LIST OF "WINDOWS 7" NEWSGROUPS (Windows7, Win7) - the ULTIMATE ANSWER TO ALL

Where is 'Windows7" Nesgroup?
This question is being asked here (on
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general):
methodically, weekly (if not more often), so it became a "sticky note"
everyone is tired of answering.  Some of us feel that the question is
repeated by people too lazy to Google or learn for themselves.  Let's answer
this question once & for ALL, only problem I can't make this Article a
"sticky note" also (unlike the question - ironically), let's hope these
people can SEARCH & LOCATE my answer, here it goes: ************************

Two possible Newsgroups (Usenet):
*) alt.windows7.general   ---> is growing in popularity, English
(international)
**) it.comp.os.win.windows7   ---> Italian.

Start at Alt.Windows7.General
Not all servers carry it (at least not yet), bt here're two great FREE
Newsserver that do:
*) news.eternal-september.org    ---> YOU HAVE TO REGISTER AT
ETERNAL-SEPTEMBER.ORG FIRST, then in your Newsgroup reader set server/portas
their website insutrcts you, set "requires to login" and enter
userID/password you chose.  This is the greatest free newsserver in the
world, people who pay to Giganews or use GoogleGroups are misinformed &
waste time/money elsewhere.
**) aioe.org  --> I never tried this one, but people say it's also good (?)
=============

Also
http://www.sevenforums.com/news/
http://www.w7forums.com
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/forumdisplay.php?f=16
There's one at Tom's Hardware, forgot the address but Tom provides a great
service to community (for free).
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ee396321.aspx

Microsoft has set up Windows 7 support in web forums, part of a general
migration away from usenet:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/
============

There is a NNTP bridge available https://connect.microsoft.com/site927  this
may not be a perfectly direct adderss, so search Microsoft.com for "NNTP
Bridge" in case link provided here gets obsoleted, you need to install this
bridge only if you get sick of Web interface, if you're OK using Web instead
of a professional's choice which is Usenet/Newsgroups, then you don't need
NNTP Bridge.
==========

Here's also a large Google-owned group, but it's NOT Usenet, it's NOT even
Microsoft Forums.  This is the lamest "Google Groups" interface, it's given
here as an extra, you can use them if the above list and chiefly if
alt.windows7.general is not enough.  This group has 1034 subscribers as of
today, which is not much less than this Vista.General (which has 1300+
permanent members).
windows7@googlegroups.com
Avoid it if you can, not to mention they require to register (restricted)
and "Kevin Panzke" isn't there yet.

=========================
Stan Starinski
Web:      www.Interengineers.org  www.Nanoinfocenter.com   Currently OFF for
maintenance
Consulting Engineer (EE+ME, ECAD+MCAD [3D/2D]), R&D + Prototype,
Embedded/Firmware ["C" or ASM for Microcontrollers], computers).

0
Stan

Windows 7 Minimum Requirements
Does anyone know what are the minimum requirements for a new pc with Windows 7. Looks like I'd want Works,Quicken for software and an antivirus, "Sam spade" <sloopokespam@opto.net> wrote in message news:OgZKzlgbKHA.5796@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know what are the minimum requirements for a new pc with > Windows 7. Looks like I'd want Works,Quicken for software and an > antivirus, Best to ask in a Windows 7 Community Forum. According to MS website: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor ...

Windows 7 64 bit not releasing memory
I have Windows 7 Pro 64 bit with 8GB of memory. On two occasions, the memory has become so low that I have had to reboot. If I notice that I am getting low on memory, I quit programs and the memory that those programs were using are not released back to be reused. Has anyone else seen this? Thanks, Jes __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4645 (20091128) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com If a program is not coded correctly it may well hold the memory after the applic...

WMDC in Windows 7 Ultimate 05-17-10
I installed Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit version), and now I can't sync my HTC smartphone with my PC. Worked fine previously with Win 7 Home Premium, but now whenever I try and use/install Windows Mobile Device Centre, I get an error message saying WMDC can't be installed because one or more Windows components are missing. I've tried: restarting and reconnecting my smartphone rebooting my PC and reconnecting phone installing windows updates donwloading WMDC 6.1 and re-installing - all with same result where do I find the missing Windows components to make WMDC work? ...

Is it wise to upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 7?
What are the pros and cons of Windows 7 -- Kristen Rios On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:55:02 -0700, PPatty89 <Firefightersrule89@yahoo.com> wrote: > What are the pros and cons of Windows 7 We all have different opinions, and see different things as pros and different things as cons. Here's my standard reply to questions like this: My view is that you're going about this backward. A change of operating system should be driven by need, not just because there is a new version available. Are you having a problem with Windows XP or Vista (whichever you use) that you...

No, Office 2003 is not compatible with Windows 7
I am running a new clean install of 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium. I just installed Office 203 Small Business and none of the updates will run. Error message is really helpful: "The update could not be installed." Tried Service Packs 1, 2 and 3, and a small security update - none work. Second issue: it demands that you accept the EULA every time. Third issue: it won't shut down properly. A blank Word page is open now, because I have to shut down the computer to get it to go away. The X will not respond. Yes, I've tried right-clicking and clicking "Run...

Print Processor in Windows 7
Hi all, I have an issue with an own print processor developed with the WDK. My own print processor is working properly in Windows XP and I've now recompiled the source code with WDK 7.1, everything seems to work (the code is compiled without errors and I can register the print processor without problems in the system), but it really does not work at all. I have no idea what is happening and I can not debug the program (VStudio does not stop at the breakpoints and if I try to write some traces in a file I get an empty file). Has anything changed in the way of creating a pr...

Office 2000 & 2007 in Windows 7
Hi, Can anyone confirm that Office 2000 is fully compatible with Windows 7? Can we install Office 2000 and Office 2007 together in the same computer? Thanks in advance, Garu Yes, on both counts. But in respect of the latter, see the NoRereg section of the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website: http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Garu" <garrys@brunet.bn> wrote in me...

Windows 7 Clients fail http://Connect SBS 2008
Hi, I have just started adding some Windows 7 Pro clients to an SBS 2008 box and initially I got the "doesn't meet the minimum requirements" message that is fixed by applying the SBS 2008 rollup. I can then run the http://Connect process and that confirms the machine does now meet the requirements. It kicks off the process, re-boots and logs into the __sbsNetsetup__ user and then just stops. I leave it for about 10 minutes to see if it is really going to exit and re-boot then log in as the user I am joining to the network but nothing happens. If I then lo...

kernel mode cryptographic services on Windows 7
Could someone please point me to a link decribing kernel mode cryptographic services on Windows 7? Basically all I need to do is create a sha1 hash of some data. I am aware of this link discussing fips.sys on earlier versions of Windows: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc750356.aspx. But I thought that wasn't supported. I also see the BCrypt* functions. But that seems to be encryption. Thanks in advance if anyone can help. Regards, George. Oh. Maybe I can use BCrypt: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa375534(v=VS.85).aspx. Thanks anyw...

Reinstall office 2007 in Windows 7
I had purchased an Office 2007 cd earlier this year and installed in on my home computer on XP. I now want to upgrade to Windows 7 on the same computer Can I use the same cd to install Office 2007 with windows 7? The hardware is the same, just the OS is different. Please give a definitive answer if this is possible and I am not violating any licences. Thanks D -- When you need a helping hand, look for one at the end of your arm... =?Utf-8?B?RGFuZHo=?= <Dandz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:8D3F3114-2010-42EA-BE79-3BF3A2165DFA@microsoft.com: > ...

Does Office 2007 work on Windows 7?
I just upgraded to Windows 7 and have Office 2007. Do Office 2007 products work on Windows 7 Operating System? Yes "Fetzer2" <Fetzer2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6962F239-77EF-4461-B59F-0DA98D427488@microsoft.com... >I just upgraded to Windows 7 and have Office 2007. Do Office 2007 products > work on Windows 7 Operating System? Do you really think Microsoft would release a new Operating System that would be incompatible with their best selling software ? "Fetzer2" <Fetzer2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Reinstalling Windows 7
I have win 7 running ... well, crawling... on a new quad core computer (it really started its slow-down after installing Office 2007). Its so sluggish that I've decided to do a fresh reinstall. Drive C is partitioned and the second partition (F) carries all my data. Its backed up, but I'd like, if possible to format C without interfering with F, reinstalling Win 7 on C. Is that possible? I have the original install disk, and I particularly want to start off from scrathj with a formatted C. How sluggish is my pc? Well, even with just 3 or 4 worksheets opened and no...

Windows Live Mail (under Windows 7)
I am unable to find a method in Windows Live Mail to sort folders according to my preference - previously in Windows Mail using A or 1 (ascending) sorted those folders correctly. Any folder created in Windows Live Mail appends at the top irrespective of its alphabetical or numerical sequence - what a goof Microsoft. Created folders now look very messy and are not nearly as useful as they were in Windows Mail. Does anyone know how to sort (and keep the order) of folders like we could in Windows Mail? Any help is much appreciated. -- Mark SCANFuture Computer Services Hi, Mar...

Windows 7 Appearance.
I personally think that there should be an option of having more than one color for your Windows appearance (the display windows) It would be nice to see the ability to have three or two colors on display windows (like a rainbow effect) so that users can have a more friendly theme and it gives them more options to play with the display. An example would be to release a Windows 7 Aero theme with two tone colors or a rainbow transparency color that could give users the ability to edit the colors used and have there own unique themes. Perhaps this could be implemented into Wind...

Windows 7 and SBS2003, any known issues?
A client will have to purchase 5 new Dell PCs. I think downgrading to XP Pro will not be an option from Dell any more. I am wondering if Win7 has any critical issues with SBS2K3. If so, we will have to go for white box PCs with XP OEM loaded. Can someone shed me some light on this? Thanks Jack I just installed four Win7 Pro and Ultimate boxes on my SBS03 network within the past month - I think I'm up to 6 now altogether. I had to install the ISA firewall client and add the network printers manually, and I had a minor issue with networked HP printers - there's some bu...

Can't use Contacts folder following move from XP to Windows 7
I purchased a new computer on Windows 7, installed Office 2003 and copied across all the files including the .pst ones from my old computer which was on XP. Outlook is working fine in every respect except when creating a new message within Mail: it does not recognise the names from my Contacts folder (error message "Microsoft Office Outlook does not recognize xxx" . If I open the Contacts folder and select a contact, I can create "New Message to Contact". "lynbristol" <lynbristol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:309BEC36-C...

Installing Outlook 2003 in Windows 7 with product key only
I have a new laptop with no disk drive, so can only install from product key online. Can't afford to buy new outlook so wish to install old 2003 version but only have the disk version. So, I have a valid licence but no idea how to get it on my new PC (Windows 7). Help please! 1) Buy an external cd/dvd drive 2) copy cd to memory stick 3) install over network "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:079F9F62-16AF-4D26-9AEA-72BBBDD0DB03@microsoft.com... >I have a new laptop with no disk drive, so can only install from product >ke...

Windows 7 Starter
Is there a forum for windows 7 starter? Thank you "JB" <open@closed.com> wrote in message news:u4cMNnFxKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is there a forum for windows 7 starter? > > Thank you > Go to this area and search for any questions you have. If nothing found about your specific problem post a question in the appropriate forum. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 "JB" <open@closed.com> wrote: >Is there a forum for windows 7 starter? Microsoft has not created any newsgro...

Unable to save document on SharePoint 2007 in Windows 7 operating system
Hi We have installed Windows 7 OS in our systems recently. We started facing issues in saving documents on SharePoint 2007. Whenever we save the document, it takes us to My documents in SAVE dialog box instead of SharePoint team site. Any suggestions pls.? Regards Balu EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Database Normalization For Developers http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/0107750d-ed18-46b7-a695-1283294e3e1c/database-normalization-fo.aspx ...

Using uninstalled fonts in Windows 7
In previous versions of Windows I was able to temporarily use uninstalled fonts by opening the font and minimizing it to the Task Bar. That font would then be available for use in the majority of programs I use: graphics, word processing, etc., by showing up in the list of available fonts. It seems that this feature is no longer available in Windows 7. I open an uninstalled font, minimize it to the Task Bar and it, but it will not show up in the list of fonts available for use in any of the programs in which this previously worked. I really do not want to have to go throug...

higher security settings in Windows 7
Hello, My application (visual studio 2008, visual basic) writes out a few files when it runs. On Windows 7, it fails at startup, apparently because access is denied to write these files. It also creates databases while it runs. How do I get around this security problem. I'm sure many programs need to write files when they run. The files are under its own application directory. Thanks. Scott Baxter Am 18.05.2010 00:20, schrieb Scott Baxter: > Hello, > > My application (visual studio 2008, visual basic) writes out a few files > when it runs. ...

WMP12 automatically adding music folder to library in Windows 7
There should be an option in the media player under Options/Library to NOT scan the music and video folders for content. (Just like the pictures library that can be checked or unchecked) Changing the default folder is not a viable option and this should not be associated with WMP Reminds me of itunes which has the opposite problem of not rescanning the music folder.... Please let the users decide what they want to do!!! This is so apple! On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:28:01 -0800, Eric <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >There should be an option in the media p...

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

re: printer driver install on Windows 7 x64
I managed to get self-extracting exe to invoke the "Add Printer" wizard by starting a 64-bit executable that calls rundll32 and passes the "printui.dll,PrintUIEntry" command line. Unfortunately, after the driver is installed, the Windows "Program Compatibility Assistant" pops up a dialog box that says "The program might not have installed correctly". I did some research on MSDN regarding the PCA (Program compatibility assistant) and I quote: "The best option to exclude a program from PCA is to include, with the program, an applicatio...