How to install program

How to install the program for the standard user but using the
administrative privileges of Administrator?

0
Claire

"Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
> How to install the program for the standard user but using the
> administrative privileges of Administrator?

Right-click on the executable and choose "run as administrator"

0
Gordon
1/6/2010 7:13:44 PM
That does not work hence my question.
Doing as that the message is:
"You must be logged as an administrator when installing this program"
Claire

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
>> How to install the program for the standard user but using the
>> administrative privileges of Administrator?
>>

> Right-click on the executable and choose "run as administrator"

0
Claire
1/6/2010 7:23:15 PM
Let me explain more.
I am the administrator.
I want to install the program for the standard user.
How to do that?
Claire

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
>> How to install the program for the standard user but using the
>> administrative privileges of Administrator?
>>

> Right-click on the executable and choose "run as administrator"

0
Claire
1/6/2010 7:25:28 PM
On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 14:02:36 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote:

>How to install the program for the standard user but using the
>administrative privileges of Administrator?

D/l and run          http://www.superantispyware.com/
and                     http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
0
Jim
1/6/2010 8:00:56 PM
Huh?

"Jim" <bojimbo261@aol.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 14:02:36 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote:
>
>>How to install the program for the standard user but using the
>>administrative privileges of Administrator?
>>

> D/l and run          http://www.superantispyware.com/
> and                     http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

0
Claire
1/6/2010 8:18:18 PM
Jim is thinking you may have a bug.

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

> Huh?
>
> "Jim" <bojimbo261@aol.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 14:02:36 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote:
>>
>>>How to install the program for the standard user but using the
>>>administrative privileges of Administrator?
>>>

>> D/l and run          http://www.superantispyware.com/
>> and                     http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

0
Michael
1/6/2010 8:39:36 PM
You will need to grant the user administrator rights, install the program
under their profile and when done change their user rights back to a normal
user if Right Click, Run As is not acceptable.

> Let me explain more.
> I am the administrator.
> I want to install the program for the standard user.
> How to do that?
> Claire
>
> "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
>>> How to install the program for the standard user but using the
>>> administrative privileges of Administrator?
>>>

>> Right-click on the executable and choose "run as administrator"

0
Test
1/6/2010 9:05:26 PM
I remember that some time ago (probably it was WinXP) that it was possible
to install software without changing standard user privileges.
I do not remember whether it was done from within standard user profile or
administrator profile.
I think there must be some setup in Windows policy.
Claire

"Test Account" <t3st.account@live.com> wrote in message
> You will need to grant the user administrator rights, install the program
> under their profile and when done change their user rights back to a
> normal user if Right Click, Run As is not acceptable.
>
> "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
>> Let me explain more.
>> I am the administrator.
>> I want to install the program for the standard user.
>> How to do that?
>> Claire
>>
>> "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> Right-click on the executable and choose "run as administrator"

0
Claire
1/6/2010 10:10:57 PM
I am afraid he is a pest :)

"Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message
> Jim is thinking you may have a bug.
>
> --
>

> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>

> "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
>> Huh?
>>
>> "Jim" <bojimbo261@aol.com> wrote in message

>>> D/l and run          http://www.superantispyware.com/
>>> and                     http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

0
Claire
1/6/2010 10:11:42 PM
He may be, but it wouldn't hurt to download and run each of those programs.

--

> I am afraid he is a pest :)
>
> "Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message
>> Jim is thinking you may have a bug.
>>
>> --
>>

>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>>

>> "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
>>> Huh?
>>>
>>> "Jim" <bojimbo261@aol.com> wrote in message

0
Michael
1/6/2010 10:41:18 PM

> That does not work hence my question.
> Doing as that the message is:
> "You must be logged as an administrator when installing this program"
> Claire

Don't mind Gordon.  He is a bit S.L.O.W.

He might be distracted by polishing his NET COP badge! LOL!

0
Bill
1/6/2010 10:44:36 PM
What for?
What that has to do with my question?
Just think about that.

> He may be, but it wouldn't hurt to download and run each of those
> programs.
>
> --
>

> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>

> "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
>> I am afraid he is a pest :)
>>
>> "Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message
>>> Jim is thinking you may have a bug.
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>>>

>>> "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message

0
Claire
1/6/2010 11:35:50 PM
Claire wrote:
> How to install the program for the standard user but using the
> administrative privileges of Administrator?

	Log in using an administrative account and install the program.  If
it's properly written for Vista, it will ask you if you want it to be
available to all users.  (By default, almost anything you install will
be available to all users, anyway.)

	If you're having trouble with a specific application, post back with a
modicum of pertinent information (i.e., name and version of application,
any error messages displayed during the installation, what its
manufacturer has had to say on this issue, and - in particular - what
actually happens when standard users try to run it), and someone can
give something better that generalities as a response.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
0
Bruce
1/7/2010 2:11:24 AM
Claire

Either do as Gordon posted or log in as Administrator

--
Peter

"Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
> How to install the program for the standard user but using the administrative
> privileges of Administrator?

0
Peter
1/7/2010 3:33:48 AM
> What for?
> What that has to do with my question?
> Just think about that.

Because if you DO have some malware, whatever it is might just be stopping
you running this install as an administrator.

0
Gordon
1/7/2010 8:13:57 AM
On 1/06/10, Peter Foldes posted:
> Claire

> Either do as Gordon posted or log in as Administrator

I think Claire believes (incorrectly) that she is doing that.

Claire: an account with adminstrator privileges has only a limited set
of administrator privileges. Only the account named Adminisitrator has
all privileges.

You could also try this: right click on the *installer* program and
choose "Run as administrator". I suggest this because it's not clear to
me that that is what you are doing.

--
Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Gene
1/7/2010 7:24:10 PM
"Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
> On 1/06/10, Peter Foldes posted:
>> Claire
>
>> Either do as Gordon posted or log in as Administrator
>
> I think Claire believes (incorrectly) that she is doing that.
>
> Claire: an account with adminstrator privileges has only a limited set of
> administrator privileges. Only the account named Adminisitrator has all
> privileges.
>
> You could also try this: right click on the *installer* program and choose
> "Run as administrator". I suggest this because it's not clear to me that
> that is what you are doing.
>
> --
> Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

How do I create Administrator named account?
I tried to do it but Windows response is that account already exists,
although it is not displayed on the list nor displayed as the option when
switching users.
If the account really exists how do I log into it?
Thanks,
Claire

0
Claire
1/7/2010 9:53:42 PM
On 1/07/10, Claire posted:
> "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
>> On 1/06/10, Peter Foldes posted:
>>> Claire
>>
>>> Either do as Gordon posted or log in as Administrator
>>
>> I think Claire believes (incorrectly) that she is doing that.
>>
>> Claire: an account with adminstrator privileges has only a limited set of
>> administrator privileges. Only the account named Adminisitrator has all
>> privileges.
>>
>> You could also try this: right click on the *installer* program and choose
>> "Run as administrator". I suggest this because it's not clear to me that
>> that is what you are doing.
>>
>> -- Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
>>

> How do I create Administrator named account?
> I tried to do it but Windows response is that account already exists,
> although it is not displayed on the list nor displayed as the option when
> switching users.
> If the account really exists how do I log into it?
> Thanks,
> Claire

The account exists and is hidden by default.

Here's the trick:
1. Run a command prompt as administrator: click on the start orb - the
round icon on the left end of the task bar - and type cmd in the search
line. The command "cmd.exe" will appear at the top of the start menu.
Right click it and choose "Run as administrator".

2. In the resulting screen (a command window) type the command
"net user Administrator /active:yes" (without the quotes and followed
by an Enter).
When the command reports successful completion, you will be able to log
on as "the" administrator, whose name is Administrator - see below. You
can exit from the command window by typing "exit" and enter or by
clicking on the usual red X.

3. Switch user to administrator by Choosing "Switch User" on the usual
shut down/restart menu. Odds are you didn't give it a password, so just
leave that field alone and click the right arrow you'll see next to the
password field.

Or you could just choose restart and when you now see the Administrator
icon on the startup screen, you can log on that way instead of with
your usual account.

4. When all is done, get out of the administrator account:
a. If you switched users, choose "Log out" in the shut-down restart
menu, or
b. If you restarted, restart again and log on to your normal account.

5. For better security, when you are finished, repeat the net user
trick above, but replace "yes" by "no". Leave it that way until you
need it again (I find that I hardly ever need to use the Administrator
account).

6. Whew!

--
Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Gene
1/8/2010 12:28:22 AM
Thank you very much.
The first part was a breeze and now I do have Administrator option to choose
from the menu.
However, I cannot login into it because of the password.
I am the owner of this computer, I installed Windows and all.
I never use any passwords (your guess was very good).
So, why that thing insists to have password?
I tried: admin, administrator, and few other passwords (I might used if the
Windows 7 installation insisted on one) to no avail.
There is such thing as "password reset" option.
When I click on it the Password Reset Wizard window opens and displays the
following label:
"The password key disk is in the following drive:"
and under it the only available (scrolling down) selection is Floppy Disk
Drive (A)
What curiosity it is!
Not only I do not have and never had such disk but floppy drive?????
Who uses floppy these days????
This is Windows 7 for my dog sake!

Thanks,
Claire

> On 1/07/10, Claire posted:
>> "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
>>> On 1/06/10, Peter Foldes posted:

>>> I think Claire believes (incorrectly) that she is doing that.
>>>
>>> Claire: an account with adminstrator privileges has only a limited set
>>> of administrator privileges. Only the account named Adminisitrator has
>>> all privileges.
>>>
>>> You could also try this: right click on the *installer* program and
>>> choose "Run as administrator". I suggest this because it's not clear to
>>> me that that is what you are doing.
>>>
>>> -- Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
>>>

>> How do I create Administrator named account?
>> I tried to do it but Windows response is that account already exists,
>> although it is not displayed on the list nor displayed as the option when
>> switching users.
>> If the account really exists how do I log into it?
>> Thanks,
>> Claire
>
> The account exists and is hidden by default.
>
> Here's the trick:
> 1. Run a command prompt as administrator: click on the start orb - the
> round icon on the left end of the task bar - and type cmd in the search
> line. The command "cmd.exe" will appear at the top of the start menu.
> Right click it and choose "Run as administrator".
>
> 2. In the resulting screen (a command window) type the command
> "net user Administrator /active:yes" (without the quotes and followed by
> an Enter).
> When the command reports successful completion, you will be able to log on
> as "the" administrator, whose name is Administrator - see below. You can
> exit from the command window by typing "exit" and enter or by clicking on
> the usual red X.
>
> 3. Switch user to administrator by Choosing "Switch User" on the usual
> shut down/restart menu. Odds are you didn't give it a password, so just
> leave that field alone and click the right arrow you'll see next to the
> password field.
>
> Or you could just choose restart and when you now see the Administrator
> icon on the startup screen, you can log on that way instead of with your
> usual account.
>
> 4. When all is done, get out of the administrator account:
> a. If you switched users, choose "Log out" in the shut-down restart menu,
> or
> b. If you restarted, restart again and log on to your normal account.
>
> 5. For better security, when you are finished, repeat the net user trick
> above, but replace "yes" by "no". Leave it that way until you need it
> again (I find that I hardly ever need to use the Administrator account).
>
> 6. Whew!
>
> --
> Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Claire
1/8/2010 1:44:36 AM
Have you tried *not* trying to type a password?

If you lack a password, there is no password.

I'm thinking...OK, maybe it would help if you would first click
(without typing) in the box that asks for the password, and then click
on the arrow. This might help Windows figure out that your password is
null.

Which is I said in the first place - except that I forgot to say click
in the box first. (I didn't think of it!)

I can't any longer test this, since I set up a password for my
Administrator login. I chose this password:

Actually, I'm kidding, I won't tell you :-)

If that doesn't work, I am in the dark too...So I hope it works.

On 1/07/10, Claire posted:
> [...]

>> field.
>>
>> Or you could just choose restart and when you now see the Administrator
>> icon on the startup screen, you can log on that way instead of with your
>> usual account.
>>
>> 4. When all is done, get out of the administrator account:
>> a. If you switched users, choose "Log out" in the shut-down restart menu,
>> or
>> b. If you restarted, restart again and log on to your normal account.
>>
>> 5. For better security, when you are finished, repeat the net user trick
>> above, but replace "yes" by "no". Leave it that way until you need it again
>> (I find that I hardly ever need to use the Administrator account).
>>
>> 6. Whew!
>>
>> -- Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

--
Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

1/8/2010 2:37:55 AM
No, that does not help.
I tried the same in WindowsXP SP3 and Vista.
In Vista:
after running: net user Administrator /active:yes
the cmd response was "System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied"

in WinXP:
the command was successful but the administrator option has not appeared (I
tried rebooting to no avail)

Thanks,
Claire

> [...]
>>> password field.
>>>
>>> Or you could just choose restart and when you now see the Administrator
>>> icon on the startup screen, you can log on that way instead of with your
>>> usual account.
>>>
>>> 4. When all is done, get out of the administrator account:
>>> a. If you switched users, choose "Log out" in the shut-down restart
>>> menu, or
>>> b. If you restarted, restart again and log on to your normal account.
>>>
>>> 5. For better security, when you are finished, repeat the net user trick
>>> above, but replace "yes" by "no". Leave it that way until you need it
>>> again (I find that I hardly ever need to use the Administrator account).
>>>
>>> 6. Whew!
>>>
>>> -- Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
>>>

> --
> Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

1/8/2010 3:39:24 AM
I wasn't talking about XP. I have no knowledge about the command there,
so if I referred to that I'd be misleading you :-)

But in Vista, did you run cmd.exe in administrator mode? It sounds like
you didn't.

Here's a trick which works for me. In the start menu Start-Search box,
type command instead of cmd. That seems to come up in administrator
mode automatically - on my computer; I don't know if I can
extrapolate...

On 1/07/10, Claire posted:
> No, that does not help.
> I tried the same in WindowsXP SP3 and Vista.
> In Vista:
> after running: net user Administrator /active:yes
> the cmd response was "System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied"

> in WinXP:
> the command was successful but the administrator option has not appeared (I
> tried rebooting to no avail)

> Thanks,
> Claire

> "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
>> Have you tried *not* trying to type a password?
>>
>> If you lack a password, there is no password.
>>
>> I'm thinking...OK, maybe it would help if you would first click (without
>> typing) in the box that asks for the password, and then click on the arrow.
>> This might help Windows figure out that your password is null.
>>
>> Which is I said in the first place - except that I forgot to say click in
>> the box first. (I didn't think of it!)
>>
>> I can't any longer test this, since I set up a password for my
>> Administrator login. I chose this password:
>>
>> Actually, I'm kidding, I won't tell you :-)
>>
>> If that doesn't work, I am in the dark too...So I hope it works.
>>
>> On 1/07/10, Claire posted:
>>> Thank you very much.
>>> The first part was a breeze and now I do have Administrator option to
>>> choose from the menu.
>>> However, I cannot login into it because of the password.
>>> I am the owner of this computer, I installed Windows and all.
>>> I never use any passwords (your guess was very good).
>>> So, why that thing insists to have password?
>>> I tried: admin, administrator, and few other passwords (I might used if
>>> the Windows 7 installation insisted on one) to no avail.
>>> There is such thing as "password reset" option.
>>> When I click on it the Password Reset Wizard window opens and displays the
>>> following label:
>>> "The password key disk is in the following drive:"
>>> and under it the only available (scrolling down) selection is Floppy Disk
>>> Drive (A)
>>> What curiosity it is!
>>> Not only I do not have and never had such disk but floppy drive?????
>>> Who uses floppy these days????
>>> This is Windows 7 for my dog sake!
>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Claire
>>
>>> "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message

>> -- Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

--
Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Gene
1/9/2010 12:54:13 AM
I have the administrative privileges in any of my Windows and I do not use
passwords.
Everything what I do for testing is done in VPC windows.
Thanks,
Claire

>I wasn't talking about XP. I have no knowledge about the command there, so
>if I referred to that I'd be misleading you :-)
>
> But in Vista, did you run cmd.exe in administrator mode? It sounds like
> you didn't.
>
> Here's a trick which works for me. In the start menu Start-Search box,
> type command instead of cmd. That seems to come up in administrator mode
> automatically - on my computer; I don't know if I can extrapolate...
>
> On 1/07/10, Claire posted:
>> No, that does not help.
>> I tried the same in WindowsXP SP3 and Vista.
>> In Vista:
>> after running: net user Administrator /active:yes
>> the cmd response was "System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied"
>
>> in WinXP:
>> the command was successful but the administrator option has not appeared
>> (I tried rebooting to no avail)
>
>> Thanks,
>> Claire
>
>> "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Have you tried *not* trying to type a password?
>>>
>>> If you lack a password, there is no password.
>>>
>>> I'm thinking...OK, maybe it would help if you would first click (without
>>> typing) in the box that asks for the password, and then click on the
>>> arrow. This might help Windows figure out that your password is null.
>>>
>>> Which is I said in the first place - except that I forgot to say click
>>> in the box first. (I didn't think of it!)
>>>
>>> I can't any longer test this, since I set up a password for my
>>> Administrator login. I chose this password:
>>>
>>> Actually, I'm kidding, I won't tell you :-)
>>>
>>> If that doesn't work, I am in the dark too...So I hope it works.
>>>
>>> On 1/07/10, Claire posted:

>>> -- Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
>>>

> --
> Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Claire
1/9/2010 2:57:50 AM
Also, I turned off UAC.
Claire

"Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
>I wasn't talking about XP. I have no knowledge about the command there, so
>if I referred to that I'd be misleading you :-)
>
> But in Vista, did you run cmd.exe in administrator mode? It sounds like
> you didn't.
>
> Here's a trick which works for me. In the start menu Start-Search box,
> type command instead of cmd. That seems to come up in administrator mode
> automatically - on my computer; I don't know if I can extrapolate...
>
> On 1/07/10, Claire posted:
>> No, that does not help.
>> I tried the same in WindowsXP SP3 and Vista.
>> In Vista:
>> after running: net user Administrator /active:yes
>> the cmd response was "System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied"
>
>> in WinXP:
>> the command was successful but the administrator option has not appeared
>> (I tried rebooting to no avail)
>
>> Thanks,
>> Claire
>
>> "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Have you tried *not* trying to type a password?
>>>
>>> If you lack a password, there is no password.
>>>
>>> I'm thinking...OK, maybe it would help if you would first click (without
>>> typing) in the box that asks for the password, and then click on the
>>> arrow. This might help Windows figure out that your password is null.
>>>
>>> Which is I said in the first place - except that I forgot to say click
>>> in the box first. (I didn't think of it!)
>>>
>>> I can't any longer test this, since I set up a password for my
>>> Administrator login. I chose this password:
>>>
>>> Actually, I'm kidding, I won't tell you :-)
>>>
>>> If that doesn't work, I am in the dark too...So I hope it works.
>>>
>>> On 1/07/10, Claire posted:

>>> -- Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
>>>

> --
> Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Claire
1/9/2010 2:58:56 AM
Claire,
You still didn't answer Gene's question.  There are different levels of
Administrator.  Having administrative privileges doesn't necessarily mean
running as Administrator.

--

> I have the administrative privileges in any of my Windows and I do not use
> passwords.
> Everything what I do for testing is done in VPC windows.
> Thanks,
> Claire
>
> "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
>>I wasn't talking about XP. I have no knowledge about the command there, so
>>if I referred to that I'd be misleading you :-)
>>
>> But in Vista, did you run cmd.exe in administrator mode? It sounds like
>> you didn't.
>>
>> Here's a trick which works for me. In the start menu Start-Search box,
>> type command instead of cmd. That seems to come up in administrator mode
>> automatically - on my computer; I don't know if I can extrapolate...
>>
>> On 1/07/10, Claire posted:
>>> No, that does not help.
>>> I tried the same in WindowsXP SP3 and Vista.
>>> In Vista:
>>> after running: net user Administrator /active:yes
>>> the cmd response was "System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied"
>>
>>> in WinXP:
>>> the command was successful but the administrator option has not appeared
>>> (I tried rebooting to no avail)
>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Claire
>>
>>> "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message

>> --
>> Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Michael
1/9/2010 1:54:11 PM
:-)

She is apparently unwilling to try what I said...

On 1/09/10, Michael posted:
> Claire,
> You still didn't answer Gene's question.  There are different levels of
> Administrator.  Having administrative privileges doesn't necessarily mean
> running as Administrator.

> --

> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

> "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
>>
>> I have the administrative privileges in any of my Windows and I do not use
>> passwords.
>> Everything what I do for testing is done in VPC windows.
>> Thanks,
>> Claire
>>
>> "Gene E. Bloch" <letters@someplace.invalid> wrote in message
>>>I wasn't talking about XP. I have no knowledge about the command there, so
>>> if I referred to that I'd be misleading you :-)
>>>
>>> But in Vista, did you run cmd.exe in administrator mode? It sounds like
>>> you didn't.
>>>
>>> Here's a trick which works for me. In the start menu Start-Search box,
>>> type command instead of cmd. That seems to come up in administrator mode
>>> automatically - on my computer; I don't know if I can extrapolate...
>>>
>>> On 1/07/10, Claire posted:

>>> -- Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

--
Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

0
Gene

Can I assign an ip form within a program on Windows CE 6.0
Hi I know in Windows CE 6.0 you can change the ip address on the device by doing the following 1. Navigate to : Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Network and Dial up Connections 2. Right click on the network adapter and select Properties 3. You will see the IP Settings dialog box 4. Click Specify an IP address and fill it in I would like to do the same thing in a program. What do I wirte too? Are they registry entries or something in the smbserver.dll? Can someone please provide some detail on what to write too? -- Don Just ...

re-installing clip art
I have Windows XP and Microsoft Word 2002. My computer hard drive had to be re-formatted and Word reinstalled. In doing so, the original clip art that came with Word cannot be found. Is there a way I can search for clip art files that might exist now on the hard drive and if so, how can I install them so they can be accessed from Word's clip art menu? OR, if the clip art files are not now on the hard drive, how can I find them either on the internet or Word's installation disk and install them? best, Aaron If the drive has been reformatted and then written to,...

Home Use Program Eligible for Upgrade?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I have been using the trial version of Office 2008 for about 25 days. I want to purchase the full (including Exchange Server support) version. I bought a licensed copy of MS-Office: Mac 2004 under the Microsoft Home Use Program. It is registered and the product key is good. Does the Home Use Program version qualify for the upgrade to 2008 (with Exchange Server support)? This is a very confusing issue and frankly I don't have the time to diddle around with it. Peter In article <59b73b84.-1@webcrossing.caR9ab...

Unable to install OneNote 2007
I have downloaded OneNote 2007 (and paid for the licence key) but after entering the licence key it stops installing with the message "Microsoft OneNote 2007 setup has stopped working. A problem cause the program to stop working correctly". I am runninig Windows 7 Home Premium on a new computer. Any suggestions as to what I can do - I have tried to download a different trial version but without any luck - the same problem Thanks Where did you download it from? What anti-virus software are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://w...

mixed programming of win32 and mfc
Hi, I have two questions on mixing use of MFC and Win32, 1. How can I create Win32 childWindow in CDialogs or in other MFC classes after creating a project by MFC AppWizard in eVC3.0 ? 2. How can I create MFC CDialog after i create a pure Win32 application in eVC3.0 ? Any books or material that i can refer to on the above two problems ? Thanks so much ...

Business Portal Install #4
I/m stuck with Business Portal. I am trying to install BP4.0 on WSS3.0. GP has been upgrade to v10.0 When I try to install BP it only creates a default Team website, not the BP website. I have tried to let business portal create the site and tried to use an exisiting one (which I created) but still the same result. Am I missing something? -- Stephen Great Plains Consultant On Feb 2, 8:48=A0pm, Stephen <Step...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I/m stuck with Business Portal. > I am trying to install BP4.0 on WSS3.0. > GP has been upgrade to v10.0 > When I try to insta...

MSDE SP4 - Installation Failed
When installing Microsoft CRM3.0 Laptop Client for Outlook I receive the following error "MSDE SP4 - Installation Failed - Fatal Error on Installation" Has anyone seen this before? Do you have a fix? nj, I've had this happen on a couple of installs. Go into Add/Remove Programs. In my two issues there were 2 versions of Microsoft SQL MSDE CRM installed. Once I removed both, and restarted, all was good. Terry nj.kingston wrote: > When installing Microsoft CRM3.0 Laptop Client for Outlook I receive > the following error "MSDE SP4 - Installation Failed - Fatal Er...

CRM 3.0 Email Router installation
While upgrading Email router for CRM 3.0, the system requirement screen shows that the Operating System failed the test with the following message. The operating system version 5.2 is not supported by the installed product. We are running Windows 2003 Server and Exchange 2003 SP2. Is Windows 2003 SP1 required to be installed prior to installing email router? Correct, if running on Windows 2003, Microsoft CRM 3.0 requires it to be SP1 for both server and exchange router. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. www.workopia.com "Nilesh" wrote: > While upgrading Email router for CRM 3.0,...

Email Router Install/General Permissions Problems
While investigating the a problem of being unable to install the email router i have stumbled across a strange situation. The problem with installing the email router is the normal error message - server cannot be found or you do not have permission etc. I followed the 14 points here http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/msg/7c47b47a99133d56?q=exchange+email+router&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&rnum=1 I cannot get any xml data at the 2 pages mentioned but everything else is in order. my .srf mapping was missing but its been added ok. This is all installed on an...

New Office 2004 Installation, no Autoupdate

since 2008 install safari downloads append .dot .pot .xla #3

Installing Exmerge on client PC
Have exch 2000 on a single server environment. Can I install the Admin manager console and exmerge on a member PC (XP O/S) and do all the management from that PC instead of having to go to the server all the time. I know that the exchange management component is OK on an XP client but not sure about xmerge. thanks -- Kath Create a Mangement Server instead. Then you can use Terminal Services to get to it. XP can be a little painful to get the tools correctly configured on. "Kaddie" <kathied@tweed.nsw.gov.au(donotspam)> wrote in message news:719EC6DD-9937-4C51-9896-...

Install Exchange SP2 on an 2-Node Active\Pasive Win2K3 SP1 cluster
I'm looking for the installation steps for installing SP2 on Exchange 2003 Cluster on Windows Server 2003 sp1 I can't seem to find the document anywhere on MS I've installed it on my passive node, taken the EVS resources offline moved them over to the upgraded node and tried to right click on the EVS group and select Upgrade virtual server" but I keep getting errors saying "not enough storage space" which is not the case...... A link to the documentation and thoughts on what I may be running into with the upgrade would be much appreciated. A link to the ...

Online Client Installation
I'm the admin and wanted to test out the online functionality of Outlook. I installed the online client for desktops and it took my admin permissions away when I try to access CRM through the web browser? Any ideas? What do you mean? What security role do you have assigned? If you do not see settings in the web client, just close Outlook and start the web client again. It should appear. "Bobby" wrote: > I'm the admin and wanted to test out the online functionality of Outlook. I > installed the online client for desktops and it took my admin permissions > a...

Exchange 2003 Event ID:9098 after SP1 installation
Hi all, I have this Event log Source: MSExchangeSA Category: Monitoring Type: Error Event ID: 9098 Description: The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from the DS, error '0x8000ffff'. and I can not find any patch to download. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks! Petr Petr Mares wrote: > I have this Event log > Source: MSExchangeSA > Category: Monitoring > Type: Error > Event ID: 9098 > > Description: > The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from > the DS, error '0x8000ffff'. > > and I ...

Installing an Exchange 2003 Server
I just got finished installed Exchange 2003 on a new server. This is not a migration. The company has never ran Exchange before. Now that I have exchange installed, I'm rather fuzzy on what happens next. I have a domain registered with Network Solutions, however I'm having a hard time understanding what else needs to happen. I have a DSL line committed to the Exchange server. The DSL line is supplying a static IP address. I know that I have to establish an MX record on the internet however I also know that I'm missing many other steps. Any information on what I need to do wo...

Corrupted database under Snow Leopard. Can't install 12.2.0 Update
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed Office 2008 under OS X 10.6 build 10A432 and when I open an office program I'm told the database is corrupted and to rebuild it using the Database Utility. After rebuilding and verifying it, a message says it's still corrupted. When I try to install the Office 12.2.0 update, the installer says it can't find any versions of Office on my hard disk. After further investigation into the 12.2.0 package contents, it appears that the person that wrote the installation program didn't allow for the s...

Installing Microsoft Mail on Outlook XP
We have a small office and have used Microsoft Mail for our internal mail. We now have a new person that has Outlook XP and I need to connect him to our Microsoft Mail server but can't see how to do it. I know it can be done because we have it on some other machines, setup by someone that is no longer around. Any help appreciated. -- Regards, Chris ...

How to install Provider on server
Dear Sir/Madam. I am getting this error Provider error '80040e21' Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done. Actually In our page I am reading XML using ASP, Error at this line adoRS.ActiveConnection = "Provider=MSDAOSP; Data Source=MSXML2.DSOControl.2.6;" It was working fine in past but when we changed our server then this problem creates. One person saying this problem occurs due to unavailablity of provider. So please tell me what is the main reason. Please he...

Launching Program with Time Sensitive Data
I use excel to create orders for parts from a variety of different suppliers. After I create and fax the order to the specific vendor, I have to "remember" to go back to the same order in a couple of days and call the vendor to ensure they received the order that I sent to them. Currently I am using a separate program (cute reminder) or a plain "sticky note" to remind me to do this, however what I would LIKE to be able to do is to use an integrated option or formula or perhaps a 3rd party program that allows me to simply set a date and time within Excel for the progr...

How to modify program files in Vista?
Hi All: I use vs2008 make a msi file of my program. When I install in Vista(C:\program file\myproduct), the files in this folder can't be modified. Only system and admin can modify these files. But there is an ini file, every time my program should write something in this file use WritePrivateProfileString function. I want to know how can I install my program in Vista, and let my program can modify this ini file? Thanks Fiveight Your use of a .INI file which is kept in the same directory as your executable is incorrect usage. You must change your program to store information i...

GP Install in Italy
Has anybody done an installation in Italy? ...

after installing windows live, disaster
I no longer can access most apps. I do have access to Outlook and to My Documents. I can not access "add or delete programs". I can access IE by clicking on "run as". I can not access Office or any components such as word. How can I delete Windows Live and restore access to my installed apps. ...

While installing CRM 4.0 I get this sql server error about
I can't figure out what this is. It's clear it's turned on. I didn't install SQL server 2005, it was already on the machine, but the CRM verification list keeps giving me this error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) Any help is greatly appreciated. Did you resolve this? I'm getting the sa...

Installation, "Wrong OS or OS version for application
Trying to install Money 2004, insert the CD and I get the disclaimer stating it may need additional componants and also stating anti-virus software may get in the way. I click OK and the error that comes up next is, "Installation of windows installer was not successful. Please install it manually by running instmsiu.exe from your Money CD. Then retry Money 2004 Setup.exe. I click on instmsiu.exe and the error message that comes up promptly reads as, "Wrong OS or OS version for application." I am, indeed, using Windows XP home edition--the rest of the minimum req&#...