Microsoft Update Agent fails to install

When I try to manualy update Vista basic it first wants me to update
the Update Agent to ver. 7.4.7600.226. This update fails with error
8007005 and I can not do any system updates.

Have searched this group and the entire web for answer to this problem
for at least 4 hours without success. Any help wold be ppreciated...
0
MichaelY

On Nov 15, 3:00=A0pm, MichaelY <michaely1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I try to manualy update Vista basic it first wants me to update
> the Update Agent to ver. 7.4.7600.226. This update fails with error
> 8007005 and I can not do any system updates.
>
> Have searched this group and the entire web for answer to this problem
> for at least 4 hours without success. Any help wold be ppreciated...

OOPS, That eror code is 80070057.
0
MichaelY
11/15/2009 8:03:27 PM
"MichaelY" <michaely1234@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Nov 15, 3:00 pm, MichaelY <michaely1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I try to manualy update Vista basic it first wants me to update
> the Update Agent to ver. 7.4.7600.226. This update fails with error
> 8007005 and I can not do any system updates.
>
> Have searched this group and the entire web for answer to this problem
> for at least 4 hours without success. Any help wold be ppreciated...

OOPS, That eror code is 80070057.

Probably best to downgrade to XP or just install Ubuntu. Or buy a Mac.

0
kerry

Microsoft Money 2006
Somehow, I seem to have lost the "Amount" column when I go to the Payee section. The only columns I have now are: Num Date Category Req assist on how to reactivate the "Amount" column in the Payee section. Thanks! ...

Automatic Updates and System Restore failure after installing SP3, XP Pro
1. I installed SP3 successfully, but the installation process got stuck on the �Initializing installation�. 2. I did the Method 1: Register the Wups2.dll file in Windows from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144. Nothing changed. 3. I did the Method 2: Download and install the Windows Update Agent. It didn�t fix the automatic update process. When I tried to do manual update I got �Access denied� error. The System Restore stopped working, as well as Search for files and folders. They ware marked as Not Responding in Windows Task Manager. 4. I ran WindowsUpdateAgent30-...

Domain Controller Fail to Run
When run microsoft CRM Enviroment Diagostics Wizard i get i warning message "Some of the domain controllers do not appear to be running. The following list of server should be checked PrivUserGroup ReportingGroup SQLAccessGroup UserGroup " ...

CRM installation problem with MSDE SP4
When I try to install Ms CRM Laptop Client for outlook Setup, I see: MSDE Service Pack 4 Installation failed - Interrupted by the user?? I've tryed to manually install MSDE and the SP 4, but I obtain the same error during the starting phase of the installation Suki I had this problem and got round it by running the client install from the ClientApps folder on the server rather than from the Client Install CD. As you'll see from the post I've just put in - I had other problems *grin* Mark Suki wrote: > When I try to install Ms CRM Laptop Client for outlook Setup, I see: &...

Inventory Item Integration Failing to pull in Qty On Hand
This has turned out into a nightmare for me. On the Integration Template Destination mappings for Inventory Item the field for Qty on Hand is nowhere to be found, I have exhausted the GP 8.0 SDK and still I find the information meanigless.Can someone point me in the right direction? Guys I am not looking for a solution just a guideline that will take me in the right direction,so do not offer me assistance outside this forum. Problem: I want to import data from a tabbed CSV file in to the IV tables but the problem is that using the Integration Manager there is no allownace for pulling ...

IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server fails sometimes.
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2. IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server fails sometimes. Sometimes it works. Lately I can't get it to work at all. Error always is: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. Configuration: Account: Director Server: Server1 User name: AD\Director Protocol: IMAP Port: 143 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800cccd1 I realize the workaround is domain\username\alias for the Outlook Express username. That still fails. Weird. I removed the alias on the user object in AD so it would just be...

ODBC driver for Microsoft CRM
Does anyone know if there is or are any plans to have some sort of ODBC / OLEDB driver for Microsoft CRM. This would be great if you are writing reports in something other than Crystal, for example SQL Reporting services. TIA If you really want it, the data is available directly from SQL. However, this approach will not enforce the data security that is provided via the CRM enhancements. I have not heard of any plans to change this in future releases. Matt On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 03:43:49 -0800, Karl Iuel <Nospam@Nospam.com> wrote: Does anyone know if there is or are any plans to ha...

reloaded Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business after reloading Vista
I had to reload my operating system. I re-installed Microsoft Money. It wants me to register again. I enter the key but it tells me the online services have expired. Now we all know that by now. How do I get around this so it does not become inoperable in 60 days. Chris In microsoft.public.money, Chris Fazio wrote: >I had to reload my operating system. I re-installed Microsoft Money. It >wants me to register again. I enter the key but it tells me the online >services have expired. Now we all know that by now. How do I get around >this so it does not b...

Printed 5 documents via Microsoft Office Doc Image Writer - and they are nowhere to be found
I have now printed 5 documents via 'Microsoft Office Doc Image Writer' (.tiff files) - and they are nowhere to be found on my system (Vista Premium & Office 2003)- and it's totally freaking me out?????????? I have hidden/system files visible They are still there each time i print a new document to the same folder because the old ones are still visible via save as dialogue box 1/ Anyone heard of this strange phenomena? 2/ I feel sure that at work it prints to .dmi files (or something) Next time you print to the same folder, take note of what that folder is and then g...

Java 6, Update 17
I am running Windows XP Home edition SP3, and IE 8.0. I have been getting a notice from the task bar saying a Java 6, Update 17 is ready to install from Sun. I looked in "Add Remove" and it shows I have Jese Runtime Environment 5.0. Is this an update to that? What is this software used for? It also said this update was for "Windows - Internet Explorer". I have found going to IE8 from IE6 was a good move. I don't want to install something that will cause a problem with what I feel is a stable working PC. Please forgive my ignorance about this, and give me a...

update chart after filter
I am stumped! I need to update a multiple charts based off of the data that is filtered... column A i have "x" entered, and the filter is set to display only the fields with "x". Ex: A B C D x Feb 60% x Mar 88% x 3/01 100% x 3/02 75% I need the charts to update when I go to enter "x" for the new month and delete them for the previous month and refresh the filter. The chart displays the month values as bars & day values as a line chart. Hi, I am not sure that I really understand your question or if maybe ther...

Update Office with Service Pack
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Power PC I get the following error message trying to update my office business with SP1 (12.1.0): You can not install Office 2008 SP1 Update (12.1.0) on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. What shall I do? ...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 in Citrix 4.0
Hi Together Has anybod more information or experience about the upgrade, deployment of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 on Citrix 4.0? Thanks for your input, it is appreciated a lot. Regina Hi Regina, Did you get any responses to your question about Dynamics CRM 4.0 and Citrix Presentation Server 4.0? Wondering if you did as we are about to implement same. Thanks and regards, Mandy. Regi wrote: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 in Citrix 4.0 27-May-08 Hi Together Has anybod more information or experience about the upgrade, deployment of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 on Citrix 4.0? Thanks for your ...

Help! Installing Money 2006 with Vista
Trying to run Money 2006 with Vista has caused nothing but problems. On first installation, the program appeared to start, asked for me to accept internet compatibility, then shut down. After that, I could not open the program from the start menu, nor could I open my data directly (data is stored in Documents folder fyi). I tried Microsoft's dll solution here... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814144/en-us?spid=9213&sid=global (had to disable user protection for it to even work). This did not solve my problem, so I uninstalled Money altogether, then tried to reinstall the pro...

the Norton Anti-virus add-on to Microsoft Outllok disappeared
Hi, How do I regain the Norton Anti-virus add-on to Microsoft Outlook? Somehow it disappeared. Thanks, David www.pomage.org Good riddance - it causes all kinds of problems with multiple messages being sent and received. If you really want it back, go to Tools->options->other->advanced and under either Add-in Manager or COM Add-ins, recheck the option for the Norton (possibly SAV) add-in. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. Afte...

Online Quote Updates
After years of updating my prices online, suddenly I get the message on all my funds that the symbol is unrecognized. Any ideas - suggestions? Normally the solution is to check that the symbol is still valid, and the stock/fund hasn't merged/changed in any way. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do no...

Windows Update KB977719 failure- code 80070652
I've tried to install this automatically and manually 8 times with no success. Anybody know what's going on? -- Dave R I should add that I'm on Windows 7 and have Norton Internet Security firewall. -- Dave R "Dave R" wrote: > I've tried to install this automatically and manually 8 times with no > success. Anybody know what's going on? > -- > Dave R Dave R wrote: > I should add that I'm on Windows 7 and have Norton Internet Security firewall. No wonder. Disable Norton *everything*, enable the Windows firewall and tr...

updating one field based on another
I have a simple form which has on it not more than a combo box [cboNoteTilte], a text box [txtNoteText], (and 1 or two other irrelevant (to this post) command buttons) The way I want the form to function is that the user selects a value in the unbound [cboNoteTitle], and a related value is displayed [txtNoteTitle] all of the fields used are in the same table, which is the datasource for the table (none of the controls are meant to edit any of the values in any of the fields in OptNotes) ie: table OptNotes has fields: - [OptionId] (which is the bound datasource column in ...

SUM formula automatically updating
Hello! I have a spreadsheet that has January in column D thru December i column O. My formula in column P is only for year to date numbers, s I have the formula =SUM(D1:L1) so I only sum Jan - Sept. HOWEVER, when I put in a number in column (October), Excel is AUTOMATICALLY updating my formula to =SUM(D1:M1). How do I prevent this from happening (outside of using $ - I know ho to do that, but there must be some option my spreadsheet has that i creating this automatic update - I have NEVER seen this before toda :) Thanks in advance! Rlola -- Rlola ---------------------------------...

Problem with an Updating query
Below is an SQL update query. Access keeps telling me that "Operation must use an updateable query". I've looked at the Help file, but I can't see where any of the listed causes applies to my query. Any insights would be more than welcome. I've appended a bunch of info for 2008 into a database from Excel, and now I'm running (or attempting to) queries to match the Foreign keys to the proper Primary keys. The criteria below is to limit the update to the newly appended data by limiting the TimesheetsID. None of the tables are read-only, and this is a simplle mdb in wh...

Office X Mac Update 10.1.6
I just installed the new Office X 10.1.6 update for Office which has Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Entourage. In doing so, the Excel application disappeared from my computer. Poof! Gone! Only components of Excel remain, but not the Excel application. At the same time, the Excel icon in my OS 10.3.2 navigational bar turned into a question mark. The Read Me file with the update does not state it will eliminate Excel. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Footnote: All other applications (Word, PowerPoint and Entourage) came through without a glitch. In article <32fa1a6.0410141406.69aeeedc...

DST Update
Does the system that I conduct the DST update from need to be on the domain that has exchange installed or can I connect to it from a remote system using RPC over HTTPs? Or will that just end up prompting me for credentials for each mailbox? It will prompt. Best to be on the domain and use Outlook in online (not Cached Mode) mode using TCP/IP (not RPC over HTTP). -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Garrett Felix" <Neo@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:F75E7D...

Login failed for IUSR after IIS reinstallation
I have Windows XP Pro SP3. I had to uninstall and reinstall IIS. The problem is that now I cannot connect to sql server 2000 from an asp page using the Internet Guest Account (IUSR) (although I changed nothing is the sql server settings, where the user ERIC\IUSR_ERIC is declared as a db_owner in my database). I am receiving this error: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server (0x80040E4D) Login failed for user 'ERIC\IUSR_ERIC'. But I AM able to connect to sql server using a username and a password. In other words, this connection string works: Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Initia...

Outlook 2003
Good morning! morning! Wondering if anyone has any info on the situation noted below? We run Outlook 2003 Exchange: My manager has a recurring weekly meeting set up with twelve attendees. We have all accepted the original request. Sometimes she updates one occurrence - moving the appointment to a different day/time. Several of us are having the same issue - we accept the meeting request, but the appointment does not update on our calendar. We still show the original meeting time. Would love some insight on how to correct this. Please keep in mind that we do not have...

Installing Publisher 2003, error message 1919 what can I do?
Attempting to install Pub 2003, but get error 1919 ODBC data surce: Visual Fox Pro Database ODBC error 6: Component not found in the registry verify that the file Visual FoxPro Database exits & that you can access it. I retryed it and I ignored it to no avail. Only cancel worked and then it unloaded all the program that it had been loading. Thanks for any help. Ron "Bake" wrote: > Attempting to install Pub 2003, but get error 1919 > ODBC data surce: Visual Fox Pro Database ODBC error 6: > Component not found in the registry verify that the file Visual FoxPro >...