Install network printer on outsider laptop?

A guest wants to use his company laptop to print on our network.  How is
that done if his computer is not part of our domain?  He would need no other
netowrk access than to the printer.

I tried adding the printer as a network printer using \\10.10.x.x
I also added it as a local printer then tried to add a TCP/IP port of
10.10.x.x but neither recognized the IP address.

This procedure worked on XP, but this is a Vista laptop.
How is it done in Vista?

On Feb 26, 4:45=A0pm, "M Skabialka" <mskabia...@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote:
> A guest wants to use his company laptop to print on our network. =A0How i=
> that done if his computer is not part of our domain? =A0He would need no =
other
> netowrk access than to the printer.
>
> I tried adding the printer as a network printer using \\10.10.x.x
> I also added it as a local printer then tried to add a TCP/IP port of
> 10.10.x.x but neither recognized the IP address.
>
> This procedure worked on XP, but this is a Vista laptop.
> How is it done in Vista?

First, this "guest" laptop needs to be on the same TCP/IP network.

How is the network printer connected onto the network and how is the
print jobs managed?
0
smlunatick
2/26/2010 6:43:33 PM
The printer is on a LAN, with a Windows Server 2003 print server.
The guest laptop is connected to the LAN.

On Feb 26, 7:00=A0pm, "M Skabialka" <mskabia...@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote:
> The printer is on a LAN, with a Windows Server 2003 print server.
> The guest laptop is connected to the LAN.
>
> "smlunatick" <yves...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Feb 26, 4:45 pm, "M Skabialka" <mskabia...@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote:
>
> > A guest wants to use his company laptop to print on our network. How is
> > that done if his computer is not part of our domain? He would need no
> > other
> > netowrk access than to the printer.
>
> > I tried adding the printer as a network printer using \\10.10.x.x
> > I also added it as a local printer then tried to add a TCP/IP port of
> > 10.10.x.x but neither recognized the IP address.
>
> > This procedure worked on XP, but this is a Vista laptop.
> > How is it done in Vista?
>
> First, this "guest" laptop needs to be on the same TCP/IP network.
>
> How is the network printer connected onto the network and how is the
> print jobs managed?

Since it is on a Windows 2003, you will need to consider setting up a
"guest" style account.
0
smlunatick

Installing Pubisher 2000 from CD2 of office onto computer running
Help! When I attempt to install JUST Publisher 2000 from My Small Business Office 2000 Suite, I get the following errors about half way through the installation: Error 1335 - Unable to open file "OFFCD2_1.CAB". It then directs me to either quit/retry/ignore - Ignoring gives me Error 2350 and closes me out. I have heard that I need to get some kind of patch in order to install this older version of Publisher onto a computer running XP SP2 and elsewhere I was told there was a problem with the product key being accurate for a 2nd CD only install. Anyone have some definitive ...

Access 2003 Packaging & Deployment Wizard for Vista Install
Have had no problems installing on XP but Vista is different. For Vista Installations I have 2 queries: Believe I should be installing my program and associated files in the CommonAppDataFolder and that seems to correspond with the ProgramData folder when installed on Vista. However, when the front end is installed in ProgramData folder, the operator can't perform a compact/repair on the front end file?? Using the PDW how/where do I set up the installation of the back end data file? This needs to be accessible by all uses and don't want to run into the "virtualising&quo...

Outlook Client install problem
Client did the following: 1. Accidentally tried installing the "full" Outlook client on a desktop. Somehow the install failed. 2. Did a correct install of the "light" client. But received the "can not connect to CRM" error when opening Outlook. 3. Uninstalled and tried to reinstall the Outlook desktop client and received this error: "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Analyzer+CollectAction failed. Fatal error during installation" We can not get it past this error. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks, -Rick M Rick, I think th...

Outlook Installation Error
I am getting an error message that says ..........Reinstall or run regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll....'Display Name' missing or an incorrect value... How do I fix this? Have you followed the instructions to run the re-registration? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Mike asked: | I am getting an error message that | says ..........Reinstall or run r...

Business Portall 3.0 install
I installed BP 3.0 in what I thought was a successful manner, but every user I add is unable to access the GP database (works fine for the account I installed under of course). It does throw an event: "Verify User <user> is not in UserWindowsIdentity table" Further research revealed that I had somehow managed to install while logged into the local machine rather than the domain. Do I have any options to salvage this install or have I just blown the better part of a day? (I heartily echo the opinions of those who find the BP install procedure too difficult/lacking in...

Installing new fonts
Hi, can you explain how I can add a new font to use in publisher and other programs, like photoshop. Also in publisher I cannot get the guide lines to show....I tried everything suggested in the help dialogue, but it is not working...any ideas?? thanks Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Web-Based Deployment of .NET Applications http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f06795f1-6d67-40a3-81b9-985ac650804d/webbased-deployment-of-.aspx Easiest way is to drop the font file on the font folder in the control panel. Or open the Font folder, file, in...

having a problem installing MSCRM 1.2!

Disconnecting network drive
Hello all I'm trying to write an app that connects/disconnects to network drives, & I'm using 'WNetAddConnection2' I don't map a drive, but just make the connection; however, if a problem arises & I can't get to use th 'WNetCancelConnection2' a network connection appears to remain open, even after the app closes. The reason say "appears" to be is because even though checking through Explorer there are no drive connected, DO 'Netstat' says there's still a connection open via netbios?? So, is there any way to break that conne...

IE8 installation downgraded me to IE6
I have four identically configured W2K3 Std Edition R2 servers that had a fully patched IE7 installation. I downloaded the standard IE8 install package from Microsoft and ran the installation. During the install, I unselected the check box for Install Updates and let it proceed. On two of the servers, I was prompted with a window telling me that the UNINSTALL of IE7 was complete, that a REBOOT was required, and that I would have to manually resume the IE8 setup after the reboot. I rebooted the servers and lo and behold I had downgraded to IE6. Following this I successful...

Can't print at all..not sending data to printer
I've got the Publisher trial version...all is well with the doc to print, but when I try, it doesn't print...my printer's window doesn't even tell me "data received". HELP! Do you have the correct printer selected? (Have to ask) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Pompien" <Pompien@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED1E769-AB93-4C2F-94B1-6BD0FBC50478@microsoft.com... > I've got the Publisher trial version...all is well with the doc to print, > b...

need help with adding outside users with citrix/gp
Hello all, I am running a Citrix environment using 10.0 GP. I am trying to add an outside fiannce user to access through the Citrix web client to GP, however I do not want this new person to have access to our shared network drive as it contains private company data. The Dex.ini has this shared drive hard coded, and we modifed the file to use the full UNC path as well. I so desperately need to know how to get this to work! Thanks! Ang, What is GP using the shared drive for? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com ...

Network Check before Moving from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
Hi all, I'm going to be moving from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 shortly, and already have a Windows Server 2003 AD environment in place, with a seemingly happy ADC connecting to Exchange 5.5. I'd like to make sure that my Windows 2003 environment is optimised before making the move to Exchange 2003, specifically I want to look at AD replication, FSMO roles, DC/GC placement and anything else that you can recommend? Does anyone have some tools/scripts/checklists that I could use for my project. If I have to go through my environment manually I can, but I'm hoping that there is ...

XP / Office 2007 files write extremely slow to network share (2 mi
My dept recently moved our shared drive from a dated Snap Appliance to an Apple Xserve Raid (OSX 10.4 / Samba 3). We have mostly XP clients running Office 2007 Professional, and Symantec Endpoint 11 by requirement. Since the switch our clients are experiencing very slow save times to the network share (1-2 minutes, sometimes +), specifically when files are opened, edited and saved directly on the share. This was not the norm before the switch. We've found the following while investigating: A) On XP clients: Office 2007 files opened, edited and saved directly on shar...

installing money on another pc
Ok stupid question here, I have been using Money (Deluxe Version 14.0.120.1105) for a long time now on my desktop. I have decided to install Money on my laptop too. What i expected was to see the same accounts i have on my desktop, on my laptop too. I entered my netpassport login on the laptop but i see that i have to set up Money from the beginning. Am i doing something wrong? PS: From the web page money.msn.com (banking, my accounts) i can see normally my accounts. "Bill Katsipournias [CptBill]" <bill2933@nospamupieceofshit.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23...

GP Report Writer Installs
We have a GP DR/Test server. We discovered that the customization/report writer references our production server. How do you correct this situation. Check the Dynamics.set file on the Test server installation of the cliient directory for GP. You can edit it Word pad. Copy over the existing Reports.dic to a different location then the current production reports dictionary. Good Luck, Kevin "Max" wrote: > We have a GP DR/Test server. We discovered that the customization/report > writer references our production server. How do you correct this situation. ...

How do I completely remove Outlook for a fresh re-install?
I ran Add Remove Programs in XP with Office XP installed to try and put a fresh install of Outlook in. When I re-ran the install I got all my preferences back and had the same problem. How do I completely remove Outlook? thanks Delete your profile, too. Easier still, just create a new one. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "zephyr" <zephyr@nospam.net> wrote in message news:nodft1lsodg99l35uhc8bfr2094rpdh1v3@4ax.com... >I ran Add Remove Programs in XP with Office XP installed to try and > put a fresh install of Outlook in. > > When I re-ran the install I got all ...

Distribution list available under OWA but not on internal network
I have recently run into a situation with Exchange 2003 where I can create new email and distribution groups that will not show up locally in my global address book but it will when I log in remotely. I always thought it was the same list regardless. Are you using an Offline Address Book? Could it be a sync problem that is client specific? Nue "Rob H" <RobH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B197B1DB-E7A6-43D5-B2C0-6A019EDA86E8@microsoft.com... >I have recently run into a situation with Exchange 2003 where I can create > new email and distribution gr...

Printer Font substitution (scale fonts)
Hello, I am currently working in a render pluging that will replace a specific true type font for a device (printer) resident font. I have created my printer fonts (ufm files), compile them into a resource dll file and prepared the gpd file accordingly. My implementations of IPrintOemUni2::OutputCharStr and IPrintOemUni2::SendFontCmd are called correctly. But I am unable to handle scale fonts. For instance, I want an original Arial 20 text to printed in a larger resident font than a text using Arial 8, but when I activate the font substitution IPrintOemUni2::SendFontCmd does no...

Cannot install
I cannot install WLM - Desktop on my brand new laptop (HP) with W7. I use ZoneAlarm Extr. Sec. 9.1.008.000. Error message when trying to install (after downloading WLM): "WLM could not be started. The appl. was unable to find the WLM message store . . . . . . . . . (0x800c0155,2). Please help. Thx Try turning Zone Alarm off and see if it works. Sounds like Zone Alarm is blocking WLM. If it works with ZA turned off then you'll have to go into Zone Alarm settings and configure it for WL Mail. Colin Brown WL MVP "Olga" <Olga@discussions.microsoft.com...

windows\installer corrupt or unreadable
Brand new computer. Windows 7. Every time start up message in lower right reads c:windows/installer corrupt or unreadable run chkdsk utility. When I run chkdsk utility fast flash of black on monitor and message continues to pop up every time computer is rebooted. Can't find file on computer. Can't download anything receiving message that temporary files are full even when I empty them. Any advice much appreciated. -- boochose Posted via http://www.win7heads.com How does this pertain to Windows Update? boochose wrote: > Brand new computer. Windows 7. E...

Install bits for CRM Server and client
Hello. With the rollups, hotfixes, etc that have come out for CRM I had not seen a place where it was listed what bits to put on a new, fresh CRM install: a baseline. Below I have listed what I think is a good starting point and would appreciate comments/feedback from the community. CRM CLIENT CRM_V3C_CLIENT.ISO - V3C Outlook client CRM3.0-KB922815-v3-Client-ENU.exe - CRM 3.0 rollup for client crm3.0-kb925874-Client-ENU - DST patch, includes other hotfixes too CRM SERVER RTM Install of CRM Server CRM3.0-KB922815-v3-Server-ENU.exe - CRM 3.0 rollup for server CRM3.0-kb925874-Server-EN...

share calendar with outside users ??
We have an outside company which is doing some marketing research for us. They want to be able to see our outlook calendar so they can send a scheduling request. Is there a way they can see the calendars of the users, without having access to the domain? They really need to see the calendar, but I am a bit afraid of the security risks. (this is sbs 2003 with exchange 2003 SP2) On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 08:24:51 +0200, "ikke" <ikke@nospam.com> wrote: >We have an outside company which is doing some marketing research for us. >They want to be able to see our outlook calenda...

Can't send or receive email after installing Outlook 2007 SP1
I've installed office 2007 sp1 last night, and immediately after rebooting, I could no longer send or receive email. I get the error message that Outlook could not connect to host. To test this, I uninstalled SP1, and I could once again send and receive email. I've got an IMAP and POP3 account configured. ...

Installation of office 2004
HI: Which updates are mandatory to download and install? Thanks mikeseiden@rogers.com Apply the updates in the following order: 11.3.5 11.3.6 11.3.7 11.3.8 11.3.9 Alternatively, use the Microsoft AutoUpdate application inside your Applications folder and run it until it tells you that it can't find any more updates. On 22/11/2007 12:43, in article b35ed0fb-f896-4538-9751-d5ce9550cff8@d61g2000hsa.googlegroups.com, "seiden.mike@gmail.com" <seiden.mike@gmail.com> wrote: > HI: > Which updates are mandatory to download and install? > > Thanks > mikeseiden@...

Install this critical patch that comes from the M$
--dkajkukvlotlomgm Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="hkxxqcadwvcckxz"; type="multipart/alternative" --hkxxqcadwvcckxz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xlridnmzv" --xlridnmzv Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "December 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to mai...