Installing Office 2003 is a mess

I purchased Office 2003 on disk and I installed it on my old XP machine.

When I used the same disk to install Office 2003 on my new Vista machine, I 
was taken by surprise when I was asked if I wanted Office 2007. I said yes, 
thinking that it was a free update for Vista.

Now I have the following 3 problems, of which I have solved only the first 
one:

1. When I open a Word file by double-clicking in Explorer, the file opens 
under Office 2007 and asks if I want to install it, which I do not. I solved 
this problem by first opening Word 2003 with the icon on the desktop and now 
all my Word files open with this version and I don't get Office 2007 
messages. Solved.

2. When I follow the same procedure with Excel 2003, the trick doesn't work 
i.e. I can't open an Excel file under Office 2003 by double-clicking. The 
file always opens under Office 2007 and asks me if I want to buy it.

3. The PowerPoint icon is not on my desktop and I can't find the Powerpoint 
2003 version anywhere. The disk installed it on my XP machine, so why not on 
my Vista machine?

I never had such installation problems with a software. Normally I buy the 
software and I say yes to everything and everything I paid for is installed. 
I must say that I am extremely irritated with the change to Vista, as I have 
already lost many hours fooling around with taking ownership of my own 
computer, changing properties all over the place, etc.

I could now try to uninstall all Office versions and hope that it works 
better with a new installation. What do I have to look out for, so that I get 
the same installation result as I got on my XP machine?
0
Utf
12/6/2009 7:31:01 PM
windows.vista.general 2096 articles. 0 followers. Follow

8 Replies
1042 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 25

Well you could try Open Office which works well for me and millions of 
others, it may get you by this bad spot if only temporarily.

http://www.openoffice.org/

It is completely free and may buy you time to sort out the other 
problems, for which I don't know the answer.

You could check the file associations for XLS files to see if there is a 
problem there.


Charlie Tame



Lancelot wrote:
> I purchased Office 2003 on disk and I installed it on my old XP machine.
> 
> When I used the same disk to install Office 2003 on my new Vista machine, I 
> was taken by surprise when I was asked if I wanted Office 2007. I said yes, 
> thinking that it was a free update for Vista.
> 
> Now I have the following 3 problems, of which I have solved only the first 
> one:
> 
> 1. When I open a Word file by double-clicking in Explorer, the file opens 
> under Office 2007 and asks if I want to install it, which I do not. I solved 
> this problem by first opening Word 2003 with the icon on the desktop and now 
> all my Word files open with this version and I don't get Office 2007 
> messages. Solved.
> 
> 2. When I follow the same procedure with Excel 2003, the trick doesn't work 
> i.e. I can't open an Excel file under Office 2003 by double-clicking. The 
> file always opens under Office 2007 and asks me if I want to buy it.
> 
> 3. The PowerPoint icon is not on my desktop and I can't find the Powerpoint 
> 2003 version anywhere. The disk installed it on my XP machine, so why not on 
> my Vista machine?
> 
> I never had such installation problems with a software. Normally I buy the 
> software and I say yes to everything and everything I paid for is installed. 
> I must say that I am extremely irritated with the change to Vista, as I have 
> already lost many hours fooling around with taking ownership of my own 
> computer, changing properties all over the place, etc.
> 
> I could now try to uninstall all Office versions and hope that it works 
> better with a new installation. What do I have to look out for, so that I get 
> the same installation result as I got on my XP machine?
0
Charlie
12/6/2009 7:40:27 PM
Uninstall all, reinstall what you want.
Office 2007 varies not at all from 2003 other than the ribbon of abomination 
and automatic drop down boxes in word if you create complex form templates.
The slipshod laziness of Microsoft programmers, evident in all Microsoft 
programs, persists in small details like Word 2007 allowing clicking to your 
choice of default storage file whereas in Excel 2007 you have to enter that 
manually.
Lest anyone think Win7 shows any less laziness see what happens when you 
drill down a file tree in a Windows Explorer file tree. 

0
igotsaurus
12/6/2009 7:48:35 PM
Your new Vista PC came with a Trial of Office, uninstall any/all Office 
versions shown in Add/Remove, together with the Activation Assistant, 
reboot, then install your paid for version

"Lancelot" <Lancelot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:24EEC312-A128-4AE2-ACAD-E3B8926C7006@microsoft.com...
>I purchased Office 2003 on disk and I installed it on my old XP machine.
>
> When I used the same disk to install Office 2003 on my new Vista machine, 
> I
> was taken by surprise when I was asked if I wanted Office 2007. I said 
> yes,
> thinking that it was a free update for Vista.
>
> Now I have the following 3 problems, of which I have solved only the first
> one:
>
> 1. When I open a Word file by double-clicking in Explorer, the file opens
> under Office 2007 and asks if I want to install it, which I do not. I 
> solved
> this problem by first opening Word 2003 with the icon on the desktop and 
> now
> all my Word files open with this version and I don't get Office 2007
> messages. Solved.
>
> 2. When I follow the same procedure with Excel 2003, the trick doesn't 
> work
> i.e. I can't open an Excel file under Office 2003 by double-clicking. The
> file always opens under Office 2007 and asks me if I want to buy it.
>
> 3. The PowerPoint icon is not on my desktop and I can't find the 
> Powerpoint
> 2003 version anywhere. The disk installed it on my XP machine, so why not 
> on
> my Vista machine?
>
> I never had such installation problems with a software. Normally I buy the
> software and I say yes to everything and everything I paid for is 
> installed.
> I must say that I am extremely irritated with the change to Vista, as I 
> have
> already lost many hours fooling around with taking ownership of my own
> computer, changing properties all over the place, etc.
>
> I could now try to uninstall all Office versions and hope that it works
> better with a new installation. What do I have to look out for, so that I 
> get
> the same installation result as I got on my XP machine? 


0
DL
12/6/2009 7:59:16 PM
The reason being is that your new Vista contained the Office 2007 Trial.Uninstall 
the Trial and the Activation Assistant and all of Office 2003 and then reboot and 
then re-install your Office 2003

-- 
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

"Lancelot" <Lancelot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:24EEC312-A128-4AE2-ACAD-E3B8926C7006@microsoft.com...
>I purchased Office 2003 on disk and I installed it on my old XP machine.
>
> When I used the same disk to install Office 2003 on my new Vista machine, I
> was taken by surprise when I was asked if I wanted Office 2007. I said yes,
> thinking that it was a free update for Vista.
>
> Now I have the following 3 problems, of which I have solved only the first
> one:
>
> 1. When I open a Word file by double-clicking in Explorer, the file opens
> under Office 2007 and asks if I want to install it, which I do not. I solved
> this problem by first opening Word 2003 with the icon on the desktop and now
> all my Word files open with this version and I don't get Office 2007
> messages. Solved.
>
> 2. When I follow the same procedure with Excel 2003, the trick doesn't work
> i.e. I can't open an Excel file under Office 2003 by double-clicking. The
> file always opens under Office 2007 and asks me if I want to buy it.
>
> 3. The PowerPoint icon is not on my desktop and I can't find the Powerpoint
> 2003 version anywhere. The disk installed it on my XP machine, so why not on
> my Vista machine?
>
> I never had such installation problems with a software. Normally I buy the
> software and I say yes to everything and everything I paid for is installed.
> I must say that I am extremely irritated with the change to Vista, as I have
> already lost many hours fooling around with taking ownership of my own
> computer, changing properties all over the place, etc.
>
> I could now try to uninstall all Office versions and hope that it works
> better with a new installation. What do I have to look out for, so that I get
> the same installation result as I got on my XP machine? 

0
Peter
12/6/2009 8:21:42 PM

"Charlie Tame" <charlie@tames.net> wrote in message 
news:#rvyxvqdKHA.1648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Well you could try Open Office which works well for me and millions of 
> others, it may get you by this bad spot if only temporarily.
>

Hey idiot - He purchased Office.  He doesn't need that INFERIOR Open Sores 
Office.  Get a brain.


> <SNIP LINK>
>
> It is completely free and may buy you time to sort out the other problems, 
> for which I don't know the answer.

So your response is to ignore the problem that he has and put an INFERIOR 
Office Suite on his PC?
He needs to uninstall Office 2007 and Office 2003.  Then reinstall Office 
2003.

He doesn't need that shitty OO that is about 10 years behind the times.

 

0
Bill
12/8/2009 6:08:46 PM
Bill Yanaire wrote:
> 
> 
> "Charlie Tame" <charlie@tames.net> wrote in message 
> news:#rvyxvqdKHA.1648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Well you could try Open Office which works well for me and millions of 
>> others, it may get you by this bad spot if only temporarily.
>>
> 
> Hey idiot - He purchased Office.  He doesn't need that INFERIOR Open 
> Sores Office.  Get a brain.
> 
> 
>> <SNIP LINK>
>>
>> It is completely free and may buy you time to sort out the other 
>> problems, for which I don't know the answer.
> 
> So your response is to ignore the problem that he has and put an 
> INFERIOR Office Suite on his PC?
> He needs to uninstall Office 2007 and Office 2003.  Then reinstall 
> Office 2003.
> 
> He doesn't need that shitty OO that is about 10 years behind the times.
> 
> 
> 

So, hot shot, what's your solution to the OP's problem or are you here 
just to diss Open Source software?

-- 
Alias
0
Alias
12/8/2009 6:16:05 PM

"Alias" <alias@nospam.com.invalid> wrote in message 
news:hfm555$f9d$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> Bill Yanaire wrote:
>>
>>
>> "Charlie Tame" <charlie@tames.net> wrote in message 
>> news:#rvyxvqdKHA.1648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Well you could try Open Office which works well for me and millions of 
>>> others, it may get you by this bad spot if only temporarily.
>>>
>>
>> Hey idiot - He purchased Office.  He doesn't need that INFERIOR Open 
>> Sores Office.  Get a brain.
>>
>>
>>> <SNIP LINK>
>>>
>>> It is completely free and may buy you time to sort out the other 
>>> problems, for which I don't know the answer.
>>
>> So your response is to ignore the problem that he has and put an INFERIOR 
>> Office Suite on his PC?
>> He needs to uninstall Office 2007 and Office 2003.  Then reinstall Office 
>> 2003.
>>
>> He doesn't need that shitty OO that is about 10 years behind the times.
>>
>>
>>
>
> So, hot shot, what's your solution to the OP's problem or are you here 
> just to diss Open Source software?
>
> -- 
> Alias

You have reading comprehension problems.  I did suggest a solution.  It's in 
the post.  Try real hard and you will find it.  If you have trouble let me 
know and I'll point it out to you. LOL!  I'll give you a hint:

>> He needs to uninstall Office 2007 and Office 2003.  Then reinstall Office 
>> 2003.


HA HA HA HA HA HA -  Alias is STUPID.



 

0
Bill
12/8/2009 9:02:01 PM
On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 13:02:01 -0800, "Bill Yanaire" <bill@yanaire.com> wrote:

>
>
>"Alias" <alias@nospam.com.invalid> wrote in message 
>news:hfm555$f9d$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>> Bill Yanaire wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>> "Charlie Tame" <charlie@tames.net> wrote in message 
>>> news:#rvyxvqdKHA.1648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>> Well you could try Open Office which works well for me and millions of 
>>>> others, it may get you by this bad spot if only temporarily.
>>>>
>>>
>>> Hey idiot - He purchased Office.  He doesn't need that INFERIOR Open 
>>> Sores Office.  Get a brain.
>>>
>>>
>>>> <SNIP LINK>
>>>>
>>>> It is completely free and may buy you time to sort out the other 
>>>> problems, for which I don't know the answer.
>>>
>>> So your response is to ignore the problem that he has and put an INFERIOR 
>>> Office Suite on his PC?
>>> He needs to uninstall Office 2007 and Office 2003.  Then reinstall Office 
>>> 2003.
>>>
>>> He doesn't need that shitty OO that is about 10 years behind the times.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> So, hot shot, what's your solution to the OP's problem or are you here 
>> just to diss Open Source software?
>>
>> -- 
>> Alias
>
>You have reading comprehension problems.  I did suggest a solution.  It's in 
>the post.  Try real hard and you will find it.  If you have trouble let me 
>know and I'll point it out to you. LOL!  I'll give you a hint:
>
>>> He needs to uninstall Office 2007 and Office 2003.  Then reinstall Office 
>>> 2003.

I suspect the confusion arose because this was an actual, helpful reply to a
technical query. Somewhat unusual for this newgroup of late. :-)
0
Memnoch
12/9/2009 7:45:40 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Publisher 2003: how can I make a text box into a differnt shape.
I am trying to change the shape of a textbox or put text into other shapes. Right-click the autoshape, add text. The text will not conform to the shape. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "nathan" <nathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9636039D-0D50-4316-9C9D-1E1D7FAD444A@microsoft.com... >I am trying to change the shape of a textbox or put text into other shapes. Mary Sauer wrote: > Right-click the autoshape, add text. The text will not conform to the > shape. >> I am ...

Strange Outlook 2003 issue
I have a client running Exchange Server and Outlook 2003. The issue she has (and it only seems to be the one user), is this: When sending some emails, whether to a group or an individual user; internal or external; the email goes into both Sent and deleted items at the same time with a header that says 'This email has not been sent'. When we check with the recipient they have received the email. There does not seem to be any consistency with this, we have tried sending to the same sender and all ok, we have tried sending with and without attachments...nothing seems to make any d...

Win 7 keeps installing kb890830 malicious software removal
Windows keeps installing update kb890830. IF I allow it, a scan starts (mrt.exe) and that takes 1 core of my cpu fully loaded for hours. After about 15.000.000 I/O readings it is done scanning. It takes ages. But then I expect it to stop running, but after a while (15 minutes or so) it starts again with the question whether I want to run it again. That happens all the time. When I delete everything I can find of that update (mrt.exe etc.), windows says it found a new update and asks if I want to install that update. When I then choose to hide it and close my windows update s...

since 2008 install safari downloads append .dot .pot .xla #2
Since installing office 2008 on my macbook pro with OSX 10.4.11, any download I make automatically appends a template extension regardless of the extension on the file. So a file "XYZ.ppt" would download and be "XYZ.ppt.pot".<br> <br> This has also been noted by others in the Apple discussions for Safari.<br> &nbsp;<http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6463430#6463430><br> <br> Any solution to this? ...

MS Word 2003 Saving
I have MS Word 2003 and am having troubling saving documents. The options of Save and Save As are visible, but when I click them nothing happens. Please advise. ...

Exchange 2003 DR: parallel universe really necessary for full sys
We are in the process of adding to our DR plan for exchange 2003 Enterprise. -our exchange 2003 enterprise resides on its own server. -our DCs (2) reside on their own servers (that is the exchage server is NOT a DC). -exchange runs on windows 2003 enterprise SP1. -os and apps reside on their own hard disk -logs reside on its own disk -databases reside on it's own disk From my readings I understood that previous version of Exchange required a "parallel universe" to exist in order to rebuild exchange after some disaster--not so with Exchange 2003 (or did i misunderstand?). By...

Exchange 2003 default message size won't go beyound 10 megs
We are not able to send or receive attachments larger than 10 megs even when the AD settings are cranked up to 50 megs. When the default message size for inbound and outbound are changed to anything abouve 10 megs, the server will still behave as if it is only allowing 10 megs. We get the NDR 5.2.3 kickback email from the Exchange server each time we make a settings change and send out a test email. We have Exchange storage limits in place, but they should not affect the message size. Thanks! -- ITJTR ...

Group rights to mailbox on Exchange 2003?
Found this thread when trying to fix assignment of a group onto a mailbox on exchange 2003. Only the user can be successfully assigned as the group seems passive on mailbox rights. I have many users that maintain a single mailbox used for scheduling meeting room via calendar request. To date I have only been successful with individual users although I can add a group this has no effect for rights. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Tom. "Mark N." wrote: > > Mark > > > > It's explained in the following KB article. > > > > http://support.m...

Installing CRM 4.0 Issue
I am getting the following message in the log file after trying to install CRM: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot drop the table '#MetadataPublishCollect', because it does not exist or you do not have permission CRM looks mostly installed but it fails to load. I am installing CRM with a service account which has SA rights on the database instance. I am using an XML based silent install. This is a two server installation, application server is Windos 2003, database server is SQL Server 2005. An ideas? ...

Hotfix for KB 969168 fails to install. Now what?
I'm trying to run Office XP on a new cleanly-installed Windows 7 64 bit system. I get the exact symptoms as described in KB article 969168 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969168), concerning the need for the missing Microsoft Agent. So I requested and received the associated hotfix. When I go to install the hotfix, the install fails with "not applicable to your computer." Needless to say, the Office XP problem remains. What do I do next? Also, Outlook does not retain the email account passwords, even though the "remember password" box is checked...

Office errors
Hi: I have Windows2000 Pro with sp2 installed. Also I have Office2000 professional. Recently, my office programms have some problems: 1.Word does not work well but I can open it. 2.Excel doesn't open at all. I've tried to reinstall them, no luck. any suggestions? Thanks a lot! One common solution is to clean up your windows temp folder. For excel: Sometimes, the file that holds the customized toolbar gets corrupted and causes excel heartache when opening. Use Windows start button|Find| and search for *.xlb. You may have to search for hidden files within hidden folders. But...

what fonts are required by office
Hi , the tech guy at my comapny made a mess out of my fonts and now wverytime I start Powerpoint it tells me a oriental looking font is missing. It gives me that message 5 times leading me to believe he removed 5 oriental fonts. i asked him to fix it and his answer was that it was a Microsoft problem. Yikes! It worked fine before. Can any of you help me on where to find the required fonts fro Office 2004 for the mac. Thanks! Office 2004 loads about 76 fonts on your machine, twice - once in your user font folder, once in the Microsoft Office 2004:Office:Fonts folder. Check the latter. In...

Message Body not Visible in Outlook 2003
I have a client that is having an issue with Outlook 2003 where the message bodies are not visible. It appears that most of the messages I have looked at with the problem are HTML, but I'm not sure about that. They do get some messages that are HTML that don't have this problem. The preview pane yields the same blank page. OWA displays the message fine. When the users opts to forward the message the body is displayed in the forwarded message. Anyone have any ideas about this problem? Thanks in advance, Lesa By the way, on the problem users in the network the workstations ar...

Outlook 2003 SP1 wipes out clipboard when it starts
Anyone know why clipboard gets cleared when Outlook starts? I can copy something to clipboard, start Outlook and it is gone when I try and paste it into a new email. I get a funky looking icon instead. I know clipboard is empty after Outlook starts because I try and paste copied text into a text editor and there is nothing to paste. If I do the same copy and paste after Outlook is up and running, it works fine. How do I fix this annoyance? ---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 Final * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy * http://www.newsleeche...

Problem in installing sample Toaster Function driver on Windows 7
Hello Sir , I m a newbie to windows driver development, i was involved with linux driver development in past . I have downloaded WDK 7.1.0 and installed on my development PC with Win XP. I use WIndows 7 Debug Build (x86) on my target pc . I have compiled all the driver samples from WDK for Win 7 x86 Debug Build environment . Whenever I try to install the Toaster Function KMDF driver( wdfsimple.sys/wdffeatured.sys) on Windows 7 x86 target PC using "Add Hardware wizard" as per the steps described in WDK Documentation i get error box saying "...

Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the spec
I have Outlook 2003 with SP1 and a fully patched install point. Any machines that have this current install gets a message when trying to view public folders from the folder views. "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The operation failed." Any suggestions? ...

Can't load Office:mac 2008 Home & Student Edition
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) The docking bar shows all 4 applications but whenever I open Word, Excel, etc. I get the following message less than a second after opening "Microsoft has encountered a problem and needs to close" When checking for details I get these messages: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Application LCID: 1033 Extra app info. Reg: er Loc=0x0409 Also, when I attempted to install the most recent update I got the following message: "You cannot install office 2008 12.1.9 update on this volume. A version of the software required to install...

Uninstalling and downgrading from 2007 to 2003
Ok, here we go. My beta just expired and I would like to downgrade back to my old office 2003. What do I need to backup? and How do I do it? I need EVERYTHING from outlook. Mails, Folders, Tasks, Notes and Calendar items. Import/Export seems to be disabled. Please help me. Thanks, emp emp <mklinge@gmail.com> wrote: > Ok, here we go. > My beta just expired and I would like to downgrade back to my old > office 2003. > What do I need to backup? and How do I do it? > > I need EVERYTHING from outlook. Mails, Folders, Tasks, Notes and > Calendar items. Since Outlo...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Client installation fails
We're having problems with installing the Outlook Client on a machine with Windows XP Pro (fully updated), SQL Express 2005 (fully updated) and Office 2007 (fully updated). The machine had another user on it who has left the company and we're re-deploying the machine. Unfortunately, we did *not* delete CRM for Outlook from the machine before deleting the previous User from the box. Any ideas on what is preventing us from a successful installation and how we might continue? Here's the error log from the installation: === Logging started: 4/8/2009 8:21:37 === Action 8:2...

I'm stuck in getting Office contact data base to connect with Off.
I'm stuck in getting my Office contact data base to mail merge t with Office Word to print mailing labels For an overview of these functions take a look here: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/printlabel.htm http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/mailmerge.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "W. "Dee"" <WDee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42E06E19-B075-4AAE-AE1B-0B50C396849A@microsoft.com... > I'm stuck in getting my Office contact data base to mail merge t with > Office > Word to print mailing labels ...

Excel 2003 Macro ignores Arrow Keystrokes
Can't get ANY macro to work! *ignores relative references *ignores arrow keystrokes *ignores use of F2 *only offers VB for editing Macro security is low, there is no protection. Madness is near, help, please! ...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 #3
I already ran forestprep and domainprep, everything went well thanks to everybody that responded to my posts. the next step will be to install the Active Directory Connector, I have the new server that will be my exchange 2003 and will co-exist with 5.5. What should I look for when installing ADC and where should I do this step?? any articles and/or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance I'd strongly recommend downloading and reading the Exchange 2003 Deployment Guide: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77b6d819-c7b3-42d1-8fbb-fe6339ffa1ed&a...

How do I create a stem and leaf plot on Excel 2003?
A stem and leaf plot is method for easy hand creation of a crude histogram. The Analysis ToolPak contains a histogram tool. The stem and leaf plot differs from a histogram in the following ways: - The histogram is more flexible in choice of boundaries between bars, since the stem and leaf plot always groups by 10's - The stem and leaf plot uses the units digits of the actual numbers like a plot symbol. This gives you the potential of visually evaluating the distribution within a bar. You might be able to nest SMALL() and IF() functions to fake it in workbook cells. The resu...

Exch Server 2003 External Email Addresses
This is probably the most basic of questions and the easiest to answer - except if like me you have just had your Exch 5.5 replaced with Exch 2003 and have only the installation CD. How/where do you enter addresses for external email recipients???? In 5.5 it was straight forward - make up a Custom Recipient. But I cannot find out how to do it in this "modern version". I've even searched here, google and MS but either I'm using the wrong criteria or its too basic to have been asked........ Any advice please, to retain my sanity Cheers Stan Just go into Active Directory ...

Problem with Outlook 2003/Cached mode/Viruses
Every once in a while a user will get an e-mail into their mailbox on Exchange that's infected with a virus. From that point on Outlook refuses to download any new mail (including the virus-infected e-mail.) Sometimes we can delete the e-mail using OWA, sometimes not. If we take Outlook out of cached mode, all of the e-mail appears, and after deleting the infected mail and restarting Outlook back in cached mode, all mail synchs correctly. They're running Exchange 2000, using Symantec Corporate AV (on the workstations, server, and the Exchange plug-in.) Any ideas? TIA Looks l...