NEW LAPTOPS & LCD's CAN HAVE A BAD REFLECTION PROBLEM - HERE IS ANSWER

Since a couple years ago, there're 2 types of LCD coatings.
Many new consumer laptops come with "BriteView" (also known as "Glossy")
which makes them look STUNNING shiny - an eye candy as long as you see it in
a store.  But when you use for professional purposes you'll find reflections
can offset the benefit of "BriteView's "looking cool"

The traditional coating until "BriteView" was forced upon us, was
"Antiglare" (also known as "Matte"), the good news they both co-exist.

Which oen you prefer is a matter of taste when you order custom
computers/displays or pick one at a physical store.

As of "BriteView" which do appeal to many consumers at eleast in a store's
dimmed lighting:
The best thing when you use it yourself (not in store) is to vastly reduce
the amount of ambient lighting in your room/office, and don't use outdoors.
'BriteView" is beautiful when I work (usually) at night w/low or no ambient
lighting.  In the office when moving in I developed a routine of opening
overhead lighing fixture and removing at least 50% of Fluorecsent tubes, and
as an Engineer I've been lucky to be allowed such drastic action (or even
remove all lights and use natural-light desklight).

HP & a few other LCD integrators pionered "BriteView', then other
manufacturers
picked up  Note that neither HP nor other computer makers like Dell, Asus,
Apple/McBook make LCD
panels themselves, instead panels are made by a handful of Asian mfg's - LG,
Samsung,
NEC and a few others; so the myriad of MANY different LCD displays on the
market
is actually are nothing more than a handful of LCD panel models#'s
repackaged into different housings, knobs/buttons/FIRMWARE i.e. packaging.
The panels themselves are few on the market, as far as consumer 15-24inch
market is concerned, and as of today 10June2010.

Anyway.
next time when you buy a laptop or display, check whethe it's
"BriteView"/Glossy or
AntiGlare/Matte.

Some manufacturerss call these by different names, but you get the idea?
It's either Matte or Reflective
When you buy from HP website for example, you're given a choice of which LCD
coating you prefer when you build a customized computer, stock
(pre-configured) machiens don't give you that choice.

As of professionals like myself, who spends a LIFE in front of
computers/displays, we don't bother with any such "Glossy" gimmicks that
appeals to regular consumers.  In case you didn't know many Electronics
stores clerks neither have education nor intelligence to understand some
basics, but it's actually a result of consumers also not beign educated.
What do I mean?  I mean this:
They set Imaging devices e.g. TV's, computer monitors, LCDpanels/etc to
maximum possible Brightness+Contrast.  They THINK bright things sell better,
and unfortunately it's true.  That they lose resoltuion caused by pixel
"interbleeding", sharply increase amount of EM field intensity & thus
chances of CANCER, and simply hurt eyes is unknown to them.  This is similar
to shiny objects that attracted our prehistoric ancestors so only few
consumers know what NOT to buy - fake shiny things or balloney electronics
(have you seen new Car Stereos with dancing animation and multiple bright
backlights, and how many BLUE LED's are installed on the fornt panel to keep
you awake at night wondering 'wow so many blue lights").

So "BriteView" came into existance as one of the sideeffects of the above.
This covers Consumer market, but Professional market remains more educated.

Many professional monitors still come in "Matte" ("Antiglare') coating.  A
videogame maynot look as cool as on "BriteView" but you get work done more
efficiently & w/o eyestrain.

We professionals use IPS professional displays which cost alot, but there's
a new breed of IPS
professional monitors which have broken even $300 barrier, not to mention
$1500 that previous pro-IPS used ot cost.
Check this:
HP ZR22W.  This monitor is Matte (not "BriteView') and is under $300 at
CostCentral.com (even cheaper than Amazon or HPwbsite direct because
CostCentral buys in volume).

HP ZR22W.
This is a BLOCKBUSTER monitor for people who do work and not games on
computers.
Such as CAD/CAM, Graphic Art, Photo.  Bu tnot video - IPS panels are too
slow for very fast videogaming.scenes.

If you plan to get an external display, this is not a monster but a
comfortable 22inch display that was just offered a few weeks ago:
HP ZR22W

=========================
Stanley Starinski
Web:      www.Interengineers.org  www.Nanoinfocenter.com   Currently OFF for
maintenance
Consulting Engineer (EE+ME, ECAD+MCAD [3D/2D]), R&D + Prototype,
Embedded/Firmware ["C" or ASM for Microcontrollers], computers).

0
Stan

Ramble on drunk as usual.  Take your medication please.
0
Epsom
6/7/2010 7:36:57 PM
Kevin Panzke is less useful than dry dogshlt

Kevin's purpose in life is to respond to each Newsgroup posting with
cretinic comments which most people killfiled long ago or delete after
viewingfirst 1-2 words.

The result of applyign certain filters is that we can see Stan Starinski's
postings, which are good.
But not see your postings, which are shlt.

HAHAHAHAHAH

0
Ibrahim
6/7/2010 8:47:32 PM
On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 16:45:14 -0500, "Ibrahim Al-Qassam \(Abdelaziz\)"
<IranWillRuleWorld@alibaba.ir> wrote:

>Kevin Panzke is less useful than dry dogshlt
>
>Kevin's purpose in life is to respond to each Newsgroup posting with
>cretinic comments which most people killfiled long ago or delete after
>viewingfirst 1-2 words.
>
>The result of applyign certain filters is that we can see Stan Starinski's
>postings, which are good.
>But not see your postings, which are shlt.
>
>HAHAHAHAHAH

Your God is going to kill you .
0
Jim

Can't open a Publisher 2K file in Publisher 2002, edit text only .
Why can't I open an existing Publisher 2000 file with Publisher 2002, then make minor text edits and re-save the file in Publisher 2000 without getting the error message, "There is a picture on page 1 that is too large to be converted to previous versions of Publisher." Publisher 2000 did not use compression... PUB2000: File Size Increases Unexpectedly When You Insert Picture http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;253973 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Art Frustrated with Publisher...

Have to set up exchange account details in outlook for new users manually
Hello, I'm quite new to AD + Exchange so please forgive any stupid questions. When I create a new user in AD I am able to create a mailbox in exchange for the user at the same time. However, I then have to log on as the user, and am prompted to configure the email account details in Outlook. Is there a way (and I'm sure there is) the Outlook details can be completed automatically please? Am using Windows Server + Exchange 2003. Clients connect via Citrix. Thanks Ricki On 10 Mar 2007 10:04:51 -0800, "Coopa" <ricki.cooper@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I'...

Problem in Notes and article.
When I open Notes and Article in a case I often experience that the text is gone. If I close the case and reopen it the text written in Notes and Article is shown again. Any suggestion why this is happening and how I resolve this problem? Best regards Niels Weldingh ...

Money 2005 rounding problem on IRA's
Hi, When I set up my Roth IRA on Money 2005, my $2,000 investment becomes $1999.99. Is this a rounding problem, and how do I fix it? Thanks, Gary You don't really give enough information to answer for sure. (Was it one investment or multiple? What was it invested in? Is it an Investment Account? Etc.) Probably the way you fix it--given my guess of what your issue is--would be to edit the buy transaction and delete the share price and reenter the total value. You may have to delete all four of shares, share price, total value and commission and then go back and re-enter everyth...

Problems With Excel Spreadsheet
Hello, I am having problems with an Excel 2000 spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is very large, and when I leave the spreadsheet open for about 10 minutes, 12 of the rows, accross the page of the spreadsheet will collapse or overlap. I will close the spreadsheet, making no changes and reopen the spreadsheet and the spreadsheet look normal. What could be causing the collapse or overlapping of the rows? Thank You Video driver up to date? Check the manufacurers web site for more current version. Possible the system is attempting to start the screen saver and failing? tompenn wrote: > Hell...

Moving spreadsheet rows with photos Problems in Excel 2007
I have an inventory worksheet in Excel 2002. There is a photo in one cell in each row that needs to move with the row. I formatted each photo to move and size with cell, and had no problems. Have just had to change to Excel 2007. I can move the row by cut and insert cut cells, and the photo moves with it. BUT the problem comes with the rows above the cut cells - the photos move down into the blank row left by the cut row when moving to another sheet- so the photos left are not with their original rows and descriptions. I have looked at all the options that I can find (steep learning...

upgraded to office pro can't open outlook
I just uninstalled office basic and loaded office xp pro. I have xp media running on my machine. I can't open outlook. every time I try I get the following: Cannot start microsoft outlook. Unable to display the selected folder or item. could not open the item. try again. That is when I try to open outlook from start menu under the explorer icon. If I go to all programs and try to start it that way, I get: Unable to open your default email folders could not open the item try again. I click ok and get: would you like to open your default file system folder instead? I click no it all goes awa...

old emails not in standard not retreived for new Outlook installat
emails stored in folders that were not Inbox, Sent, etc were not found and retrieved for a new Outlook 2007 installation. "rogers at cuvinc" <rogers at cuvinc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98A737DB-E43E-4CA6-A6E6-9625869BAF82@microsoft.com... > emails stored in folders that were not Inbox, Sent, etc were not found and > retrieved for a new Outlook 2007 installation. And what type of email account are we talking about here? It all depends on how you backed up and restored your Outlook data. Do you still have access to your original pst...

Outlook 2003 News Reader problems
I'm having problems getting the news reader to work with Outlook 2003 Professional.... It works once and then fails and seems to point to this directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033 That is when it shows up in the Go menu... most of the time the link is not there... Any ideas... I hate having to use OX to view newsgroups... sort of defeats the purpose... Steve You hate "having to use OX to view newsgroups?" What did you think you were using before? OE has always been the news reader for Outlook. Configure it as such in Control Panel > Internet option...

Interesting problem encountered (Restore)
Hello all Running exchange 2003 sp1 on windows 2003. I recently restored an online backup from last night to a RSG on the exchange box. This all went well. I then had to recover a mailbox from the RSG that had been purged from the original DB, (this mailbox is on the tape) To recover this mailbox I created a new storage group, and a maibox store in the storage group. Once this was done i copied the RSG databse to the newly created storage group and mailbox store. I waited a few minutes for replication, and then mounted the store. I could see the milbox that i need to recover, i right c...

Money 2005 & Gainskeeper Problem
I upgraded to Money 2005 Small Business Edition. I also signed up for the 1 year free Grainskeeper offer. A probelm exits when trying to import mutual fund activity from Money 2005 into Gainskeeper. The Gainskeeper program only recognizes stock equity transactions and not mutual fund transactions. Any and all help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks--JJ ...

can't delete record
I am trying to use a command button on a form to delete the current record displayed on the form. The record has several related fields in other tables, but I believe I have successfully deleted all related records with delete queries. When I run the code DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDeleteRecord the confirm delete message comes up, and after clicking through it the form goes blank, appearing like a successful deletion. No error messages. However the record is still in the table. In table view there isn’t any problem deleting the record in question i.e. no related records. I’ve tried using a w...

OWA, Can View Folder/Mail, but Cannot Send.. Why ?
When using OWA, I can View my Emails on the company's 5.5 SP4 Exchange Server, I can use Find Name, and it will Search.. But I cannot send an Email, I get a window that pops up and says: "Failed to Send Item" Thanks... my_email@is_private.com (XP User) wrote in news:aFtYb.86583$cE3.30504327 @news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net: > When using OWA, I can View my Emails on > the company's 5.5 SP4 Exchange Server, I can > use Find Name, and it will Search.. > > But I cannot send an Email, I get a window that pops > up and says: "Failed to Send Item&quo...

help with crazy problem
Hi, I'm building an application using MFC in Visual Studio 2003 on an XP machine. I am building the executable to use MFC as a static library. I use API calls somewhat liberally in the app. When I copy the app over to a Win98SE test system and attempt to run it, a call to CreateFile fails with the error code 87 (ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER). I have tried every combination of flags that I can think of, and it still fails. I put Visual C++ 6.0 on the 98SE test system (wouldn't let me put VS2003 on there), and created a test app and I'm hard pressed to find a combination of flag...

NDR Problem #2
Hi All, I have a problem. In my installation of Exchange in SBS 2003 whe I use Outlook such as client everything is ok. If I use Outlook Express (or different client using standard SMTP) when I mistake the email address I do not receive the NDR from the server. Some suggestions? Thanks Bonato Pierantonio P.S. I use the same windows account for outlook and express Hi, by default exchange SMTP service is deliver a NDR, you can check under the SMTP Virtual Server or the routing group (Delivery Advanced), if something changed from the defaults you can see it over there. Cheers, N. -- ...

Problems viewing the Address Book using Outlook Express
Hello, I'm using OE6 and I would like my address book to be displayed in the lower left hand side of the window. I'm not having any luck trying to get it back. I go into the "View" menu, but there is no option for that. Can someone help? Thank you. This is not an Outlook group, not OE. The programs are not related. As I recall, you'd need to use View > Layout to display your Contacts, but I haven't seen OE in years. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:108C5F33-DE91-4B36-A227-1...

Problem Accessing Service Calendar & Knowledge Base
Hi, I'm having a problem accessing the service calendar & Knowledge Base. I have CRM version 3.0, I also recently reformatted my PC to a fresh install of XP Pro SP2. I has not worked on my PC since, however all the other users can acces these fine. I would appreciate some help. This problem can occur if you have the Outlook CRM client running. Try closing Outlook and all web browser windows, then opening the web browser and connecting to CRM. If this still doesn't work, try deleting all cookies on the machine -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://...

Memory Problem
I have a macro that runs many iterations, but after what I think is relatively few iterations, I get an "Out of Memory" message. Using the application.memory property in a macro, I find that I have 1 Mb of free memory out of 2.3 Mb total. Is there any way I can increase my memory? Lionel Lionel Fridjhon wrote... > I have a macro that runs many iterations, but after what > I think is relatively few iterations, I get an "Out of > Memory" message. > Using the application.memory property in a macro, I find > that I have 1 Mb of free memory out of 2.3 Mb tota...

Can't print web documents
If I open a document from, say, http://www.domain.com/document.xls, using the address field in Outlook's Web toolbar, print is not available. Open the same document in Internet Explorer and print is a viable option. This happens with any Office document. However, print feature works fine with any other type of documents - .pdf files work with no problems. Any suggestions? ...

How do you sen the email at outlook ? I can't find the word send
That seems a pretty basic requirement for the application... File-->New-->Email Message or CTRL-N Send button should be top left. "OP" <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5D011FC-369A-4A4C-86B1-A82CCF8F43D3@microsoft.com... > OP <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Ask your queston in the body of the message, including exactly what you're trying, your version of Outlook, and account type. It appears you have not configured Outlook with a mail account. -- Brian Tillman ...

Reflect cell contents into another worksheet #2
I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell contents in a second worksheet. I simply do not make use of MS Excel97 often enough to remember the procedures ! Please help. Regards, ~ Vince ~ hi on sheet 2 in your specific cell put this =sheet1!A1 regards FSt1 "Vince" wrote: > > I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet > cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell > contents in a second worksheet. > > I simply do not...

problems with receiving email with outlook 2003
I have outlook 2003 with business manager contact. I can send my email but I can not receive. Can anyone help me? I have all of the updates so far. When did this start happening? Have you ever been able to receive email? What error messages (if any) are you receiving? What service (ISP) are you using? Have you contacted them concerning this problem? These are some question we need to know in order to point you in the correct direction. Michael D. Alligood MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc., CIW Certified Instructor "bigmouth44@hotmail.com" <bigmouth44@ho...

Can't open excel or word documents (says insert sm bus cd?)
I have been running Windows XP for over a year without a problem, but now I can not open any of my Excel or Word or Outlook documents because it says that I need to insert my small business cd. I don't have that cd. This has happened once before and I just used my system restore function and it was fine, but that won't even work this time. HELP!! ~~Angela @ angela27@iglide.net ...

new features of messenger popup
hi. I was on the messenger stuff website earlier and I got a pupup box (thatlooked like the sign in box from messenger) that said something about some new features being talked about in the blog. now I am wondering if this was from messenger itself or if this was just from the site. because it didn't go anywhere when the box was clicked. Hi Skywolfe, Would need a screenshot to really say. But given your description, sounds like an ad to me from the web page - are you sure it didn't have your browser's window around it? ;) If you have Plus! installed, on very rare ...

TILE can help you to edit RMS or POS 2009 items in seconds
TILE can make the task of record editing and updating extremely easy. With TILE, you will simply open your RMS records in a grid-like view (as we have in MS-Excel), quickly apply one or more filters, use your mouse to select the records, right-click, enter the desired value and update. All 100 records will be updated in a flash! For details, visit: http://www.24sevencart.com/tile.htm On Apr 22, 4:55=A0pm, Mark Antonio <antonio.mark...@gmail.com> wrote: > TILE can make the task of record editing and updating extremely easy. > With TILE, you will simply open your RMS recor...