
I have about 90 pst files that I need to search for mail with about a dozen terms and phrases. Outlook will only allow you to search one pst at a time, and I've tried Google Desktop and MS Desktop Search and they are not effectively indexing all the emails, but even if they did I cannot effectively export the results to a file. Does anyone know of a utility or method that would work best for this? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011415261033.aspx or http://zyfind.com/products_technology/productsheets/ZyFIND%20for%20Outlook.pdf -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange...

Page Break in Access Report
How do I get rid of the last page break in a report? The last page of my report is always followed by a blank page. Hi CC, How many pages is your report? If it is normally only one page, then the last page would be page 2. One possible cause of this symptom is having a report that is too wide. For example, if you are printing Portrait, on 8 1/2" X 11" paper, the following applies: 8.5 <= Left Margin + Report Width + Right Margin If your report is more than one page of data, and the sum of the above three settings is greater than 8.5 inches, then the classic sympto...

Code Page problem in SetWindowText
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C7EFB3.937325D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I've created a MFC project in MBCS. I need to show some set special = characters ( ASCII code > 128) in a CStatic controls. It shows correctly = in all English locale window. However all those special character = becames "?" in non-English window. How to solve this problem? Here's = part of my source code void MySprcialCharacterDlg::OnUpdate() { TCHAR stringToShow[10]; Ze...

Page Numbering #17
Hi, I'm working on my first newsletter using Publisher 2003. It is going well, but I have a confusing problem with page numbering. The newsletter is four pages long. I took the original page numbers off, and made new text boxes for the title and page #. Page 1 is fine (and not numbered) Page 4 is fine. But page 2 and 3 keep changing back and forth. If I save page 2, page 3 becomes page 2 also. Same if I save page 3 - page 2 changes back to page 3. I've tried everythinig I can think of. Any ideas? Thanks -- LeslieJ You are changing the Master page, by doing so you are ...

Autopopulate Multiple Fields in Table Using a Form
I have a form based on a table where I want to store data. The data to store comes from combo boxes based on various lookup tables. The wrinkle is that there is one lookup table that contains 2 fields of data (questionnum and question) I want stored in the table once the questionnum is selected. The question field is formatted as 'memo'. When I create the combo box the question field is not an option for selection. I add it manually to the properties after completing the criteria for the combo box. I have been struggling with the code used to autopopulate more than one field but...

Converting from page-layout program to Word
I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2003. I have a document that was formatted for some ancient page-layout program that won't even run under Windows XP, so I'd like to put it all into Word. It's currently in a tag-style format; for example, to italicize some section, it needs surrounding tags, like this: <W0I>Passage to be italicized.<D> The document is huge, so I need to use Replace all to turn all of these into italics in Word. Is there a way to turn such passages, wherever they occur, into italicized text in Word, dropping the tags on either sid...

invoicing with multiple bin
Why invoicing can not be used while using multiple bin in inventory? what does it mean? thanks Ala’a, Unfortunately invoicing module simply does not support inventory bins, you need either to disable your inventory bins from “Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Setup >> Inventory >> Inventory Control” “Enable Multiple Bins checkbox” or to use Sales Order Processing instead to generate your invoices. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohda...

Selecting A single Month From a Table with Multiple Months
The following code is used as the criteria in a selct query for a date field: >=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-1,1) And <=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0) It has worked fine until the table included records from January 2010, database was created in 2009. Is there a fix or a better way to accomplish the intent? Not sure what your problem is the expressions you have return the first and last day of the prior month. So this is February 3, 2010 and the expression return 1/1/2010 and 1/31/2010. What do you want returned? What is the problem you are ha...

Print multiple pages per Sheet in Excel 2003
I have a spreadsheet with 12 rows that goes for many columns ( with formulas). Is there a way to print this where three pages are on each piece of paper? How about inserting a new worksheet, then copying and pasting (as values) to that new sheet. Then print that "helper" worksheet. If you have to do this lots, this may be worth the trouble. Insert a new sheet. select a nice range on the original sheet Edit|copy go to the new worksheet shift-edit|Paste picture link Repeat so that you have pictures of the ranges so it prints the way you want. Then print this helper worksheet. Th...

Errors exist in the page of http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx
So i can't save my options. When i open the IE browse, it will always pop up this page. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running in the background when you inst...

Printing Tent Cards
I'm using Word 2003 & trying to print several tent cards with a single name on them. The first three printed fine and were centered. All of a sudden, they're printing to the left, but not quite left justified. What happened? How do I fix this? Thanks Maybe you accidentally touched a key combination that changed to left- justify, and your paragraph style has an indent? Turn on Show Non-Printing Characters (Ctrl-Shift-8) to be sure you don't have stray spaces or tabs or something before the line, and be sure to use the correct paragraph style (are you using a d...

Multiple Pivot Tables based on the same data
I have two pivot tables based on the same source. However, each table is unique in how it shows the date. The first shows all thirty days of the month. The second groups the date in 10 day increments. The first table is summed data while the other is averaged data. When I try to set up the second table to group, it also groups the first table even though its' on a different sheet. I remember being able to do this in version 2003. What have I overlooked? Thanks Phil In xl2003, I could create the pivottables as separate entities. I created the first PT and then sta...

Excel Sum with multiple (over 2 criteria)
I've been trying to get this to work for several hours and am at my wits ends. I have a data table with one column of numberical data that i need to sum based upon three or more critria contained in other columns. The data represents investments and their market values. I have named each of the columns with a range name. THe critria as described by their range names and examples of each are : Country - USA, Great Britain, Japan, etc. Currency - USD, EUR, GBP, JPY Type - Bond, Loan, Equity long_short - Long, Short I will do many different formulas once I have one that works. ...

Printing a small publication
I am using Publisher 2000. I have made a small publication consisting of 8 pages size A5. Now I want to print say 3 copies of the publication I have a standard Minolta Magicolor 2430 laser printer, which can only print on one side of the A4 paper (no duplex printing) When I select page 1 and CtrlP, Active page, 3 copies, uncheck sets (I do not know the English term, but I get all page 1 and then all page 2 etc.) and finally OK, the printer prints 3 sheet with page 1 and page 8. (side by side filling the A4 sheet) Now I want to print pages 2 and 7 on the other side of page 1 and 8 by inse...

Excel worksheet saved as web page--trouble printing
I have an worksheet that uses a graphic for a background, which I hav also saved in HTML using the Save as a Web Page option. The web pag looks great--but just like the excel background graphic, th "background" graphic in the webpage won't print out for me. Is there any way to fix this so that the graphic will print when print the web page? Thanks--Ki -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com check the background printing options within the tools, options menu and also the printer properties. hope that helped. >-----Original Message----- >I have an workshee...

Printing a User Form
I have a user form using columns A-V in Excel which scrolls down to Row 200. Each row contains customer details in the colums A to V e.g, Name/Address/ Contact Numbers/ Age etc. As I scroll down the list of custermers their details appear in the relevant boxes on the User Form. Is it possible when a customers details fill in the relevant boxes that I can print the User Form with just their details. I hane placed a Command Button ( Print ) on the User Form however cannot get it to print. Any help would be much appreciated. Hi Mully, > I hane placed a Command Button ( Print ) on the...

How do I print save as files?
Someone sent me an excel spreadsheet. I made some corrections and saved it in the save as option. Now its in OLKD and I can not print it or send it back to the customer with the corrections because it can not open. I am totally new at this.Please can someone help me open it for review and to print and maybe move it? Thanks in Advance.Molly You didn't do a Save As and change the directory. It was a temp directory and may or may not be available. If there's any hope, this is it: http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How...

how can i print the screen with my inbox messages
i would like to print off my outlook inbx screen so that I can try to analse what is needed. analyse what is needed? What do you mean? -- Bill Rodgers MVP "mrs h" <mrs h@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CE41A55-09D9-42F9-85E3-78D8A96C5194@microsoft.com... >i would like to print off my outlook inbx screen so that I can try to >analse > what is needed. mrs h <mrs h@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i would like to print off my outlook inbx screen so that I can try > to analse what is needed. While viewing the window you want,...

Import data from a web page
I've read the suggestions about this topic and none of them work. The only thing I am able to do is manually copy and paste data from a website to my Excel worksheet. In the past, with the previous version of Excel I had a web query that worked but now I just get an error message that says the query retrieved no data. Following the instructions in the error message window yields no results. Has anyone else had this problem and arrived at a solution? What version of Excel, previous version is not descriptive of what you had what you have now. And it possibly does not matter. In...

Printing fast on a dot matrix printer
How does one print fast on a dot matrix printer without any doule print or draft ourput which does not appear on the print properties when you select Epson dot matrix printer. There are 17 columns in a report that I want to print but without any double printing or printing the same line twice.(I have suceeded in doing that) i.e in quick mode. One could easily do that in lotus1-2-3. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks -- LEARNING MS OFFICE THOROUGHLLY ...