Max. no. of characters in a message box line is less in Vista when compared with XP

Hi,

I have noticed in Vista, the maximum no. of characters which could be
displayed in a messagebox line is 85 characters where in XP it was 131
characters.

Following is a summary when compared this with OSes,
OS - Max. no. of characters per messagebox line.
XP - 131
Vista, Windows 7 - 85
Windows2008 Server x32 and x64 - 81

Following is a code in VB to run in Vista simulate the problem which spans
into 3 lines, where it was expected in 2 lines.
MsgBox ("**Maximum number of characters per messagebox line in Windows Vista
is 85 characters.**"+CHR(13)+CHR(10)+"Expected 2nd line")

How could this display message alignment problem be fixed?
Is there a setting Vista and higher which preserves the messagebox
functionality of XP?
Please could someone advice.

0
DPM

Viewing IMAP messages #2
I connect to a Linux IMAP server remotely for my emails. When I click on an email in Outlook P once the headers have been updated the system seems to download the email and the attachement. All I want to do is read the message before I download the attachment - Is this possible? Its a bit of a problem if an email has a 3mb attachement and all I want to do is read the mail content before deciding to download the attachment - especially a pain if I am CC into some mail. Regards Andy --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Ve...

Dynamic List Box using VBA
I wasn't really sure how to phrase this one -- this isn't your Typical Drop-Down List. I have a SELECT statement which queries SQL Server 2005 and displays the data in Excel. Let's say that a database lists products that have been delivered to 4 different cities, on 3 seperate days -- without knowing (in advance) the delivery dates, how could I create an input/drop-down field to allow the user to specify a particular date? I envision something like this: VBA code produces a list box of delivery dates based on a particular product and city. The user selects a delivery date ...

Strange error message
Hello, I am getting a strange message when I am trying to copy a graph that I use in a payroll document that we use. It contains data and a graph for each employee. It worked just fine for 80% of the document then all of a sudden I started to get this message: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" with an OK button. I can hit the OK button and it will eventually continue on (after multiple clicks). But each time I copy and paste the graph, it gives me this message. I am using Excel 2002 on Win 2000 Pro with all the latest updates and patches available. T...

Excel data disappeared after getting message about compatibility M
I tried to save changes to a spreadsheet, and received the following message: "Compatibility Report for New Customer List.xls Run on 4/6/2010 19:52 The following features in this workbook are not supported by earlier versions of Excel. These features may be lost or degraded when you save this workbook in an earlier file format. Minor loss of fidelity Some cells or styles in this workbook contain formatting that is not supported by the selected file format. These formats will be converted to the closest format available." I clicked OK, because fidelity is not imp...

How to lock a line put on a graph in excell
I am trying to attach a line to a graph with months on the X axis. When I add additional months I want the line to stay in between the original months, however, it always moves as the graph expands. Drawing objects cannot be linked to specific values of chart axes, unless you incorporate them as series in the chart. Try the techniques here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336...

Fuse box stencil?
I need to create something to help me identify the switches in my home's fuse box. (I set off the smoke alarm at 11:45 p.m. New Year's Eve because I had a candle burning almost directly under it for several hours.) It was late and I was desperately trying to figure out which switch controlled which circuit. That blasted noise and the knowledge that my neighbor had to hear it didn't help. Surely I'm not the first person to do this. And if I am, so be it. I'll start from scratch but I'm hoping someone can help me. :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ...

How do I create Vertical line down whole detail section?
As the detail section can grow and shrink I want insert my line using On Print in the property section as per some advise given in another thread (not started by me). The advisor suggested the code [Me.Line (2.3 * 1440, 0) - Step(0, 20 * 1440)] ]but I have no idea how or where to insert it. Can anyone help? How do I create or edit the [event procedure] in On Print in the properties section Open your report in design view and double-click the gray bar above the detail section. This should display the properties dialog. Click the Event properties tab. Click the dropdown in the On...

Voting Buttons -- Missing drop-down box in Tracking tab
I have a user on Office 2003 who uses voting buttons in Outlook. She claims that on the Tracking tab of her sent message, a drop-down box should appear at the right side of each user's "response" column showing the voting options -- for her to manually populate if the respondent verbally replies to her. Our outlook 2003 does not have this. I can find nothing on it. What is she talking about, and how can I set up this feature for her? -- Lisa M I think she's wrong. That function exists in a Meeting's Tracking table, not a vote related tracking table from an em...

Best Practice for migrating from ntext to nvarchar(max) in SQL 200
1What is the best practice approach for migrating existing ntext columns to nvarchar(max) for both SQL 2005 and 2008? Is it as straightforward as ALTERing the table (e.g. ALTER TABLE X ALTER COLUMN Y NVARCHAR(max)) ? Do I need to perform an UPDATE on the altered columns SET COL = COL after the ALTER table so that the data is correctly allocated? Etc... Thanks. asrrjs (asrrjs@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > 1What is the best practice approach for migrating existing ntext columns > to nvarchar(max) for both SQL 2005 and 2008? Is it as straightforward > as ALTE...

i need to type on top of a line without it moving
I am trying to type on a line in a document, but the line moves when I do. I need to know how to type on top of the line without it moving in the document. To create the line I pressed the "dash" key and held it down. If I have created this the wrong way, please help me to get it right. I have Publisher 2007. Thank you Linda Don't type the line using dashes; type the line then use the line tool to draw the line under the statement. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Lulu" <Lulu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E2DDA57-0A3C-4E59-...

Substitute button is greyed out on line item in assembly transacti
I know how this is supposed to work and have used it before however when I am on a line item even though on the inventory card shows this item has two substitute, the substitute button is greyed out. Any ideas? Thanks Leslie forgot to put the notify on "LASM" wrote: > I know how this is supposed to work and have used it before however when I am > on a line item even though on the inventory card shows this item has two > substitute, the substitute button is greyed out. > > Any ideas? > > Thanks > Leslie You are correct in that there must be at leas...

Send message issue
Can SendMessage can be used to send a message from document to a window which is subclassed I am proceesing some work (function) in the document and after the work is finsihed I need to send a message that the connection is established to the control and control starts downloading the data from document. thanks Tom > Can SendMessage can be used to send a message from document to a window > which is subclassed Yes. You can use SendMessage from anywhere as long as you are sending it to a window. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com Hi Ajay, this is how I am sending it ...

Can the Item Description wrap to multiple lines on an invoice?
We have some long item descriptions (up to the 100 character limit), and we were trying to figure out how to get them to print on an invoice. If I spread the field all out on a single line, it's too long to fit on the document. If I create a box that's several lines tall, it does partially wrap, but it doesn't print the full description - it cuts off after around the 60th character or so. Has anyone successfully wrapped an item description on an invoice? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 I think you'll need to parse it and then...

Accepting internet appointment (iC) in Outlook Xp Home
following Hi When I try to accept a internet appointment and post it to Outlook Calenda (2000) I get the folllowing error message: can't open: c\documents and settings\username\local settings\temporary internet files. This is a recent development; what is causing it and how do I fix it? Thanks. ...

command line switch for Outlook
Hi: Is there a command line switch that I can use to repair Outlook without using Detect and Repair from Outlook. I am talking about the Microsoft Outlook icon that get install with Office 2000. Thanks, Sylvie Sylvie <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi: > Is there a command line switch that I can use to repair > Outlook without using Detect and Repair from Outlook. I > am talking about the Microsoft Outlook icon that get > install with Office 2000. No. You must use Detect and Repair from Outlook's setup. -- Brian Tillman Smiths ...

Can't use Contacts folder following move from XP to Windows 7
I purchased a new computer on Windows 7, installed Office 2003 and copied across all the files including the .pst ones from my old computer which was on XP. Outlook is working fine in every respect except when creating a new message within Mail: it does not recognise the names from my Contacts folder (error message "Microsoft Office Outlook does not recognize xxx" . If I open the Contacts folder and select a contact, I can create "New Message to Contact". "lynbristol" <lynbristol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:309BEC36-C...

How to get combo box selected index changed event in another page from the existing page in winforms
Hi, I am working on windows forms project. I have two winforms (window1 and window2). I have a combobox called cmbEmail in window1 and Textbox called txtName in window2. I want to retrieve some information into the txtName in window2 when I selected something from cmbEmail in window1. If I write code to retrieve something into the txtName (which is in window2) in cmbEmail SelectedIndexchanged event in window1, I will get an error of txtName doesn't exist in this page. Can anybody help me to solve this problem.. Thanks and Regards Naresh "Naresh" &...

OWA not reading Japanese character
Hello, has anyone come across that Japanese characters are not being able to display correctly in OWA exchange 5.5, however using Oulook Client, the characters appear perfectly. The japanese language has been added in owa server as well as on the client pc (control panel, regional /language option). Any hint/help most welcome. Thanks Were you able to figure this out? I am having the same problem. -Shamika "albert" wrote: > Hello, > has anyone come across that Japanese characters are not > being able to display correctly in OWA exchange 5.5, > however using Ou...

limits: sending message size
Hi ! I have a message that is 9 mb. ALthough the sending message size limit is 11 mb I receive a non delivery report that the message is too large. The message is being send from Colleague A (New Yortk) to Colleague B (Miami). The sending message size limit is globally set to 11264 (kb). Using the message tracking center the message is 9 mb when it is send from 1 server. However on the receiving server the message is 12 mb. Where did the 3 mb come from ? I can't imagine that it is the header !! Can you please help?? Thanks in advance. -- dktexas The size of SMTP messa...

lost subfolders and email -vista mail
Hi there, I have posted a similar email in browsers and email forum ( thougth it was this one). Yesterday I emptied the junk mail and when I looked again all my subfolders and email had disappeared. All my business work. I am lost! I have microsoft security essentials for antivirus. i have tried looking in the appdata local microsoft windowsmail folder and they are not there. what can I do now? will they be anywhere on my hard drive that I can access? -- franknigmir "franknigmir" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:2cd46bf8914586ed40d15804080c33...

hyperink outlook mail messages to cells in excell
can anyone tell me how to hyperlink a mail message in outlook to a call in an excel worksheet I am trying to keep track of correspondence this way! ...

eConnect doesn't update PO Line Item Description
I'm using eConnect v9 and integrating a PO into GP. During the initial create of the PO and the line item on the PO the line item description is written correctly from my input data (I'm using non-inventory line items). However, on subsequent updates the line item description doesn't get updated. Other fields update just fine. Is this a "feature" or a "bug"? Thanks! I assume you are sending the same description on the update as well. If you don't send the description, eConnect will remove the value. -- Lorren Consulting Technology Lead WennSoft Inc....

Everytime I open an Office application I get an error message, please help!!!
Hi I've had office for my mac for about 4 months, at some point in the last 2 weeks everytime I try to open word, or excell I get an error message "the program has unexpectly quit" any idea or suggestions please help! Hi Dan, It will help us help you if you post back with some additional information. What version of Office? What version of MacOS? Have you installed any new fonts or software that installs foonts lately? -Jim -- Jim Gordon Mac MVP MVP FAQ <http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpfaqs> Dan Goldberg wrote: > Hi > I'v...

Compare mulitple fields in two tables
I have two identical tables. Information is input into each table by two seperate sources. I would like to have a query that compares the fields in each table and list those records with any field that does not match. The code below does not work, but I am trying to get something along these lines that does. I want it to compare 3 fields in two idential tables and list the CLNum if any of the fields do not match. SELECT tblCalAudit.ClNum FROM tblCalAudit INNER JOIN tblCalField ON (tblCalAudit.[LeakY/N] <> tblCalField.[LeakY/N]) OR (tblCalAudit.LossLeak <> tblCalField.Los...

cbo to go to new line after comma
I am displaying a multiple selection in a combo box on a report. I have named it cboBSCCourse with it's control set to the field BSCCourse in a bridge table. the number of items can be from 4 to 7 it lists them out with a comma after each one. I want it to to to the next line after the comma. currently like this item one, item two, item three, item four I want to look like this item one, item two, item three, item four I have been trying to use the replace command like below but cannot get it to work, Since I am using a variable number of items I am thinking I might have to use a ...